Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

whats for dinner posted:

my partner and I have nicknamed him "quadboobs"
Funny--so have we! :hfive: So creative and original, the things we come up with after a long day at work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Teru is just a true yokozuna now

Two early losses and withdraw

Its just like old times

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Well poo poo

Here's a Japanese article about it

Machine translation:

quote:

Yokozuna Terunofuji (Isegahama) told the Japan Sumo Association on the 18th of the spring place 6th day, "Right ankle bone contusion, left He was absent after submitting a medical certificate such as "I have severe pain (depression) due to knee osteoarthritis . It is expected that medical treatment for about one month will be required."

Kenning, could I please trade Terunofuji for (in order of preference) Mitakeumi or Takakeisho?

Tochiazuma
Feb 16, 2007

I try to avoid trading but can't help it sometimes :(

Can I please trade Terunofuji for Takakeisho/Mitakeumi/Shodai in order of preference? Thanks!

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!
Well if Teru is out, I guess I will have to make my first sub. If Teru is hurt, can I bring in Mitakeumi instead?

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

Trading Terunofuji for Mitakeumi/Takakeisho/Shodai, in that order of preference, please.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

I’d like to trade Teru for Mitakeumi/Takakeisho/empty slot

Hoping there’s enough room on the Mitakeumi train because I think he has the most to prove and has looked like he’s upped his game in the first few days.

Eli949
Oct 23, 2008
Same. Teru for Mitakeumi/Takakeisho/Shodai. At this point I’m rooting for all the ozeki to make it through…

Hopefully Teru heals and comes back in full Yokozuna glory next basho!

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
Makushita news: Tochimaru won his Juryo exchange bout and is now 4-0 on day 6. I think that might be the earliest in basho that anyone's got a promotion-securing record in history!

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
just checking, but onosho doesn't get a kinboshi right? i've been giggling to myself like an idiot imagining getting a kinboshi for showing up.

Netsky
Jun 24, 2004
I AM THE STREET

Ah crap I'll also do Terunofuji for Mitakeumi/Takakeisho/Shodai

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Marching Powder posted:

just checking, but onosho doesn't get a kinboshi right? i've been giggling to myself like an idiot imagining getting a kinboshi for showing up.

Nope, kinboshi's only for an actual win.

Good to see Tochi looking like himself today. Got that forklift action going.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
i don't think i need a spoiler for this but shodai was just so pathetic today. like dude, go kyujo.

whats for dinner
Sep 25, 2006

IT TURN OUT METAL FOR DINNER!

the way he went tonight I'm fully expecting him to just collapse at the tachiai, shonanzakura-style, by the end of the basho

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://i.imgur.com/hhyU0fS.mp4

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

i meant to ask at the time, but what is this guy's translated name?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

lol

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
Mitakeumi/Takakeisho/Shodai please

whats for dinner
Sep 25, 2006

Marching Powder posted:

i meant to ask at the time, but what is this guy's translated name?

according to wikipedia "shonan" is his home region and "zakura" is "cherry blossoms" and is taken from the stable master's fighting name "kitazakura"

wikipedia posted:

He was given the shikona of Hattorizakura, using a combination of his own surname and zakura ("cherry blossoms") taken from his stablemaster's fighting name, Kitazakura.

Shortly before the January 2021 tournament his whole shikona changed, to Shōnanzakura Sōta. Shōnan is his native region, and the kanji for shō also meant "win." The second part of the shikona, Sōta, was a reference to the shogi player Sōta Fujii.

Iron Chef Nex
Jan 20, 2005
Serving up a hot buttered stabbing
If Teru is indeed out for the tourney (you folks get better news than I by far) I'll make the same trade request in order: Mitakeumi/Takakeisho/Shodai

I'm happy my furry egg (Takayasu) is doing well this tourney though!

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Poor Teru but you had to feel something like his was coming

Can I swap Teru for Mitakeumi please?

Heh, accurate.

Tochimaru is up! After spending nearly 10 years in division 3 he fought in Juryo today and won so is 4-0 at Ms1 meaning he'll be in Juryo for May basho!

bessantj fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Mar 18, 2022

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
I guess trade teru for mitakeuki/taka/shodai as well please

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:
Going to keep up my shameful record of trading underperformers - please may I release Takanosho for Wakatakakage, Hoshoryu or Abi? :(

jmzero
Jul 24, 2007

Joining the Teru trade train - Takakeisho/Mitakeuki/Shodai.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Terutsuyoshi and Aoiyama was excellent sumo. Fun match!

Also nice to see Tochinoshin looking decently healthy thus far. Ura on the other hand has looked completely lost since his promotion.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

wakatakakage looks like a future ozeki rn

whats for dinner
Sep 25, 2006

Thauros posted:

wakatakakage looks like a future ozeki rn

:hmmyes: looks like a totally different dude on the dohyo compared to july last year

captainblastum
Dec 1, 2004

Welp I'm a bit behind but I'd like to trade Terunofuji for Mitakeumi, Takakeisho, or Shodai, in that order, please.

Unless I can trade for a former Ozeki, in which case Takayasu :)

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Chiyomaru…

so of course as soon asI drop him he starts picking up the wins

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

some kinda jackal posted:

Chiyomaru…

so of course as soon asI drop him he starts picking up the wins

sic semper traders

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

some kinda jackal posted:

Every time Sumo Mainichi talk describe Takarafuji as a businessman I just imagine him showing up to the dohyo with a briefcase that contains a framed photo of his wife and kids, a tupperware container labeled "business chanko", a box of salt, and a spare business mawashi.

There was dude, I want to say Kitataiki, a few years back who I felt had a bit of the salaryman about him.

I like the thought of them stepping off the dohyo grabbing a crumpled hat, an umbrella and their copy of the Asahi-shimbun and falling asleep on the train in their mawashi and just sighing as their wife asks them how sumo was today.

edit: it was Kitataiki.

There's just something overworked, middle-aged guy in lower management about him.

Elissimpark fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Mar 19, 2022

Banana Canada
Sep 2, 2003
I'd tax all foreigners living abroad.

Takarafuji has the sexiest legs.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Banana Canada posted:

Takarafuji has the sexiest legs.

I'm not going to let you sully Tokitenku's legacy like this!

More seriously, I feel that when Takarafuji retires, he'll drop about 10kgs and just be super ripped.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Enho pulled out an awesome win today down in juryo.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I always enjoy how Hokutofuji looks like he should be the oldest guy in the sport but he's younger than me and way younger than the actual oldest guys.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках
Chiyonokuni is kyujo, already injured shoulder aggravated on the pull down yesterday.

Skjorte
Jul 5, 2010
Should've had a matta today when poor Ura was attacked by a swarm of bees mid-tachiai.

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

Wakafamily taking over makuuchi :yeshaha:

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Flinger posted:

Wakafamily taking over makuuchi :yeshaha:

Unfortunately Wakatakamoto is 1-3 at Ms13w

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

I was a day behind, so I didn't know about the injury :(

But, like others:
Could I please trade Terunofuji for Mitakeumi? or.. Takakeisho? (or... Shodai..._