Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Ok for real whos your team
This poll is closed.
The Green Bay Packers 81 35.53%
The Chicago Bears 52 22.81%
The Minnesota Vikings 42 18.42%
The Detroit Lions 53 23.25%
Total: 228 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.

Shine on, you crazy diamond. Thanks for all the memories.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wollawolla
Jan 15, 2007

Are you gonna smash my skull and breathe my blood-mist?

adaz posted:

oh i'm sure aaron is going to loving handle this well too. old mellow aaron, going to love his all pro wr getting traded. definitely not going to loving cause any drama

There's absolutely no chance Aaron signed his deal without already knowing what was going on with Adams' contract situation.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Abugadu posted:

Some players care about that sort of thing. Wanting the ball, etc.

Also, in looking at the draft, there's not a lot of other teams out there with massive needs at WR, so here's hoping a top one slips down to us.

I'm sure he still cares about his personal performance and his team's success, winning a Super Bowl, all that stuff, but raw numbers are really only good for getting you paid and getting you into the hall and Adams has now definitely settled one and has probably settled the other? Or if he hasn't, I don't think moving from GB to the Raiders will be the thing that keeps him out. It seems like he just really, really, really wanted to play for the Raiders, which. I dunno why, but, fair play.

Also I don't think he'll have any trouble getting the ball, the Raiders are paying him a kerjillion dollars, he better get the ball forcefed to him almost as much as Rodgers did.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Lifelong dream to play with Derek Carr and the Raiders?!!! :wtf:

1) The Raiders are competing to be the 3rd or 4th team in the AFC West. If Russell Wilson isn't cooked (I think he is) the Raiders are :fork:'d

2) Derek Carr is poop from a butt

3) The Raiders are garbo

4) Josh McDaniels Josh McDaniels Josh McDaniels

This is all going to explode in a spectacular fashion, and Davante Adams is going to be a, "remember that guy?" story.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
I do like that the Packers-to-Raiders pipeline of star receivers continues: first Javon Walker, then Jordy Nelson, and now Davante Adams.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Does James Jones mean nothing to you????

Wollawolla
Jan 15, 2007

Are you gonna smash my skull and breathe my blood-mist?

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

This is all going to explode in a spectacular fashion, and Davante Adams is going to be a, "remember that guy?" story.

I don't think the Raiders look like playoff contenders in that division, but Adams is substantially better than either Jennings or Cobb were when they made their exits. He'll do fine barring injury.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

R.D. Mangles posted:

it is very funny that we're all pretending that it actually matters who is on the packers other than rodgers.

Facts

Dexo posted:

I'm gonna be mad if the Packers end up with Olave.

So loving mad.

This was my first thought

I don't know how anyone thinks signing Adams to that contract would be a good idea for the Packers. Packers got a great return on a receiver who is almost assuredly going to decline in the next couple of years. I'm not saying he won't be a top guy for a lot of that contract, but good teams sign players to contracts they can potentially outperform. No way Adams does that.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Lifelong dream to play with Derek Carr and the Raiders?!!! :wtf:

Just throwing this out there, but Vegas is probably a funner town to be a turbo-millionaire in than Green Bay

Also, he's a northern california guy, it's entirely possible the raiders were his childhood team, which might matter according to the same (i think whistful) logic by which people thought the 49ers could land Brady

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.
Carr and Adams are best friends who went to college together. There’s really no mystery here.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

choosing to believe that it is because aaron rodgers is incredibly annoying

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

I wonder if Davante was able to extract some sort of assurance that the Raiders weren't serious about the perpetual Carr trade rumors

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

PupsOfWar posted:

I wonder if Davante was able to extract some sort of assurance that the Raiders weren't serious about the perpetual Carr trade rumors

Those rumors sound like bullshit. Supposedly the Patriots tried trading for Carr last year. I think McDaniels likes Carr.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

R.D. Mangles posted:

choosing to believe that it is because aaron rodgers is incredibly annoying

Truth.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
sorry didnt read the thread but how do you let devante walk wow packers seem turbo hosed

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I think it’s really neat that a star WR was hell-bent on playing with a fairly unremarkable QB. Just wanna work with my bro, who cares about dumbass sports narratives. The power of friendship football could lead the Raiders to new heights

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

HyperPuma posted:

sorry didnt read the thread but how do you let devante walk wow packers seem turbo hosed

I don't know what more the Packers could do if they offered him more money than the Raiders & dude still wanted to leave. Trade Rodgers for Carr?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
They almost assuredly did not offer him more money than the raiders lol.

Lying through "sources" to try and spin to convince a fanbase you tried is GMing 101.

They might have "offered him more" via the like bullshit Fake money that they put on deals to make them seem larger than they functionally are or whatever.

Look at all this money you'll get in these years we will definitely cut you before you hit.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

Dexo posted:

They almost assuredly did not offer him more money than the raiders lol.

Lying through "sources" to try and spin to convince a fanbase you tried is GMing 101.

They might have "offered him more" via the like bullshit Fake money that they put on deals to make them seem larger than they functionally are or whatever.

Look at all this money you'll get in these years we will definitely cut you before you hit.

Nevada not having income tax makes it very possible that the Packers technically offered more money, but Adams would've received less money overall.

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Packers obviously let Adams walk because they are going to be living true to their roots and draft another Western Michigan University Bronco to be their new wideout! Grats to Skyy Moore!

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

Good Will Hrunting posted:

Does James Jones mean nothing to you????

Whoops, poo poo, I forgot.

Also, I kinda feel like the Packers need to bring in at least three pass-catchers, regardless of whether we re-sign Tonyan.

- If we re-sign MVS, I'd want one more decent veteran free agent and one of the first-round talents.
- If we don't, I'd want two veteran free agents (one good and one decent) and one of the first-round talents.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

HyperPuma posted:

Packers offered him more than the Raiders. He was itching to leave. They didn't let him walk.

Apples McGrind
Oct 13, 2013

HyperPuma posted:

It sounds like Davante had no intention of staying in GB, given that they offered him more money than the Raiders.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Im hoping the packers draft a couple of off ball linebackers in the first

Apples McGrind
Oct 13, 2013

There’s no way the packers don’t use like half of their picks of WRs… right?

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Apples McGrind posted:

There’s no way the packers don’t use like half of their picks of WRs… right?

Exactly, and its a deep draft.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Apples McGrind posted:

It sounds like Davante had no intention of staying in GB, given that they offered him more money than the Raiders.

Davante's agents confirmed that Green Bay offered more.

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...
I'm sorry, you're all wrong. The packers should absolutely sign Antonio Brown and then him and Aaron can burn down Lambeau once the disgruntlement gets too much.

If the Raiders are going friendship narrative the pack should go angry players only.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Wow the Packers really hosed up 🤣🤣😂😂 they are TURBO hosed 😂😂🤣🤣 they might even go 0-17 😂🤣😂🤣 How do you even let Delavontuh walk with zero compensation??? 😂😂😂😂 They didn't offer him any money... and now they're 40 million dollars above the cap! 🤣🤣🤣🤣 Rogers oughta gruntle right into retiring, Gutekunst stabs him in the back again! 😂🤣🤣😂

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

SKULL.GIF posted:

Wow the Packers really hosed up 🤣🤣😂😂 they are TURBO hosed 😂😂🤣🤣 they might even go 0-17 😂🤣😂🤣 How do you even let Delavontuh walk with zero compensation??? 😂😂😂😂 They didn't offer him any money... and now they're 40 million dollars above the cap! 🤣🤣🤣🤣 Rogers oughta gruntle right into retiring, Gutekunst stabs him in the back again! 😂🤣🤣😂

this

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
This was smart by the Raiders, they were going to waste those picks anyways.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

SirPablo posted:

This was smart by the Raiders, they were going to waste those picks anyways.

I mean from the sound of things it doesn’t look like they had much a choice. Adams could be one of the many WRs that bust when they leave to his original team, but right now he’s number 1 and he seems to have practically begged to be a raider.

They wiyld have been crazy to say no

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Is Nathan Peterman still the Raiders backup QB? :unsmigghh:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SKULL.GIF posted:

Laugh to keep from crying.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

If two or more franchise players leave your organization in one offseason, legally you're allowed to change your fandom for a season.

gently caress the Bears, let's go Bills. does anybody know anything about the bills

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

GNU Order posted:

If two or more franchise players leave your organization in one offseason, legally you're allowed to change your fandom for a season.

gently caress the Bears, let's go Bills. does anybody know anything about the bills

sorry that andy is gone

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

R.D. Mangles posted:

sorry that andy is gone

listen if they put your picture on the home game tickets you're a franchise player. I don't make the rules

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

GNU Order posted:

sounds like the post of a coward frankly

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/CourtneyRCronin/status/1504846323341737998

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1504847357829074951

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Acebuckeye13 posted: