Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Dogen posted:

I will have no problem displaying it in the BTTF3 configuration as god intended

FTFY

I love the wooden box full of gizmos and the insane red-rims-and-whitewalls combo. But then again, I’m also an absolute sicko who thinks 2 has aged really poorly and is mostly a boring slog that’s only remembered fondly for some good production design and that 3 is the best of the trilogy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

Big Mean Jerk posted:

FTFY

I love the wooden box full of gizmos and the insane red-rims-and-whitewalls combo. But then again, I’m also an absolute sicko who thinks 2 has aged really poorly and is mostly a boring slog that’s only remembered fondly for some good production design and that 3 is the best of the trilogy.

Well now I have to watch 2 and 3 again just to get in this headspace.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Lord Hydronium posted:

The hardest part is going to be deciding which configuration to display it in.

DMC-12 and then you have bonus pieces to build other things with.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

I built the Countach last night, I love how they did the back angles and the little accent thing on the door. It made me wish I still had those posters of it that were in my room when I was a kid, I'd totally hang them in my garage now.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Big Mean Jerk posted:

FTFY

It's always been BTTF-BTTF3-BTT2 in terms of film quality.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

It's gonna be surreal when I'm watching those movies someday and realize the 2015 scenes are as far in the past as the sixties were in the original film.

By "surreal" I mean "devastating to my psyche"

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Cheer up, maybe you’ll be dead before then.

YanniRotten
Apr 3, 2010

We're so pretty,
oh so pretty

~Coxy posted:

DMC-12 and then you have bonus pieces to build other things with.

"Finally a Lego Delorean, but what's all this other crap"
(throws flux capacitor out the window)

You're a sick man

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

In most of the original film the sixties were like four years in the future.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Right, my bad, I meant the 50s.

GlenMR
Dec 11, 2005

What is this emotion called "criminal negligence"?

Big Mean Jerk posted:

FTFY

Yeah but the car flies and that's cool as poo poo dude.

My order is 1-3-Telltale Game-2.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
I know it's R rated so not Lego's domain, but as long as we're talking stuff from movies, and given Legos rich history of mechs, I really want to see a good cargo loader from Aliens. I just don't see how to do it properly with a minifig since they don't articulate and all the round ball joints I'd want to use are huge compared to minifigs.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Speaking of R-rated Lego properties, wasn't there a teaser that they were going to do something related to The Matrix? Have there been any leaks or rumors about that since?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Big Mean Jerk posted:

FTFY

the BTTF2 variant is in the first movie too, so even if you don't like the movie it can just be a "end of BTTF" time machine.

Carbohydrates posted:

Oh even better, my guy. There's a rubber band mechanism with a toggle lever on the underside of the car. Flipping it makes all 4 wheels together swing down or back up again.

Oh that's excellent.

People are gonna go nuts for this set.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

veni veni veni posted:

Oh that's excellent.

People are gonna go nuts for this set.

Isn’t there a similar mechanism in Agent Coulson’s car in this set?

https://brickset.com/sets/76077-1/Iron-Man-Detroit-Steel-Strikes

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Lord Hydronium posted:

Speaking of R-rated Lego properties, wasn't there a teaser that they were going to do something related to The Matrix? Have there been any leaks or rumors about that since?

I can't recall anything more material than Lego making a red/blue pill joke in an Instagram caption, and that is pretty mainstream language. I would love to see the kinds of figs a Matrix set would come with though

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Big Mean Jerk posted:

FTFY

I mean sure 2 is a bad movie but the future Delorean is the best. I guess you could also think of it as “end of 1” delorean.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Looking back at the original Delorean it's gotta be one of the worst looking sets lego has ever done.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
It was like, the first ideas set? Second? It was bad.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It was the state of the art at the time, sure it had issues (I assume everyone modded the hood instantly) but remember it was 2013 (and designed a couple years before that), build standards have advanced considerably since then.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Haven't seen this before. This is kind of nuts. it has powered gullwing doors, RC functionality, lighting and powered wheel transformation that lifts the car up and tilts it back and forth like it's flying

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=It8yjRIVpRU&t=257s

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Dogen posted:

It was like, the first ideas set? Second? It was bad.

It was Cuusoo #4, so early it wasn't an Ideas yet.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?
Having owned it, the hood made of tiles instead of slopes wasn't really quite as bad as it looked in the box art, which chose an unflattering angle with tons of shadows. I defended it quite a bit at the time. It certainly has not aged well, though.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It's pretty easy to mod by putting a hinge under the hood and using a pair of 2x4 tiles to make a smooth grade. That's what I did anyways.

There's that one 6x8 slope or something like that that was popular too, but it was an expensive part and didn't look that good because it had that crappy matte texture.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

xzzy posted:

It's pretty easy to mod by putting a hinge under the hood and using a pair of 2x4 tiles to make a smooth grade. That's what I did anyways.

There's that one 6x8 slope or something like that that was popular too, but it was an expensive part and didn't look that good because it had that crappy matte texture.
It (that big slope) also didn't have a connection point for the A pillars, so that had to be reimagined as well.

Also, my tiny train got blogged on both Brothers-Brick and TLCB and dang, that's wild! What an honor.

Carbohydrates fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Mar 19, 2022

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Gonna own when you get hired by Lego and suddenly there's a goatse Easter egg in some Duplo farm.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Carbohydrates posted:

Also, my tiny train got blogged on both Brothers-Brick and TLCB and dang, that's wild! What an honor.

Man you deserve it your stuff is inspired

(I have two of four orders of parts for the Delta, I was hoping to build it this weekend. BrickLink! :mad: )

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
I am so down to clown with a microscale series of trains. Think the History of Flight but with tiny trains that you can slide up and down tiny tracks.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Got started on the Titanic, and one little detail/Easter egg I find neat is several hidden structural elements in the bow that are red on the port side and green on the starboard side, per nautical convention.

Lord Hydronium fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Mar 19, 2022

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
The Ecto 1 does the same thing, but that's especially cool for a ship.

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

F:\DL>quickfli 4-clowns.fli
The Creator pirate ship from a couple of years ago does that too.

It's pretty common for Lego sets to have lots of bright coloured parts for interior structures and it's cool when that sort of thing can be thematic

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Yeah it’s pretty common in larger symmetrical sets. Batwing has that too, I just put it together.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Neat, didn't know it was a thing across sets.

Also, this is a big goddamn set (one might even say titanic). I had the movie playing with James Cameron's commentary while building it, and in those three hours I didn't even get halfway through Box 1. Really cool build so far, though, with lots of interesting techniques.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Currently building the BMW Bike. I mean, yeah, gently caress stickers, but it actually feels like Technic is back. Really awesome build so far, especially some building steps where I actually had to study the instructions in detail to not gently caress it up compared to recent years.

Does anyone know if there are third-party pad-printed parts for this before I move to the last steps? At this point I’d love if Lego - when they refuse to print - move to water transfer stickers for the 18+ sets. There are at least a lot of sealing solutions on the market to keep them cool for tens of years.

Is there actually a “best practise” for sticker heavy Lego sets, like stuff you can apply to the stickers so they won’t crumble off after five years, like some kind of varnish or something?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Finished my (used) 1989 Batmobile, great build. Missing four interior support pieces (two sets of two). They're not visible, they just make it a little more fragile. Ordered some from bricklink.

What if this seller is removing 4 pieces from every set he sells? That's 40 cents of pure profit.

Started the Republic Gunship. Going a little bit quicker than one piling the batmobile.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

bird with big dick posted:

What if this seller is removing 4 pieces from every set he sells? That's 40 cents of pure profit.

:spergin: it would actually probably be a loss for the seller considering what a set's value typically is complete vs. incomplete

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Futanari Damacy posted:

:spergin: it would actually probably be a loss for the seller considering what a set's value typically is complete vs. incomplete

He didn't tell me it was incomplete.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

bird with big dick posted:

He didn't tell me it was incomplete.

Ah, I've had that happen too- or there's an unadvertised parts substitution that throws you off when building from the instructions :mad: Thankfully it's usually something common like a miscolored 1x2 plate but still annoying.

I've had more (total of 2) missing pieces from new sets (Titanic; wrong length of rope for one of the funnels, and Hotel; missing the hinged piece that is two 1x2 plates connected). For the Hotel I was surprised to see I didn't actually have a spare handy- I ended up having to pull a light grey one from the Galactic Mediator (whoever had it before me took really good care of it as I had trouble telling the old light grey from the new light bley :awesome:). Still have to contact Lego for replacements but it's not altogether urgent. Looking at both these sets makes me so happy, on a whole they are just really well done :unsmith:

Managed to snag the last Countach from my store and just finished the first bag. Really do love how the rear quarter panel "slides" into place. A very difficult car to depict correctly (the taillight solution is more elegant than anything I devised) but I think they finally justified the move to 8-wide with this one.

Grimmeh
May 9, 2004

...Putting The Fun Back Into The Funeral
Anyone ever have Lego bricks break apart from tension? I have had a small flat 1x1 brown piece break in half five times while building the Minecraft Nether Micro-World. I’ve never had this happen before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Any suggestions on how to make a simple micro Gotham city with my kid? YouTube or whatever, I've never done micro style buildings