Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Mercedes rn: :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Mokotow posted:

Jesus the whole side-pod just came off the Alpine, the gently caress is it made off, croissants?

It did look flaky

zhel
Aug 2, 2010

If the Alpine is going to fall apart going over a bump on the straights I can’t wait to see it bounce over some curbs!

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

digging the new graphics and that we have chaos from the jump, thanks Ocon

also Hulk having a rough time of learning these new cars as well, if that brake lock-up is any indication.

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

the blue alpine looked a lot better than this racing point pink

Dirk Pitt posted:

Friendly reminder to click this on your MacBooks Pro

why are there two commentary channels? im new to f1 tv

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

There’s little grey boxes to the right of the timing tower graphic that show a “P” and they are basically illegible on live coverage. Bet they looked great on the mock-ups though!

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Mokotow posted:

Jesus the whole side-pod just came off the Alpine, the gently caress is it made off, croissants?

Lmao gently caress, anyone have images? I'm at work rn but I want my dreams of a good Alpine year to be shattered early on

Diorama
Apr 18, 2006

i remember when all this was fields

smackfu posted:

There’s little grey boxes to the right of the timing tower graphic that show a “P” and they are basically illegible on live coverage. Bet they looked great on the mock-ups though!

are you watching on an ipod nano

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
lol that side pod's made out of laminated cardboard

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Grimson posted:

they changed it for F1 Live and replaced rosanna and sam with will suxton and 2 other white guys

wow that’s total poo poo

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal

Dictator. posted:

the blue alpine looked a lot better than this racing point pink

why are there two commentary channels? im new to f1 tv

I was totally wrong here, I guess the F1 live channel is the "good" channel and F1 international is the Crofty channel. I miss the pit lane channel.

Diorama
Apr 18, 2006

i remember when all this was fields

Deltasquid posted:

Lmao gently caress, anyone have images? I'm at work rn but I want my dreams of a good Alpine year to be shattered early on

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
God they've really gutted everything that made PLC different and interesting and given us more boring white men droning on. Sorry Sam and Rosanna maybe we'll still let you host preview shows and hang around the pits.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
the front side fell off

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Red Warrior posted:

God they've really gutted everything that made PLC different and interesting and given us more boring white men droning on. Sorry Sam and Rosanna maybe we'll still let you host preview shows and hang around the pits.

Sam is in the pits today, maybe he’ll be this season’s Karun?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

the front side fell of

Unlike ships, cardboard and cardboard derivatives are allowed in F1.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Feels like first practice of the season in new cars is going to be very technical so not surprised they have Sam on the main channel.

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

What's the best way to watch f1 tv pro on a TV? Casting from my laptop is probably lower res? I've got a LG 55CX OLED, don't think there are f1 tv apps for it?

Harry Lime
Feb 27, 2008

ooh it looks like they stabilized the in helmet cam feeds

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

The in-helmet camera seems to be better! It’s still way over saturated but is stabilized better.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Dictator. posted:

What's the best way to watch f1 tv pro on a TV? Casting from my laptop is probably lower res? I've got a LG 55CX OLED, don't think there are f1 tv apps for it?

There’s an unofficial F1TV android TV app.

I also used the browser and watched F1 through that on a Samsung.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Perfect, anguish and despair have replaced my initial optimism. No plan survives contact with the enemy, and El Plan is no different

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Do these cars sound differently at all? Wasn’t that supposed to be a small change?

With that Latifi onboard, I thought the car sounded a bit different, but i don’t know what kind of trickery the broadcast could be pulling

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

Do these cars sound differently at all? Wasn’t that supposed to be a small change?

With that Latifi onboard, I thought the car sounded a bit different, but i don’t know what kind of trickery the broadcast could be pulling

Listening to the Merc onboard, I’d say lower sound with more growl.

zhel
Aug 2, 2010

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

They don’t sound that different on the broadcast but it’s hard to tell without close up audio.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

karun is on the international feed

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Alpine is pretty stupid for actually running with sidepods. Obviously the better strategy is to have no sidepods at all. loving amateurs.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
loving hell that mercedes is really bad

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Merc possibly shedding partsbodywork now

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

These cars are ENTIRELY made of styrofoam

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

Zeta Acosta posted:

loving hell that mercedes is really bad

GOOD!

Harry Lime
Feb 27, 2008

wonder if the teams spent the time since testing to shed weight and things are a bit too fragile now as a result

zhel
Aug 2, 2010

Mokotow posted:

Merc possibly shedding partsbodywork now

Pieces def broke off on the straight. It’s got to be hell to drive bouncing around like that.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

zhel posted:

Pieces def broke off on the straight. It’s got to be hell to drive bouncing around like that.

Mercs season falling apart already. I love it.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

Cimber posted:

Mercs season falling apart already. I love it.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

In helmet cam absolutely whips rear end

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Dictator. posted:

I’ve got the same tv and yea there’s no f1 app, but I’ve got mine hooked straight to my desktop so I’m just using it as a 3rd monitor

I doubt the f1 app is streaming ultra high res anyway, but the colors really pop on this tv so it’s good enough

boxcarhobo fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Mar 18, 2022

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

In Buxton voice: Mercedes in for a bumpy ride this year

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
So guessing Lewis changed to the yellow t bar to complement his new helmet design.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Maybe they won’t have to fake the commentary in DTS next year.