Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
It's normally fine and it was only six games that I played tonight (due to turn lengths), but when my starting hand is like, Ash Blossom, Blackwing, Book of Moon, Forb. Chalice and Blue Cat there's not a lot I can do against Samurai Sunsaga except briefly confuse him by boosting his ATK and preventing one turn of his effects, you know? Or getting shutdown entirely by a surprisingly early Thunder Dragon Colossus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

In any case there was a glorious upside to this - the random replay I watched was someone going up against a copy of Dotodoya's ridiculous "are you feeling lucky" deck that lasted a full 60 turns of stupidity and it was hilarious.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Why are you running Blue Cat, everything you want it to do, Crimson Fox does better. Why are you running Book of Moon. What Blackwing are you running that helps your game plan. :psyduck:

This is not disproving my point about your deck bricking because it's full of gravel.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

girl dick energy posted:

What Blackwing are you running that helps your game plan. :psyduck:

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure Zephyros is still used in Lunalights.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Book of Moon can be a reasonable swap if you don't have UR staples. Although IDK how you brick regularly with Sky Strikers, you have 6 copies of your starter and can also potentially get to it with your field spell or Roze/Hornet Drones.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Book of Moon can be a reasonable swap if you don't have UR staples. Although IDK how you brick regularly with Sky Strikers, you have 6 copies of your starter and can also potentially get to it with your field spell or Roze/Hornet Drones.

Oh gently caress I keep forgetting to correct myself - I didn't play strikers tonight, sorry (head's a bit fogged). I was trying not to just go back to it because even though I like it sometimes it feels bad to play something fairly high up in the meta and I wanted to try other things that looked neat.

Book of Moon and stuff is in that Lunalights deck because..yeah UR poo poo is prohibitively expensive, especially when you're just trying to see how an archetype works and if you'd like it. That one copy of Blue Cat is just in there to be 40 cards.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Vandar posted:

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure Zephyros is still used in Lunalights.
I guess that makes sense.

kirbysuperstar posted:

That one copy of Blue Cat is just in there to be 40 cards.
Can you post your decklist? I'm very, very confused here.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
I have finally made my dumb Synchron deck and it is glorious (except that it is so weak to disruption :negative:)

Still need more URs to be able to craft my final 2 Synchros but it is hilarious as hell. I think my only question is what's a good 8 star generic Synchro I can slot in for when I use my Ascators? Right now I have Stardust in there but uh it isn't really that good.

Decklist if anyone has any other suggestions

Monsters- 26
Jet Synchron x3
Fleur Synchron x2
Dopplwarrior x3
Maxx "C" x3
Caligo Claw Crow x3
Junk Converter x3
Junk Synchron x3
Fire Ant Ascator x1
Ash Blossom x2
Ascator, Dawnwalker x3

Spells- 11
Monster Reborn x1
Raigeki x1
Harpy's Feather Duster x1
Reinforcements of the Army x1
Pot of Avarice x1
Tuning x3
Lightning Storm x1
Called by the Grave x2

Traps- 3
Solemn Judgment x1
Infinite Impermanence x2

Extra-
Formula Synchron (might drop this)
Celestial Double Star Shaman
Martial Metal Marcher
Herald of the Arc Light
T.G. Hyper Librarian
Accel Synchron
Junk Speeder
Brionac
Stardust Charge Warrior
Black Rose Moonlight Dragon
Clear Wing Synchro Dragon (filler)
Stardust Dragon (filler)
Crystal Wing Synchro Dragon
Mist Wurm (filler)
Satellite Warrior

Zore fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Mar 17, 2022

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Learning to play D/D/D because I learned it has ways to stop both Nabiru AND Zeus.

fake edit: Oh god I have to read so many monsters with the same name +adjective.

Edit: Yo this linker is pretty strong.

Myriad Truths
Oct 13, 2012

Zore posted:

I have finally made my dumb Synchron deck and it is glorious (except that it is so weak to disruption :negative:)

Still need more URs to be able to craft my final 2 Synchros but it is hilarious as hell. I think my only question is what's a good 8 star generic Synchro I can slot in for when I use my Ascators? Right now I have Stardust in there but uh it isn't really that good.

Decklist if anyone has any other suggestions

Monsters- 26
Jet Synchron x3
Fleur Synchron x2
Dopplwarrior x3
Maxx "C" x3
Caligo Claw Crow x3
Junk Converter x3
Junk Synchron x3
Fire Ant Ascator x1
Ash Blossom x2
Ascator, Dawnwalker x3

Spells- 11
Monster Reborn x1
Raigeki x1
Harpy's Feather Duster x1
Reinforcements of the Army x1
Pot of Avarice x1
Tuning x3
Lightning Storm x1
Called by the Grave x2

Traps- 3
Solemn Judgment x1
Infinite Impermanence x2

Extra-
Formula Synchron (might drop this)
Celestial Double Star Shaman
Martial Metal Marcher
Herald of the Arc Light
T.G. Hyper Librarian
Accel Synchron
Junk Speeder
Brionac
Stardust Charge Warrior
Black Rose Moonlight Dragon
Clear Wing Synchro Dragon (filler)
Stardust Dragon (filler)
Crystal Wing Synchro Dragon
Mist Wurm (filler)
Satellite Warrior

Usually I would say Chaos Ruler, but I'm also playing Hot Red Dragon Archfiend Abyss in my build so that's a natural combo you might not be as interested in. Psy-Framelord Omega is also recommended, I think.

This is my own Synchron build that I've been happy with. Though I still need Infinite Impermanences; the Chalices are a poor substitute.

Myriad Truths fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Mar 18, 2022

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
https://www.masterduelmeta.com/articles/news/march-2022/nr-festival-banlist

Burn and Self-ftk got absolutely obliterated.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Oh hey those Megalith hits don't hurt at all. You only need more than one Phul if you're going for Block Dragon shenanigans or for insurance in case they get rid of the first, and I only use one Aratron.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
Those are some comfy-rear end hits to Timelords, too, I think I have my pick for who to play. Now to find or figure out a pure Timelord deck, all the recent ones were banking on Mystic Mine...

Genuinely surprised none of the loaners are Gouki, though.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

man that phantasm dragon hit was nothing too, and just after i'd liquified all the cards again to build a different deck! :argh: (I'm not actually upset it let me discover an archetype that seems to have a reputation for sucking real bad so im excited to see whether that holds up or not, testing it in solo was fun so i might convert it into a real deck after this event)

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
Glorious update from test-playing a Timelord deck:

This deck is INFURIATINGLY slow. They limited its fast burn tools, so all that's left is 'gently caress the opponent out of cards and bleed them dry'.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Cleretic posted:

all that's left is 'gently caress the opponent out of cards and bleed them dry'.
If you don't want that, why even play Timelords?

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

girl dick energy posted:

If you don't want that, why even play Timelords?

Oh, to clarify, that is the good part.

The downside is that, with the limits and the bans on higher-rarity cards, the Timelords literally just don't have very many monsters, so you have to figure out what backrow supports Timelords.

Myriad Truths
Oct 13, 2012

Cleretic posted:

Oh, to clarify, that is the good part.

The downside is that, with the limits and the bans on higher-rarity cards, the Timelords literally just don't have very many monsters, so you have to figure out what backrow supports Timelords.

I don't know how reliable this is, but when I was looking at that deck I was considering playing Metal Reflect Slime, to go into Ravenous Tarantula into Seven Deadly Sins as a finisher.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
I am going with the flip facedown route for timelord since they don’t return to deck and become a wall. Currently figuring out how to integrate subterror into the strategy.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Cleretic posted:

so you have to figure out what backrow supports Timelords.
Paleozoics, obviously.

And, speaking of Paleozoics, check out THIS disasterpiece:

Paleozoic Kaiju.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
Paleos are tempting, but Metal Reflect Slime probably fits better, just because they can work together in a general rank 10 side-gig.

A deck I've found and been testing with also packs some Polymerizations and Phantasm Emperor Trilojig, which works better than you expect to turn a hand full of slow and ephemeral Timelords into something active and tangible.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

girl dick energy posted:

Paleozoics, obviously.

And, speaking of Paleozoics, check out THIS disasterpiece:

Paleozoic Kaiju.

Do you have a full deck list or a better resolution pic? I want to try this deck but I can't identify every card.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Neo_Crimson posted:

Do you have a full deck list or a better resolution pic? I want to try this deck but I can't identify every card.
Monsters (14)
3x Gadarla, the Mystery Dust Kaiju
3x Jizukiru, the Star Destroying Kaiju
3x Mithra the Thunder Vassal
1x Planetary Pathfinder
3x Radian, the Multidimensional Kaiju
1x Thunder King, the Lightningstrike Kaiju

Spells (7)
3x Kyoutou Waterfront
1x Owner's Seal
3x The Kaiju Files

Traps (19)
3x Floodgate Trap Hole
2x Kaiju Capture Mission
3x Lost Wind
2x Metal Reflect Slime
3x Paleozoic Canadia
3x Paleozoic Dinomischus
3x Paleozoic Oenoides

Extra Deck (15)
- Xyz (6)
1x Herald of Pure Light
1x Number 35: Ravenous Tarantula
1x Number 45: Crumble Logos the Prophet of Demolition
1x Number 77: The Seven Sins
2x The Phantom Knights of Cursed Javelin
- Link (9)
1x Doublebyte Dragon
1x Geonator Transverser
1x Gravity Controller
2x Imduk the World Chalice Dragon
2x Pentestag
1x Powercode Talker
1x Steel Star Regulator

Wincon is getting one of several ways to have a big Kaiju either beat over stuff for damage (Gadarla halving ATK, Cursed Javelin reducing to zero, Geonator trading, etc.), or using Pentestag + Thunder King to punch through for a ton of piercing damage you really don't deserve. Usually either against monsters you've flipped down with cards like Kaiju Capture Mission and Floodgate Trap Hole, or else by giving your opponent a Thunder Vassal token.)

There's also traditional Owner's Seal shenanigans, of course. Planetary Pathfinder is because Waterfront is the crux of the deck and you never use your normal summon otherwise anyways. Paleozoics are both provide some early game slowdown since the deck is kinda durdly while waiting to get the winning setup, and to provide fuel for XYZ and link plays. (It's no coincidence that both the Paleos and Mithra are level 2, though do note you can't XYZ with Mithra the turn you summon her.) You can also give your opponent a Thunder Vassal token to sac if you want to give your opponent a Kaiju so you can put one down yourself, though I've found that tends to lead to overextending if you do it when you're going first. Better to just set your traps and hunker down, N/R's gonna be real short on OTKs.

Imduk is solely so you can turn a single Paleozoic into an effect monster for link plays, but it's an important part of the extra deck, don't cut them.

Edit: Friendly reminder that Paleozoics used as Xyz materials won't be banished when they go to the GY; you're finally using that stupid "Xyz materials aren't actually leaving the field" rule to your advantage. Be very careful about which Kaiju you give your opponent and how many counters are on the field at the time, all but Radian and Thunder King are quick effects. More than once, I've attacked into a Gadarla I gave my opponent only to be hoist by my own petard when it eats all my counters.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Mar 18, 2022

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
So what's a generally good way to bust through an Onamattopoeia/Utopic board? I feel like if you give that deck a single turn to set up then suddenly you're staring down the barrel of four Xyz monsters that all pack some kind of negate, retargeting, or otherr means to protect each other, and any move I make is the wrong one.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Dark Ruler No More or Forbidden Droplet will give you a chance to pick it apart. Or bring Nibiru and interrupt them mid combo, or something like Sphere Mode or Lava Golem to clear them out after the fact.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Of the commonly seen cards:
Utopic Draco Future, and Ultimate Leo, Pegasus saber, Galaxy photon lord are all monster negates
Of those only UFD and Galaxy photon lord steal/destroy your cards post negate, respectively, so bait accordingly with effects, and once the negates that also remove your monsters are gone start summoning monsters you can be fine with being negated but still need for material.

Hope Harbinger only negates spells and can only redirect attacks to itself, but you want to run over it first because of that atk boosting effect.

Xyz doesnt actually have that many omni-negates, and of those that exist they arent commonly played (unless its cydra infinity in cydra) and they dont also remove (cydra again). So traps work too. Evenly matched is a good pick more often than not.

Psy-frame gear Gamma is another option that isnt OPT so if your opponent negates it with a non-removal negate its still in your hand and you can still activate it again, and now you can link-2 (halq combo lets go)/L8 synchro. Its also SR and semi-limited so you only need 60 SR points.

There really isnt a way to play through several negates without an equalizer card like DRNM or Droplet, if your opponent negates the right cards and you run out of plays before they run out of negates. But like anything else: The answer is to slap it with a turtle. gently caress your negates.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Mar 19, 2022

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Slightly dumb-sounding question: Can you use Onomatopaira to search two copies of Zubababancho Gagagacoat, using one for the Gagaga category and one for the Zubaba category? I'm thinking about how you can't use one Neos and four neo-spacians to summon Divine Neos, because Divine Neos needs the Elemental Hero, Neos and Neo-Spacian requirements to each be fulfilled by different cards.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Phantom Knight's might be more closely related to Raid Raptors than Neo-Spacians are to E-Heroes now?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Hmm, no maxx c in the pauper event. But you know what's a rare?

Worth considering.

Touchdown Boy
Apr 1, 2007

I saw my friend there out on the field today, I asked him where he's going, he said "All the way."
Would it be dumb of me to build a Resonators deck?

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

i built a deck that everyone i saw talking about it said was garbage so go with where your heart leads :v:

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
The most important thing is to have fun. Game is so cracked that you lose a bunch of games by default anyways so might as well win and lose using something you think is cool and good instead of MetaDeckBlaster3.5

Touchdown Boy
Apr 1, 2007

I saw my friend there out on the field today, I asked him where he's going, he said "All the way."

Mix. posted:

i built a deck that everyone i saw talking about it said was garbage so go with where your heart leads :v:

What deck was that just out of interest?

And yeah Ive learned that Youtubers especially tend to oversell a deck for views. Thats not to say they cannot be good, but they are not nearly as good when you are a- not a top player and b- cant play the deck well and dont wanna lose 15 times trying to learn. No shade to youtubers, they have helped me get better from knowing nothing about this game when it came out, but the click bait can be real.

My first deck was Prank Kids though and I have had no regrets. I have almost been tempted to make Live Twins, Resonators, Madolche, Dragonmaids, Lunalights and Ancient Warriors all from hype, but cannot afford everything.... and just to balance it out I did make Virtual World, Shark Kragen and Pacifis from youtube videos as well though, and I have no regrets on those either (I like water decks).

Edit: To follow up on why I asked I guess. Do Resonators get more support or are they as good as they seem to get right now? I think they seem fun, but can also be outed easily from what I seem to be seeing.

Touchdown Boy fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Mar 19, 2022

Touchdown Boy
Apr 1, 2007

Zodack posted:

The most important thing is to have fun. Game is so cracked that you lose a bunch of games by default anyways so might as well win and lose using something you think is cool and good instead of MetaDeckBlaster3.5

This is something I am still getting used to. Sometimes you did nothing wrong, you just got a bad hand or theirs gave them an answer to everything you had at the time (or they play a meta deck and are really well practiced with it).

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

I'm gonna build Mathmechs on both my accounts, I love those guys and also math.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

AweStriker posted:

I love those guys and also math.
3x Linear Equation Cannon or bust.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Touchdown Boy posted:

What deck was that just out of interest?

motherfucking triamid :v:

Triamid is an archetype with like nine cards total that has a pretty unique gameplay loop that cares about a trio of field cards, specifically cycling through them to get repeatable effects when they hit the field/leave the field, and the monsters can play the archetype-specific field spells from the deck during your opponent's turn. 8 out of 9 of those cards are N/R, so assembling a deck for the event was really straightforward.

You have stuff like Hunter, which lets you summon an extra Rock monster each turn (all of them are Rocks), Master which lets you sacrifice a Triamid card to blow a Set card up, and Dancer which lets you shuffle any Triamid card in your GY back into your deck and permanently buffs all rock Monsters you control by 500 ATK/DEF each time you do so. As for the field spells, each one of them has a 'hits the GY' effect in addition to their normal effects: Cruiser gives you 500LP each time a Rock monster is summoned (anyone's) and if you summon a Triamid you can draw 1 then discard 1, and when it hits the GY you can tutor up a Triamid monster from your Deck to your hand; Fortress gives all Rocks 500 DEF and prevents Triamids from being destroyed through card effects, and when it hits the GY you can return a Triamid monster from your GY to your hand; and Kingolem gives all Rocks 500 ATK and says whenever one of your Triamids battles (both attacking and defending!), your opponent can't activate effects til after the Damage Step, and when it hits the GY you can Special Summon a Triamid monster from your hand. There's also two support spells, Loading which lets you tutor up any other Triamid spell/trap whenever you play a Field spell, and if a Rock monster you control is destroyed (battle or card effect) you can Special Summon a different Triamid from your deck to the field to replace it, and Pulse, which lets you banish 2 cards from your graveyard once per turn (any combo of rock monsters or Triamid cards) to either blow up a face-up card, special summon any Rock-type monster from your GY, or shuffle up to three Field spells from the GY back into the deck (and then draw 1).

It's biggest weakness is it's INCREDIBLY weak to any kind of effects that negate field spell effects or prevent them from being destroyed, because the deck NEEDS to be able to cycle through the trio of field spells, but the impression I've gotten is people generally tend to run general removal rather than specifically field-spell-targeting effects so I don't think that's going to be as big of an issue. The archetype also has zero extra deck interaction which means for the event I can basically just run Dogmatika Punishment and a few high-ATK N/Rs I was never going to summon anyway, as well as some generically useful N/R Rock XYZ or Link monsters because Dancer's buff hits all Rock monsters, not Triamid exclusively. :v:

I've tried it out a couple times in Solo and its definitely fun and I don't think it's expected since, well, it's a 9 card archetype, so I've actually built a separate list for once the N/R event ends and I can use higher rarity monsters, like the Triamid boss monster, Sphinx (a UR), which can only be special summoned from a Triamid effect but can special summon itself if another Triamid monster eats it, gains 500 ATK/DEF for each differently named Field Spell in your GY if you have another Triamid card in play, and forces your opponent to attack only it. Also, because Triamid doesn't touch the Extra Deck, I've thrown together a Fossils package since that archetype is almost exclusively Fusion Monsters and it's ALSO nothing but Rock monsters (thus can get hit by the Dancer buffs); the Fusion banishes cards from any GY as materials so it doubles as GY removal, and the Fusion Monsters themselves all have piercing damage and some really strong effects like Skull Knight which can attack again if it destroys a monster in combat or banish itself from the GY to blow something up, or Skullgios, which can swap the ATK/DEF of a monster it attacks and any piercing damage it would inflict is doubled.

Is it meta? absolutely not, but its still fun chucking rocks at people :v:

Touchdown Boy
Apr 1, 2007

That sounds like a lot of fun. I am hoping this event will allow many different decks to succeed. the best part is that everything is super cheap so if you make something that isnt working you can easily make something else

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Triamid Pulse was also a staple of Duel Links rock stun and Magnet decks for a hot minute, IIRC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

i can believe it, all it cares about is Rock monsters and Field spells so it honestly probably could be an off-archetype insert into any deck that cares about either of those enough