Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tmm3k
Jul 19, 2006

Powered Descent posted:

Reminder that there was an honest-to-god TNG crossover with Webster. Yes, really.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nY0RCXyLt0
Not only that, this was the Webster series finale. Basically just a clip show with a loose framing device centered around Webster interacting with Worf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
emmanuel lewis was eighteen at the end of webster and the director apparently had to keep reminding people that he’s not actually a little kid please stop just picking him up and carrying him around

can’t imagine how much that would suck

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

tmm3k posted:

Not only that, this was the Webster series finale. Basically just a clip show with a loose framing device centered around Webster interacting with Worf.

The episode immediately before it was ALSO a clip show

80s sitcoms were a mistake

DJ_Mindboggler
Nov 21, 2013

dr_rat posted:

Although we don't really know how much was being recorded during cochranes time. Like for Edison and Musk there's plenty or records for much of there lives, but for Cochrane for all we know the records were basically, there was this guy cochrane he did some stuff early on in life we don't really know, then like out of nowhere he built this warp drive, that was cool of him huh.

I mean if you look at Jesus as written about in the new testament, it's like bunch of stuff about him being born. ???? Okay so now he's in his early 30's and there's these fishermen right....

The fact cochrane who was a drunk could of pretty much just not been record as records at the time were spotty at best and he didn't do anything of note. I'm assuming he become a bit less of a drunk gently caress after the ward drive test.

Fun fact: there used to be a bunch of non-canonical gospels about Jesus' childhood and upbringing, none of them making the final cut of the bible. The most famous being the Infancy Gospel of Thomas, which includes such episodes as kid Jesus breathing life into clay birds and killing/blinding several people (he later heals them).

Prurient Squid
Jul 21, 2008

Tiddy cat Buddha improving your day.
The Gospels are best read in the original Klingon.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The klingon version of the Harrowing of Hell would probably be more like DOOM.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Quick and easy guide on speaking Cardassian

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

”The longer you’re inside her the stronger she becomes.” - Admiral Jean Luc Picard

edit: finish your homework or no Rick & Morty

finish your homework or no Rick & Morty finish your homework or no Rick & Morty finish your homework or no Rick & Morty finish your homework or no Rick & Morty finish your homework or no Rick & Morty finish your homework or no Rick & Morty

Endless Trash fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Mar 17, 2022

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I honestly forgot Birthright was TNG because Worf whips rear end in it, and he generally doesn't get to do that in TNG

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
Isn't that the one where he's about to hook up with the Klingon lady but then he sees that she is part Romulan and he gets super racist about it

E: Endless Trash are you feeling ok there bud

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Tighclops posted:

Isn't that the one where he's about to hook up with the Klingon lady but then he sees that she is part Romulan and he gets super racist about it

This exact scene popped up right as I read your post lmao

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
Lol my mind to your mind

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Endless Trash posted:

edit: finish your homework or no Rick & Morty

finish your homework or no Rick & Morty finish your homework or no Rick & Morty finish your homework or no Rick & Morty finish your homework or no Rick & Morty finish your homework or no Rick & Morty finish your homework or no Rick & Morty

Yeah that was a moment

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Rick and Morty being canon means Dan Harmon is canon which means Community is canon. I’m satisfied.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

HD DAD posted:

Rick and Morty being canon means Dan Harmon is canon which means Community is canon. I’m satisfied.

If that's true then that means Geordi might be the same alien race as guinan.

Prurient Squid
Jul 21, 2008

Is that the one where Worf teaches the Klingon kids how to REALLY throw the thing through the hoop? Yeah, I would have thought that was DS9 but no it's TNG.

e: Didn't someone a few pages back describe Worf messing up Risa as being like the Canadian truckers. Because I just found out what that's all about and lol.

Prurient Squid fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Mar 18, 2022

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Yeah that was me. gently caress the truckers and gently caress the dweebs on Risa.

Also here's TNG with regional accents.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlvshxwoA58

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry
I guess I should be glad that new trek is ripping off Star Trek 4 instead of Star Trek 2 for a change.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Watching this Voyager where the ensign gets the ponn farr and gives it to B'Elanna.

Seems logical to me that the Vulcans should have very very thorough sex ed rather avoidance and shame, especially with such wild side effects lurking in the wings.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Vulcans are dumb as poo poo

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the logic stuff is the only way vulcans found to stop being constantly hootin' hollerin' fightin' fuckin' idiot yokels.

CaptainSkinny
Apr 22, 2011

You get it?
No.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Okay Discovery is done and I’m sorry to say they fell back on one of my least favorite sci-fi tropes: super advanced species that is somehow unaware of the sapience and cognition of merely advanced species.

that doesn’t work! That makes the super advanced species dumber than the advanced species. How did 10-C not realize the warp capable creatures littering all the planets were just as alive as they were?

And even allowing for that, midway through the season Tarka and Book successfully deactivate the DMA. It only works for a moment but that should have obviously been a sign to 10-C that there’s someone smart nearby.

If a chimpanzee could successfully infiltrate a nuclear power plant and then carefully shut down the reactor without causing a meltdown, we MIGHT just concede that they’re a lot smarter than we thought and stop dumping waste in their forest.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Danaru posted:

Imagine if Deep Space Nine had a Vulcan restaurant next to the Klingon restaurant and the last two seasons were about that instead of the Dominion War

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Danaru posted:

oh whups got my head stuck in a rice picker

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Imagine if Deep Space Nine had a Vulcan restaurant next to the Klingon restaurant and the last two seasons were about that instead of the Dominion War

2-for-1 plomeek soup, my prices are so low they're highly illogical

edit: logic dictates that you'd get a more efficient deal by supersizing your meal

edit 2: eat well and prosper

blatman fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Mar 18, 2022

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Remember that time Quark argued basic logic with a Vulcan and won

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Maybe like, not all Vulcans get to go to the good Vulcan academy and a lot of them go to Vulcan Prager U which parrots the vocabulary of logical thought while actually just being a lesson in ex post facto rationalization.

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

The logic thing is just a con on the rest on the galaxy, as they're mostly not very good at it . Also, its obvious that Vulcans show emotion all the time, they're either:

1) super pissed off
2) extremely horny

Tunicate
May 15, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Endless Trash posted:

Okay Discovery is done and I’m sorry to say they fell back on one of my least favorite sci-fi tropes: super advanced species that is somehow unaware of the sapience and cognition of merely advanced species.

that doesn’t work! That makes the super advanced species dumber than the advanced species. How did 10-C not realize the warp capable creatures littering all the planets were just as alive as they were?

And even allowing for that, midway through the season Tarka and Book successfully deactivate the DMA. It only works for a moment but that should have obviously been a sign to 10-C that there’s someone smart nearby.

If a chimpanzee could successfully infiltrate a nuclear power plant and then carefully shut down the reactor without causing a meltdown, we MIGHT just concede that they’re a lot smarter than we thought and stop dumping waste in their forest.

it's not that they don't know, it's that they're racist

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Olewithmilk posted:

The logic thing is just a con on the rest on the galaxy, as they're mostly not very good at it . Also, its obvious that Vulcans show emotion all the time, they're either:

1) super pissed off
2) extremely horny

"Disciplined and logical" to a Vulcan is comparing themselves to the psychotic, homicidal rapist all Vulcans are at their core. If he's not leading a band of warriors across the desert to wipe out another tribe, it's considered restraint.

Prurient Squid
Jul 21, 2008

Remember that time Tuvok murdered Neelix lol.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Lol yeah that was good

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
Remember that time both Tuvok and Neelix got murdered simultaneously?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I liked the episode where Neelix got mugged and his lungs were stolen

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Finished off Deep Space Nine and now I'm back to watching Star Trek TNG , starting with the first episode I think I'mma try and go through the whole series.

drat its going to suck when Netflix loses Star Trek TNG and DS9

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I think a Trek anthology show would work. Maybe not every episode necessarily but short arcs and spot single eps that take place in any era and whatnot. Including fun stuff like you describe

Though there is already a lot of Trek on air. 2 animated, 2 TV, 1 new one coming out, and rumblings of a new movie.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Gatts posted:

I think a Trek anthology show would work. Maybe not every episode necessarily but short arcs and spot single eps that take place in any era and whatnot. Including fun stuff like you describe

Though there is already a lot of Trek on air. 2 animated, 2 TV, 1 new one coming out, and rumblings of a new movie.

IIRC Discovery was originally pitched as an anthology

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Applewhite posted:

Maybe like, not all Vulcans get to go to the good Vulcan academy and a lot of them go to Vulcan Prager U which parrots the vocabulary of logical thought while actually just being a lesson in ex post facto rationalization.

It's more that logic can be used to come to any conclusion you want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Star Trek