Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
Walmart have a habit of putting late ship dates on these consoles then they turn up in a week or less btw. (watch this be the time they don't).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

John F Bennett posted:

I have game pass, I don't know why I keep buying games on sale that I'm not even going to play right away because I'm playing something on game pass.

Game Pass rules but honestly I still buy so many games that aren’t on the service there isn’t enough time in life to play them.

It probably works best if you sign up and just delete all payment methods from your account and never check the store.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I used to think Game Pass was the best value in all of gaming but then Elden Ring came out and I'll never need to play another video game again.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

American McGay posted:

I used to think Game Pass was the best value in all of gaming but then Elden Ring came out and I'll never need to play another video game again.

it’s okay. The only real good thing about it is the double jump horse, everything else is more of the same.

Which isn’t inherently a bad thing, I just prefer the curated AAA path of H:FW more.

Jables88
Jul 26, 2010
Tortured By Flan
Feel vindicated in holding fire on Elden Ring since apparently they've just done a big QoL patch that also fixes a load of broken quests. I will play this game when it is shiny and polished and continue on Game Pass till then.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Jables88 posted:

Feel vindicated in holding fire on Elden Ring since apparently they've just done a big QoL patch that also fixes a load of broken quests. I will play this game when it is shiny and polished and continue on Game Pass till then.

even if elden ring was running at 15fps powered by solar panels and potato batteries it would prolly still be the best game ever released

Flyndre
Sep 6, 2009
I tried Elden ring last night, and I died so many times. Anyway

Also I got myself 2 years of game pass for 80 bucks using the trick mentioned in this thread, thanks!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Is Tunic meant to be hard? I'm barely out of the first few screens and these big blobs are already destroying me.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

The stick you get at the start is a clumsy and bad weapon, I'd recommend running past enemies if possible until you get something better.

Jables88
Jul 26, 2010
Tortured By Flan

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

even if elden ring was running at 15fps powered by solar panels and potato batteries it would prolly still be the best game ever released

yes I know shut up I'm poor

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

buy it cheap with a vpn

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Looks like Fable is going to have some strong competition!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFTK6ZKva6o

This looks very good. The trailer is done on a PS but the game will come out on Xbox too.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Fly Ricky posted:

Game Pass rules but honestly I still buy so many games that aren’t on the service there isn’t enough time in life to play them.

It probably works best if you sign up and just delete all payment methods from your account and never check the store.

I have to use the US store to use gamepass, and my card doesn’t work on it so I’m just never gonna buy anything on it. I have a bit of money left over from a points card in case I want dlc for a gamepass game but that hasn’t happened yet

American McGay posted:

Yeah honestly I forgot $60 games could be this good it feels like it just never happens

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
Tunic is so loving good. And funnily enough, if I hadn't been playing Elden Ring beforehand I think I'd be having a much harder time with the combat.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
I have two (hopefully) quick questions

1. I understand the limitations in sharing Gamepass on multiple Xboxes and for a family with multiple users and Xboxes it's basically easier and less headache just to do the trick and get each console it's own Game pass. Does the same apply for digital downloads? I have Elden Ring purchased on my account, can the other people in my family (set up as such) play ER on their accounts on their respective Xboxes? Or is this another situation where they'd need to pick up their own digital copy of ER?

2. Is there no way to do remote play to the Series X from macOS? I'm using my iPad and it is really working surprisingly great. Would be great if I could do it on my Macbook Pro (M1) on my monitor and Ethernet connection while busy in dumb meetings.

Thanks!

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

exquisite tea posted:

Is Tunic meant to be hard? I'm barely out of the first few screens and these big blobs are already destroying me.

it seems so. I died quite a few times before I gave up in guardhouse 1.note I wasnt rage quitting but had to make the kids dinner and stuff.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Pointing out that you weren't rage quitting 100% means you were rage quitting

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

TraderStav posted:

1. I understand the limitations in sharing Gamepass on multiple Xboxes and for a family with multiple users and Xboxes it's basically easier and less headache just to do the trick and get each console it's own Game pass. Does the same apply for digital downloads? I have Elden Ring purchased on my account, can the other people in my family (set up as such) play ER on their accounts on their respective Xboxes? Or is this another situation where they'd need to pick up their own digital copy of ER?

You might want to tell us exactly how many consoles we're talking about, so instructions can be more specific. Still, generally I'd say it's enough to get 1 Game Pass or digital game licence per every 2 consoles if you're smart about sharing.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

elf help book posted:

Pointing out that you weren't rage quitting 100% means you were rage quitting

har har. I started to get the combat a little bit, and recognizing the pattern of attack. Sword vs stick and no shield is hardly a fair fight, but I managed to beat one of the guard guys without taking a hit once.
The game is really pretty though. I just need something more powerful than a stick and I don't want to look up how to do everything yet.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Zat posted:

You might want to tell us exactly how many consoles we're talking about, so instructions can be more specific. Still, generally I'd say it's enough to get 1 Game Pass or digital game licence per every 2 consoles if you're smart about sharing.

Sure, sorry I didn't include up front. I spoiled the poo poo out of my kids this past pandemic and in the house we have 2 Series X, 1 Series S, and 1 Xbox One. Each child (and myself that owns one of the Xs) has their account on their own console, but could just as easily be logged into any if needed.

For the sake of simplicity, let's just address the idea of sharing between myself and one of my children and their device rather than a master strategy to triple/quadruple dip on a digital game license. I'm not sure there's a scenario where all of my children will have an interest in playing the game anyway and they can probably share the single console it's compatible with.

Appreciate the help!

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
If microsoft adds a family account for xbox game pass that would be fantastic, similar to their live365 one (which is a hell of a bargain)

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

TraderStav posted:

Sure, sorry I didn't include up front. I spoiled the poo poo out of my kids this past pandemic and in the house we have 2 Series X, 1 Series S, and 1 Xbox One. Each child (and myself that owns one of the Xs) has their account on their own console, but could just as easily be logged into any if needed.

For the sake of simplicity, let's just address the idea of sharing between myself and one of my children and their device rather than a master strategy to triple/quadruple dip on a digital game license. I'm not sure there's a scenario where all of my children will have an interest in playing the game anyway and they can probably share the single console it's compatible with.

Appreciate the help!

Well, basically let's say your own account has Game Pass and Elden Ring. Go to one of the other consoles (not your own one) and set that as your account's Home Xbox. By doing that, any account can log in to that other console and use your licences including Game Pass or your digitally owned games, but also you can still use them on your own console as long as it's you that's logged in.

And then if you like, you can do the same procedure with the other two consoles. I.e. you could subscribe the main user of console 3 to Game Pass and then set console 4 as the Home Xbox of that account. Then console 4 is also available as a Game Pass console for any account while console 3 is a Game Pass console for its main user only.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Zat posted:

Well, basically let's say your own account has Game Pass and Elden Ring. Go to one of the other consoles (not your own one) and set that as your account's Home Xbox. By doing that, any account can log in to that other console and use your licences including Game Pass or your digitally owned games, but also you can still use them on your own console as long as it's you that's logged in.

And then if you like, you can do the same procedure with the other two consoles. I.e. you could subscribe the main user of console 3 to Game Pass and then set console 4 as the Home Xbox of that account. Then console 4 is also available as a Game Pass console for any account while console 3 is a Game Pass console for its main user only.

Ok, that's interesting. I tried solving this when I first was setting up GP on these consoles (and just ended up buying it as I got frustrated) and I either wasn't doing it correctly or there was another setting that I wasn't taking into consideration regarding logging in. Everytime I logged into Console2 and set it as my Home, it seemed to break the experience for the primary user on Console 2 and I got logged out of Console 1.

I'll fiddle around with it a bit and see if the process I was doing wasn't what you described. Thanks!

For my other question:
Googling around it seems like there just currently isn't a solution do Xbox remote play (not cloud) on macOS. That stinks if true.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

TraderStav posted:

For my other question:
Googling around it seems like there just currently isn't a solution do Xbox remote play (not cloud) on macOS. That stinks if true.

Comedy option: run windows in a VM (parallels etc) and install the xbox app, run it there and fullscreen it

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

priznat posted:

Comedy option: run windows in a VM (parallels etc) and install the xbox app, run it there and fullscreen it

You laugh, but that's not a bad idea. I just didn't think you could run windows on M1 due to not having an ARM version that wasn't poo poo. I would totally do it as I have a 49" UW that could easily satisfy 1/2 use for this.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I wish you could remote play Xbox on a switch, how freaking cool would that be.

I understand you can maybe hack a switch to put android on it and do it that way but...I ain't that big a nerd.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

TraderStav posted:

You laugh, but that's not a bad idea. I just didn't think you could run windows on M1 due to not having an ARM version that wasn't poo poo. I would totally do it as I have a 49" UW that could easily satisfy 1/2 use for this.

Yeah as long as the controller passthru works it should be great because the processing happens on the xbox itself.

Forgot about the M1 limitation tho

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Haven't turned this thing on in a month because of Horizelden reasons. Anything new and exciting on gamepass for when I come crawling back?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Guardians of the Galaxy, Paradise Killer, and I guess people are enjoying Tunic?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Escobarbarian posted:

Guardians of the Galaxy, Paradise Killer, and I guess people are enjoying Tunic?

I saw the trailer for Paradise Killer and it looks pretty awesome, although I don't know anything about it.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Lord Bob posted:

Ah, I did meet spooky skeleton in the windmill and bought an extra heart flask off him - at the time he only had those little firecracker ones, does he also start offering the fancier stuff like the berries and ice bombs and stuff?

The manual page for the thing in my spoiler is actually not far from that, though you have to take a long way around to get to it - it involves (not a full spoiler) the items that seem to have no function that appear along the bottom right of the inventory. - you have to take them to (full process spoiler) one of the bonfire fox statues and while standing in front of it open the inventory - it'll then let you scroll over to those items and pay a fee to consume the item and get a permanent stat upgrade

Hello! Last night I found another similar vendor who did sell better bombs as well as other materials, located to the west. he may have a similar clue on the map, I just stumbled upon him doing my "walk around all the corners everywhere" routine.

I also found a (cute spoilers): dress up room where you can change your foxes color / outfit colors. persists outside the room, too. I should've taken a screenshot. :3:

General tunic advice - there are an absolutely stupid amount of secret rooms all over the place. Comb the corners of basically everywhere and always be changing perspective slightly to see what might be open to you.

I should be taking on the boss for the western bell tonight.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Yeah the headphones will work. The only thing I can think of is that the controllers still use batteries but you can buy rechargable packs if you want.

Edit: accidently responded to an old post so for content, I can't believe Guardians of the Galaxy is so good. Well I can believe that a game is good but it's hard to believe after whiffing so bad on Avengers.

RenegadeStyle1 fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Mar 18, 2022

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

1glitch0 posted:

I saw the trailer for Paradise Killer and it looks pretty awesome, although I don't know anything about it.

Paradise Killer is extremely stylish and extremely weird and definitely worth trying out. It's a murder mystery first-person open world game with too many bizarre elements to list. You'll either be very into it or bounce off it pretty hard.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Paradise Killer is more a walksim than a VN, most of the interesting stuff (because the murder mystery is intensely easy) is in worlrbuilding and it ends up being a shame because you wish they had just made a full VN with that cool setting instead.

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo

styls trill epic posted:

Ok OPs I have loaded up my xbox but the problem is I dont think I actually got the three month game pass that I was supposed to come with? they said it would be loaded on but its not?

Coming back to this. I can't find it. My 1$ thing expired today and i can't find the three months that supposedly came with my bundle

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo

Zerot posted:

If you go into Games and Apps, and to the bottom around where you can go to check for updates, there should be an option called something like "Included with this Xbox" that will let you claim it.

You may need to reboot for this to show up. My All Access console took a day for it to show up for whatever reason. I assumed it was launch day jitters.

EDIT: you can also find this in the Settings app, in the account section, I think.

Im having no luck with this OP

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo
Thinking the haters may have absconded with my bundle

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Tunic is pretty wild. I got hooked immediately and have binged it pretty hard, so I think I'm near the end? But it's kept me guessing a ton and thrown some huge curveballs both in the presentation and the mechanics and stuff. It gets surprisingly hard at some points, and you definitely will want to get comfortable using/abusing all the items and skills you get.

I liked Death's Door but found it disappointing in a lot of ways (I found a lot of the writing particularly lame and thought it ruined a lot of the atmosphere by the end), and Tunic is turning out to be basically exactly what I hoped that game would be. Highly recommend going in as blind as possible; there were a couple moments where I found myself super stumped, but finding the cryptic manual pages and piecing together the setting and clues is working in some extremely cool ways. There was only one moment where I looked something up because a particular event trigger was just kinda fiddly, but otherwise it's been super rewarding to figure out what the hell is going on. If it keeps up the quality all the way to the end then I'm definitely understanding the rave reviews.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

How do I install GTa5 for series X?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
got tricked by you turds into downloading guardians of the galaxy. pure aids