Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

started a new character to do some co-op and invasions with and i beleive bloodhound's fang might be the new drake sword...

nah, moonveil

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

Your guard has just been broken no matter what shield you're behind!

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

you have to actually kill a boss to get moonveil

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

scary ghost dog posted:

you got a point

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I thought you need to kill Darriwil to get the fang. Well whatever. The patch looked really epic but Gostoc Nepheli and Diallos still haven’t moved a muscle in my game and Kenneth is still MIA.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I should go back and check on Ken. He said he was gonna make me a knight of Limgrave and then when I showed up he was like "oh yeah, I'm not allowed to actually do that"

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

net cafe scandal posted:

I thought you need to kill Darriwil to get the fang. Well whatever. The patch looked really epic but Gostoc Nepheli and Diallos still haven’t moved a muscle in my game and Kenneth is still MIA.

You do but Blaidd can basically solo him for you

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

net cafe scandal posted:

I thought you need to kill Darriwil to get the fang.

you can get blaidd to help you kill darriwil which makes it a lot easy

moonveil requires a lot more effort to get early in the game

scary ghost dog posted:

this basically

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Harrow posted:

You do but Blaidd can basically solo him for you

drat I didn’t know that. Darriwils body was long cold by the time I found Blaidd

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Also Moonveil's not overwhelmingly better than a regular Uchigatana anymore. After the nerf Transient Moonlight's stagger damage is equal to Unsheathe and it only staggers in melee range so you can't stagger with the moon laser anymore. It's still really good but it's not categorically better than Unsheathe anymore. Unsheathe also does more damage (though I think it always did?)

Another difference between Bloodhound's Fang and the Drake Sword is that Bloodhound's Fang never stops being awesome

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Harrow posted:

Also Moonveil's not overwhelmingly better than a regular Uchigatana anymore. After the nerf Transient Moonlight's stagger damage is equal to Unsheathe and it only staggers in melee range so you can't stagger with the moon laser anymore. It's still really good but it's not categorically better than Unsheathe anymore. Unsheathe also does more damage (though I think it always did?)

Another difference between Bloodhound's Fang and the Drake Sword is that Bloodhound's Fang never stops being awesome

Agreed, I love The Bad Touch

EDIT: Misread your post, disregard.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lmao

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lol

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
started a new game to try out broken magic and bleed poo poo and just rushed for moonveil at level 20 :hai:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

volcano manor boss: coolest execution of the StormBlade Boss yet. that phase 2 cutscene is incredible.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

scary ghost dog posted:

after that? maidenless

drat

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Don’t talk to me or my son ever again

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I think I'm going to start a new file again. I always do this with games with different builds but I used to have time for it, lol. tried str/dex first and then i tried an int/dex build before I knew what I was doing, but I find myself pinging things once with spells to get them to chase me and then going to melee, which isn't what seems to be the plan for int builds. it feels like I'm cheating my way out of some of the stealth and making combat harder. might do str/fth next.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/Pizza_Suplex/status/1504921720221745153?t=lL1n0R9LrOLwyvAKPxpQYQ&s=19

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
str/fth fuckin rules

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

lol

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
i'm gonna powerstance halberds

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Bicyclops posted:

I think I'm going to start a new file again. I always do this with games with different builds but I used to have time for it, lol. tried str/dex first and then i tried an int/dex build before I knew what I was doing, but I find myself pinging things once with spells to get them to chase me and then going to melee, which isn't what seems to be the plan for int builds. it feels like I'm cheating my way out of some of the stealth and making combat harder. might do str/fth next.

you can respec once you’re like 30% into the game…

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Spanish Manlove posted:

i'm gonna powerstance halberds

golden halberd loving rules

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

buffalo all day posted:

golden halberd loving rules

hell yeah. gonna be that one and the black gargoyle halberd

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

buffalo all day posted:

you can respec once you’re like 30% into the game…
Yeah I've got like 12 tokens too so it seems like they are encouraging you to constantly try new poo poo.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

American McGay posted:

Yeah I've got like 12 tokens too so it seems like they are encouraging you to constantly try new poo poo.

actually those are so you can switch the same three points back and forth between mind and endurance 12 times

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lmfao

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

https://twitter.com/IronPineapple_/status/1504890624507621377?s=20&t=YLS2LPZrv_5rBfyYExBDWw

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Wishing respecs were unlimited now that I'm down to 3 tears lol. Keep having new ideas

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.
https://clips.twitch.tv/FrigidDistinctWebStoneLightning-LUNSsO1KwoctcPsA

LMAO sick

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

hit 50str. 50 faith here we come.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

we will never discover all the secrets hidden within elden ring

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

Lmfao

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
Colossal swords on Torrent are so good.

R2 sparks on the ground as you charge enemies and send ‘em flying like bowling pins.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

If you don't like elden ring, you actually are a fake gamer.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Spanish Manlove posted:

str/fth fuckin rules

Faith scaling weapons generally are awesome, blasphemous blade and the final boss soul sword are so good

I need to try some of the int ones besides moonveil though, like wing of astel, maybe the rotten crystal sword if inflicting rot is good in pve

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
Rot is amazing against a lot of bosses.