Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Why do you read this thread anyway?
This poll is closed.
I enjoy reading contemporary newspaper comics. 64 26.02%
I hate reading contemporary newspaper comics. 42 17.07%
I enjoy reading historical newspaper comics. 88 35.77%
I enjoy reading newspaper comics from foreign countries. 52 21.14%
Total: 246 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Cheer Up Boss Dharma

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Calaveron posted:

So he took the Oscar huh? Not even a gracious rejection, no actress it's silly, you keep the epitome achievement people in your craft spend their entire lives striving for, you deserve it for being the only good thing in my pigshit generic white lady gets diseased and deceased slop work. He straight up takes her award and will put it on a random rear end shelf next to some other random garbage

I was interested to learn (through Son of Stuck Funky) that you can't give away or sell an Oscar -- the agreement you sign when you get one gives the Academy the right to buy it back from you for one dollar before you try to pass it to anyone else.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

riderchop posted:

On The Fastrack

This is, unsurprisingly, entirely wrong. The most important factor in company security is the principle of least privilege. An employee should only have access to the data and systems they need to be able to access in order to do their job. The IT guy probably doesn't need access to customer data, and if I recall correctly Dethany doesn't even work there any more so she only needs access to the exit.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Yvonmukluk posted:

Bad Machinery

Granpa Joe is probably my favourite character in Bad Machinery :allears:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Selachian posted:

I was interested to learn (through Son of Stuck Funky) that you can't give away or sell an Oscar -- the agreement you sign when you get one gives the Academy the right to buy it back from you for one dollar before you try to pass it to anyone else.

The language is confusing and all the details I could dig up are about selling it, but I think you can give it to a friend or something but if that friend sells it the Oscar committee's still coming for their rear end. Depends what the legal definition of "dispose of" is.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

Safety Dance posted:

This is, unsurprisingly, entirely wrong. The most important factor in company security is the principle of least privilege. An employee should only have access to the data and systems they need to be able to access in order to do their job. The IT guy probably doesn't need access to customer data, and if I recall correctly Dethany doesn't even work there any more so she only needs access to the exit.

No she works there still but she also has a side hustle that her boss makes her do because ????

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Good Listener posted:

No she works there still but she also has a side hustle that her boss makes her do because ????

She started the side hustle and her boss sabotages the reputation of that company so that she can keep a monopoly on its services

her boss deserves to be thrown out a window

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Selachian posted:

Brenda Starr 5/16/48

Is there something unusual about pig farms? :confused:

Resident Idiot
May 11, 2007

Maxine13
Grimey Drawer
Her boss started the side hustle for her and then sabotaged it so she would have exclusive use of their services, which is completely different to what was happening with her as an employee because reasons.

(I guess something like this would actually work as a tax hustle, assuming you were never audited).

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Tiggum posted:

Is there something unusual about pig farms? :confused:

The odor emanating from a pig farm on even a mild day could knock a buzzard off a shitwagon.

I think Hy is modelled on a young Don Knotts.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.
In today's Blueberry: The gang gets ready to go, or Lopez knows how to make an entrance, or How will our heroes get out of this situation?!

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From the Tinkersons

Macanudo

Dark Side of the Horse

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
Uramachi Sakaba

Night Visitors

The sinister shadow outside the window is, indeed, Sazae-san.

Monya the Grey

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Monya's so good

Garfield

Heathcliff

Overboard

Monty

For Better or For Worse

Compu-toon

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

Rae The Doe, which you can support by pledging to the author's Patreon

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Strontium posted:

Ewww

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Big Nate Year 1 (Jan 21-22, 1991)

Old School Peanuts (Jun 5, 1953)

Calvin and Hobbes (Nov 5-6, 1990)

Blind Alley

Support Adam's Patreon here.

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

DC Money posted:

I must have had a Guindon book when i was a youngster - i remember all of these - thanks for posting them, i'd forgotten how good they are, nice without being sickly sweet like some comics i know (yes Rose is Rose i'm talking to you).
And yes i'm way behind in reading the thread - it'll probably be a week before i come across my own comment, hello future me, this is from your past you.

I posted a bunch of Guindon in an earlier thread, so you may have seen them there. On that note, I think I'm starting to get into repeats with some of these, so let me know if they start getting repetitive. I do have something else waiting in the wings when I run out of these.

Same for J. Wesley Smith

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

Hoping to see more Skull Valley; this is some Fletcher Hanks-tier work.

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Nancy 1947

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Breaking Cat News

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Wallace the Brave

Curtis whoa what the gently caress

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Vargo posted:

Curtis whoa what the gently caress

I am shocked, shocked, that Curtis managed to make it all the way to a natural end of a storyline.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Jucika "100 - Jucika Is Sunbathing" NSFW Nudity

"101 - Jucika Obeys"

"Fog! Slippy Road! Watch Out! Body In Risk!"

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

That's the funniest Curtis in some time

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Strontium posted:

Tinkersons has been good for a long while but this one is just terrible. Or maybe this is just the author's way of showing that Tillman is an unhinged psychopath.

OTHER PET NAMES EXIST YOU loving HACK LEARN THEM

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Twelve by Pies posted:

Tinkersons has been good for a long while but this one is just terrible. Or maybe this is just the author's way of showing that Tillman is an unhinged psychopath.

Is this just standard performative goon food snobbery or am I missing something here

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Just poor luck with the lead times and no editorial intervention.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

The Bloop posted:

Is this just standard performative goon food snobbery or am I missing something here

The former in my case. :v: Burger King sucks rear end. Though I think McDonalds is actually pretty good so I'm sure people will disagree with that.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
lol is this about the franchises in Russia refusing to shut down? Because the BK corporate office in America can’t actually do anything about it

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Giant Ethicist posted:

Uramachi Sakaba

Night Visitors

The sinister shadow outside the window is, indeed, Sazae-san.

Monya the Grey

These are all so great! Really glad that Treasure Hunter guy is sticking around the bar a bit more. Monya's adorable.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

no fast food company is good

no food company is good

no company is good

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
Vintage Valiant (Apr. 30, 1950)

Someone had posted the linework for this strip a while back. I'm afraid I don't remember who it was, sorry!

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

oh god Arf stop helping

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Raskolnikov38 posted:

lol is this about the franchises in Russia refusing to shut down? Because the BK corporate office in America can’t actually do anything about it

No.
The kid won't get up for anything but fast food.

e;

Hwurmp posted:

no fast food company is good

no food company is good

no company is good

But only Burger King is the home of the one and only Whopper.

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Mar 19, 2022

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

What the hell is going on in Rae the Doe? I don't imagine this is being well received in actual newspapers

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

MariusLecter posted:

No.
The kid won't get up for anything but fast food.

i think that poster was referring to people's reactions, not the comic itself

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Get Fuzzy 3/18/02

Stephen Collins

Brenda Starr 5/17-19/48

Smokey Stover 10/27/46

Everyday Movies 12/14/34

"No chance of getting a seat inside the library, Duke -- too many students today."

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

coronatae posted:

What the hell is going on in Rae the Doe? I don't imagine this is being well received in actual newspapers

I have to admit I stopped caring a while ago and just skip the strips that look like a wall of text because it's always so self indulgent and unfunny, and sadly now that's most of them

I really liked it at first, like with nuNancy. Just proves how hard it is to keep a good thing going.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Docks

Retail

Popcom (double Dick edition)

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

coronatae posted:

It started out as the characters from the strip doing a straight re-enactment of Little Women, and turned into Jojo stuff. Personally I like Rae the Doe better when it's making ridiculous puns, rather than this, so I've just been skipping it for the most part.

That said who cares what people who read actual newspapers think, they're the people who loved Gilchrist Nancy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!
And He … Jesus! March 28, 1919

Outbursts of Everett True March 31, 1919

Cat Tales March 9, 1925

Oaky Doaks September 12, 1936

Mopsy Kills Again November 20, 1937

Up Front February 13, 1945