Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Oh poo poo, is that why media companies in general are always disappointing us to some extent with some franchises? We ask for cool things by name so they have to do something not as good on purpose?

That really sucks, if so, and also wouldn't surprise me.

I think it kind of depends on the situation. If you Tweeted "Maybe Peacemaker can show up on Harley Quinn?" to Kaley Cuoco and Justin Halpern that'd probably be fine. If you sent them your 400 page fanfic screenplay about Peacemaker on Harley Quinn (and they provably read it), that would probably screw with them doing anything that resembled anything in that screenplay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Everyone posted:

I think it kind of depends on the situation. If you Tweeted "Maybe Peacemaker can show up on Harley Quinn?" to Kaley Cuoco and Justin Halpern that'd probably be fine. If you sent them your 400 page fanfic screenplay about Peacemaker on Harley Quinn (and they provably read it), that would probably screw with them doing anything that resembled anything in that screenplay.

The only known case of this allegedly happening involved Marion Zimmer Bradley's Darkover series. As it turns out, she lied about it loudly to all her author friends, and was also an incredibly evil person for unrelated reasons.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Everyone posted:

Yeah, studios are supposed to throw out, sight unseen, any unsolicited scripts or pitches specifically to shield them from getting sued.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Tunicate posted:

The only known case of this allegedly happening involved Marion Zimmer Bradley's Darkover series. As it turns out, she lied about it loudly to all her author friends, and was also an incredibly evil person for unrelated reasons.

Lying about fanfic seems fairly evil IMO, but presumably she and her husband abused kids in their care or something, right? I never read any of Darkover and after this do not plan to.

That said, after a trip to Wikipedia, the daughter that accused Bradley apparently believes that homosexuality leads to pedophilia so... yeesh.

Everyone fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Mar 18, 2022

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care

Everyone posted:

I think it'd be cool if Margot Robbie showed up as Harley Quinn in Peacemaker but the real prize for me would be Lake Bell showing up on the show as live-action Poison Ivy.

Yeah but then Kaley Cuoco would have to show up as Harley instead of Margot

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Senator Drinksalot posted:

You say that as if it were somehow a bad thing.

BooDooBoo
Jul 14, 2005

That makes no sense to me at all.

https://fi.somethingawful.com/images/gangtags/severancemdr.gif

They did that in one of the comics a few years ago. (2 Harley's, not Margot and Kaley).

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Everyone posted:

You say that as if it were somehow a bad thing.

And now you've lost me.

Nothing against Cuoco. But if James Gunn is directing Harley, it should be Robbie.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

thrawn527 posted:

And now you've lost me.

Nothing against Cuoco. But if James Gunn is directing Harley, it should be Robbie.

Oh, I agree with that. Though if Margot can't/won't do it, I think Cuoco would be okay.

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Stallone or Ron Funches as King Shark?

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

I didn't realize Kaley was funny because she spent a decade on that terrible sitcom

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Stallone or Ron Funches as King Shark?

Would be some tonal whiplash going between TSS's big dum "be... friend?" Shark vs Harley's regular intelligence quippy Shark.

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Yeah but he did form a beautiful friendship with Ratcatcher

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

I didn't realize Kaley was funny because she spent a decade on that terrible sitcom

I didn't think 8 Simple Rules was on that long...

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

BooDooBoo posted:

They did that in one of the comics a few years ago. (2 Harley's, not Margot and Kaley).

In the non canon Batman: White Knight, there was a pre-New 52 Harley and a post-New 52 Harley with the explanation that the Joker was so insane, he never noticed the old one leave and get replaced.

There's also the current canon arc where Harley sneaks into the new Arkham by pretending to be someone who thinks they're Harley Quinn, but isn't

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

moist turtleneck posted:

The Suicide Squad Pixies shot might be my favorite pixies media

especially the shark, who's economos under the covers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjFlb33W59Y

I had no idea that Economos and King Shark were physically the same dude, that's great.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Yeah, i just assumed it was Sean Gunn.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Steve Agee also played the Incredible Hulk in Return to Superman.

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

swickles posted:

I didn't think 8 Simple Rules was on that long...

Oh poo poo that was her! I think she was on Charmed too

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Takes No Damage posted:

Would be some tonal whiplash going between TSS's big dum "be... friend?" Shark vs Harley's regular intelligence quippy Shark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deO_iDLQ_wo

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
There can be more than one giant shark person

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Fun fact: King Shark in the comics is a humanoid hammerhead. HQ and TSS both made him a great white independently of each other.

Unrelated to that, I recently rewatched TSS and I'd love a prequel show about Polka Dot Man.

Ubik_Lives
Nov 16, 2012
I think being a hammerhead is unique to his New 52 version. In most of his incarnations he’s a great white.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
yeah, i remember King Shark being a great white back in Secret Six... heck, that was even where they got the bit for him to get distracted by colourful fish in an aquarium:

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Ah well I read that somewhere and I never fact checked it. My b.

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004
I'm not super well versed in DC lore but I thought king shark was a hammerhead and killer shark was a great white

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Killer Shark is just some nobody in a suit.

which is to say there's a nonzero chance he'll appear in season 2

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

Takes No Damage posted:

Just say Waller had him on ridiculously heavy tranquilisers the whole time.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

jabby posted:

Just say Waller had him on ridiculously heavy tranquilisers the whole time.

That would explain a Sylvester Stallone voice as well as anything else. Possibly a Vin Diesel voice as well.

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

I wonder if we'll see The Dogwelder in HQ season 3. I think his particular power would fit animation better than live action

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

I wonder if we'll see The Dogwelder in HQ season 3. I think his particular power would fit animation better than live action

I'd love them to do the Cat-signal if anything if they're borrow something from Hitman.

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

It's set in Gotham so I would like to see The Cauldron at some point

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Xelkelvos posted:

In the non canon Batman: White Knight, there was a pre-New 52 Harley and a post-New 52 Harley with the explanation that the Joker was so insane, he never noticed the old one leave and get replaced.

There's also the current canon arc where Harley sneaks into the new Arkham by pretending to be someone who thinks they're Harley Quinn, but isn't

Aren’t there currently 3 Jokers or something?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

The_Doctor posted:

Aren’t there currently 3 Jokers or something?

That was planned at some point by Scott Snyder or someone, but was ultimately dropped and made into a non canon story.

There are two Batmen now (again), but neither of them are Dick

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Xelkelvos posted:

That was planned at some point by Scott Snyder or someone, but was ultimately dropped and made into a non canon story.

We also have three Batgirls, but they're all cool.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Xelkelvos posted:

Who are they?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
bruce wayneses

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_q0WPlOJX2Y

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
RACHELS!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

thrawn527 posted:

Who are they?

One is some fucker who still haven't delivered his electric car. The other is a black guy.