Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

It's not realistic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Gaius Marius posted:

It's not realistic

I mean it depends on the situation surely?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

This kind of goatee should come back in style

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Gripweed posted:

This kind of goatee should come back in style

no thank you, that is peak "man who can't grow beard desperately wants beard" style

e: still better than the Kadyrov though, full beard shaved mustache and sideburns just looks gross

PHUO: if Norway ever attempts to join the EU, it should be opposed at all costs, because it wouldn't be the same without the north being a big hanging dong on member-state-only maps.

Edgar Allen Ho has a new favorite as of 16:24 on Mar 17, 2022

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
Sweet Dreams is a good song. Marylin Manson's cover of it is hilarious. It's like a person who doesn't get the joke, trying to tell the joke. This cover is the same song but removed of any nuance. Taking a dark song and making it dark is lazy loving artistic expression. I'm surprised they didn't also do a dark gritty sad cover of Paint It, Black. It just seems like another song that has just slightly too much subtlety.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
lets give Marilyn some due, that cover of Tainted Love was alright but yeah he's a weird musical artist and everyone I've ever met in real life who described themselves as a fan always wore either a dog collar or a matrix style pvc suit with floor length coat so univerally i think he just attracts weirdos

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

boris johnson has a good haircut

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Shibawanko posted:

boris johnson has a good haircut

what haircut would that even be

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

It looks like he had a bowl cut when school let out in May and his parents didn't remember to cut it before the fall semester started

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

I would like to play a video game where the protagonist pays as much (little) attention to the plot as I do. Doom (2016) kind of does it, but there's so little plot that it's basically just a single joke early on.

I want a game where characters ramble on at you like they do in other games, but the player character is clearly uninterested and not paying attention, and you get situations like, say, people showing up to attack you, and it's already been explained who they are and why they want to stop you, but after the fight the PC is just like "Who the gently caress are these guys? Why are they attacking me now? Do they work for the main bad guy or is this something else?" and then immediately stops listening and walks away when another character tries to explain it again. I want that for the entire game. I promise I would not get sick of it.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

In Fallout 4 I think every dialogue can be skipped and when you do the player character interrupts them with a rude "uh huh yeah"

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Tiggum posted:

I would like to play a video game where the protagonist pays as much (little) attention to the plot as I do. Doom (2016) kind of does it, but there's so little plot that it's basically just a single joke early on.

I want a game where characters ramble on at you like they do in other games, but the player character is clearly uninterested and not paying attention, and you get situations like, say, people showing up to attack you, and it's already been explained who they are and why they want to stop you, but after the fight the PC is just like "Who the gently caress are these guys? Why are they attacking me now? Do they work for the main bad guy or is this something else?" and then immediately stops listening and walks away when another character tries to explain it again. I want that for the entire game. I promise I would not get sick of it.

You might enjoy Stranger of Paradise

https://twitter.com/powerfulhag/status/1503613049655103493?s=21

https://twitter.com/truebladeseeker/status/1503969682901983235?s=21

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Manager Hoyden posted:

It looks like he had a bowl cut when school let out in May and his parents didn't remember to cut it before the fall semester started

exactly. so a good haircut

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

I'm not in any place to judge whether a haircut is good or not

But I will say this: How many other politicians' haircuts are we giving attention to right now

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Penis > gun.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

https://i.imgur.com/KQ0hBKp.gifv

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

A big budget American adaptation of Berserk could be pretty good.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Better than the CGI movies at least

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Gripweed posted:

A big budget American adaptation of Berserk could be pretty good.

Chicken. Fight like a robot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N73WzJX8LFo

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Pasta is one of the boringest foods imaginable. I'd just as happily have penne alla ketchup as a real italian dish, as in, I'd rather have instant ramen.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
That's just dumb. Pasta is a sauce delivery mechanism.

I prefer to spread my sauce on meat, but it's all about the sauce.

doverhog has a new favorite as of 22:54 on Mar 25, 2022

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

doverhog posted:

That's just dumb. Pasta is a sauce delivery mechanism.

I prefer to spread my sauce on meat, but it's all about the sauce.

This is also why bucatini is a superior noodle to spaghetti.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

It's amazing how bad streaming has been for movies and tv. We have this explosion of high production value garbage TV, movies older than ten years are forgotten about, new content produced for these walled gardens vanishes off the face of the earth when the service ends. We don't even have movies and TV anymore, it's content. It's all just units of goods produced to make the streaming service look good.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Gripweed posted:

It's amazing how bad streaming has been for movies and tv. We have this explosion of high production value garbage TV, movies older than ten years are forgotten about, new content produced for these walled gardens vanishes off the face of the earth when the service ends. We don't even have movies and TV anymore, it's content. It's all just units of goods produced to make the streaming service look good.

It's really a shame. You'd hope that all that new money shooting into the system would lead to a new renaissance in TV and Films. And instead we get a ton of flavor of the month garbage that gets canceled after 2 seasons.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Sometimes I look through some of the TV threads and I just do not understand why people would choose to spend time on the slate of bland nothing tv that's being produced today. There's a million great films to watch, and a thousand good tv series and people choose to unironically watch poo poo like Archive 81, Halo or Riverdale

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Being patient and friendly is deeply underrated, at least in online spaces. We should really have more time and patience for our fellow human beings

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I only know🧠 one1️⃣ thing🪨: I😡 want😤 to 🔪kill☠️… 😈Chaos😱… I need🥵 to. [TIME⏰ TO DIE☠️]
:same:

Gaius Marius posted:

Sometimes I look through some of the TV threads and I just do not understand why people would choose to spend time on the slate of bland nothing tv that's being produced today. There's a million great films to watch, and a thousand good tv series and people choose to unironically watch poo poo like Archive 81, Halo or Riverdale

Hey, Archive 81 was also a terrible podcast. So at least some of them chose to engage with a lovely media property TWICE in lieu of watching anything of value.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

christmas boots posted:

This is also why bucatini is a superior noodle to spaghetti.

You're good people, Christmas boots. I'm going to take you off my list.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Waste of Breath posted:

Hey, Archive 81 was also a terrible podcast. So at least some of them chose to engage with a lovely media property TWICE in lieu of watching anything of value.

Agreed, I was fuckin baffled to see that poo poo is a show now. Of all the podcasts to make a show of.

Also: currently gargling curry fries for dinner, fries are a better sauce mechanism and curry is better than anything those italians are putting out. Why is everyone obsessed with italian food? My disdain for pasta is reinforced.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Without pasta you can't have macaroni box or 'nist stew.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Lihaperunasoselaatikko FTW.

*that is smashed potatoes with ground beef mixed in, available prepackaged at local stores in Finland

doverhog has a new favorite as of 01:46 on Mar 26, 2022

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

This isn't an opinion but, when I'm broke, having the option of eating macaroni and meatballs for two days for 1€ (thanks, Lidl) is a God-send. It's not good but it's an actual warm meal you can make in seven minutes with only a heat source, pot, and water. (And salt of course.)

doverhog
May 31, 2013

When I was that broke I ate the only meal at school, yoghurt with oats for breakfast, bread with cheese before going to sleep. Was medically underweight. :shrug:

Was when I was a student, and really dumb, about nutrition among other things.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

3D Megadoodoo posted:

This isn't an opinion but, when I'm broke, having the option of eating macaroni and meatballs for two days for 1€ (thanks, Lidl) is a God-send. It's not good but it's an actual warm meal you can make in seven minutes with only a heat source, pot, and water. (And salt of course.)

sounds good but what ya need to make it great is some ketchup and vinegar. Maybe tapatio as well if the nordic palate can handle such spice.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

sounds good but what ya need to make it great is some ketchup and vinegar. Maybe tapatio as well if the nordic palate can handle such spice.

ketchup and vinegar ruin anything they touch. I like spice a lot but not the vinegar kind and ketchup is the worst condiment ever devised and should go to hell with its vegetable counterpart, pickles.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Gaius Marius posted:

Riverdale definitely has a lot of ironic viewers.

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I only know🧠 one1️⃣ thing🪨: I😡 want😤 to 🔪kill☠️… 😈Chaos😱… I need🥵 to. [TIME⏰ TO DIE☠️]
:same:

yeah I eat rear end posted:

ketchup and vinegar ruin anything they touch. I like spice a lot but not the vinegar kind and ketchup is the worst condiment ever devised and should go to hell with its vegetable counterpart, pickles.

At least we know your username is true to your taste

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

doverhog posted:

Lihaperunasoselaatikko FTW.

*that is smashed potatoes with ground beef mixed in, available prepackaged at local stores in Finland

That reminds me that one of my first thoughts when the pandemic started and countries were starting to close their borders was that I was going to have to teach myself how to make Karelian pies in case I was never allowed to go to Finland again

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

YeahTubaMike posted:

That reminds me that one of my first thoughts when the pandemic started and countries were starting to close their borders was that I was going to have to teach myself how to make Karelian pies in case I was never allowed to go to Finland again

It's not that hard with a pasta roller! My wife's family is Finnish and we make them all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

YeahTubaMike posted:

I bet they have them in, you know, the Republic of Karelia.

Dunno how easy it would be for you to go there, now, but still.