Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Endless Mike posted:

Never touch computers if you can avoid it imo
i have a computer toucher job but do as little as humanly possible so i think that counts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I’m wfh at the moment and I get paid to watch films and play games all day. I occasionally throw together some images for social media and every few weeks I’m on a big edit but it’s easy peasy. I’ve watched like 150 films this year so far, all on company time :cheers:

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
that's the other reason I'm fighting to keep WFH, I put an unbelievably small amount of effort into my job and being in the office makes that all the harder to hide

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i don’t think i produce any less wfh, it’s just that now my downtime is spent doing nice things like napping or watching tv instead of staring into space

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

WFH has definitely shifted me from work time/life time to just having a big pool of time and if work needs something they can have some of that time. I'm honestly doing more in less time these days.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

i’m a literal ditch digger, we can’t work from
home sadly

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I want to leave the UK and live/work somewhere else, so not being able to do that has been sad. On the other hand, wfh means I can do a bit of work and then spend the rest of my time playing Euro Truck Simulator and doing crosswords so it sort of works out.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

come to denmark. i'm not there

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

My home is now overrun with telecommute people who want to live here on top of the usual assholes that move here. I will never own a home.

I filmed a 5 and a half million dollar house the other day and that world might as well be an alien planet.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I’m a teacher and haven’t worked a single day from home and I’m glad because gently caress that poo poo. Probably would have seeked out a different job until the pandemic was over if I’d had to teach kids on fuckin Zoom

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

a cyborg mug posted:

I’m a teacher and haven’t worked a single day from home and I’m glad because gently caress that poo poo. Probably would have seeked out a different job until the pandemic was over if I’d had to teach kids on fuckin Zoom

My wife didn't mind teaching kids over Zoom when it was full-time. It wasn't until the country tried to go hybrid (in class for some, Zoom for the rest) that she had issues, since she had to juggle two lesson plans and the administration offered no support.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
I just lost my freelance gig because of medical poo poo and I gotta say that it is weird as hell to amicably leave a job without burning every bridge possible in my wake

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

why do they put all kinds of persona story stuff in a fighting game? i want it to be in the same games that it is.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I've been teaching uni mostly on zoom since summer 2020 and it has been mostly good. I can post during mid-class breaks.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

do any of ya'll know a good crisis chat that won't call the cops on you? I have a friend in need of help but last two times they used a hotline and a chat and both times they called the police for a "wellness check" one of which got them assaulted by the cops and detained for a while when they refused to be admitted to a costly hospital without insurance, is that a thing or do they all just call the police on you?

if not no worries not trying to kill
the vibe you lot are just smart, world wise people for the most part so i figured i’d ask

Eat My Fuc fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Mar 18, 2022

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

do any of ya'll know a good crisis chat that won't call the cops on you? I have a friend in need of help but last two times they used a hotline and a chat and both times they called the police for a "wellness check" one of which got them assaulted by the cops and detained for a while when they refused to be admitted to a costly hospital without insurance, is that a thing or do they all just call the police on you?

the vibe you lot are just smart, world wise people for the most part so i figured i’d ask

I don't know of a specific resource but this looks like a good place to find one. Sorry I don't have anything specific.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Eat My Fuc posted:

Would it be ok to know which state?

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Would it be ok to know which state?

NC, sorry that is necessary info for sure

Also feel free to just DM me any information too so we can get back to elden ringing and yakuza and movies and comics and poo poo like the dorks we are

Eat My Fuc fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Mar 18, 2022

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Eat My Fuc posted:

NC, sorry that is necessary info for sure

Also feel free to just DM me any information too so we can get back to elden ringing and yakuza and movies and comics and poo poo like the dorks we are

check your PMs bud

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

hey remember how i got yelled at three times because i pitched a minor fit over a data breach?

said breachers just sent another ransom email and uploaded all the info they stole to the web. addresses, phone numbers, ssns, salary ranges, the whole boat

currently stopping myself from just sending a big smiley emoji to those who gave me poo poo and walking. but i need my loving insurance so I guess I have to eat poo poo and look elsewhere while still employed at this clown car of a company

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

The SSNs info is so dangerous to have on the web. I hope the higher ups get fired since this happened on their watch.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I got fired

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Meet ‘Super Mario’, the man who’s lived on cruise ships for two decades

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I spent the last four years taking care of my mother while she suffered from dementia. She passed away last year, and I've been on a job hunt ever since, and despite all the applications I've put in, I've only had one interview, got rejected (and got to see them advertise for the position again the next day!), and can't get an interview for anything else.

I'm at the point where I'm going to be applying for a bagging job at a grocery store.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/spacedghost_/status/1504893426302521344

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
that’s bullshit you’re bullshit I don’t believe you

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
what the gently caress

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

that's just mean

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Seeing GY!BE at First Ave tonight. Pretty excited. Last time I saw them was also St Patrick’s day week oddly enough.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Captain Magic posted:

that’s bullshit you’re bullshit I don’t believe you

IT IS BULLSHIT! I just did it and all it did was lead to a room I already had access to. I don't know what it means!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

they decided not to have a hidden path there and instead of re-doing anything they just left the object in and gave it a bunch of hp. it's a one-off and not useful. but very fun

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i lied. just found a couple more of those. search for strange light coming through the bottom/top of walls.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Dimebags Brain posted:

Seeing GY!BE at First Ave tonight. Pretty excited. Last time I saw them was also St Patrick’s day week oddly enough.

Hell yeah. Some of the best concerts I've been to.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i'm seeing GY!BE in april, can't wait

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

I’m going to see Jawbreaker and Lucero in May, very excited.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Friends! After bouncing off of Demons and Dark Souls I love Elden Ring! Being able to gently caress off and do something else instead of bouncing off the same boss 20+ times makes all the difference.

ChrisBTY fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Mar 19, 2022

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

I have also been loving Elden Ring but every nerd wizard in the big lake school for nerd wizards can eat my fuc

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
I just got out of X, and it's the best drat horror movie I've seen in a long time - it's a better "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" than the Netflix remake. It's tense, funny, and disturbing all at the same time.

Highly recommended if you're a fan of gorgeous cinematography and lovingly crafted throwbacks to 1970s exploitation. Hell, they have a reference to Tobe Hooper's Eaten Alive.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Is there anywhere to rent games anymore? I wanna try Elden Ring before dropping big bux.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

since games cost 60-70 bucks now I really wish demos were still a thing, though I’m sure the two are related