Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
My alts hit the breakpoints for the Rohendal and Feiton story, trying to decide which one I should redo first to unlock the second half of the abyss dungeons for the tier/chaos dungeons.

The currency exchange has dropped from like ~900 to as low as ~660 during the weekdays which is nice. I have over 8k purple crystals now so that should get me plenty of skins and aura for the near future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
I made it to T3 but didn't get one of every bit of equipment from my first two chaos dungeons. Maybe tomorrow, i guess.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Jabor posted:

I made it to T3 but didn't get one of every bit of equipment from my first two chaos dungeons. Maybe tomorrow, i guess.

Yeah, just reached t2, but arrived there already done with chaos for the day. So I finished yorn hoping for a equipment freebie jump, but no. So I'm sitting waiting to make a try for baby's first t2 gear tomorrow. Because fuuck trying to roll to +20.

Btw for everyone, yesterday's little maintenance finally fixed it all. Alarm timers are now in sync with server event timers while also properly compensating for dst. It is a modern miracle. In 6 months, we'll get to revisit a week long circus show again I'm sure.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
You can buy T2 gear off the marketboard to start honing. There's usually a bunch of 1 gold pieces available, although it will cost pheons to buy them. Shame that you can't do the same with T3.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Cinara posted:

Oh you're on NA East then who knows, maybe something extra was hosed up on NA East that wasn't on NA West. On west the in game clock was wrong but everything, including reset, was still happening at the correct real life time. Were you using the in game clock to determine when reset was? Cause it would have been incorrect.

Did you miss the big By Name button on the engravings page?

Did you guys get field bosses again today at the reset? NA East didn't so it appears the ride is over for us.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Yes but NA West gets several sets of bosses after reset, our reset is at 3am PST and the bosses keep spawning till 5am.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Hyper Inferno posted:

You can buy T2 gear off the marketboard to start honing. There's usually a bunch of 1 gold pieces available, although it will cost pheons to buy them. Shame that you can't do the same with T3.
Pheons are 100g-180g each depending on how you view their value. I'd be wary of spending them on t2 anything.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i bound g to one of my mouse buttons and now i feel like a GOD

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003

cams posted:

i bound g to one of my mouse buttons and now i feel like a GOD

this is what i did immediately. it’s great!

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Okay now make that button a macro that mashes G until you press it again

FutureCop
Jun 7, 2011

Have you heard of Fermat's principle?
drat, I got my butt kicked: tried doing a ghost ship for the first time solo and while I was able to make it to the boss Nazarick, he was just an absolute HP sponge and I couldn't beat him in time. Had to cart my broken ship back home. Is there some sort of mechanic to this where you do something special to get a damage buff to tear through his shields, or is this something you have to do with a pre-formed party so you have enough damage? I was surprised since, as a public event, I thought it would be like field bosses or rifts where other people would be joining in, but it was just me on that ship. I also thought, since it was lv460 and I was already lv820 that I'd be overleveled, but I guess not.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Ghost ships will generally have a whole bunch of people showing up. Generally you'll want to switch to channel 1 or 2 just before the event (and look for a big crowd of other people hanging out waiting for the event) so you end up in a populated instance.

But also if you're in T2 you don't really want to be doing the T1 ghost ship.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

A spreadsheet with stagger values for every class

lol that every martial artist, except Scrapper, is absolutely terrible at stagger. Shadowhunter and sharpshooter bad at it too. I was surprised that Bards have more stagger than Paladins do.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

FutureCop posted:

drat, I got my butt kicked: tried doing a ghost ship for the first time solo and while I was able to make it to the boss Nazarick, he was just an absolute HP sponge and I couldn't beat him in time. Had to cart my broken ship back home. Is there some sort of mechanic to this where you do something special to get a damage buff to tear through his shields, or is this something you have to do with a pre-formed party so you have enough damage? I was surprised since, as a public event, I thought it would be like field bosses or rifts where other people would be joining in, but it was just me on that ship. I also thought, since it was lv460 and I was already lv820 that I'd be overleveled, but I guess not.

It is 100% not meant to be done solo.

If you get the Eibern's Wound ship(and you should because it's the best), you can recruit Berald who gives you a buff while you are on the ghost ship. At legendary and relic rank, it gives these stats:

So you can get that as a longterm goal or just not be extremely unlucky and zone into a solo ghost ship. It's pretty easy to zerg the 960 one. I don't think anyone bothers with the 1370 one unless you have a party because he's mean. Bring enough feathers to revive though because unless you have that buff, his fear laser poo poo will probably kill you with little chance for you to react since it's just rng bullshit whether or not you get hit.

Note: the buffs don't stack. I just use 2 Beralds because of their resists for sailing around.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
My god is Carbot on point with these animations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIUPZW931Vk

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I'm super confused by the calendar.

It lists Ghost Ships for every hour from 11 to 00 today - but the location button doesn't work and the + to add an alarm says I can't add something for an even that's already over?

e: lmao The book eating

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

If you get the Eibern's Wound ship(and you should because it's the best), you can recruit Berald who gives you a buff while you are on the ghost ship. At legendary and relic rank, it gives these stats:

isnt that the ship you get from doing the ghost ship una rep?

Oxyclean fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Mar 19, 2022

Khorne
May 1, 2002

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

. I was surprised that Bards have more stagger than Paladins do.
I'm not, I can pop stagger bars in T1 abyss solo on zerker. 80% of the classes in the game have feeble stagger in comparison.

The only surprising thing was tempest has significantly lower stagger than the other 3 big stagger abilities on my bar. I run legendary overwhelm on tempest usually because it doesn't really need something else. On certain fights maybe I will switch it to finishing strike, hellblade, or something. Kinda hard to justify though because they benefit a ton from galewind.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Mar 19, 2022

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Khorne posted:

I'm not, I can pop stagger bars in T1 abyss solo on zerker. 80% of the classes in the game have feeble stagger in comparison.

The only surprising thing was tempest has significantly lower stagger than the other 3 big stagger abilities on my bar. I run legendary overwhelm on tempest usually because it doesn't really need something else. On certain fights maybe I will switch it to finishing strike, hellblade, or something. Kinda hard to justify though because they benefit a ton from galewind.

Bard is a different thing than berserker. It's a mage support class.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
I'm actually both surprised and not surprised that punishing strike for sorc is really the only serious stagger skill she has. And boy is it a whopper though. I definitely need to make sure I keep that one on constant cooldown more now than I have in the past.

Edit: 2nd alt.. sharpshooter vs gunslinger. I get the feeling gunslinger is better as most of what I play with is horde mode stuff (chaos dungeons) versus something like raids where you are just tagging a single boss. But perhaps I'm wrong.

I've also been thinking of keep that last power pass and using it towards the striker or spear lady. But I've also heard in KR, they hand out power passes with every new class not counting knowledge transfers and such.

JuffoWup fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Mar 19, 2022

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Oxyclean posted:

It lists Ghost Ships for every hour from 11 to 00 today - but the location button doesn't work and the + to add an alarm says I can't add something for an even that's already over?

idk why the calender isn't working. They do have set spawn locations on the western side of the map. You should see them greyed out 10 mins before they spawn.

Oxyclean posted:

isnt that the ship you get from doing the ghost ship una rep?

Ya. Just have to complete it once and then you can burn una completion tokens / 25 blue crystals on it, even on days when the ghost ship doesn't spawn if you are impatient.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Mar 19, 2022

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Thank god the una skip thing is an option because that 960 ghost ship makes me never want to do one again. A weekly lockout for that!?

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
How big of a deal is it to be in a guild in this game?

Unsure if i should play on an EU server (which is my time zone, but goon EU guilds tends to go inactive faster) or a NA server (outside my tz but these goon guilds tends to last longer)
I have zero plans of doing any kind of raid or similar content.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!

Oxyclean posted:

Thank god the una skip thing is an option because that 960 ghost ship makes me never want to do one again. A weekly lockout for that!?

What really blows is that entering the ghost ship flags you for the week so that you can't do another one, even if you fail it. So if you're trying to get one done so you can start doing the una daily just do the 460 one so you can guarantee you complete it.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

JuffoWup posted:

I'm actually both surprised and not surprised that punishing strike for sorc is really the only serious stagger skill she has. And boy is it a whopper though. I definitely need to make sure I keep that one on constant cooldown more now than I have in the past.

Edit: 2nd alt.. sharpshooter vs gunslinger. I get the feeling gunslinger is better as most of what I play with is horde mode stuff (chaos dungeons) versus something like raids where you are just tagging a single boss. But perhaps I'm wrong.

I've also been thinking of keep that last power pass and using it towards the striker or spear lady. But I've also heard in KR, they hand out power passes with every new class not counting knowledge transfers and such.

Gunslinger feels very good for AoE and single target. You have great mobility and lots of options for different types of content. You have to like moving during combat though. You’ll be constantly weaving in and out of melee range to do various combos.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Ineptitude posted:

How big of a deal is it to be in a guild in this game?

Unsure if i should play on an EU server (which is my time zone, but goon EU guilds tends to go inactive faster) or a NA server (outside my tz but these goon guilds tends to last longer)
I have zero plans of doing any kind of raid or similar content.

You should at least be in one since you can buy honing materials and other stuff every week from the guild vendor.

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

Is there any point to attempting the 1370 ghost ship a few levels early or should I stick to the 960?

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

malbogio posted:

Is there any point to attempting the 1370 ghost ship a few levels early or should I stick to the 960?

i dont think it will let you join until you're 1370

Khorne
May 1, 2002

yeti friend posted:

Bard is a different thing than berserker. It's a mage support class.
Oh yeah bard.... I read that as "barb" for some reason. Soundholic does passable stagger when I play bard and sonic vib seems ok too.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Mar 19, 2022

Pryce
May 21, 2011

Oxyclean posted:

Did you do ghost ship already this week? It’s only once per week.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

malbogio posted:

No. Even if you were okay using your once a week shot on that and potentially failing, you are still making it harder for everyone else by scaling the boss up while having some / the majority of your attacks be blocked due to the ilevel difference.

Assuming you can even zone in at all.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

malbogio posted:

Yes if you are 1340+ or 1355+ especially. You get a ton of resources from it. Just make sure you see people with 1370+ gear in the first room and/or waiting outside in the sea.

I think right now there aren't too many people under leveled trying it due to how brutal the 960 ship was when everyone hit 960. The 1370 ship is very easy in comparison.

If you do 960, do it on an alt if possible.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Mar 19, 2022

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008
You literally cannot enter the 1370 ship if youre not 1370

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Estraysian posted:

Yeah every time I go to one of those there's a handful of people just finding out they can't even get in yet.

Khorne
May 1, 2002
For blue elemental achievement in shadowmoon, required for island heart & a giant heart, this is the best route I found:

They respawn on 10s timers, are always blue, and there's 3 of them. I did most of the orange & gold & green achievements through the daily that's required for this, but blue in particular is a pain elsewhere on the map.

Estraysian posted:

Oh. I didn't try until after 1370. That makes sense. That's why it's not like Moake.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Mar 19, 2022

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

Lawlicaust posted:

Gunslinger feels very good for AoE and single target. You have great mobility and lots of options for different types of content. You have to like moving during combat though. You’ll be constantly weaving in and out of melee range to do various combos.

Sharpshooter is somewhat similar but maybe easier since you don't have to worry about the extra stances. Your main meter builders are melee skills, so you dump meter + ranged skills on your burst and then lunge back into melee to build it back up. You have a couple mobility skills of different flavors (one attack dash, a few back-dodge attacks) but not quite as much as Gunslinger has, I think. I've been meaning to level GS to try cause it seems fun tho lots of buttons.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
Also keep in mind even if you are i460 and can clear the T1 ghost ship, you have to have cleared Rohendel before the daily becomes unlocked. That caught me last week.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
What I don't like is there is a drought of stuff before 1370. World boss is 1400 or something for some reason for T3 mats, ghost ship is 1370 for T3 mats. There is nothing to do for 1330 and such to get bonus materials.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
You can do the 1380 world boss and get rewards, you're just gonna die a ton. Moake you can't do until 1340 and even then it can be tricky to get into a channel that kills him.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

explosivo posted:

Okay now make that button a macro that mashes G until you press it again

Careful about this. People in my guild that did this during initial leveling got caught in the last ban wave for "cheating". Part of the automation ban that caught botters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Is there anything I can do with the pile of tier 1 honing mats that are bound, now that I'm in tier 2 or should I just discard them?