Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Hwurmp posted:

chikkin chaysa

hero your health is low

do you have any potions

or food

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Made with top-of-the-line child labour.

Starbound

BQCGW-X33DV-JX6TD

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Monaco

ARW98-NJCRF-CNF49

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons

ADNF0-0948J-0NGLW

Corridor Z

taken

Inspector Gesicht fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Mar 20, 2022

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

I finally sat down with Delta-Vee: Rings of Saturn and yo, this is cool. Weird chill 2D mining simulator with physics. I'm enjoying the core loop of mine -> come home -> sell/repair/hire pilots -> get back out there and mine.

There's a mild stock market - you can store minerals to see if the prices go up later - and missions you can find out in the rings. And other stuff I haven't touched yet. But the core loop is chill and fun, and I'm enjoying it as a focused podcast game.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Corridor Z

9AKG9-CBJRE-0JXG4

Yoinked, thank you!

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

closed

Inspector Gesicht fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Mar 20, 2022

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons

ADNF0-0948J-0NGLW

I took this. Played that game years ago on an old crappy laptop that I ended up having to pawn in Vietnam... long story

Anyways happy to be able to play it again now with all I've learned about video games. And life.

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003

I took 911/112 Operator. Thanks.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

StrixNebulosa posted:

I finally sat down with Delta-Vee: Rings of Saturn and yo, this is cool. Weird chill 2D mining simulator with physics. I'm enjoying the core loop of mine -> come home -> sell/repair/hire pilots -> get back out there and mine.

There's a mild stock market - you can store minerals to see if the prices go up later - and missions you can find out in the rings. And other stuff I haven't touched yet. But the core loop is chill and fun, and I'm enjoying it as a focused podcast game.

Also heads up this game is in the humble Ukraine bundle.

Definitely a great game imo

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I gave Rings of Saturn a shot, but the UI, controls, camera, and tutorial were all so obtuse and unintuitive that I quit in frustration and refunded after less than 20 minutes :(

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Mar 20, 2022

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

What was that game that costs like $3 and blew up out of nowhere a couple of months back? Iirc it's some sort of pixel art Rougelite or zelda-esque thing. people were saying it was great and then I forgot about it because so much has been coming out lately.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

veni veni veni posted:

What was that game that costs like $3 and blew up out of nowhere a couple of months back? Iirc it's some sort of pixel art Rougelite or zelda-esque thing.

Vampire survivor

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Vampire survivor

It’s a neat game. Don’t worry about reading up on optimized builds and combos. Just load it up and play.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Word. Yeah that was it thanks.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

MarcusSA posted:

Also heads up this game is in the humble Ukraine bundle.

Definitely a great game imo

If you want to try it, they recently unlocked the demo so it's basically the full game. The devs are Ukrainian and wanted folks to enjoy the game despite what's going on in their country :smith:

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Apparently Mechajammer is not great? Anyone play it?

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
I finished ANNO Mutationem today. I can only recommend it really if youre a big fan of the aesthetics and cyberpunk settings in general. Here's my impressions.

- The art style of the game and the aesthetics are clearly the best part and the devs are very proud and show off a lot of cool looking places. I also have nothing bad to say about the english VA / sound design, nothing stood out as bad to me.

- The combat is... serviceable. It doesn't really have a lot of depth honestly and by the end I was completely checked out from it and just spammed attacks and healed with my 50 medkits I bought. The lack of manual targeting for the gun can be frustrating in parts.

- The story is... honestly terrible. It starts off quite interesting / good but devolves into a giant mess of plot threads that never are follow upon, characters that show up out nowhere / have no backstory or prior characterization and just the scale of things gets way, way too big for what the devs could do. It tries to introduce a lot of "cool" things while not explaining anything properly, especially character motivations. The ending is also a complete mess.

The worst: Bugs. Theres lots of them. A lot of the game seems unfinished or they ran out of time. Almost none of the subtitles ever match voiced lines. They forgot to put voice modulation for some characters during cutscenes for some lines so suddenly menacing darth vader becomes bro dudeski. It's possible to fall out of the level geometry at several places, also at the final boss reloading the checkpoint put me into an endless void so I had to reload a savegame. Half of my inventory just vanished once. The devs of this game either bit off more than they can chew or they ran out of time/money. My playtime at the end was 16.8 hours with 100% of sidequests finished.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Sounds like a "wait for Gamepass" kind of situation.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

This popped up on my Steam and I have to ask, how's The Last Spell? It looks to me like an TRPG.........tower defence survival game? Am I interpreting this correctly? How's the leveling/gameplay loop?

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

closed

Inspector Gesicht fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Mar 20, 2022

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Artelier posted:

This popped up on my Steam and I have to ask, how's The Last Spell? It looks to me like an TRPG.........tower defence survival game? Am I interpreting this correctly? How's the leveling/gameplay loop?

It's fun but very grindy. I also fear it's going down the Darkest Dungeon route where they're only listening to the extreme difficulty lovers of the community.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
I got the last spell like half a year ago. The balance was just completely broken and its a "meta" grinder. The fact that back then all "best strategy" videos for the game were to use 2 weapon types only and exploit an unlimited gold strategy with the shop said a lot about the title.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Gameguru, a game-maker that looks poo poo.

AAV20-VBB0W-RV36R

Going Under, a dungeon-crawler set in college?

AQ5L8-NY9XM-3P6G9

We Are Alright, not a game but a documentary about independent creators.

AJH9A-40L5K-HZQYG

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

thanks for the impressions, noping out for now! hopefully they will be better balanced on release, or with multiple difficulty levels

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Draw Slasher

B2BKW-ALE6X-XH8M9

Shing!

AWVAC-Z8J0V-2XKXQ

Soulblight

AJWAW-3CD8K-7YH5Q

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

PM me for Kingdom Two Crowns, a minimalist pixel-art strategy game.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

deep dish peat moss posted:

I gave Rings of Saturn a shot, but the UI, controls, camera, and tutorial were all so obtuse and unintuitive that I quit in frustration and refunded after less than 20 minutes :(

I feel this, I feel this.

Fortunately it kinda boils down to -

Hold X to make your ship stop.
WASD +QE to make your ship go or turn. Shift to turn on the main torch and go REAL fast.

Left click on objects to make your ship lock onto them and try to match their trajectory - you'll have to speed up manually to get to them.

I think it's middle mouse button to open the mining scoop.

Space to fire gun.

J to open menu (in there is a tab to send you back to base)

The mouse controls are uh... they exist! They're neat to poke around with! I rarely use them.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

PM me for one of these...

Got Quantum Break - thanks bud!

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

I don't give a poo poo about Satisfactory either, so whoever hasn't PMed me once already can take it.

edit taken.

Inspector Gesicht fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Mar 20, 2022

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

PM sent

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Artelier posted:

thanks for the impressions, noping out for now! hopefully they will be better balanced on release, or with multiple difficulty levels

Do mind that while what FrickenMoron said was fully accurate, the game is one of those Early Access titles that are visibly in constant development and their impressions were from one and a half years ago. While the game is still nowhere close to release, it already is better balanced and there are multiple difficulty levels, if those things were the dealbreakers.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

So, I've been watching For All Mankind and I'm seriously in a mood for some space station/modular lunar/mars colony management.

What do I have for choices these days? Startopia got a sequel didn't it? Did it end up being decent at all?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Deakul posted:

So, I've been watching For All Mankind and I'm seriously in a mood for some space station/modular lunar/mars colony management.

What do I have for choices these days? Startopia got a sequel didn't it? Did it end up being decent at all?

Ixion...eventually

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
Well I have to revise my opinion about Tunic a bit because quite frankly I loving hate the endgame. And it's not only about the difficulty.

First your upgrades get taking away, then this bullshit area with invisible enemies and poo poo, and now that I'm back out in the world I'm supposed to get my upgrades back but a lot of the paths I explored before are broken up and different, and the new movement ability is bad to read about from where to where I can go.

Thinking about ending it here, god mode alone is not going to make this much better.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/FortniteGame/status/1505432273126146049?s=20&t=ulv3-rBXHjxpCpYQATRyJg

As much as I hate epic I'm happy about this.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
I'll pass on the advice that was given to me just a little while ago in the Tunic thread:

Go to sleep in the bed in the house/village to return to the day world, so you can continue to poke around and play the game normally.

I'll agree with you that I much preferred the early parts of the game where everything is just cheery Zelda stuff and would have liked more of it.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

PMs in previous post still valid.

The Amazing American Circus, deckbuilder

BM6K0-D6TK9-6BTW8

Roarr! Jurassic Edition, fighting

BALVY-BCBBT-IQREH

Go Home Dinosaurs, tower-defence

BCQEX-BF4T4-7RKYA

Nex Machina, twin-stick

BHC8H-LGEQ8-5CX4H

Treasure Hunter Simulator

C6ZNT-MP9JG-63R36

Inspector Gesicht fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Mar 20, 2022

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Nex Machina, twin-stick

BHC8H-LGEQ8-5CX4H

Thanks, I took this one.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

PMs in previous post still valid.

The Amazing American Circus, deckbuilder

BM6K0-D6TK9-6BTW8

Thanks for this!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

I can't get my rocks off to polygons.

Lust from Beyond: M Edition

CELA9-PT420-7HNEQ

Lust for Darkness

C0098-LE9HT-IBL07

remaining keys. one per person. PM if you havent before.

Broken Age
Endless Space 2

Inspector Gesicht fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Mar 21, 2022