Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rpop
Dec 17, 2003

noveo@ace

I want more of these guys doing pit stops in F1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice
Only if they're the crew for the 1* car.

Was gonna say Red Bull but Checo deserves better.

Cirofren
Jun 13, 2005

Pillbug
Wow, that was a hell of a race. What a start to the F2 season. Genuinely thrilling start to finish!

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
At least the F3 and F2 races ruled.

F3 restart was An Art btw

Diorama
Apr 18, 2006

i remember when all this was fields

Average Lettuce posted:

The pit stop crew seems to have a lot of problem lifting the wheels in general, are they that much heavier than before?

Apparently the bit of extra weight makes enough of a difference; I heard that thanks to the new wheel covers the the F1 wheels are a bit lacking in hand-holds too and so a bit of a nightmare to lug around

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
the rbr is 0.2 faster than the ferrari on race pace. it will be a great race.

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

Ideal podium: 1 Max, 2 the Clerk, 3 KMag.

DNF for Poois Scam-a-ton Labustier

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Dictator. posted:

Ideal podium: 1 Max,

Mods?

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
feeling like a ferrari year

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Hot Karl Marx posted:

feeling like a ferrari year

for real, are they likely cheating?

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Rinkles posted:

Every team is cheating all the time, Ferrari is just doing it better right now

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
for some reason i really dislike george rusell

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Dictator. posted:

:sickos:

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Rinkles posted:

its only cheating if you get caught

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Zeta Acosta posted:

he’s got big Tory energy

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

boxcarhobo posted:

he’s got big Tory energy
He spent too long in Claire's office, gazing lovingly at her witch Thatcher portrait.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Hot Karl Marx posted:

its only cheating if you get caught

Ferrari has managed to make cheating an endearing part of their image, awww those lovable little scamps, cheating better again i see!!

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Zeta Acosta posted:

boxcarhobo posted:

he’s got big Tory energy

It doesn't help that he looks like a puppet come to life in someone's workshop whose motivation was to be real race driver some day

speng31b fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Mar 20, 2022

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/adamcooperF1/status/1505538390355292163
https://twitter.com/adamcooperF1/status/1505539492576473095

speng31b
May 8, 2010

I'm confused on the first one. I assume the penalty at the end has to be harsh enough to justify that absolutely noone will voluntarily give a place back

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

cant wait for the audio of horner exasperatedly explaining why max dive bombing wasnt actually dive bombing and he shouldnt have to give the place back and the stewards agreeing with him

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Dictator. posted:

rather sainz Get In There, but this would be nearly ideal

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

speng31b posted:

It doesn't help that he looks like a puppet come to life in someone's workshop whose motivation was to be real race driver some day
I'll be referring to him as F1nocchio henceforth.

This does not strike me as being helpful in combatting the problem of the rules being unclear, but at least it should lead to more drama and I'm all for that.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

This year Albon will have to recreate incidents in real-time.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

speng31b posted:

I'm confused on the first one. I assume the penalty at the end has to be harsh enough to justify that absolutely noone will voluntarily give a place back
In recent years they tried to avoid handing out penalties (there's a paradox that fans both hate penalties for 'interfering with the race' and hate drivers not following the rules) so where it was fairly likely that the would be a penalty, the race control politely suggested they ought to give back the place. This is just going back to before that, and drivers/teams will need to decide if the stewards will look unfavourably on what happened. Whatever the penalty is, it's going to be worse than giving back the place and trying again.

Expect Max to continue to drive like a arsehole and The-One-For-Left-His-Wife-And-New-Baby to whinge that the drinks company are being unfairly targetted.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Sombrerotron posted:

I'll be referring to him as F1nocchio henceforth.

Serious post: Be careful with this in the wider F1 Internet because “finocchio” is a slur for a gay person.

Ah yes this will work out really well and certainly remove any ambiguity from rules enforcement.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Zeta Acosta posted:

It's because he is very unlikeable, OP.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Gigi Galli posted:

Serious post: Be careful with this in the wider F1 Internet because “finocchio” is a slur for a gay person.
I don't post about F1 anywhere else, but never mind then - maybe I've been living under a rock but I honestly wasn't aware of this.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Russel has the energy of a nepotist hire who, despite having a non-senior role, will nonetheless be asking bosses what "we" are doing about an issue that affects him.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Sombrerotron posted:

I don't post about F1 anywhere else, but never mind then - maybe I've been living under a rock but I honestly wasn't aware of this.

I mean it’s Italian, I wouldn’t expect most English speakers to know but in a sport with a prominent Italian team it’s worth knowing.

Cirofren
Jun 13, 2005

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/chainbear/status/1409173131286175756?t=738aWLeaeRHTM3ZIcFJ6wA&s=19

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Ready for Big Terry to Be In the Mix while Your George complains about porpoising.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
go scud buds
bring the noise papaya bois
make me laugh Haas

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
tbh I'm just happy that for the first time since dicknoses the front wings don't look stupid.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
god these cars look loving sexy af

except the Haas, but that’s only because it’s a white loving blank

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

The Brawn GP of modern times

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

checos teammate is a haas car?

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Sam walking down the grid talking about how a team’s car sucks while the mechanics are right there is always funny.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Rinkles posted:

If you don't cheat you give the opponents and advantage, F1 is the art of cheating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Ethiser posted:

Sam walking down the grid talking about how a team’s car sucks while the mechanics are right there is always funny.