Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Mashle: I'd say the chapter's meh but I refuse to give dogsicle satisfaction.

I'll say it then, percentage based power level characters suck rear end and bargain bin Godot is no exception.

Weak characters suddenly becoming badass? Those rule, Ayashimon rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
This Mashle wasn't very good no. I'm also a little down on how quickly he was to make his ultimate obsolete....twice in a row even.

Ayashimon was fantastic.

Doron was great.

Sakamoto was great.

Elusive was great this chapter. The escape-off got a good chuckle out of me.

Witch Watch: Keigo, you can let your typical annoying poser self out more.

Shugomaru: was funny

Roboco was sweet.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Witch Watch was mostly just okay but the black abyss of Moi’s eyes as he watched his ungrateful horny friends tank their manzai routine was pretty great.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Akanebanashi is really good, and I like that for once it subverts the "going against your parents' wishes" trope. "Yeah, I knew she was training with you from the start. I don't really like it, but I went against my parents too back when I was young, and in the end it's her life." Good mom.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Every time our hero meets someone he admires in Elusive Samurai, it's been interesting so far. He's making an unusually bold move here and I'm interested to see how it plays out.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
the Zatch Bell sequel has been translated

https://mangadex.org/chapter/ca8df4e4-e14e-4b40-a4d9-a6a0692b27ef/1

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

If anyone’s read it, how is it so far and how does it follow up from the end of the original?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's good

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

drat that's some :black101: poo poo right out the gate.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I'm kinda wary about everyone being dead but I'll see how it shakes out first.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
https://mangadex.org/title/b340d77a-6bfe-4f33-8352-4d305ecf264c/yomi-no-tsugai

Arakawa's latest work Yomi no Tsugai updated with chapter 4.

It's doing a lot of exposition work but I'm really curious about the future of it.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Really glad to see Arakawa back at it, this one's got a lot going on but it looks interesting

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

She's been doing that monthly arslan series for a couple of years now

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

wtf they killed ted, gash and cherish offscreen...?!

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Plutonis posted:

wtf they killed ted, gash and cherish offscreen...?!

Can't speak for the others but doesn't Gash have a twin brother or something? Maybe they think they got Gash but got him instead.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

This is a shonen manga, I don't believe anyone is dead until it's confirmed multiple times.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Well. Yes. Of course.

That said Kyomaru, huh?

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Mar 16, 2022

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

FYI this week's chapters dropped today instead of Sunday.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The app is really struggling.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I got everything off M+ no problem.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Ayashimon continues to be so loving cool.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

I Am Fowl posted:

Absolutely agreed. I love all these dumb motherfuckers so goddamn much.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

I Am Fowl posted:

:yeah:

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

I Am Fowl posted:

Reader: "Oh no, the plan didn't work"
Maruo: "hold my beer"

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Mikl posted:

Absolutely agreed. I love all these dumb motherfuckers so goddamn much.

Apparently, the first volume sold over 15K, so I think it's got a chance at surviving, depending on how volume 2 does.

In a different environment, I'd say that the low placement gave it bad odds no matter how the sales were, but with PPPPPP stepping back from the brink, and with how bad its fellow newbies are doing, I think that's a pretty good sign.

And either way, well, yeah. This chapter was cool. Also, Maruo is real dumb. Really shows Denji's massive IQ with the comparison.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Hmm

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

nice, the announcement teased for Ragna Crimson earlier turned out to be TV anime for next year

https://twitter.com/gangan_joker/status/1505016220734611456?s=20&t=jG0hF_HGlUrnDyIOjnMInw

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I'm going to get to see Artemesia get poo poo on in glorious 1080p?
:getin:

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Akanebanashi: It's nice to show her first professional stumble, and how she's going to recover from it looks like it'll be a fun arc.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

I Am Fowl posted:

I really love the main protagonist pair and the relationship they are building with each other.

Also Ragna Crimson is wild and if they get a solid studio, the anime has the potential to get crazy.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I've struggled to keep up with what's happening in ragna crimson recently. Not sure if it's the weird release schedule or the art or both that's causing it

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Ayakashi: great. I love Maruo and the team is getting good.

Doron: continues introducing ew and cool characters.

Mashle: ah, so he has hidden potential. The Mangaka is speedrunning all the tropes. But Mash was at least poo poo talking while immobile, so I was still entertained.

Roboco: I didn’t see this conclusion coming. It was good.

Earthchild: This is so bad. So the narration is now coming from the kid, who is flashing back to his time as a super powered 2 year old. But dad is still the lead.
Waste has snipers ready to raise a kid. But ultimately, this serie badly needed the smart Waste person to actually be a character. Especially since she makes a good point.
The one good thing at least is that waste was 100% right, a 2 year old indeed doesn’t realize he can’t throw daddy around.

Witch watch: was funny and cute.

Sakamoto was funny and cool looking.

Undead unlock: cool fight I guess.

Elusive: This arc has been really strong so far. This glee teacher was great.

Shugomaru: made me feel weird reading it.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Jose posted:

I've struggled to keep up with what's happening in ragna crimson recently. Not sure if it's the weird release schedule or the art or both that's causing it

Its both

The art is good but god is it completely ubdecipherable at times

cisneros
Apr 18, 2006
It introduced a million characters this arc and then gave every single one of them a tragic death scene

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
It's def. gonna be an arc that's better to read in volumes rather than chapter-by-chapter.

Edit: Is there a reason some series are doing half-chapters now? The newest Ragna did it, Strange Fake has been doing it for a while too. Are they releasing shorter chapters more often and if it results in weird breaks that's just tough?

Pierson fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Mar 20, 2022

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Yeah, I always wait until there is at least 10 chapters and then read it at once (possibly also reading a previous chapter or two, as a refresher) and I didn't have any issues mentioned above. It's definitely a series that is worse when you read it just on chapter-by-chapter basis.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Akane-banashi: It's a nice chapter. The message here isn't really a unique one, and something that you'll see come up pretty often in a cooking manga, where a skilled but inexperienced/arrogant chef will just do things their way without showing regard for the people eating it and their tastes/health/etc. and end up losing a match or getting humbled. But it's pretty interesting to see it from a manga revolving around the performance of an art. Like, in cooking battle manga, the cooking matches are a show, but ultimately it's the judges who decide who wins based on how the dishes taste, so the performance is generally just a sidepiece to the actual meat (heh) of the battle. Anyways, I wonder how Akane's dad would have worked around an audience like this - would he have also made the same mistakes as Akane (given that her style is primarily based off his)? Though, given that Shinta was the previous head pupil, probably not. Anyways I'm still super into this manga, it's great, and I want to see what her 4 seniors perform like.

Ayashimon: Man, that dude stopping just before colliding with the wall into Maruo just loving breaking it himself was great.

Elusive Samurai: Our boy's learning, but also, there's no way you're killing that dude, Fubuki.

Mashle: Cream puffs. Also, wow, did a antagonist just die?????

Roboco: I love the "Bondo turns useless without Jump" chapters. They mirror how I felt without my One Piece fix last week. I managed to wear pants every day, though, so maybe I've got it more together than Bondo.

Sakamoto Days: Hell yeah, good as always!

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Mashle: Cream puffs. Also, wow, did a antagonist just die?????

Roboco: I love the "Bondo turns useless without Jump" chapters. They mirror how I felt without my One Piece fix last week. I managed to wear pants every day, though, so maybe I've got it more together than Bondo.

Or maybe you have friends like Gorilla and Motsuo and just didn't notice?

And yes, I think an antagonist died and isn't joining the friends group.

Although, now I have images of siscon, dad complex and a creampuff together in a room.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Darth TNT posted:

Or maybe you have friends like Gorilla and Motsuo and just didn't notice?

And yes, I think an antagonist died and isn't joining the friends group.

Although, now I have images of siscon, dad complex and a creampuff together in a room.

Don't forget the doll guy, he has a mom complex.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Speaking of which what the hell happened to the other dudes??????

The manga seemed to be setting everyone up on a 1 v 1 fight and in the end Mashle took down 3? or 4? by himself. And then the fast dude lost to the dadcon.