Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Solkanar512 posted:

Seriously, what the gently caress was that??

What did he say, I tune him out as my brain can only handle either him or Brundle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Sombrerotron posted:

Williams overtaking McLaren, whoof

mods pls change all the McLaren tags to 'poopaya bois' tia

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

what did crofty do? for those of us watching the good feed

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Mokotow posted:

If HAM goes 1-stop than he could be in play but it sounds like the track is eating rubber tonight
Given he's already 26 seconds behind Leclerc and we're not even past the half-way mark yet, I kind of doubt he'll have the pace to compete even then.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

what did crofty do? for those of us watching the good feed

He did some bizarre impression of Leclerc’s engineer that was offensive and weird.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/PHortonF1/status/1505569224273629184?t=DnEpQtaREJQvBxrfcO97Dw&s=19

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

first race doesn't count! mclaren are still sandbagging!

zhel
Aug 2, 2010

Mokotow posted:

If HAM goes 1-stop than he could be in play but it sounds like the track is eating rubber tonight

I don't think one stop will work but Sainz is asking about a possible 3 stop so Merc may get a 2 stop strategy that keeps them in it.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Vando posted:

mods pls change all the McLaren tags to 'poopaya bois' tia

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

He openly mocked the accent/manner of speaking of one of the engineers over the radio. It was pretty gross.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Wow that’s over 25% of the top 20 constructors in the world.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

the Anna Kournikova of cars

Looked great 20 years ago, now occupies no space in my mind?

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
I guess McLaren trying the one stop for Norris.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Looked great 20 years ago, now occupies no space in my mind?

Looks good, never wins

It’s hold ‘em poker slang for AK, but applies here as well

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

Modulo16 posted:

Aston Martin = new Haas. You heard it here first.

Of course. Stroll is in charge.

zhel
Aug 2, 2010

Leclerc needs to open this gap up more to prevent that undercut again.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

"the tires I wrecked are gone already" :qq:

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
Toto Christian my tires are gone!

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
lmao eat poo poo Max

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Skarsnik posted:

"the tires I wrecked are gone already" :qq:

So sad

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
Oo oo can Ricciardo manage to pass Latifi.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Can't watch live so am looking at live (ish) timings. What's the typical length of a pit stop this race? Wondering if anyone's going to two-stop and how that will shuffle the pack.

Edit: and right as I post that Hamilton comes in.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

Payndz posted:

Can't watch live so am looking at live (ish) timings. What's the typical length of a pit stop this race? Wondering if anyone's going to two-stop and how that will shuffle the pack.

3-3.6 seconds. They are talking about doing 3 stop. Lewis for example has already pitted twice

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Just insane strategy calls from Mercedes

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Payndz posted:

Red Bull merc and Ferrari were all a little over 3s

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

They really did build a clown car

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

"Max shouldn't try to overtake, because if it doesn't stick he will wear his tyres" and other hot takes from the smooth-brained Max haters.

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!

Payndz posted:

Basically everyone is two stopping. 3.5 for pit stops.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Payndz posted:

fastest I saw was Sharl sub 3 second, the rest I’ve seen have been in the 3’s

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Lewis is going to have wound up going shorter on his hards than Max went on his new softs

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

straight up brolic posted:

Just insane strategy calls from Mercedes

When I saw the mediums I figured they were gonna go three stop, this is quite a gamble.

Crameltonian
Mar 27, 2010
I get all my F1 news from this thread so had been assured that McLaren were going to dominate this year. Do the new regs mean that actually the goal is to come in last?

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Khablam posted:

"Max shouldn't try to overtake, because if it doesn't stick he will wear his tyres" and other hot takes from the smooth-brained Max haters.

lol

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Crameltonian posted:

I get all my F1 news from this thread so had been assured that McLaren were going to dominate this year. Do the new regs mean that actually the goal is to come in last?

Golf rules

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Crameltonian posted:

this must be how Mercedes read it when developing their new engine

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Khablam posted:

a legitimate WC would know to not do the same exact same thing 3 times and only come away with fried tires

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

fastest I saw was Sharl sub 3 second, the rest I’ve seen have been in the 3’s

think OP wants to know time delta not time stopped

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

2.5 pit from Ferrari holy poo poo

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
or a 2.5s pit stop now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zhel
Aug 2, 2010

That Ferrari pit stop may have saved it