Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

SG Bamboo posted:

TJPW Grand Princess March 19th
MOTYC
Hyper Misao vs "Hyper" Sanshiro Takagi
- Wrestling is Art

Maki Itoh (c) vs Yuki Arai - International Princess Championship
- Itoh is great and has developed so much in the last couple of years, but gently caress me Arai has it down. She's only had 30 matches but she knows how to accentuate her strengths to the fullest

Magical Sugar Rabbits (Yuka Sakazaki and Mizuki (c) vs DayDream (Miu Watanabe and Rika Tatsumi) - Princess Tag Championships
- Full throttle the entire time, everyone looked great. Especially Miu, because Miu is real strong

Miyu Yamashita (c) vs Shoko Nakajima - Princess of Princess Championship
- Two of the best in the company, the last two who were on TJPW's first show, and they have an absolute war

HM
Juria Nagano and Moka Miyamoto vs AriSuzu (Suzume and Arisu Endo)
- Great debut from Julia, she already has intensity and looked very comfortable in the ring

ASUKA vs Kamiyu
- Great match between best friends, just wish it were longer

Nodoka Tenma vs Yuki Aino
- Shut up I'm not crying you're crying

NEO Biishiki-gun (Samisama, Mei Saint-Michel, Yukio Saint-Laurent and Martha) vs Ram Kaicho, Raku, Pom Harujuku and Marika Kobashi
- The action wasn't much more than Bi-gun's greatest hits interspersed with hope spots, but goddamn the entrance was the toppest of top tiers.

Hikari Noa vs Hikaru Shida
- Hikari made Shida look like a monster here, Jesus

gently caress me this did not feel like a 4 and a half hour show, just breezed by

Nth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Purple Monkey
May 5, 2014

:phone:Hello

graph posted:

HM: Darby Allin v. The Butcher - AEW Rampage - 03/18/22

Nth

kaosAG
Oct 14, 2005

SG Bamboo posted:

TJPW Grand Princess March 19th
MOTYC
Hyper Misao vs "Hyper" Sanshiro Takagi
- Wrestling is Art

Maki Itoh (c) vs Yuki Arai - International Princess Championship
- Itoh is great and has developed so much in the last couple of years, but gently caress me Arai has it down. She's only had 30 matches but she knows how to accentuate her strengths to the fullest

Magical Sugar Rabbits (Yuka Sakazaki and Mizuki (c) vs DayDream (Miu Watanabe and Rika Tatsumi) - Princess Tag Championships
- Full throttle the entire time, everyone looked great. Especially Miu, because Miu is real strong

Miyu Yamashita (c) vs Shoko Nakajima - Princess of Princess Championship
- Two of the best in the company, the last two who were on TJPW's first show, and they have an absolute war

HM
Juria Nagano and Moka Miyamoto vs AriSuzu (Suzume and Arisu Endo)
- Great debut from Julia, she already has intensity and looked very comfortable in the ring

ASUKA vs Kamiyu
- Great match between best friends, just wish it were longer

Nodoka Tenma vs Yuki Aino
- Shut up I'm not crying you're crying

NEO Biishiki-gun (Samisama, Mei Saint-Michel, Yukio Saint-Laurent and Martha) vs Ram Kaicho, Raku, Pom Harujuku and Marika Kobashi
- The action wasn't much more than Bi-gun's greatest hits interspersed with hope spots, but goddamn the entrance was the toppest of top tiers.

Hikari Noa vs Hikaru Shida
- Hikari made Shida look like a monster here, Jesus

gently caress me this did not feel like a 4 and a half hour show, just breezed by

nth to all this

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
TJPW Grand Princess '22, 3/19
HM: Arisu Endo & Suzume vs Juria Nagano & Moka Miyamoto
HM: HARUKAZE, Moeka Haruhi, Yuna Manase & YuuRI vs Haruna Neko, Kaya Toribami, Mahiro Kiryu & Nao Kakuta
MOTYC: Hyper Misao vs Sanshiro Takagi
HM: ASUKA vs Yuki Kamifuku
HM: Nodoka Tenma vs Yuki Aino
MOTYC: NEO Biishiki-gun (Martha, Mei Saint-Michel, Sakisama & Yukio Saint Laurent) vs Marika Kobashi, Pom Harajuku, Raku & Ram Kaichow
HM: Hikari Noa vs Hikaru Shida
MOTYC: Maki Itoh(c) vs Yuki Arai - International Princess Championship
MOTYC: Magical Sugar Rabbits (Mizuki & Yuka Sakazaki)(c) vs Miu Watanabe & Rika Tatsumi - Princess Tag Team Championships
MOTYC: Miyu Yamashita(c) vs Shoko Nakajima - Princess of Princess Championship

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

DDT Judgement March 20th
MOTYC
37KAMIINA (Shunma Katsumata and Yuki Ueno) vs Isami Kodaka and Yukio Sakaguchi
- This match loving rocked, the highlight was definitely the Sakaguchi/Ueno segments but all four guys worked very hard

Daisuke Sasaki (c) vs Jun Kasai vs MAO - DDT Universal Championship
- Utter insanity, DDT hardcore matches are always a great time

DisasterBox (HARASHIMA and Naomi Yoshimura) (c) vs CDK (Chris Brookes and Masahiro Takanashi) - KO-D Tag Team Championships
- Absolute madmen, all four of these guys are awesome

Konosuke Takeshita (c) vs Tetsuya Endo - KO-D Openweight Championship
- These are two of the best wrestlers in the world. loving hell this was exhausting to watch in the best way

HM
Maya Yukihi vs Saki Akai
- Yukihi is rad, she's been real great since she joined the roster

Burning Wild (Jun Akiyama and Takao Omori) vs Eruption (Kazusada Higuchi and Hideki Okatani)
- Grizzled old fucks and the young guns who want to beat them down

Goddamn top of the card DDT can go toe to toe with any promotion on Earth. Fantastic stuff

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

SG Bamboo posted:

DDT Judgement March 20th
MOTYC
- This match loving rocked, the highlight was definitely the Sakaguchi/Ueno segments but all four guys worked very hard

DisasterBox (HARASHIMA and Naomi Yoshimura) (c) vs CDK (Chris Brookes and Masahiro Takanashi) - KO-D Tag Team Championships

- These are two of the best wrestlers in the world. loving hell this was exhausting to watch in the best way

HM
Maya Yukihi vs Saki Akai

Burning Wild (Jun Akiyama and Takao Omori) vs Eruption (Kazusada Higuchi and Hideki Okatani)

Goddamn top of the card DDT can go toe to toe with any promotion on Earth. Fantastic stuff

Nth to all of these. What a show.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Ahhh man, I somehow thought it was a NOAH show tonight and didn't bother watching :doh:

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

SG Bamboo posted:

DDT Judgement March 20th
MOTYC

HM
Maya Yukihi vs Saki Akai

nth

NOAH in the mud with the quality of these matches and booking

Watch the main for world-class championship wrestling but make sure to catch the hardcore three way match for amazing in ring storytelling

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

HM: Tetsuya Naito vs. Jeff Cobb - NJPW New Japan Cup 3/20

Man this was good, and it is great seeing Naito getting more in the dickbag LIJ persona again. Plus, you know, Cobb STRONK! etc!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jerusalem posted:

Ahhh man, I somehow thought it was a NOAH show tonight and didn't bother watching :doh:

WMOTYC: J-Ru vs. Timekeeping, PSP, 2022

This feud has been going for years now

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Jerusalem posted:

Nah, the NOAH show today is pretaped, going up on Wednesday. No Fujita or Kashin so it should actually be a pretty good show

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Man this was good, and it is great seeing Naito getting more in the dickbag LIJ persona again. Plus, you know, Cobb STRONK! etc!

I was there and a Naito mark so biased but MOTYC for me

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

I was there and a Naito mark

You're the one who chanted during his intro song :argh:

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Penguin Patrol posted:

TJPW Grand Princess '22, 3/19
HM: Arisu Endo & Suzume vs Juria Nagano & Moka Miyamoto
HM: HARUKAZE, Moeka Haruhi, Yuna Manase & YuuRI vs Haruna Neko, Kaya Toribami, Mahiro Kiryu & Nao Kakuta
MOTYC: Hyper Misao vs Sanshiro Takagi
HM: ASUKA vs Yuki Kamifuku
HM: Nodoka Tenma vs Yuki Aino
MOTYC: NEO Biishiki-gun (Martha, Mei Saint-Michel, Sakisama & Yukio Saint Laurent) vs Marika Kobashi, Pom Harajuku, Raku & Ram Kaichow
HM: Hikari Noa vs Hikaru Shida
MOTYC: Maki Itoh(c) vs Yuki Arai - International Princess Championship
MOTYC: Magical Sugar Rabbits (Mizuki & Yuka Sakazaki)(c) vs Miu Watanabe & Rika Tatsumi - Princess Tag Team Championships
MOTYC: Miyu Yamashita(c) vs Shoko Nakajima - Princess of Princess Championship

NTH. This show was insanely good.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
DDT Judgement 3/20
HM: Maya Yukihi vs Saki Akai
HM: Sanshiro Takagi Vs Michael Nakazawa - No DQ “I’m Sorry” Match
HM: 37KAMIINA (Shunma Katsumata and Yuki Ueno) vs Isami Kodaka and Yukio Sakaguchi
HM: LiLiCo, Ryohei Odai & Akito vs Pheromones (Danshoku “Dandy” Dieno, Yuki “Sexy” Iino & Yumehito “Fantastic” Imanari) - LiLiCo Retirement Match
HM: Burning Wild (Jun Akiyama and Takao Omori) vs Eruption (Kazusada Higuchi and Hideki Okatani)
MOTYC: Daisuke Sasaki (c) vs Jun Kasai vs MAO - DDT Universal Championship
MOTYC: DisasterBox (HARASHIMA and Naomi Yoshimura) (c) vs CDK (Chris Brookes and Masahiro Takanashi) - KO-D Tag Team Championships
MOTYC: Konosuke Takeshita (c) vs Tetsuya Endo - KO-D Openweight Championship

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

MOTYC: Buddy Matthews vs Ren Narita. New Japan Strong: Rivals, March 19

I know, I know, it's a MOTYC nomination for a match on Strong. how good could it actually be? Really loving good. Up there with the main events on today's DDT show for me. Matthews has strength, conditioning, and skill. Narita is Shibata 2.0, with the best training in the world behind him. This starts off with Matthews condescending to Narita, and then at about the five minute mark, Narita just starts loving with his head, forcing Matthews to actually take him seriously. Excellent, skillful duel between someone entering his absolute prime and the future of New Japan.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

HM
18th March
SEAdLINNNG Shin-Kiba Night
High Speed Match
ASUKA vs Kaori Yoneyama vs Yoshiko

A blast, just total nonsense in the most pleasant way. SEAd High Speed matches always pop me.

HM
18th March
Asahi, Hiroyo Matsumoto & Itsuki Aoki vs Arisa Nakajima, Hanako Nakamori & Tsukasa Fujimoto

Really good Trios Match, well balanced with a bit of comedy but also the requisite stiffness, like Nakajima's vicious double stomp from the top rope. Finishing stretch between Arisa & Asahi was great.

MOTYC
18th March
Riko Kaiju vs Riko Kawahata

Great stiff strikes, bags of intensity, can't ask for more really, really elevated both of them and they should that despite both basically still being rookies they earned this main event

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Lamuella posted:

I know, I know, it's a MOTYC nomination for a match on Strong. how good could it actually be? Really loving good. Up there with the main events on today's DDT show for me. Matthews has strength, conditioning, and skill. Narita is Shibata 2.0, with the best training in the world behind him. This starts off with Matthews condescending to Narita, and then at about the five minute mark, Narita just starts loving with his head, forcing Matthews to actually take him seriously. Excellent, skillful duel between someone entering his absolute prime and the future of New Japan.

I was going to to with HM but it was on the cusp of MOTYC so I'll second. My favorite match on Strong since Eddie/Gabe Kidd.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

WMOTYC
9th March
NJPW New Japan Cup Night 4
Dick Togo vs Hirooki Goto

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz so loving done with this poo poo. When Chris on commentary mentioned his final in the Global Junior League I just got sad because Togo was so good in that as well :(

HM
9th March
NJPW New Japan Cup Night 4
CIMA vs Yoshinobu Kanemaru

Where as this is also featuring veteran juniors but ones who don't let bullshit get in the way of cool wrestling. It's great that Nobu got this chance, it's far too rare we get to see him break out in a singles match like this. CIMA did a great job selling here which made the big comeback all the more joyful.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

graph posted:

HM: Darby Allin v. The Butcher - AEW Rampage - 03/18/22

nth

HM: Alan Angels, Colt Cabana & Evil Uno vs. Brandon Cutler, Matt Jackson & Nick Jackson, AEW Dark 3/15

Punch McLightning fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Mar 21, 2022

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

HM: Hiromu Takahashi vs. Shingo Takagi - NJPW New Japan Cup 3/21
Great match but not the result I ultimately wanted (even though I predicted it!)

MOTYC: Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Will Ospreay - NJPW New Japan Cup 3/21
Great match and not the result I expected but YESSSSS!!!!

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

Great match but not the result I ultimately wanted (even though I predicted it!)

Nth. The second was every bit as good as their York Hall match 2 years ago

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Jerusalem posted:

Nth

I'll also Nth the motyc for narita v Mathews from strong

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah

Sooper Gila
Apr 23, 2014

Love
Peace
and Harmony

Jerusalem posted:

Nth to both of these, though first was pretty close on the borderline to MOTYC for me, especially the last five minutes or so.

ZSJ vs William the Wankerer might be my favorite match I've seen this year and I'm not at all enthusiastic about Ospreay's heel persona. Generally I only get into his heavyweight matches when someone out powers and beats the dogpiss out of him Okada or Shingostyle, otherwise his obnoxiousness often tunes me out of the story. Zack's a god among insects to style this match the way he did.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
24th February
Marvelous Colorful World #3
AAAW Tag Team Title League B Block
Itsuki Aoki & Rin Kadokura vs Makoto & Maria

Well worth looking this up

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

nth to both

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Jerusalem posted:

Agreed, both great for different reasons

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Ariya Daivari & Invictus Khash vs. Top Flight, AEW Dark March 15

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Jerusalem posted:

Watched them both because of Big Dave gushing over them, was not disappointed, nthing.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

AJPW Champions Night 3 March 21st
MOTYC
Ryuki Honda vs Shotaro Ashino
- gently caress yeah, this was a rad as hell last man standing match between former tag partners. A couple of real gnarly bumps and the match didn't outstay it's welcome and get too masturbatory as LMS are wont to do

Kento Miyahara (c) vs Shuji Ishikawa - Triple Crown
- Fantastic stuff, just a classic David vs Goliath matchup. I'll need to remember to link this when it shows up on bilibili or vk to give New Japan watchers a taste of Kento before the crossover show

HM
Hikaru Sato (c) vs Hokuto Omori - PWF World Junior Heavyweight Title
- I enjoy Omori as part of his team with Kodama, but he was real good here as a singles guy. Sato was cool as always

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
HM: Top Flight vs. Chaos Project - AEW Dark Elevation - 03/21/22

chaos project continues to be the best

HM: Dark Order vs. The Factory - AEW Dark Elevation - 03/21/22

real good imo

graph fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Mar 22, 2022

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

AJPW Champions Night 3 March 21st
MOTYC
Ryuki Honda vs Shotaro Ashino
- gently caress yeah, this was a rad as hell last man standing match between former tag partners. A couple of real gnarly bumps and the match didn't outstay it's welcome and get too masturbatory as LMS are wont to do

Kento Miyahara (c) vs Shuji Ishikawa - Triple Crown
- Fantastic stuff, just a classic David vs Goliath matchup. I'll need to remember to link this when it shows up on bilibili or vk to give New Japan watchers a taste of Kento before the crossover show

HM
Hikaru Sato (c) vs Hokuto Omori - PWF World Junior Heavyweight Title
- I enjoy Omori as part of his team with Kodama, but he was real good here as a singles guy. Sato was cool as always

2nd. Honda is gonna be the youngest Triple Crown champion ever and I am fully behind it

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Jerusalem posted:

graph posted:

HM: Dark Order vs. The Factory - AEW Dark Elevation - 03/21/22

nth

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Lamuella posted:

Jerusalem posted:

Nth

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
11th March
AEW Rampage
Jamie Hayter vs Mercedes Martinez

This match deserved a better finish and these women deserved more time but oh well, at least the match we got was still one of the better women's matches in the history of the promotion. I just hope Hayter actually gets a chance unencumbered by Britt eventually.

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler
HM
Joey Janela vs Barry Horowitz - WrestlePro March 19, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rahVjLx_V8c

The match starts out slow with Barry slowly getting back into wrestling, but once it picks up it becomes a really entertaining Janelafest.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

Jerusalem posted:

nth.

everything I want from pro wrestling. Immaculate. Watch this match.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

A bit late but yes nth agreed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

Oil! posted:

HM
Joey Janela vs Barry Horowitz - WrestlePro March 19, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rahVjLx_V8c

The match starts out slow with Barry slowly getting back into wrestling, but once it picks up it becomes a really entertaining Janelafest.

2nd.

Pro wrestling is a dumb sport and this was totally dumb (in a good way).