Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Troy Queef posted:

Which is worse: the US playing in sub-zero conditions, or this: https://twitter.com/danieljwheeler2/status/1489104680374394880?s=21

Definitely that. Not like US Soccer concealed the fact that the match would be in Minnesota.

Shrapnig posted:

Are we done with Gyasi Zardes yet?

Every game he plays the US looks bad, well worse, than they do without him.

It would really help if any of our #9 options had any sort of form to speak of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Zardes will always be in the picture for as long as he's still playing and Berhalter is in charge.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
I feel like it should be US' gimmick to play wherever in the country is the least hospitable for any given window

deep winter? Minnesota
mid summer? Death Valley
completely normal day any other time of the year? Philly

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Omnikin posted:

I feel like it should be US' gimmick to play wherever in the country is the least hospitable for any given window

deep winter? Minnesota
mid summer? Death Valley
completely normal day any other time of the year? Philly

Why do you think we keep scheduling games in Columbus?

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Troy Queef posted:

Which is worse: the US playing in sub-zero conditions, or this: https://twitter.com/danieljwheeler2/status/1489104680374394880?s=21

apparently they had it less than 25 days ago and have recovered so they still test positive, and FIFA and CONCACAF were aware and approved it

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Shrapnig posted:

gregg likes him and no one else is giving much cause to force him out.

maybe Sargent will score a couple more and get back in the mix. hopefully pepi finds some form at Augsburg before the next window. MLS being back in season should help in general, as well

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

is pefok out of form with young boys? i always expect him to get a call up and it doesn't happen

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Feast or famine of late for him iirc, but I’d much rather see what we’ve got with players like him or dike against a country like Honduras

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Dike's hamstring exploded on his debut at West Brom or he surely would have been in for this round of qualifiers.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Doctor Teeth posted:

is pefok out of form with young boys? i always expect him to get a call up and it doesn't happen

gregg doesnt seem to like his overall game, in that he can finish crosses and such but doesnt contribute much else. its also not like hes playing against the highest competition

personally i think hes a great off the bench option for the US, someone who can come on late and finish a set piece seems a lot more useful than gyasi zardes. but gregg doesnt seem too interested in him generally

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

whypick1 posted:

Definitely that. Not like US Soccer concealed the fact that the match would be in Minnesota.

Yeah, also Iceland exists so it's not like this never happens otherwise.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Shrapnig posted:

Dike's hamstring exploded on his debut at West Brom or he surely would have been in for this round of qualifiers.

That happened after he was left off the roster this round.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Shrapnig posted:

Zardez Nuts I tellsya!

Also, that Mexico pen against Panama was the softest, shittiest ever but lol.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

whypick1 posted:

That happened after he was left off the roster this round.

How exactly did that happen when the squads were announced on the 21st and Daryl Dike played, and was injured, on the 22nd?

E: pretend I quoted shrap because I don’t know computers

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

That's OK, reading is hard.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
https://twitter.com/CPLsoccer/status/1491774006759931907?t=8Sex7UCanBepjrjPRojtqA&s=19

:feelsgood:

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Pouuuuuu ......................Tine!

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Hopefully we're still a country by the time Qatar gets here.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

https://twitter.com/CanadaSoccerEN/status/1494720506007855105?t=mQsNQN9A0g_X6jjSmLgQwA&s=19

Toronto goons, good luck getting tickets lol

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

ok with mckennie out how about this:

play aaronson as a central attacking midfielder as it's his best position. that lets gregg have pulisic, pepi, weah and aaronson on the pitch at the same time

i know it doesn't fit the precious "system" but it does fit a better system: playing your best players at their preferred position

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Doctor Teeth posted:

play aaronson as a central attacking midfielder as it's his best position. that lets gregg have pulisic, pepi, weah and aaronson on the pitch at the same time

i know it doesn't fit the precious "system" but it does fit a better system: playing your best players at their preferred position

i mean that would be ok i guess but its more likely he slots in either Acosta or LDLT for Mckennie with rotation over the 3 game window. Maybe Busio or (ugh) Lleget in that mix too.

i think the case for moving one of the wings to midfield is better if we have all of pulisic/weah/aaronson/reyna available, reyna seems uncertain at best right now though

JayMax
Jun 14, 2007

Hard-nosed gentleman
Holy poo poo they actually did it.

e: wait this isn't the CCL thread

JayMax fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Feb 25, 2022

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

US roster for the final qualifying window (@MEX, PAN, @CRC):

GOALKEEPERS (3)
Ethan Horvath – Nottingham Forest
Sean Johnson – New York City FC
Zack Steffen – Manchester City

DEFENDERS (9)
Reggie Cannon – Boavista
Sergi๑o Dest – Barcelona
Aaron Long – New York Red Bulls
Erik Palmer-Brown – Troyes
Antonee Robinson – Fulham
Miles Robinson – Atlanta United
James Sands – Rangers
DeAndre Yedlin – Inter Miami CF
Walker Zimmerman – Nashville SC

MIDFIELDERS (6)
Kellyn Acosta – LAFC
Tyler Adams – RB Leipzig
Gianluca Busio – Venezia
Luca de la Torre – Heracles
Yunus Musah – Valencia
Cristian Roldan – Seattle Sounders FC

FORWARDS (9)
Brenden Aaronson – Red Bull Salzburg
Paul Arriola – FC Dallas
Jes๚s Ferreira – FC Dallas
Jordan Morris – Seattle Sounders FC
Jordan Pefok – Young Boys
Ricardo Pepi – Augsburg
Christian Pulisic – Chelsea
Gio Reyna – Borussia Dortmund
Tim Weah – Lille

Reminder that Turner and McKennie are both out injured. Surprised Dest is on there since he came off injured just yesterday. Cue griping from the Eurosnobs that Arriola and Roldan are on the roster (but no Lletget...Berhalter must've seen that PK attempt from yesterday).

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

whypick1 posted:

Reminder that Turner and McKennie are both out injured. Surprised Dest is on there since he came off injured just yesterday. Cue griping from the Eurosnobs that Arriola and Roldan are on the roster (but no Lletget...Berhalter must've seen that PK attempt from yesterday).

dest got hurt a couple hours ago, i dont think its confirmed yet but berhalter all but said hes out on sportscenter. he name checked bello, scally, vines, or moore as replacements

otherwise, its a pretty unsurprising list. Erik palmer brown a bit surprising but shrug. i probably would have brought sargent over morris but other than that, best available

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Like to see Pefok get a go

Backdoor Delivery
Nov 15, 2004

one cool dude

2 Time TRP Sack Race Champion
Bring in Scally for injured Dest, and yes, start Pefok

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

G-Hawk posted:

dest got hurt a couple hours ago, i dont think its confirmed yet but berhalter all but said hes out on sportscenter. he name checked bello, scally, vines, or moore as replacements

Bello being brought in as the replacement.

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

it's goofy that brooks isn't in the squad. well that's my opinion on the squad thanks for reading

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

I think Yedlin is a disaster waiting to happen, so hopefully he rides pine. That's my Ted forecast.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Team Canada, Slayer of the USMNT and El Tri.....save you the time in looking sigh....no Alphonso Davies :(https://twitter.com/CanadaSoccerEN/status/1505648026395852805?t=kaVTqaFMSdfhqCAcWi4rlw&s=19

Also Kone can get his first cap lets goooo

stab fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Mar 20, 2022

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I can confirm that CBS Sports Network will air Mexico/USA, but I can't confirm they will air Costa Rica/USA.

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

Doctor Teeth posted:

nevermind!

https://twitter.com/TaylorTwellman/status/1505972370372182024

stab
Feb 12, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUL5NgD4O9A

Is it Thursday yet letttsss gooooo

stab
Feb 12, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ya8GPUcgPog

Is it thursday yet?!?!?!

Hell yeah fn introspectives on a crazy rear end improbable run lets go

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I don’t trust that graphic because it doesn’t call it THE OCTOGON.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

It's crazy that El Salvador still has a chance.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Game day let's gooooooo

Also lol usa mexico at azteca this thread will explode

https://twitter.com/CanadaSoccerEN/status/1507009838689054727?t=BxIv5aGD0eR8TSzo71ErJQ&s=19

Come on boys, get Atiba to the big dance tonight!

stab fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Mar 24, 2022

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

go canadada tonight. also honduras i guess

would be thrilled with a draw at azteca. mexico hasn't exactly been so hot lately. no idea what kind of side berhalter is going to put out there - i do know usmnt twitter will be foaming at the mouth regardless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stab
Feb 12, 2003

G-Hawk posted:

go canadada tonight. also honduras i guess

would be thrilled with a draw at azteca. mexico hasn't exactly been so hot lately. no idea what kind of side berhalter is going to put out there - i do know usmnt twitter will be foaming at the mouth regardless.

Also go mexico :d2a:

https://twitter.com/timandfriends/status/1506779733299810307?t=Nl9xoU2CRotU2C038eKVRw&s=19

Great video of the demons of the last 36 loving years that can be exorcised tonight