Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
This is a weird as hell lever to add to the game. I don't hate it (especially cos nothing Idoneth got on there, ya boo sucks to be you), but it's going to warp army building in a real weird way. Also if the Prime Hunter armies are too weak to even take a dragon off the table then this doesn't actually help them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Definitely seems targeted to reduce Behemat dominance, imo.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
I'd honestly prefer widespread nerfs

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I'm not sure where else to ask this but... whatever happened to the Chaos Dwarves during/after the WFB End Times? Did they join up with a different dwarf faction, are they just partying it up with Hastut now and making weapons for the forces of Chaos? Did they all get eaten by a passing Tyranid hivefleet?

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Got turned into a Forge World only faction, their lore is up in the air right now, but it’s been confirmed they still exist in AoS, with mentions of them trading with the Kruleboyz in the new orruk book. Rumor has it they’re getting a big relaunch at some point.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Mors Rattus posted:

Definitely seems targeted to reduce Behemat dominance, imo.

Sons are kind of a solved problem in competitive play tbh. They can still mop up at local store events and stuff but they almost never win larger events and are becoming increasingly scarce in the top 4. They're definitely a gatekeeper army but plenty of stuff can deal with them now if their opponent is smart enough not to split damage. This potentially works out to 4 VP for killing each mega-gargant if you're running a Prime Hunter army, which honestly might be enough to stick a fork in Sons as a genuinely competitive faction.

This is an interesting approach - winning on VP while getting tabled can definitely happen and this makes it more likely, but I'm not sure that feels very satisfying for either player.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
I'm legit thinking of getting out at this point, not because of the rules update but because I'm kind of fed up of carting around a heavy, unwieldy bag to transport my minis for a game I only play once a month and don't actually have that much fun with. I then also have to figure out how to store this case in my new flat, a feat I'm not sure I care to do right now. I'm not sure if I'm really asking for advice or anything here. I'm just sort of venting.

Wotsnik
Sep 28, 2005
Just because you can see it, doesn't mean it's not invisible.
The new update is so all over the place in terms of what real effect it has on attempting to help/hinder certain things. The fact that it exists in this form is only more annoying because it is 100% to make sure they don't disrupt their printed points in GHB and to satiate their crippling aversion to actually changing printed rules text where it needs to be.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

The Deleter posted:

I'm legit thinking of getting out at this point, not because of the rules update but because I'm kind of fed up of carting around a heavy, unwieldy bag to transport my minis for a game I only play once a month and don't actually have that much fun with. I then also have to figure out how to store this case in my new flat, a feat I'm not sure I care to do right now. I'm not sure if I'm really asking for advice or anything here. I'm just sort of venting.

That's fair. You should only take part if you enjoy it after all.

Danimo
Jul 2, 2005

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Sons are kind of a solved problem in competitive play tbh. They can still mop up at local store events and stuff but they almost never win larger events and are becoming increasingly scarce in the top 4. They're definitely a gatekeeper army but plenty of stuff can deal with them now if their opponent is smart enough not to split damage. This potentially works out to 4 VP for killing each mega-gargant if you're running a Prime Hunter army, which honestly might be enough to stick a fork in Sons as a genuinely competitive faction.

The Prime Hunters are all factions that Sons have been heavily favored to beat and I think it really only moves the needle slightly in the OBR matchup. Gitz and Bonesplitters lists with Kragnos could actually be kinda tough already and now are kinda nightmares.

What is actually going to hurt Sons is good Stormcast/Seraphon/DoK players that are careful about which units get the killing blows on megas. Those matchups were already close but the first two might just be fully bad now and DoK flips from slightly favored in my experience to just terrible (The Shadow Queen and melee snakes will get those points easy)

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

Ban-thing the man-things.
Posting this here and in the Specialty Games thread, but I just want everyone to know that in my Soulbound campaign, my sister is playing a Spite Revenant named "The Taking Tree".

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

sasha_d3ath posted:

Posting this here and in the Specialty Games thread, but I just want everyone to know that in my Soulbound campaign, my sister is playing a Spite Revenant named "The Taking Tree".

My guess is that it’s very creepy?

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

Always could have been "the hanging tree"

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

Ban-thing the man-things.
No Shel Silverstein fans in the AoS fandom?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

sasha_d3ath posted:

Sadly I don't even know who that is.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Hahaha, yeah, I had to Google that name.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

These posts have made me feel very old.

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018

sasha_d3ath posted:

I only know of it because of this

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

IncredibleIgloo posted:

These posts have made me feel very old.

drat, seriously.

For the record I got the Giving Tree joke and thought it was pretty good :)

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

https://www.somethingawful.com/photoshop-phriday/childrens-books/1/
a classic, third image down

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018
any news on a new skaven tome? google says no but im hoping someone is here is dialed in,

i am a hair away from hard comitting and buying Thanquol and Boneraker

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Wasn't on the roadmap that extended to the fall so nothing soon.

Vvv oh, ok, I thought those were an updated 'generic' Order/Chaos tome not specific armies.

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Mar 21, 2022

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Not entirely true as they teased a chaos tome for a summer release and people have pointed out the wording for "Chaos-flavoured mischief" could sorta hint that it could be Skaven, as a group of rats is called a mischief.

abravemoose
Jul 2, 2021
Stormcast Sequitors. Normally paint full units but I'm counting it being the whole easy-to-build box.

Miles O'Brian
May 22, 2006

All we have to lose is our chains
Honestwargamer said the tomes will be Skaven and Sylvaneth. I believe him

Though I'm a bit sad because it almost certainly means that Skaven wont be getting the big revamp of my dreams and just the usual 1 hero model

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I’d love for new Acolytes box but it seems unlikely. Hopefully they at least get a full mechanical overhaul so they stop trying to be five different armies and failing.

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

For what it's worth on the Skaven stuff, the manager at the New Orleans GW told me something to the effect that Skaven (or clan pestilense or whatever) are getting folded into the Nurgle book or something like that. I wasn't really clear on what he was talking about since I was juggling my son playing with a chainsword and trying to buy stuff but basically what he said was that the end result is not having to take a million Clanrats in Skaven anymore.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

EdsTeioh posted:

For what it's worth on the Skaven stuff, the manager at the New Orleans GW told me something to the effect that Skaven (or clan pestilense or whatever) are getting folded into the Nurgle book or something like that. I wasn't really clear on what he was talking about since I was juggling my son playing with a chainsword and trying to buy stuff but basically what he said was that the end result is not having to take a million Clanrats in Skaven anymore.

He lied to you, Nurgle came out last year and can ally Pestilens in but is not in the book.

(Specifically, Pestilens units can be taken by Nurgle as one in every four units.)

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

Mors Rattus posted:

He lied to you, Nurgle came out last year and can ally Pestilens in but is not in the book.

(Specifically, Pestilens units can be taken by Nurgle as one in every four units.)

This was like a month ago. I know F all about either of those factions, so take that for what it is. Nice guy otherwise though.

Actual content: I know Black Knights suck but boy do I love running them and invariably have them actually get poo poo done. You guys have any sub par units that consistently perform?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

maybe this thread can help me----trying to figure out what model this is, cannot figure out if this Chaos Lord is entirely custom or not:

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

No idea but I did find the source for it:
https://twitter.com/tamthethird/status/1152326732290170880

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"
It's the dude from the StD chariot, I think with a weapon swap.

Edit: not even, that's straight out of the kit

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
A while ago I was wondering if there was a chaos warrior model you could throw on a disc to make a custom version of this guy and... There it is

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Ristolaz posted:

A while ago I was wondering if there was a chaos warrior model you could throw on a disc to make a custom version of this guy and... There it is

Lots of people just use Ahriman with some bits from Tzaangors or Acolytes. They are the same price and the base is the same size as well.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Mar 22, 2022

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018

EdsTeioh posted:

i mean you've never really needed to, since the first time I met a skaven player he was using stormfiends as his battle line. im not sure if that was legal, I have yet to play AoS outside of my demo games

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Clan Skyre can take them as Battleline. I don't know if it's any good.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Vulpes Vulpes posted:

It's the dude from the StD chariot, I think with a weapon swap.

Edit: not even, that's straight out of the kit

Ah I see it now, thanks!

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Champions of Destruction for Soulbound is out.

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/produc...20the%20realms!

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Adepticon Stream starts in less than 10 minutes.
https://www.twitch.tv/warhammer

Edit:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/03/24/a-mad-scientist-and-his-harrowdeep-warband-are-creating-a-spark-at-adepticon
First up is the Underworlds warband that was teased last week. They look okay if anything.

Cooked Auto fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Mar 24, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Necrach Style Vampire.