Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drunkencarp
Feb 14, 2012

All society, even horoscope writers, are just pretending hospitalized COVID patients do not exist any more. AGC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Alhazred posted:

Trans men are cute tomboys hijacked by Big Trans Movement.

Sounds like a cover band and I now want their T-Shirt.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Observer:

"Will China come to Putin’s aid? – As the Russian leader wages his bloody war, Xi Jinping bides his time"
Bonus! An evil bear, a tinpot Churchill, a vile virus… My sketch show for our times by Chris Riddell

Sunday Telegraph:

In a £10,500 Italian designer coat, a limping Vladimir Putin tries to rally his people

Fury greets Boris Johnson’s claim Ukraine fight is like Brexit

Matt:

Sunday Times:

Mail on Sunday:

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Today’s Sinfest is like Ishida saying “This very sexy thing I am drawing is wrong.”

Also, we assume the basic calculation of an 85 year lifespan linearly spread over 365 days, she is JUST over 18 today. So uh, nice work drawing that barely legal striptease, dude.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
I've said before, but I always got the impression Stantis figured this sort of exchange was on par with Lewis Carroll and the conversations with Tweedledee and Tweedledum. But he has a child's understanding of what made their confusing, contradictory dialog amusing to begin with, so literally all he writes, over and over for hundreds of strips, is this loving gray oatmeal of "Yes with no? But also no with yes! Ooh, what amusing banter I've created!!!"
Shut the gently caress up Stantis, you're not Watterson and you're sure as hell not Carroll.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

quote:

SNIFF! WHAT’S THAT SMELL? HUNTER’S LAPTOP RETURNS

It’s not ‘Russian disinformation.’ It’s real. It has always been real.

The laptop proves the Bidens are corrupt. It shows our security agencies are corrupt. It shows our media is corrupt.—they will lie to protect candidates assigned by the Deep State Swamp.

The FBI and CIA protect that swamp as well. They have become politicized. They sat on the laptop and did nothing because they wanted to help the sleaze bag that is Joe Biden. Twitter, Facebook, and the establishment media are censorious liars. They cannot be trusted. They banned countless people because they wanted to exercise their free speech and discuss the laptop during an election year. Social media certainly won’t apologize for banning real journalists who wanted to cover the sordid contents found on the laptop.

The laptop proves that Hunter was kicking 10 percent of the bribes he received from Ukraine and China up to the ‘big guy.’ His father. A Democrat-controlled Congress will do nothing about it. The Biden DOJ will do nothing about it. The corporate media is part of the Deep State Swamp. They will not investigate it. If they do mention it, they’ll probably once again blame it on Putin.

When Joe got his party’s nomination I remember a political analyst on CNN tell a blatant lie. He confidently said Joe Biden’s reputation is ‘as clean as a whistle.’ I laughed out loud. He obviously ignored how Biden’s brother cashed in on pre-arranged business deals thanks to Dirty Joe pulling political strings. Joe made sure Hunter raked in millions of dollars and even saw to it that a Ukrainian prosecutor investigating his son was fired. Joe is a habitual liar and the very face of political corruption. Hunter’s laptop only underlines that fact. Of course, the mainstream corporate media did the same for Obama. They ignored or covered up all of his many scandals and then began saying his administration was ’scandal free.’ It was anything but.

We can’t trust our government. We can’t trust corporate media. We can’t trust social media. We can’t trust Big Pharma. We can’t trust what many educators are teaching our children. We can’t trust the military industrial complex. We can’t trust what they’re putting in our food, air, and water. We especially can’t trust the Federal Reserve and the central banks.

Aside from God, there’s not much left of our country that we can trust.

— Ben Garrison

Because there was no way Ben wasn't gonna chime in on :supaburn: they found the laptop!!! :supaburn:

Skios
Oct 1, 2021

Neito posted:

Trans men don't exist to these bigots.

There was this one trans male teenager in Texas high school wrestling. Because it was Texas, he was forced to compete in the female divisions. His picture is often held up as THIS IS THE FUTURE LIBERALS WANT.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Raised By Birds posted:

Because there was no way Ben wasn't gonna chime in on :supaburn: they found the laptop!!! :supaburn:

Someone call the ADL.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Anthony Weiner is snorting Biden!

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

The laptop story was bullshit when it happened and turned into nothing why are they dredging it up now? Is it simply because of Russia invading Ukraine so Hunter Biden running child harvesting labs or whatever the QAnon thing was with Hunter and Ukraine as an excuse for Trump withholding aid from Ukraine until they invented some phony corruption charge against Hunter for Trump’s campaign to use just popping up again

Dr. VooDoo fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Mar 20, 2022

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Only tangentially related to political cartoons and a discussion a couple of weeks back, but remember when the person looking back through Sinfest on Twitter posted the one comic about surrogate parents, and someone asked what was wrong with surrogate parents? I said that I thought it was probably just a weird thing only Ishida cared about, but after looking at the comments on a post about how the right is furious that Dave Rubin has adopted kids, I found out that no, this is actually a thing.

https://twitter.com/MargoCatholic/status/1504984197102022659

https://twitter.com/McAllisterDen/status/1504982362899329036

https://twitter.com/Elysian_Doe/status/1504955922858364929

https://twitter.com/NurseHeather10/status/1505174316140408839

https://twitter.com/Grace4Kids2/status/1504981162791428100

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

It might have worked if they didn't release pictures of his hog.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

They dress it up in a lot of words but the anti-surrogate thing is really just “it lets the gays have kids!” and the anti-surrogate are also against same sex couples adopting because it “violates natural law”

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Broelman:

Peter Malinauskas to become premier as Labor pulls off stunning victory in South Australian election (ABC).

Rowe:

There are now only two Liberal state premiers, Dominic Perrottet (NSW) and Peter Gutwein (Tasmania). The other four states and the two main territories (NT, ACT) have Labor premiers/chief ministers.

Leak, Son of Leak:

Steven Marshall was the Liberal premier of South Australia and apparently the lesson they are learning (with the federal election looming) is that he lost the election because he wasn't nasty enough.

Herbert:

Kudelka:

Downes:

Tax Airbnb, short-stay accommodation at higher rates to help ease Hobart rental crisis, Deputy Mayor says (ABC)

Lethbridge:

Opposition leader Anthony Albanese.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Dr. VooDoo posted:

They dress it up in a lot of words but the anti-surrogate thing is really just “it lets the gays have kids!” and the anti-surrogate are also against same sex couples adopting because it “violates natural law”

Oh yeah absolutely. They didn't have a problem with it before gay couples started using it, and all their talk about "commodification of women" and "class war" poo poo is just trying to trick liberals into opposing it, same as how TERFs co-opt feminist arguments to hate on trans women. Just saying that it's apparently a movement with at least some support, even if all that support is homophobic.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

When I was in college, there were posters everywhere from some company saying they’d buy eggs from women under 23 who had gpas and/or SAT scores within a certain range. I always wondered how common that was or if it was some weird fetish thing.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Dr. VooDoo posted:

The laptop story was bullshit when it happened and turned into nothing why are they dredging it up now? Is it simply because of Russia invading Ukraine so Hunter Biden running child harvesting labs or whatever the QAnon thing was with Hunter and Ukraine as an excuse for Trump withholding aid from Ukraine until they invented some phony corruption charge against Hunter for Trump’s campaign to use just popping up again
As far as I can tell, someone finally authenticated that the physical laptop actually belonged to Hunter Biden, so the right is screaming about that and not the actual issue (how the hell did Rudy Giuliani get the laptop, how can we know if/which of the files it contain weren't fabricated, and how much consideration should we give to the the motivations and methods of the people involved?). In particular, the NYT wrote an article about Hunter Biden's tax problems where they referred to the laptop and some of the files from it:
“Those emails were obtained by The New York Times from a cache of files that appears to have come from a laptop abandoned by Mr. Biden in a Delaware repair shop. The email and others in the cache were authenticated by people familiar with them and with the investigation.”
Which wasn't really the problem unless you believed that Hunter Biden was saving screenshots of nude pictures from his own cloud storage onto his laptop for some reason.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Clay Bennett

Steve Breen

Jeff Danziger

John Deering

Walt Handelsman

Clay Jones

Steve Kelley

Michael Ramirez

Jeff Stahler

Tom Stiglich

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

uh yeah what the gently caress is a kid going to be able to buy these days with a few spare coins

like a bite size candy bar? maybe??

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
Look, they updated the date from 1978, do you expect them to update the amount, too?

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

what is the message of this cartoon?

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

you broke my grill posted:

what is the message of this cartoon?
It's the Hunter Biden's laptop story again. The New York Post, a trashy tabloid magazine, reported on the story in 2020 while the New York Times, arguably the most respected US paper, didn't.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall: Finally, Straight Talk on Ukraine

Ted Rall posted:

What if Joe Biden were to admit to Vladimir Putin the obvious truth, that the United States is an expert in all the acts of villainy Russia is committing and accused of in Ukraine? What if he warned Russia that it would suffer the same loss of credibility United States has in criticizing Russia?

First Dog on the Moon: The cost of EVERYTHING is going up - should we replace this economy?

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Trapezium Dave posted:

Kellies Nomination: Worst Caricature

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Trapezium Dave posted:

Kellies Nominee: Worst Overall

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

"Give me the straight dope!"

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

kartikeya posted:

"Give me the straight dope!"

Putins famous catchphrase

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

ajkalan posted:

Kellies Nomination: Worst Caricature

It's unhelpful to nominate Rall to this category, he should just get a lifetime achievement award.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Tibalt posted:

It's the Hunter Biden's laptop story again. The New York Post, a trashy tabloid magazine, reported on the story in 2020 while the New York Times, arguably the most respected US paper, didn't.

Also more broadly I’m getting “the New York Times are news for out of touch liberal elites who’d be better served reading a working man’s paper, like the New York Post (a literal Murdoch rag whose brand is pretending to be an actual newspaper to people who confuse the New York Times and Washington Post).”

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Tibalt posted:

As far as I can tell, someone finally authenticated that the physical laptop actually belonged to Hunter Biden
Ah. So all the hot takes along the lines of "for real, Hunter left his laptop in a repair shop run by a blind person, you couldn't come up with a more plausible story?" were full of poo poo?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I have it on good authority that H.Biden uses a toilet to poo poo.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Xander77 posted:

Ah. So all the hot takes along the lines of "for real, Hunter left his laptop in a repair shop run by a blind person, you couldn't come up with a more plausible story?" were full of poo poo?

Remember when everyone was banned from posting it on social media to protect us from fake news

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

I mean, realistically the only other options are 1) Ignore Russia's invasion entirely
2) Go to war with Russia

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

More comics should acknowledge topical whiplash.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

This is the first time I've ever seen something coming close to having any sort of long-term consequences in this godawful strip. If Stantis isn't careful he might express a point of view.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Russia invaded Ukraine and all Biden does is collapse the Russian economy, how pathetic.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Tibalt posted:

i think you can interpret even more broadly than that as a "even those ivory tower wall street elites know not to trust the new york times and want to read the post (newspaper of the hardworking lower classes) instead"

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

I just remembered that Stantis set up Hillary Bunny and Obama Bunny to be the villains sabotaging his characters' plucky political campaign, but in the end they didn't need to do anything because his characters were completely incompetent and spent their entire campaign getting doors slammed in their faces and not even bothering to conceal their contempt for the people whose support they were trying to get.

And now it's over, huge sigh of relief as he gets to abandon this pointless plotline in favor of just whining that nobody is doing enough about Putin, no indication about what "enough" would entail

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

VitalSigns posted:

I just remembered that Stantis set up Hillary Bunny and Obama Bunny to be the villains sabotaging his characters' plucky political campaign, but in the end they didn't need to do anything because his characters were completely incompetent and spent their entire campaign getting doors slammed in their faces and not even bothering to conceal their contempt for the people whose support they were trying to get.

And now it's over, huge sigh of relief as he gets to abandon this pointless plotline in favor of just whining that nobody is doing enough about Putin, no indication about what "enough" would entail

I take everything I said back, PC actually does a great job of reflecting our current political landscape.