Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
My best attempts at Malenia are getting to her second phase with almost no health left and she usually one-shots me almost right away. Maybe the toughest boss they've ever made

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Kongming posted:

If you kill yourself because your co-op partner is "playing the game wrong" you're just as much of a loser as the guy who pulls his ethernet cable when he gets invaded.

Setting up a killswitch to turn the entire power grid off when I'm about to die in Maple Story.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

maybe dongicus meant they killed themselves irl, out of shame

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

MeatwadIsGod posted:

My best attempts at Malenia are getting to her second phase with almost no health left and she usually one-shots me almost right away. Maybe the toughest boss they've ever made

Yeah she's really hard, her health steal poo poo is a gimmick because most of what she does is going to kill you outright anyway, it's just there to punish you for using summons. I still used Black Knife Tiche because she's agile enough to not take hits and heal her, and she will also randomly knock her on her rear end for some reason.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

i wanted to fight the boss without the wiki warrior deleting it from my game qq more

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Kongming posted:

Yeah she's really hard, her health steal poo poo is a gimmick because most of what she does is going to kill you outright anyway, it's just there to punish you for using summons. I still used Black Knife Tiche because she's agile enough to not take hits and heal her, and she will also randomly knock her on her rear end for some reason.
it also punishes you for using shields, which is cool in theory but bullshit because I use shields

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I have 69 rune arcs from helping noobs with bosses with my Cross-Naginata. So suck my balls, 16-bit Butt-Head.

that weapon looks sick lol. therre are so many cool weapons in this game and there isnt enough time to use them all...

Kongming posted:

If you kill yourself because your co-op partner is "playing the game wrong" you're just as much of a loser as the guy who pulls his ethernet cable when he gets invaded.

there's a seppeku skill so killing yourself is a valid strategy

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Martman posted:

it also punishes you for using shields, which is cool in theory but bullshit because I use shields

Oh poo poo I didn't know she heals through shields, that's kind of insane. Maybe she's more BS then I originally thought.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Kongming posted:

Oh poo poo I didn't know she heals through shields, that's kind of insane. Maybe she's more BS then I originally thought.

Yeah I've just gone for dual wield because she gets HP regain even if you use a shield. That One Mind/Floating Passage attack is nuts too

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

that weapon looks sick lol. therre are so many cool weapons in this game and there isnt enough time to use them all...

there's a seppeku skill so killing yourself is a valid strategy

imagine not using one of Sword Saint Isshin's weapons... Lmfao

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I have 69 rune arcs from helping noobs with bosses with my Cross-Naginata. So suck my balls, 16-bit Butt-Head.

That ended up being my weapon of choice, I put ice lance on it and it ruled *chef kiss*

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

seppuku cross nagi is just busted

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i used the giant club and sometimes the giant hammer

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Kild posted:

seppuku cross nagi is just busted

try using two of them at once

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

nice lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lmao

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

lol

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

lol badass

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

this but the evil and twisted version where i found out you can get two self destruct physick tears and invade the tiny little hallway before the volcano manor boss

https://twitter.com/sebmal/status/1505596098676604929

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i told my wiki-reading buddy that i killed fia next to godwyn's throne and he started yellin at me lmao. lady killed my homie D! gently caress it lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Fungah! posted:

i told my wiki-reading buddy that i killed fia next to godwyn's throne and he started yellin at me lmao. lady killed my homie D! gently caress it lol

That was the end of her questline I think, did she seem like someone who was going to survive anyway lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

That was the end of her questline I think, did she seem like someone who was going to survive anyway lol

apparently if you ask her for a hug one more time theres a bunch more content and stuff but i don't really care lol. thats what second playthroughs on team evil are for

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I think I was over leveled for the boss fight at the end of that (which seemed really odd and out of nowhere) because it was super easy. Only tough thing was that it wouldn't stand still for very long

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

That boss is definitely weak. It only has as much HP as the black blade kindred outside the bestial sanctum and you can hit for two to three times the damage

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
lmao you can invade people doing world bosses that owns

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
im right at the end of my 1st playthrough, just have to fight radagon and elden beast, then im gonna do ng+ and focus on trying to piece together the story more. when i beat the last boss does the game give me a chance to go respec before starting ng+? also, the turtle pope says that radagon's statue harbors a secret about him. i searched the capital and couldnt find the statue anywhere, could i get a tip on where its located? it may be too late for me to see it now with where im at but i wanna peep it next playthrough, and im a bit confused as at the start of the last boss fight you see marika hanging from the elden ring(?) and then falls, and then it cuts to radagon getting up and his hair turning red. is it possible they are both the same god and thats the secret?

Rabid Boar
Apr 16, 2020

Soon, all of you will feel my hate, and suffer as I have suffered!
Yeah, you can respec before starting NG+. And it's too late to see the statue but you have the right idea

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Nutmeg posted:

when i beat the last boss does the game give me a chance to go respec before starting ng+?

Yeah it gives you the option to go NG+ or keep loving around in the world. You can go to NG+ anytime from the hold

quote:

also, the turtle pope says that radagon's statue harbors a secret about him. i searched the capital and couldnt find the statue anywhere, could i get a tip on where its located?

It's down some stairs and an elevator from the first Godfrey fight

quote:

it may be too late for me to see it now with where im at but i wanna peep it next playthrough, and im a bit confused as at the start of the last boss fight you see marika hanging from the elden ring(?) and then falls, and then it cuts to radagon getting up and his hair turning red. is it possible they are both the same god and thats the secret?

;)

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Found Boc again in the royal capital and he was moaning about being ugly and I gave him a respec item lol. Really curious how this will pan out

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I managed to discover that and it was presented in a cool way as this big revelation but I had only the faintest idea who Radagon was in the first place so I was just relieved to have less people to keep track of

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I talked to Gideon a bunch and went over a h demigod a bunch to try remember. Also turtle pope explains who radagon is in detail though I briefly mistook him for radahn. I also sometimes clip conversations with an noc so I can listen back later yawing the ps share feature

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I keep meaning to read all my item descriptions at the start of a session to get my big lore dump and forgetting lol

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

i was doing one of the chariot catacombs the one with the double crucible knight fight, and i was just running through the early rooms and had some basilisks chasing me. i ran into the first area with 2 chariots and went to the safe spot, i think like 6 basilisks followed me in and then used death gas when they got run over by the chariot, because next thing i knew all the chariots vanished, i got like 25000 runes and a new armor set, no idea if that was intended but it owned

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

buffalo all day posted:

i was doing one of the chariot catacombs the one with the double crucible knight fight, and i was just running through the early rooms and had some basilisks chasing me. i ran into the first area with 2 chariots and went to the safe spot, i think like 6 basilisks followed me in and then used death gas when they got run over by the chariot, because next thing i knew all the chariots vanished, i got like 25000 runes and a new armor set, no idea if that was intended but it owned

I have no idea how this happened to me either but my best guess is if you move those spotlight statues that cast a sigil on the floor it causes them to crash into each other?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Kongming posted:

this. who cares, if you summoned help youre already cheating lol. let a gamer get his runes

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
ive beaten the game three times and never done any of the chariot dungeons lol. i hope none of them have any especially good loot

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i found a club that is a severed finger in one of those dungeons. it owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

scary ghost dog posted:

ive beaten the game three times and never done any of the chariot dungeons lol. i hope none of them have any especially good loot

they are more zelda-y puzzle focused than combat. they're pretty fun, imo -- and the one that i just did had a good boss fight two crucible knights. apparently has been really bad for people but i'm overleveled from too much running around in the underworld so i found it to be a pretty fun o&s throwback.