Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

boxcarhobo posted:

they have just hosed something up really badly and i want to know what

Brake ducts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

ewe2 posted:

IKR what a poo poo pair of cars they have this season. That was the only disappointment for me in this race, otherwise it was just refreshing to see a different ending with unexpected results. K-mag 5th! Zhou 10th in his first f1! The Alpines and Alpha-Romeo-Ferrari in the points! Red Bull nowhere! Mercedes not at the front! This could be an interesting year.

I'm just glad Russell is making GBS threads the bed as hard as he is. I never understood what all the hype was about him

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

Feeling confident this thread can be changed from CARS to RACING since we experienced an increase in on-track action and a considerable reduction in crowd shots, celebrity garage footage and mid-race team principal interviews.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

EngineerJoe posted:

Was the palmer feed any good? I bailed on it after a few minutes.

It's not as good as PLC, but it's so much better than listening to Fartin' Bumdle and Crofty scream incoherent nonsense like a couple of howler monkeys.

I went back and re-watched the last like 5 laps of the race from Norris' camera and the pit wall were telling him to coast through turns to cool the car down like every other lap. I think McLaren hosed up the cooling system in addition to their brakes.

MustardFacial fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Mar 21, 2022

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

merc still sandbagging imo

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

PhoenixFlaccus posted:

The Palmer feed is “international” and Brundle/Crofty is “for horse eaters only” which almost makes up for PLC being less good.

so is the Palmer feed an 'international English' one instead of using the Sky feed? Interesting.

Low Percent Lunge posted:

Feeling confident this thread can be changed from CARS to RACING since we experienced an increase in on-track action and a considerable reduction in crowd shots, celebrity garage footage and mid-race team principal interviews.

:hmmyes: this is an excellent point, goon sir.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Lifelong "tifosi" checking in

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

harperdc posted:

so is the Palmer feed an 'international English' one instead of using the Sky feed? Interesting.

Palmer feed is the default on F1TV, "international" is the sky feed.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Thanks Ants posted:

75% of the Honda* cars retired so they're not in the worst position

The Honda* cars at at least fast. All of the customer Benz teams were thrashed by Tsunoda.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Pretty embarrassing display though. Shameful.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Did we get onboards with the speed differential at the end of the straights between max and charl? The red bull looked like an lmp catching GT traffic.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Sky feed is default for me in Poland on F1TV

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Did we find out why Gasly's car caught on fire?

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

The correct question to ask is, did we find out why Tsunoda's car didn't catch fire?

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

The cooling system for the MGU-K/Battery sprang a leak. It’s oil based so as to be non-conductive, but it does mean it’s flammable.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
I like that Albon is immediately proving it's not that Russell was the worlds greatest driver, it's just that Latifi is really bad

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

MustardFacial posted:

Palmer feed is the default on F1TV, "international" is the sky feed.

I found the commentary on the jolyon feed good.

Quickly forget about the rest of this race.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Pragmatica posted:

hmm…. i’ll think about it. does the thread really want him back? lol

Yes 100% #freetony

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Pragmatica posted:

Nah

It's not letting me quote the post but a reminder of why he got banned again

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3914982&pagenumber=520&perpage=40&userid=0#post510243659

Skarsnik fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Mar 21, 2022

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags
Just finished watching the race after work due to the awful time zone. The race was alright but the last three laps :laffo:

Max melting down while the red bulls implode yessss... Straight into my veins.

Happy for the scud boys and Kevin.

McLaren :suicide:

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
Max deserves all the bad things after changing his number to :one:

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

I wasn't in the thread at that time but looking at that guys posts, yeah i'd rather not tbh.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Pragmatica posted:

Almost as much as I want my ex back.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

After 2 years of Melbourne's corona lockdowns I imagine Tony would be too busy at cooker rallies threatening to hang Dan Andrews to post here

Cirofren
Jun 13, 2005

Pillbug

Aphex- posted:

I wasn't in the thread at that time but looking at that guys posts, yeah i'd rather not tbh.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

EngineerJoe posted:

Was the palmer feed any good? I bailed on it after a few minutes.

The Palmer/Edwards feed managed to correctly commentate that Perez had spun around due to the engine seizing because he wasn't shouting so much that it drowned out the audio feed of the engine being off, rather than Croft's efforts of shouting that he'd been tapped by Hamilton, then shouting that he'd blipped the throttle and put it round, and then shouting that it was the engine after Perez's radio message had said that it was the engine.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
Ferrari also has the quickest pit stop and i have been reading that they did something like 1300 pit stop rehearsals since April 2021. The team has put the work in

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
loving Martin Brundle is his failson and jollyon palmer’s loving manager is all you need to know about how we ended up here, without Davidi on the F1TV commentary.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Aphex- posted:

"The posts of somebody who smokes weed and not bath salts" was a top tier following post lmao

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
In the US, seems like default f1tv feed is Palmer/Edwards, while international is crofty/brundle.

Sounds like it may be reversed in some countries?

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

spaceblancmange posted:

Did we get onboards with the speed differential at the end of the straights between max and charl? The red bull looked like an lmp catching GT traffic.

Don't know whether it's true, but a redditor made a post about how Charles was (intentionally?) in 7th gear on the final straight during his fight with Max to ensure Max overtook him right before the DRS detection point so he could overtake again in the following turns. Seems to match up with Charles' post-race interview where he claimed he was happy he managed to bait Max at T1 a few times in a row.

Pretty funny IMO, Charles is a good and clever lad

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Zeta Acosta posted:

Ferrari also has the quickest pit stop and i have been reading that they did something like 1300 pit stop rehearsals since April 2021. The team has put the work in

imagine how much faster they'd be if they invested that time in cheating instead of working hard lmao

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Mods can we get some Scud Sixers

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

Finn 3:16 says I just licorice
whipped your peppermint ass

Deltasquid posted:

Don't know whether it's true, but a redditor made a post about how Charles was (intentionally?) in 7th gear on the final straight during his fight with Max to ensure Max overtook him right before the DRS detection point so he could overtake again in the following turns. Seems to match up with Charles' post-race interview where he claimed he was happy he managed to bait Max at T1 a few times in a row.

yeah he said as much during his canal+ interview for french TV, he intentionnaly slowed early on turn 1 so max could pass and he would then follow him closely to get DRS

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Deltasquid posted:

Yeh he definitely moved aside for him on that last wild lunge.

Charles figuring out what Lewis did not, the dive bombing is always going to risk both cars and compromise max’s exit, so give the silly idiot a wide birth and let him become a self correcting problem.

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing

Thanks Ants posted:

The Palmer/Edwards feed managed to correctly commentate that Perez had spun around due to the engine seizing because he wasn't shouting so much that it drowned out the audio feed of the engine being off, rather than Croft's efforts of shouting that he'd been tapped by Hamilton, then shouting that he'd blipped the throttle and put it round, and then shouting that it was the engine after Perez's radio message had said that it was the engine.

It was extra hilarious that Crofty screwed that up, because after he spun Perez was just sitting there instead of trying to get going again, so it was obvious the wheels were locked up.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Deltasquid posted:

That rules and it shows how dumb Max is that he did it three times without thinking 'this seems too easy maybe I should wait'

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
It was nice seeing everyone happy at/on the Podium. :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Charles LeClerc : Max Verstappen :: Red Flag : (Red) Bull