Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

JuffoWup posted:

Add Circonflexes to your list btw. He stopped doing the youtube stuff, but seems to still be active on twitch. He is another good one for being unicum levels of skill at tanks. Though, also willing to do derping stupid stuff (for example, all he foch 155 that he somehow makes work really well).

Doesn't he (Circon) also play standing up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Oh yeah I forgot about circon but since he stopped posting stuff on youtube I haven't seen any of his stuff in a long time.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
I'm not keen on wasting several 100s of bonds shuffling equip around, input from a goon with a fully decked out Leo1 would be welcome.
So the PTAs soft stats are not very good, I'm grinding through it with (all bounty) stab, rammer + aiming and the aim times are just tolerable even with chocolate.
Can I get away with dropping the stab for bond vent/rammer + bounty aiming on the Leo1?
The soft stats on tanks.gg look to be about half as much number as the PTA, plus the better aim time.. maybe?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Demounting bond equipment should cost 100g instead of the normal 10.

-----

Weekly (NA) Code: GIRLPOWER

Rental vehicle Chrysler K for 3 days 100% сrew
Access to a Mission
x5 Personal Reserves: +200% to Combat Experience for 1 hour

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Mar 12, 2022

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I'm done with Ranked. Playing it gave me Hull Down Syndrome.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
http://wotreplays.eu/site/6200799#steppes-mariuslecter-kv-1s

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Getting massive lag spikes and packet loss when trying to play this terrible game.

Went to my router and ran traceroute and ping tests and everything came back fine.... Glad their servers are still made of just suck magic and dont work.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

McGavin posted:

I'm done with Ranked. Playing it gave me Hull Down Syndrome.

It's astonishing how badly they've managed to gently caress up the game. Because their map design is utterly awful for the most part, flanking the hull down Kranvagns isn't realistic for the most part, and because they hosed up HE shells and arty to the point that neither is really seen anymore, there really is no reasonable counter to them.

So you just sit hull down behind opposite hills waiting to see whose teammates gently caress up first and get their Kranvagns flanked, trying to hit pixel shots against the three idiots who still haven't figured out that if you aim the Kranvagn's gun upwards, the turret's weak spots disappear completely.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

BadLlama posted:

Getting massive lag spikes and packet loss when trying to play this terrible game.

Went to my router and ran traceroute and ping tests and everything came back fine.... Glad their servers are still made of just suck magic and dont work.

:same:

It's also crashing frequently too.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

McGavin posted:

:same:

It's also crashing frequently too.

The secret Russian cryptomining script isn't getting through the new Iron Curtain firewall. :colbert:

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Arty's still got it.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
http://wotreplays.eu/site/6202096#pearl_river-mariuslecter-kv-1s

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

I'm pissed for not thinking of it sooner - but the counter to wheeled tanks would be to enable the coaxial and commander's swivel guns on the tanks that have them.

"Try circle-jerking me with all your loving tires popped, rear end in a top hat."

Also, if you fire tracers blindly at a bush and see ricochets... :black101:

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I'm pissed for not thinking of it sooner - but the counter to wheeled tanks would be to enable the coaxial and commander's swivel guns on the tanks that have them.

"Try circle-jerking me with all your loving tires popped, rear end in a top hat."

Also, if you fire tracers blindly at a bush and see ricochets... :black101:

Well I mean if WoT's damage model wasn't loving dog poo poo, a 120mm ACPR shell or a 152mm HE shell would do a lot more damage and wreck the thing on the spot but here we are.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Well I mean if WoT's damage model wasn't loving dog poo poo, a 120mm ACPR shell or a 152mm HE shell would do a lot more damage and wreck the thing on the spot but here we are.

I don't know, I'm willing to let that go in exchange for 5+ 12.7mm+ MGs and Autocannons lighting those little fuckers up from multiple directions before they unceremionously explode or just stop dead from all their crew having been individually killed.

Only enable it from T6 up, though - it'd be stupid at T5 and below.

Also, some news from WoWS - they're bringing "SuperShips" into the game. They're ~technically~ T10s, but you need to have three T10s researched in the nation whose supership you want before you're able to research and purchase one.

My guess is that's what's going to happen with the Obj 279 non-(e) that's in the database. GONNA BE GREAT PLAYING TIER 13 BATTLES WITH 15 279s ON EACH SIDE! :shepicide:

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

BIG HEADLINE posted:

My guess is that's what's going to happen with the Obj 279 non-(e) that's in the database. GONNA BE GREAT PLAYING TIER 13 BATTLES WITH 15 279s ON EACH SIDE! :shepicide:

World of Tanks: Console introduced modern tanks (up to the T-90 and the M1 Abrams) last year, but they put them in an entirely different game mode. Their reasoning was that modern tanks aren't in any way compatible with the current game. They are effectively invulnerable to existing high tier tanks and would just cut through them like a scythe through wheat with zero resistance. So a new game mode it is.

But I wouldn't bet on the WoT PC teams having that much good sense.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

World of Tanks: Console introduced modern tanks (up to the T-90 and the M1 Abrams) last year, but they put them in an entirely different game mode. Their reasoning was that modern tanks aren't in any way compatible with the current game. They are effectively invulnerable to existing high tier tanks and would just cut through them like a scythe through wheat with zero resistance. So a new game mode it is.

But I wouldn't bet on the WoT PC teams having that much good sense.

I could honestly see the original M1 Abrams with the 105mm rifled gun in PC WoT. The armor isn't appreciably better than the damned T95/FV4201. I've a feeling someone in their PR department raised their hand and said "hey, what happens when all the best clans have all the mostly-ungettable tanks and the little guys have absolutely no hope of ever competing - won't that kill an entire segment of our game?"

I'd be a "Super Leopard." lovely to deal with, but manageable.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Mar 15, 2022

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Just waiting for the inevitable update that slaps in the Challenger 1, M1A1 Abrams, Leopard 2A2 and T-80 as reward tanks.

You know, Tier XV.

LRADIKAL
Jun 10, 2001

Fun Shoe
They still couldn't see for poo poo, the advantage of actually being able to move and shoot is negated by all other tanks doing so. If they don't have reactive armor, of course they can still be penetrated all sorts of places, i bet it has "weak spots". This game is so far from reality I don't know why they just don't do more tiers with moderner tanks and then hypothetical tanks. I bet the tier system is hard coded.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

???

e;

So...

There may be a possibility we get John Wick as a commander and a Gundam themed tank.

Or even this guy as a commander.

e2;

Same questions for John Wick, 40K and other options i had high opinions of.

I can see John Wick using a tank, if 007 can in Golden Eye than so can Wick.

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Mar 16, 2022

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Please give me a balls out no fucks given Keanu at his hammiest John Wick commander and I will maybe even pay you money again Wargaming

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6N-E3epLJnM

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Whelp, ate my first chat ban within hours of starting ranked.

In my defence, in the 3 games I played my teams truly were pants-making GBS threads idiots that made the Russian army look good.

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost
I can't stand Safehaven. I bet my win percent on that map is 20% if those stats were available. The only way that I've had a bit of success is flanking in the field as a medium tank. The port itself is just death for my heavy tanks.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

They must really be hurting for money: https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2022/03/18/supertest-%f0%9f%87%ba%f0%9f%87%b8-ts-54-detailed-overview/

Before you :rolleyes:, notice it's an *American* dual-barreled heavy.

It'll be interesting to learn where the horrendously easy-to-exploit hole is on that 305mm turret.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

TracerM17 posted:

I can't stand Safehaven. I bet my win percent on that map is 20% if those stats were available. The only way that I've had a bit of success is flanking in the field as a medium tank. The port itself is just death for my heavy tanks.
If I'm using a Heavy on this map I immediately go for an aggressive move and cut through the big square building in the North. You can really upset things on the other side if you're fast enough/not detected along the way, especially in a platoon.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

BIG HEADLINE posted:

They must really be hurting for money: https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2022/03/18/supertest-%f0%9f%87%ba%f0%9f%87%b8-ts-54-detailed-overview/

Before you :rolleyes:, notice it's an *American* dual-barreled heavy.

It'll be interesting to learn where the horrendously easy-to-exploit hole is on that 305mm turret.

Just let me use the second turret on the Lee you cowards

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Azhais posted:

Just let me use the second turret on the Lee you cowards

You can, it is called the grant in the uk line.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

You know it's a good time when you're in a T8 game as a T6 TD (T78) and you top the leaderboard for damage, and it's not even close.

And I did 1500 damage.

loving hell some of these teams man.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
I got a new computer and made the game as pretty as it could be and drat it runs at 240 FPS

Game still looks awesome at least.

Going from a very old i5 paired with a GTX 1070 to a Ryzen 5 5600G with an RTX 3060

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

:yeah:

They've done a LOT to update the game's engine over the years. The big complaint I have is that when tanks blow up it looks super bad when the tank's model gets insta-replaced by the blown up one because the replacement is so obvious.

But other than that... poo poo, they've even added a lot of atmospheric effects so when you're looking at things in the far distance it looks realistically dusty and diffused. It's kinda impressive.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

:yeah:

They've done a LOT to update the game's engine over the years. The big complaint I have is that when tanks blow up it looks super bad when the tank's model gets insta-replaced by the blown up one because the replacement is so obvious.

But other than that... poo poo, they've even added a lot of atmospheric effects so when you're looking at things in the far distance it looks realistically dusty and diffused. It's kinda impressive.

Yeah what really shocked me was when a tank would fire you could see some emissions coming from the tank and even if it hits land or tank you can totally tell. I didn't know it looked that impressive to be honest.

Game still loving sucks

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

:lol::lol::lol: The updated rules and violations policy goes into effect March 23 at 10:00 ET!

Why you should care:
Minor chat violations for profanity, insults, and minor harassment result in a 1 day chat ban and each subsequent violation adds +1 day to ban time.

Be sure to report everyone for salty language like you're an 80-year-old grandma!

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

McGavin posted:

:lol::lol::lol: The updated rules and violations policy goes into effect March 23 at 10:00 ET!

Why you should care:
Minor chat violations for profanity, insults, and minor harassment result in a 1 day chat ban and each subsequent violation adds +1 day to ban time.

Be sure to report everyone for salty language like you're an 80-year-old grandma!

Oooo I have a fresh pubbie who keeps PMing insults for some round I can't remember where I shot some gold rounds. My only responses have been "lol", "Lmao", and hearts/kissy faces.

Hopefully I can keep him going for a couple more days!

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Shooting gold is nothing like it used to be back when gold rounds actually *cost gold*.

Being in a "first tier" clan back then where you could "brag" about how your ammo was "free" would *really* piss off the pubbies.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

STB-1 get. After a few games it feels like a huge improvement over the Type 61 in drat near every way.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

STB-1 get. After a few games it feels like a huge improvement over the Type 61 in drat near every way.

I've at least got that to look forward to then. I've been stuck on the Type 61 for ages because the overall package is a hindrance to the point of disaster. I like using the tank when platooning though, simply because I can rely on at least two players and put the gun to good use when supporting them; that reload time is :blastu:

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

The Type 61 isn't that bad, but the STB-1 is a definite improvement in every way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I liked the 61 better because it was tier 9. I still don't find the t10 meta enjoyable