Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Darth TNT posted:

Why aren’t those people angry at Goku somehow being able to sense where someone was going to dump poo poo?

The gag was solid. :colbert:

He learned it from Roshi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I know you guys aren't the biggest Funko Pop fans but uhh.. this might be a must have.

https://www.bigapplecollectibles.co...pIf_yjPx5tXHGWg

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

New Leaf posted:

I know you guys aren't the biggest Funko Pop fans but uhh.. this might be a must have.

I mean, it's cool that they're doing that, but it's still a Funko Pop

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

New Leaf posted:

nah

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Right on. Speaking of DBZ and figures, Mega64's Rocco's Figure Update thing he does on his channel is entertaining, he often has a Dragonball figure. I was catching up on those vids lately. Figuarts or whatever, seems pretty fancy. Ginyu Force and whatnot.

Speaking of a Kai version of Dragon Ball earlier, I noticed there's a Dragon Ball Recut fan-made thing people talk highly of. I'm going with regular DB for now, but I think I may try that for the Red Ribbon arc, since that's apparently pretty filler-y.

Also learned about the original broadcast audio thing, how fans taped that off TV in Japan and it's way higher quality than the official releases. Since the official releases were erased by Toei back in the day, except for lower quality recordings. Pretty interesting, I noticed the audio was a bit shrill for the show on crunchyroll, but I haven't heard of that being a thing with other older anime I've come across.

What Dragon Ball movies do you like by the way, folks? I dug the latest three, and of the older DBZ ones I remembered liking Tree of Might and the second Cooler movie. Might dip into some of those movies. Path to Power also sounds kind of fun. I've heard Bojack might not be bad, confirm or deny?

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Bojack is ehhhh. I dunno why the internet likes him when he barely says anything.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

i like dead zone abd fusion reborn

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick

New Leaf posted:

Funkos are dogshit and this one is in the worst possible pose because it's completely covering the best part of the shirt.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Shindragon posted:

Bojack is ehhhh. I dunno why the internet likes him when he barely says anything.

I dunno, I've heard good things about his netflix show

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Burkion posted:

I dunno, I've heard good things about his netflix show

:v: I do love that show but man i had to take breaks because how utterly depressing it can get it

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Shindragon posted:

Same actually. I found the only redeeming parts of the Bojack movie the part at the end where Bojack throws his henchmen into the grinder and just keeps thinking he can win even with a hole in his body, but everything before that just a major slog. Not enough humor and not particularly great action either.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Shindragon posted:

People tend to like that because Gohan is there and Satan and because it's the only movie with a tournament, as silly as it is. It makes it better than anything that's not 2, 12, or Super/Super Broli, and show just how bad most of the movies are.

Darko fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Mar 21, 2022

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Lots of AMVs when I was in high school used the scene of Gohan walking while the henchman tries to use their weird ki holding technique on him as an intro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCRANHCLMvE

Or maybe just this one, it's the only one I remember.

Admiral Joeslop fucked around with this message at 12:01 on Mar 21, 2022

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I thought people liked Bojack because it was the last time Gohan got to do anything cool, not because the villain was good?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

The tournament Bojack movie starts with is cool imo. Fun hero vs hero matchups. Plus his team is neat.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Trunks vs Tenshinhan was cool even if it was short. Not as short as the Krillin Piccolo rematch though.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

Trunks had the cool look in that movie

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Isn't bojack the one where Vegeta sits out at the beginning but makes his intro by hurling Trunks's sword to him from offscreen and then joining the battle because its either that or android 13 and whichever it is that scene rules

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

projecthalaxy posted:

Isn't bojack the one where Vegeta sits out at the beginning but makes his intro by hurling Trunks's sword to him from offscreen and then joining the battle because its either that or android 13 and whichever it is that scene rules

9 is the one where you had the tiny dude with the fishing wire whatever technique that could grab and hold people. Trunks is being held and Vegeta appears when he tosses Trunks' sword in and cuts the lines.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

https://i.imgur.com/bAKe56A.mp4

New recruitment arc for the next Top

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

A big hallmark for bad dbz movies is when Goku/Gohan spend the whole movie struggling and don't just bust out their super sayian transformation or whatever for some inexplicable reason.

The other big hallmark is when they end it with the usual "Share you're energy with me." and then just taking out the villain in one shot.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Darko posted:

9 is the one where you had the tiny dude with the fishing wire whatever technique that could grab and hold people. Trunks is being held and Vegeta appears when he tosses Trunks' sword in and cuts the lines.

9 is bojack fyi if you're a completely stupid idiot like me who remembers characters instead of arbitrary numbers

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

This is a pretty rad Goku vs Frieza fan animation. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEGfT0Ro3vw

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I’ve never heard anyone say anything positive about the bojack movie….it mostly just exists.

Maybe someone loved Gohan going 2 so much they wanted it happening a second time?

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Bojack was so bad that it broke TFS because they could not think of a way to make it funny. That says a lot.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I paid $1.50 for Bojack out of the GameStop loose DVD bin and watched it once and feel thats the correct value prop for Bojack

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Never saw the movie, but I remember hearing the bootleg World Martial Arts Tournament was potentially interesting in how it turned a standard tournament into a theme park, but ultimately got underused in favor of generic bad guys showing up.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Oh they're not generic! There's bojack, who is a space pirate, Zangya who is a girl, uhh i think one of the other ones is green? Super Bojack is green too.

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

I think I primarily remember these characters not because of the movie, but because of their inclusion on the “everybody-plus-a-few-background-randos” roster of Budokai Tenkaichi 3

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

You have to gather all the Bojack Force's clothes before Bojack will train you in Xenoverse 2

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

One of Bojack's henchmen is named Gokua, which is confusing to a kid of however old I was when I watched this. I think he's the one Trunks cuts in half.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

lmao in Heroes Bojack "obtains" dark clones of Adult Gohan, Trunks, Vegeta and Piccolo and becomes a Super Saiyan God level threat. Heroes rules

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013
I think the Dragon Ball Multiverse guy and their guest writers/artists really like Bojack because he's generic enough to be basically an OC.

That is the only thing I have ever heard about people liking Bojack.

Pirate, not Horseman.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

They had interesting looks and movesets. I get why some would enjoy them.

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
I vaguely recall reading some incredibly cringy fanfic with Bojack in the late 90s on planetnamek or something. It was really perverse and I'm upset at this thread for dredging up those memories. Just some insight into the types that latched onto Bojack.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

My main fan memory of the Bojack movie is I used to post on the Gamefaqs Budokai Tenkaichi boards and there was this one dude who cpuld not go one post without mentioning how the best character in the series was Zangya or "Zangey-Chan" to borrow his terminology. He thought it was a crime that noted good game Dragon Ball: Sagas didn't mention the Bojack movie or have a Zangya boss fight. Almost two decades later Zangey-Chan is still rent free in my brain

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
I remember Bojack fondly because he was completely and absolutely busted in the Tenkaichi Budokai games he was in. His barrier could cancel any special attack just like 17's but wasn't gimped by not being able to charge ki. My high school friends used to hate me because I would 1v5 their whole team with Bojack

The movie was ok I think, mostly because (at least in Latin America) it was released in a 2for1 theatre pack alongside the Janemba movie, even if it didn't make much sense how they connected them.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
The Bojack movie has a bunch of sick fight scenes and looks fantastic from start to finish which is a thing you can't say about the proceeding three DBZ movies so it has that going for it.

What broke TFS is not that the movie is bad, it's just that it has very little dialogue. There's almost no character interaction that isn't just fighting. and not even a lot of dialogue breaks in fights. There's nothing to work with there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

after broly the movies really go downhill so they made a smart decision to stop when they did