Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Bicyclops posted:

you going right on to LaD or stopping for Judgement along the way?

Straight to LaD, couldn't wait anymore. I'll circle back to judgement eventually but taking a Yakuza break for a bit after.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

2. tokimeki memorial (snes) 3/20
this game completely rules. im gonna play this again right away. i saw that somebody's trying to translate the saturn version.. i hope that happens soon because this snes port is very clearly lacking. still a great game.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
weird rating scale

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

1. SMT V
2. FFV Pixel Remaster
3. Trials of Mana (Switch port)
4. Life Is Strange
5. FFVI Pixel Remaster

Amazingly all six pixel remasters were worthwhile purchases even though I've played them all entirely too many times (except 3). The real star in 6 for me, was the music. All the songs improved.

I was a bit sad to see some of my favourite lines changed but I'd recommend this to anyone. Fantastic from start to finish.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Elden Ring

FromSoft done it again

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i beat elden ring. this game gets four angry tree penises with aids out of 5 angry tree penises with aids. a large chunk of this game is the best souls game, but it also has some really terrible levels and bosses towards the end. thanks.well, whatever. i live in a lesbian polycule with ranni and the mimic now, who in the lore you have sex with. george rr martin is a genius, simple as. i only regret that i could not summon the mimic even earlier.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

1. M.U.S.H.A.
2. Ion Fury
3. Thunder Force II
4. Guardians of the Galaxy
5. Inscryption
6. Elden Ring
7. Gran Turismo 7
8. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

I feel like this game is best summed up by the final boss I spent three hours calling a piece of poo poo that ruins the game for me dying over and over again and finally winning and going "Holy poo poo that boss owned"

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

elf help book posted:

Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

i liked it

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

persona 1

a better version of "Shin Megami Tensei if..." but thats not saying much. did not understand the story. gingerbread house was cool.
combat is smt for retards, if you have a single heal-all spell you will never die, although thats a lot like smt. i think there are maybe 4 bosses total.

the battle and boss themes are awesome.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xb4PX3rPg6o

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
1. Assassin’s Creed: Origins
2. Hitman
3. Hitman 2
4. Hitman 3
5. Inscryption
6. Pokemon Legends: Arceus

7. Super Mario Bros

not sure how I’ve never beat this

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

1. super mario 3d world (switch) - 100% with mario
2. super mario world (snes) - 96 exits and palate swap
3. metroid dread (switch) - 100%, normal difficulty
4. max payne 3 (pc) - hard difficulty
5. ninja gaiden iii (nes / usa version)
6. ninja gaiden iii (famicom / jp version) - 1cc

7. tokimeki memorial (super famicom) - mira kagami ending - this game was surprisingly fun and i'll definitely go for at least one more ending. easy to pick up and play through a couple weeks at a time throughout the day, not a huge time commitment unless you're trying to get every ending. good iz game club pick.

e - also idk if we're only supposed to list games we've never beaten before, if so ignore #2. if not, then i also played through these over the weekend again:

8. mega man (nes)
9. mega man 2 (nes / normal difficulty)

tmfc fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Mar 21, 2022

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i think replays count, especially if you're coming back to a game after a long time.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
yakuza kiwami 2

still playing for 100% but an incredibly good game. The combat in the new engine is a lot of fun, was a bit worried about losing styles from the previous games but it's good enough even without them

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

Elden Ring

Sick as hell game

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
[15] Elden Ring (XSX) 3/22/22

Review:
This is the greatest game ever made. You really don’t need to say more, but I will. I never thought a game would crack my top 3 greatest games ever made. I thought a game having this impact on me was long gone. This game proves that Miyazaki ranks up there with Kojima, Horii, and Miyamoto as one of the greatest game designers and directors of all time (if not the best). I never thought I would be saying this, even though I love FROM games and consider dark souls and sekiro masterpieces. This game stands above all modern games, hell, all games period to create pure gaming bliss. I knew it was the best game ever made at hour 5, and now at hour 140 I still know it. I cannot wait to see where this studio goes from here, but I know it will very, very hard to top this, but I am hopeful they can.

10/10

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
sounds cool I'll have to check that out

French Accent
Feb 3, 2012

elden ring

this game is by far the longest game i've ever played. the amount of content jam packed into this game blows my mind. went for the age of stars ending, pretty sure i locked myself out of an ending i wanted to check out and now have to go through NG+, so i get to play it again, although i expect it to be 1/10th as long, now that i know where everything is.

don't think i'll ever go 120 hours on an adventure game like that. no dev team other than from software can do it.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

1. Tell Me Why
  2. Vampire Survivors

Good rear end newgrounds style game. Beat all the levels, unlocked all the characters, etc. I'll keep playing if they keep adding poo poo. 4/5

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
1. Assassin’s Creed: Origins
2. Hitman
3. Hitman 2
4. Hitman 3
5. Inscryption
6. Pokemon Legends: Arceus
7. Super Mario Bros

8. Cyberpunk 2077

I didn’t play the original release of this game but I’m sure it was lovely. I loved the ps5 version of it though. I hated the ending I got. Going to try to see the other ones because it gives you a save right before the point of no return.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

the original release of cyberpunk was fine imo. I played every quest and there were two with bugs bad enough to make everyone t-pose and a few toward the end that had some glitchy triggers. I replayed Witcher 3 afterwards with my brother and that game had just as many bugs in the final version tbh. I don't know if they've added content to it now bc I'll playing Elden Ring for the next decade

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
Elden Ring: 118 hours and it was incredible start to finish, probably the best game i've ever played and I wonder where From will go from here. They don't need to put a new release for 6 or 7 years after this imho. Excited to start my NG+ run where I'll pick apart the story more which I'm having a blast taking notes and pieces parts together.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
elden ring

incredible

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

persona 2 - innocent sin (psp - hard difficulty)
it's very easy and the encounter rate is a bit high, but its one of the greatest game stories ive ever experienced.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

mbt posted:

persona 2 - innocent sin (psp - hard difficulty)
it's very easy and the encounter rate is a bit high, but its one of the greatest game stories ive ever experienced.

I started this and played for a few hours but I was like sleepwalking through most of it, you can just do the same combo spell every fight and never take more than 1 or 2 hp damage :negative: Wonder if there's a ps1 fan translation, if that'd be better or not

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

F Zero (All leagues)

Had to do King League on Beginner because Death Wind II was kicking my rear end otherwise. I already knew the later games in the series were tough I had no idea the first one went so all out, it's loving brutal.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

6) Elden Ring on XSX.

This game will persist in my mind for a long time, perhaps forever. Amazing throughout.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

sourdough posted:

I started this and played for a few hours but I was like sleepwalking through most of it, you can just do the same combo spell every fight and never take more than 1 or 2 hp damage :negative: Wonder if there's a ps1 fan translation, if that'd be better or not

the ps1 version is officially translated i think its just worse.

if you grind for lucifer and satan they have a combo attack that one shots anything even bosses lol

Social Media
Jan 21, 2010

i beat tunic. really cool atmospheric game. needed a couple of big spoilers to get the good ending but it was well worth it. also went almost the entire game without knowing you can run.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Finished Advanced Warfare campaign. Pretty cool, I thought I remembered not liking it too much but I think I was getting it mixed up with BO3 because I really enjoyed the near-future setting and everything.

Also just realized that I forgot to post about finishing the Napoleon's Campaigns in Napoleon: Total War a while back. Had a really good time with that, when I beat Empire's grand campaign I said it was a bummer that expanding the map meant that they had to lower the province count in the Europe/MENA map and this game did the opposite, each of the campaigns focuses on a smaller section of the map (first southern France and Austria and Northern Italy, then Egypt and the Levant, then Europe and Asia Minor) but rendered in greater detail. A series of smaller, story/objective-driven campaigns instead of one big one where you just grab as much territory as you can before the end date was a nice change of pace, I don't think I'd like it if every Total War was like that but it was an interesting twist for one game. Sound and visuals were great, I loved the effects of watching a line of infantry firing away, or the way cannon rounds tore up the earth and sent soldiers flying. Might be one of my favorite TWs, if only because I love the Napoleonic Wars setting.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

11) La-Mulana 2 Randomizer

Sickest randomizer ever... shuffling all the area entrances and items makes this game almost infinitely replayable to me. Time to start another seed...

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
Demon's Souls Remake

I've played the original before but never quite finished it, because it's just not the same on emulator. Now I got the PS5 version and drat this game rules. I like how you really want to build up a collection of silver bullets, a stabbing weapon, a good shield, a ranged option, something that does magic damage etc. because stuff is just hilariously weak to one or the other and almost impossible to kill with anything else. Yeah, it's super unbalanced, some of the options are extremely bad, some enemies seem overtuned as hell while most bosses are a joke even if they're not meant to be pure puzzles, but overall it's still a really drat good game.

The remake makes it looks absolutely breathtaking. Some few things lose atmosphere (the skeletons are an obvious downgrade), but e.g. the upper part of Latria with the green fire is stunning. Was just walking through open-mouthed basically. I played this with my wife who usually hates Souls stuff, but she also wanted to see everything just because it looks so good.

Went for the evil ending because it fit how I ended the playthrough - showing off Black Character tendency stuff - and because it's just more interesting than the good one. I'll probably play this again soon with a broken magic build and/or NG+ with this character.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
[16] Deus Ex (PC) 3/26/22

Review:
Timeless. A masterpiece. One of the few games that somehow gets better with age. Still finding new secrets even 23 years later. No game since that has tried to copy its style has got it right.

10/10

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

That Little Demon posted:

Review:
Timeless. A masterpiece. One of the few games that somehow gets better with age. Still finding new secrets even 23 years later. No game since that has tried to copy its style has got it right.

10/10

Which weapon did you choose at the start and which ending did you pick?

tawal
Feb 7, 2012

That Little Demon posted:

Review:

10/10

hell yeah. been thinking about playing deus ex again a lot lately

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

fadam posted:

Which weapon did you choose at the start and which ending did you pick?

mini crossbow - helios

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
made it through most of the game without killing anyone, all bets are off once I get the dragon tooth though lol

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

lol at the tranq darts making people run around screaming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
Tasering people in the butt to knock them out ftw

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)