Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I’ve played 8 hours of it and have no idea what I’m doing. Beat a few bosses but nothing major

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

lmao. try 9 hours.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

done?

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I have such a slow playstyle. I'm 50 hours in and just finished the mage school. I love exploring.

Except the scary red place. I went back there and I immediately left again because I hate it.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the way i did the red place was to ride the horse around the red place while screaming in-between finding sites of grace. you can mostly find the points of interest that way. might miss a couple. don't stop for anything else unless you can recognize there should be something like a cave entryway or one of those ruins with stairs leading down

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Also I accidentally antagonized a random NPC by killing a random bear and now I can't start one of the most important quest lines in the game because of it until I find another item.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

After I beat Halo I’m going to try the drat Elden Ring game. Y’all did it.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Captain Magic posted:

Watching Return of the Living Dead tonight. Man, what an awesome film.

I agree. Turned the zombie genre on its ear, great performances, and... well, teenage me appreciate Leanna Quigley.

Though a lot of people call it a "horror comedy" and I find it incredibly bleak, with "it's hurts to be dead," the boyfriend slowly turning, his co-worker self-cremating, and then there's the ending.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

I am three bosses down on Demons Souls.

I beat the amorphous puddle holding shields and spears made up of several smaller amorphous puddles holding shields and spears easily. Next up was A Big Boy With A Shield, who took me two tries. Then I fought Spider That Shoots Lava From Its Pussy, and I used a summon on that and it took one try. Summons and having a magic wand have made all the difference.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

CobiWann posted:

I agree. Turned the zombie genre on its ear, great performances, and... well, teenage me appreciate Leanna Quigley.

Though a lot of people call it a "horror comedy" and I find it incredibly bleak, with "it's hurts to be dead," the boyfriend slowly turning, his co-worker self-cremating, and then there's the ending.

It's the most punk feeling movie without trying to be punk. It has like the anti authoritarian energy going through it and it is without a doubt the strongest any zombie virus has ever been. I don't even think the 2nd movie is cannon - to me the first one basically ends with the end of the world.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

personally, i just love Clu Gulager

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

pretty wild ride heading north up the west shore of liurnia

oh sweet, a sword that suits my int build
oh SWEET, a dude that can upgrade it for me
oh SWEET JESUS GIANT HAND SPIDERS gently caress YOU gently caress YOU gently caress OFF

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Alaois posted:

personally, i just love Clu Gulager

He's the best part of that like 8 hour Nightmare on Elm street documentary.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Just to clarify, the sword spider guy at the beginning was supposed to beat my rear end right?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Just to clarify, the sword spider guy at the beginning was supposed to beat my rear end right?

Some first bosses in Fromsoft are doable - that guy is not supposed to be beaten on your first game.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

CobiWann posted:

It is super bleak. “Send more paramedics” is both really funny and super dark. It’s a pretty wonderful satire all the way around; all the jokes still land pretty much.

Although man I felt super bad for the actress who had to be flashing vag for however long the shoot was.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Captain Magic posted:

It is super bleak. “Send more paramedics” is both really funny and super dark. It’s a pretty wonderful satire all the way around; all the jokes still land pretty much.

Although man I felt super bad for the actress who had to be flashing vag for however long the shoot was.

i see you're unfamiliar with leanna quigley's film career

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Eat My Fuc posted:

lmao.

Shout out to the guy at Funcoland who would sell me M Rated games at age 10

Shout out to my mum who got me the Master System version of Mortal Kombat when I was 9. Much fun was had. Also when I got GTA when I was 13.

Doubt I'd let my 9 year old play modern MK or GTA V, the difference is world's away

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

if you beat him, you still have to die to continue the game and it comes from gravity

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

CobiWann posted:

"I can feel myself rot" was a :stonklol: moment for young me, I tell you hwat.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

The Batman owns. Paul Dano is one of the finest actors of his generation.

X owns. Grindhouse gore n titties.

This has been Bluedeanie's film review of the weekend.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Could watch Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy every week of the year. Movie is like a warm blanket.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Captain Magic posted:

Could watch Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy every week of the year. Movie is like a warm blanket.

The TV series is also great, and Smiley's People as a follow-up is perhaps even better. The interrogation scene is a loving masterpiece.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Elden Ring. I beat my first boss, then a troll killed me 6 times.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

The TV series is also great, and Smiley's People as a follow-up is perhaps even better. The interrogation scene is a loving masterpiece.

Yeah I started watching the movie tonight because the wife and I watched the first three episodes of the series earlier today. I’ve got the books unread and I’m gonna open ‘em up soon. I meant to read them years ago, but I read Le Carre in order of publication and The Looking Glass War was just too loving bleak and brutal for me and really killed my momentum.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The books are great but I wasn't the biggest fan of The Honourable Schoolboy, it felt like it was playing a bit too much into the "spies country-hopping and seducing women" James Bond (albeit much seedier) stuff that he'd kind of rejected with Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy and Smiley's People.

Edit: That said, The Spy Who Came in from the Cold is great, as is the movie.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Captain Magic posted:

Yeah I started watching the movie tonight because the wife and I watched the first three episodes of the series earlier today. I’ve got the books unread and I’m gonna open ‘em up soon. I meant to read them years ago, but I read Le Carre in order of publication and The Looking Glass War was just too loving bleak and brutal for me and really killed my momentum.

It's a while, but I listened to the BBC Radio adaptations of a bunch of Le Carre & while yes, The Looking Glass War is bleak, I think you have to appreciate what it as of its time, an essential part in trying to puncture the growing nostalgia for WW2 & the competence of the security services. His previous book was meant to achieve this but was taken as a tragedy by lots of readers & so to really hammer home "THIS IS SATIRE, YOU AREN'T MEANT TO ADMIRE THESE CIRCUS FUCKOS" he maybe went a little over the top. But honestly I enjoy bleak so I was fine with it.

Incidentally, if you search your podcast app for Complete Smiley, it's really good radio drama adaptations with Simon Russel Beale as George Smiley.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Beat Elden Ring - 110 hours. Favorite Fromsoft game.

https://twitter.com/tylxx/status/1505579080741273610

Shard fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Mar 21, 2022

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Elden Ring. I beat my first boss, then a troll killed me 6 times.

After killing ~4 dragons I went to one of the furthest zones and a zombie dude with a torch caught me sleepin’

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i killed the hardest boss in 3 tries and died to some dogs + screamed irl while in a room with those big head things that crawl really fast toward you and grab you

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I just discovered there was a tunnel by Miyazaki Hogwarts in Elden Ring, like 60+ hours after I thought I had cleared that entire area, so I went in and was enjoying clowning on the weak chumps inside until I went though the fog gate and found the Crystalian Trio and I HATE YOU, SPEAR rear end in a top hat! :argh:

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Spear assholes comin at you like just makes them all the more infuriating

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

There is zero ways in gently caress I will ever have the reaction time to beat Elden Ring’s final boss and you can’t summon unless you have extremely quick reflexes because there’s so many people trying to summon if you get a cooperator it’s entirely luck. In 7 hours of playing i’ve been able to summon 4 cooperators, two of which ran away from the boss leaving me to solo it and die and the other two were somehow worse than me at this game.

I feel like bashing my head into my floor lol.

I’ve used over 100 fur-calling remedies and now I have to farm more lol.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

Okay, if I’m getting stuck on loving Halo maybe old fart needs to rethink this Elden Ring thing.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Eat My Fuc posted:

I’ve used over 100 fur-calling remedies and now I have to farm more lol.

everything you post about this game makes me think it isn't real and you are all in on some elaborate prank

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Bluedeanie posted:

everything you post about this game makes me think it isn't real and you are all in on some elaborate prank

poo poo eater is mentioned by name in the intro

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it's furlcalling and it's a common finger remedy. makeing this make sense.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9At2ICm4LQ

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Bluedeanie posted:

Turtle Pope. He prays to the one who died for your turtle sins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
these googly-eyed iguana things are my new best friends

e: friendship ended with googly-eyed death-spewing iguana things