Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

Turbinosamente posted:

But but on board effects man! And tbh I don't even know why Rickenbacker uses a Rickenbacker style bridge, mine's lifted a little over the years like nearly all of them do.

they actually finally got forced to upgrade the bridge when they made the al cisneros sig bass lol. i replaced mine with a heavy rear end brass hipshot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off

muike posted:

they actually finally got forced to upgrade the bridge when they made the al cisneros sig bass lol. i replaced mine with a heavy rear end brass hipshot

Was the upgrade just some screws on the back end of the bridge? I hesitate with mine because it's from 1979 and hasn't crumpled yet. Why fix what ain't broke?

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
If I remember correctly it was individually adjustable saddles or something? I had no interest because I knew I couldn't afford the Cisneros sig and also I would probably replace it with the hipshot anyway.

JamesKPolk
Apr 9, 2009

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

Turbinosamente posted:

Was the upgrade just some screws on the back end of the bridge? I hesitate with mine because it's from 1979 and hasn't crumpled yet. Why fix what ain't broke?

Adjustable saddles and a separate string retainer under the cast portion of the tailpiece. For some reason they didn't make it retrofit, so you have to drill eight holes to mount it on a vintage bass? Typical Ric getting 90% of the way to a solid product and then yeeting the rest off a cliff.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

noooooooooooo

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Thumposaurus posted:

Blues lawyers are a dying market gotta get the next big demographic the punk lawyer.

Quit doxxing me

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
I don't practice anymore but that probably just makes it more punk lawyer really.

I went to the Musical Instrument Museum in Phoenix last week and found all kinds of stupid music poo poo and also bought a Stylophone!

https://twitter.com/SAJtDL/status/1506080211175100421

I took like 275 pictures: https://photos.app.goo.gl/SP2QkxYN5Mq94BLq9

They had the prototype electric guitar from before. The company was Rickenbacker and a gold top LP from the first production run

NC Wyeth Death Cult
Dec 30, 2005

He lost his life in Chadds Ford, he was dancing with a train.
Carlos Santana looks like he's enjoying his time in the Phantom Zone

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

Thumposaurus posted:

Blues lawyers are a dying market gotta get the next big demographic the punk lawyer.

Green Day kids with skinny jeans, wallet chains, and black eyeliner are lawyers now?

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

dookie will be thirty years old in two years

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

hexwren posted:

dookie will be thirty years old in two years

Aha, when the video for Longview came out my coffee table looked just like the one in the video.

I grew up became a dad, got a real job. Coffee table was nice, with coasters, magazines, a little Totoro vase.

Now my kids are in college and my coffee table looks just like the one from the Longview video.

https://youtu.be/42BBdzzgPNM

hawaiian_robot
Dec 5, 2006

And I'm happy just to sit here,
At a table with old friends.
And see which one of us can tell the biggest lies

darkwasthenight posted:

Adjustable saddles and a separate string retainer under the cast portion of the tailpiece. For some reason they didn't make it retrofit, so you have to drill eight holes to mount it on a vintage bass? Typical Ric getting 90% of the way to a solid product and then yeeting the rest off a cliff.

When I was building a 4001 copy from scratch, I found myself saying "why the gently caress did Rickenbacker do it this way?" which usually made me go "why am I doing it this way?"

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

GreatGreen posted:

Gibson must have sensed this thread is moving too slow these days. They just came out with a new guitar. It's called the Theodore.

https://www.gibson.com/en-US/Guitar/CUSKUG690/Theodore/Natural

$5,000. They want five thousand US dollars for an ugly piece of poo poo that looks like an Explorer neck glued to a tulip. lol

They're only making 318 of them. They're already sold out, because of course they are.

On my deathbed, as I clutch the my Abbath snowglobe and release my final breath, I will gently whisper "Rosebud." Upon my death everyone will be in a furor wondering what it meant, and it'll be this atrocity.

AveMachina
Aug 30, 2008

God knows what COVIDs you people have

JesustheDarkLord posted:

I don't practice anymore but that probably just makes it more punk lawyer really.

I went to the Musical Instrument Museum in Phoenix last week and found all kinds of stupid music poo poo and also bought a Stylophone!

https://twitter.com/SAJtDL/status/1506080211175100421

I took like 275 pictures: https://photos.app.goo.gl/SP2QkxYN5Mq94BLq9

They had the prototype electric guitar from before. The company was Rickenbacker and a gold top LP from the first production run

I went a few years back, that place owns. I think there's a goon who works/volunteers there?

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
How the hell do you find good clothes for the stage? I have no idea what people are wearing because when I think of guys my age in cover bands all I can picture are bowling shirts or mechanic shirts. I do not want to do the Guy Fieri.

I don't have time to go trolling Goodwills or what-have-you. Is there any place online that has stylish, affordable stuff? I'm way out of my element on this one.

I'm not exactly the kinda guy who likes to wear skulls and poo poo like that.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

Dr. Faustus posted:

How the hell do you find good clothes for the stage? I have no idea what people are wearing because when I think of guys my age in cover bands all I can picture are bowling shirts or mechanic shirts. I do not want to do the Guy Fieri.

I don't have time to go trolling Goodwills or what-have-you. Is there any place online that has stylish, affordable stuff? I'm way out of my element on this one.

just wear whatever you normally wear. imo if you arent cool enough to wear leather pants in your day-to-day, then you shouldnt wear them on stage

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

Just dress like this

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I meant to post that in a different thread, sorry.

How do I put this? I've lucked into great band-for-hire opportunity. Festivals, large clubs, weddings and such. I'll be the sole guitarist in the band I've lost a lot of weight. I'm down under 180 lbs. again so I have nothing to wear. I guess I'll have to ask the boss to dress me, but I was looking online and despairing. I would rather just wear casual clothes but this gig requires at least a nod to stage flash.

Leather pants are out, although they'd look fine on my chicken legs and my rear end is now flat (boo). It's the muffin-top that would really stand out.

Look, I just wanna wear a poet shirt but I know that won't fly these days.

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off
Go for the tried and true method that all the 70s rockstars did: steal your girlfriend's clothes. Or wife as it may be in this case.

NC Wyeth Death Cult
Dec 30, 2005

He lost his life in Chadds Ford, he was dancing with a train.
Dickie short sleeve shirts with a white undershirt are kinda classic if you're in the back line and on a budget. Don't pair them with Dickie pants or shorts unless you want to look like you walked out of the dish pit. Otherwise, pick an REM member aesthetic from the Monster Tour and go hard.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

Dr. Faustus posted:

How do I put this? I've lucked into great band-for-hire opportunity. Festivals, large clubs, weddings and such. I'll be the sole guitarist in the band I've lost a lot of weight. I'm down under 180 lbs. again so I have nothing to wear. I guess I'll have to ask the boss to dress me, but I was looking online and despairing. I would rather just wear casual clothes but this gig requires at least a nod to stage flash.

Leather pants are out, although they'd look fine on my chicken legs and my rear end is now flat (boo). It's the muffin-top that would really stand out.

ah alright if its pageantry you wnat there's some pretty sick stuff here https://www.costumesupercenter.com/categories/horror-gothic tons of draculas and poo poo to choose from

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

more seriously though without a more solid idea of what you want, and knowing you want to save money, i think the best bet would be to just hit up the local thrift stores, were you're bound to find plenty of unique pieces. you'll find something suitable

or:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

It’s time to figure out your corpse paint persona

E- then buy a black T-shirt and jeans and call it a day

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

honestly i'd kill for some sick custom jackets like the flying burrito brothers had

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

Turbinosamente posted:

Go for the tried and true method that all the 70s rockstars did: steal your girlfriend's clothes. Or wife as it may be in this case.

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

the guitarist in my college band always raided the women's section at goodwill before big shows and while we all gave him poo poo for it we also openly agreed that it was because he looked really good in paisley and we were jealous

lmao gently caress, my first edit is not quote

izagoof
Feb 14, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Dr. Faustus posted:

gently caress the dress code, wes borland that poo poo

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

No grip on the guitar, not worthy

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
^^^ If I could erase that album from our timeline I would, but that shirt is hilarious. I have little stick arms though so I need sleeves to flap around.

This is my new favorite page.

There is nothing so helpless as an old dweeb trying desperately to somehow look cool. What can I say? Dude said no t-shirts. I'm completely at a loss but I do see the humor in it.

Ok the Grim Reaper costume would be awesome.

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Mar 25, 2022

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

Go full blues dad and wear a suit

widefault
Mar 16, 2009

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

honestly i'd kill for some sick custom jackets like the flying burrito brothers had

Can't imagine what a real, vintage, Nudie Suit would cost now, but knock off jackets are in the $500+ range. Somehow I can't find cheap ones on AliExpress.

izagoof
Feb 14, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Thumposaurus posted:

Go full blues dad and wear a suit

yeah I was gonna say like a Joe Bonamassa type suit for the most conservative thing that would channel this thread

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

Dr. Faustus posted:

Just get an old western jacket and some jeans. Wear a skull shirt underneath.
https://www.etsy.com/market/western_suit

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I'm tripping right now... Don't fuck this up for me.

Get a full nudie suit and a big rear end Stetson.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Dewgy posted:

gently caress the dress code, wes borland that poo poo

gently caress yeah.

Or Adrian Below 80's King Crimson hot pink 80's suit.

Or just google Lux Interior:

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Dr. Faustus posted:

With the right footwear you can wear anything. Get some good lace up boots.

Chinos, Jeans, Long sleeve shirt, T-shirt of a young hip band. Western shirts work but only a loud one. Think more Oliver Peck and less Cavanders.

Go Mariachi all the way.

https://www.elcharro1.com/trajes-charros-mariachi-suits/

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I legit love that mariachi full gala suit ngl

If I thought I could pull it off I might even try it. Please keep the recs coming, this is gold!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Zubaz with a denim vest, no shirt, and a bowler hat.