Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Salt Fish posted:

This is just a guess, but I'll bet if you asked this person "does getting covid provide long lasting immunity to covid" they would assert that it does.

Herd immunity is right around the corner, we'll get there once everyone has had covid a third time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/JenniferJJacobs/status/1506325463555362817?t=XRItbi4Be8omcnGIzfI2nQ&s=19 lmao

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Potato Salad posted:

I'm starting to wonder from people's experiences if rat swabs are being left on the counter too long to produce good results

or that rat tests are awful for detecting the dominant clade regardless, as known

conspiracy theory: covid is over and a major PCR tester is deliberately loving things up. It wouldn't be the first time :sigh:

nobody I knows has gotten a single positive result from the biden tests

it’s a lil suspicious :thunk:

Pink Mist
Sep 28, 2021

She can’t even say “I have covid” in plain words lmao

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

smythe

SMYTHE

what did you DO

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

Fly Molo posted:

nobody I knows has gotten a single positive result from the biden tests

it’s a lil suspicious :thunk:

I gave mine to my mom when she was sick - she wanted to "test out" of quaratine, or at least have a negative test. She had many positives in a row on Biden tests.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

lol she met with biden twice yesterday
edit aw the person deleted their tweet before this saying "how did they get it twice??"
https://twitter.com/sugarboomomma/status/1506326958820405249?s=20&t=RoBM3V4qK41wRSLOqCmvlg

Harry Potter on Ice fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Mar 22, 2022

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

AppleNippleBOB posted:

I gave mine to my mom when she was sick - she wanted to "test out" of quaratine, or at least have a negative test. She had many positives in a row on Biden tests.

lmao

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

What I honestly don't get is the people that wear the masks but either dicknose (??) or wear it completely pushed down on their chin (?????)

Like COVID is over and surgicals suck dick on your ears. Why are you doing the worst of both worlds?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Potato Salad posted:

I'm starting to wonder from people's experiences if rat swabs are being left on the counter too long to produce good results

or that rat tests are awful for detecting the dominant clade regardless, as known

conspiracy theory: covid is over and a major PCR tester is deliberately loving things up. It wouldn't be the first time :sigh:

i think a big part of it is omicron lodging itself in the throat and the FDA doing its usual FDA thing and refusing to change the instructions from "nasal swab" to "throat and nasal swab"

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

how in the gently caress do people still not get you can get COVID more than once

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

Goreld posted:

Honest question here -
Given the mass propaganda right now, and assuming there isn’t some complete collapse to preagrarian society—
Since such a majority of people are betting on Covid to be over, and it’s definitely not, there’s gotta be a way to make money off that, right? Like maybe hedging on aqua velva or beans or something? What has historically worked, or is it just a “everyone loses if you don’t own a railroad company” situation?

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

~!jenchan....

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Louisgod posted:

how in the gently caress do people still not get you can get COVID more than once

This is how I got into it with my dad. Like he seems to grasp that you can get it, and have bad things happen, but vaccines exist, and 90% of people in the hospital are unvaccinated is the yellow journalism line, so those people are the real problem.

Why Am I So Tired
Sep 28, 2021

I really hate this. I'm so angry right now.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Joe "Open" Biden is too cheap to even make a Corsi cube

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

good lol

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
~*~mildly unable to breathe~*~

Why Am I So Tired
Sep 28, 2021
I guess unlike the American people, Jen Psaki "didn't have the tools" to protect herself from the virus.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

RC Cola posted:

I've stopped talking Covid with anyone but a few like-minded friends/my wife. It's just easier to smile and nod when my parents talk about the 50 suck and gently caress fests they went to over the last 24 hours
aside from 1 friend, i only talk covid poo poo with this thread lmao

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Cheesus posted:

Shooting for the moon here, but does anyone have any experience in successfully convincing anyone how wrong the news/CDC/etc are when it comes to covid?

I've had some luck showing people the before/after pictures of the CDC's COVID map from when they changed it in late February. Before then, they were using the old case rate per county and most of the country was red or yellow. After, most of the country was green or yellow, and has only gotten greener since. I don't think it's changed any behavior, but it gave a few people pause.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Tzen posted:

aside from 1 friend, i only talk covid poo poo with this thread lmao

This thread and my roommate are who I talk COVID with most of the time, nobody else listens.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Louisgod posted:

but that would mean all the leaders and economists talking about “herd immunity” are lying? :confused:

pissinthewind
Nov 11, 2021

Louisgod posted:

it seems like every news article is like "NATURAL IMMUNITY AND VACCEEEEEEEEENES" so i think most people believe that

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

lmao I had to check the date on this lmaooo

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

why isn't she going on the plane?? does joe biden not have the tools to protect himself or something? he could have gotten four rapid tests for himself and jill, that seems like enough to me :shrug:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Bob Socko posted:

I've had some luck showing people the before/after pictures of the CDC's COVID map from when they changed it in late February. Before then, they were using the old case rate per county and most of the country was red or yellow. After, most of the country was green or yellow, and has only gotten greener since. I don't think it's changed any behavior, but it gave a few people pause.

by the way, you can still get the "old" map

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#county-view?list_select_state=all_states&list_select_county=all_counties&data-type=Risk

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Goreld posted:

Honest question here -
Given the mass propaganda right now, and assuming there isn’t some complete collapse to preagrarian society—
Since such a majority of people are betting on Covid to be over, and it’s definitely not, there’s gotta be a way to make money off that, right? Like maybe hedging on aqua velva or beans or something? What has historically worked, or is it just a “everyone loses if you don’t own a railroad company” situation?

trying to gamble on commodities is the sort of thing you do if you are making trades at the multiple times per second rate, for the rest of us it's a pretty bad bet

i'm working class brained as gently caress and i'm p sure i'm going to personally profit off of this by just masking and remote working as much as possible and watching my main competition (other workers lol) get knocked out of contention with me because they get too much brain fog

Why Am I So Tired
Sep 28, 2021

Soap Scum posted:

why isn't she going on the plane?? does joe biden not have the tools to protect himself or something? he could have gotten four rapid tests for himself and jill, that seems like enough to me :shrug:

Good point. Is President Biden unvaccinated?

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

wait i thought the reason we were opening up is because of immunity from previous infections

how could she get it twice? that would mean... :thunk:

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Ooh, thank you.

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

Is WH press secretary within the circle of people that have access to Paxlovid+mAbs? My guess is definitely yes, no way they let them get obviously sick. However the guidance for getting Paxlovid are clear that it should be going to only immunocompromised and other at risk people so it seems like they'd have to bend the rules for her to get them.

Pink Mist
Sep 28, 2021

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

wait i thought the reason we were opening up is because of immunity from previous infections

how could she get it twice? that would mean... :thunk:

Twice in under 6 months! And vaxxed/boosted. I’d feel scared if I couldn’t access ppe.

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

rules are for plebes

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 366 days!

Pink Mist posted:

Can't catch something that is over

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Nocturtle posted:

Is WH press secretary within the circle of people that have access to Paxlovid+mAbs? My guess is definitely yes, no way they let them get obviously sick. However the guidance for getting Paxlovid are clear that it should be going to only immunocompromised and other at risk people so it seems like they'd have to bend the rules for her to get them.

The wealthy and their failsons/faildaughters count as "at risk"

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pink Mist posted:

a positive test impacted a sinus cavity

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

Wait, didn't she already have it? How long ago was that?

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.
they only know the ligma rule

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

lol she met with biden twice yesterday
edit aw the person deleted their tweet before this saying "how did they get it twice??"
https://twitter.com/sugarboomomma/status/1506326958820405249?s=20&t=RoBM3V4qK41wRSLOqCmvlg

4 coronavirus infections per year is what bodies crave