Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Greg Legg posted:

Wait, didn't she already have it? How long ago was that?

very recently lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pink Mist
Sep 28, 2021

Greg Legg posted:

Wait, didn't she already have it? How long ago was that?

Last November

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 365 days!
jen psaki eat my rear end

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

tenderjerk posted:

jen psaki eat my rear end

Some people would pay good money for that

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Didn't she just have COVID a few months ago? Weird.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

thanks to democrats, we are in exactly the same place as we were nine months ago

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Thoguh posted:

Didn't she just have COVID a few months ago? Weird.

The :crackping: is that everyone forgot that, so as far as anyone is concerned, this is her first time

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

:wow: Kentucky!

Yesterday I went to IKEA (lol) and noticed they'd come out with their own air purifier lines, one of which you can slap under an end table surface. I'm sure they're garbage but maybe at some point we're gonna have a lot more hidden air filtration. I wonder if cumulative filtration is as efficient as a single larger unit.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

yeah i don't know what's up but there's ~something~ happening in kentucky

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

I am absolutely 💯 very sure that Biden has Covid at this very moment lol

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

NeonPunk posted:

:wrong:

The undead are immune to disease

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

NeonPunk posted:

i'm similarly sure that biden has been on prophylactic paxlovid for the last year :')

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 365 days!

NeonPunk posted:

I think he perpetually has covid but is also the most titer'd man on the planet

Either way I hope it doesn't go well

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

I'm fuckin howling that the long term plan here appears to be vaccine-only mitigation and to just catch it every 3-4 months until you finally fail your saving throw, which gets worse with every new case and every year you age.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I'm fuckin howling that the long term plan here appears to be vaccine-only mitigation and to just catch it every 3-4 months until you finally fail your saving throw, which gets worse with every new case and every year you age.

no that's the short term plan. the long term plan is that we have cut out pictures from health magazines that make us think good, healthy thoughts and we're pasting them on our "END OF COVID" vision board. We are manifesting the end of the Pandemic, and your bad vibes are holding us back.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Soap Scum posted:

i'm similarly sure that biden has been on prophylactic paxlovid for the last year :')

idk, nonstop prophylactics of brand new drugs doesn't sound like the healthiest thing to do to a 79 year old guy

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 365 days!

U-DO Burger posted:

idk, nonstop prophylactics of brand new drugs doesn't sound like the healthiest thing to do to a 79 year old guy

Would you rather he get sick with covid, a thing that probably doesn't exist anymore?

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

U-DO Burger posted:

i'm not actually that conspiratorial but, also, i wouldn't be particularly surprised if he was taking it after this exposure + the one from the irish person even without a positive test, for example

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/josh_wingrove/status/1506326608302551045?t=_dVY2118YLPr8bDtP25wJg&s=19

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

yup because the bet being made here by capital is you won’t fall apart completely until you age out of gainful employment anyways

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Five days, yes! Do it Jen.

https://twitter.com/PressSec/status/1506324580960452608?s=20&t=qztQyeHllZghtEojglMi1w

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

Tried to estimate the long term impact on the workforce for different infection rates per wave, now that NPIs are gone and >10% of workers getting infected every wave seems plausible. This was done assuming different "attrition" rates ie the fraction of workers that need to leave the workforce due to PASC after an infection or reinfection. In particular an attrition rate of 1% seems plausible and is in line with labor statistic trends since the start of the pandemic, and should be regarded as the "default' or "best" case. Also attempted to model more significant PASC for reinfections as a higher attrition rate for previously infected workers.

I summarized the estimated fraction of the workforce remaining after 5 years here, assuming 2 waves per year, vs different infection rates per wave. Alternatively this can be interpreted as the estimated fraction of workforce remaining after 10 waves vs infection rate per wave under different assumed attrition rates:

The red line represents ~95% of the workforce remaining, which seems to be the level at which the public might be expected to notice a problem. Note that it's plausible ~1% of the workforce has dropped out due to PASC so far, and the overall public clearly doesn't care.

My main takeaway is don't expect the public to take notice anytime soon unless more significant PASC with reinfections is a thing. However if PASC risks for reinfections are only marginally worse the effect becomes noticeable quickly, esp at higher infection rates (>10% per wave). Presumably in those cases this is because the very large majority of workers are infected and reinfected after 10 waves.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
I don't remember exactly when she had it the first time. Was it likely Omicron or Delta?

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

lmao owned

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

Thoguh posted:

I don't remember exactly when she had it the first time. Was it likely Omicron or Delta?

yes

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 365 days!
That is pretty weird the word "covid" isn't mentioned once in her statement

Gives me hope that Clarence Thomas is currently getting ECMO'd for not covid

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Nocturtle posted:

Tried to estimate the long term impact on the workforce for different infection rates per wave, now that NPIs are gone and >10% of workers getting infected every wave seems plausible. This was done assuming different "attrition" rates ie the fraction of workers that need to leave the workforce due to PASC after an infection or reinfection. In particular an attrition rate of 1% seems plausible and is in line with labor statistic trends since the start of the pandemic, and should be regarded as the "default' or "best" case. Also attempted to model more significant PASC for reinfections as a higher attrition rate for previously infected workers.

I summarized the estimated fraction of the workforce remaining after 5 years here, assuming 2 waves per year, vs different infection rates per wave. Alternatively this can be interpreted as the estimated fraction of workforce remaining after 10 waves vs infection rate per wave under different assumed attrition rates:

The red line represents ~95% of the workforce remaining, which seems to be the level at which the public might be expected to notice a problem. Note that it's plausible ~1% of the workforce has dropped out due to PASC so far, and the overall public clearly doesn't care.

My main takeaway is don't expect the public to take notice anytime soon unless more significant PASC with reinfections is a thing. However if PASC risks for reinfections are only marginally worse the effect becomes noticeable quickly, esp at higher infection rates (>10% per wave). Presumably in those cases this is because the very large majority of workers are infected and reinfected after 10 waves.

plandemic working as intended

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

NeonPunk posted:

he’s jair bolsonaro with better PR

Too Many Birds
Jan 8, 2020

tenderjerk posted:

whats covid?

Pink Mist
Sep 28, 2021

tenderjerk posted:

Maybe it’s for SEO reasons? Or they’re just moving away from the C word as part of the off-ramp plan

Why Am I So Tired
Sep 28, 2021
Funny how it's always MILD the moment you pop positive when you're tested constantly.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Pink Mist posted:

Or they’re just moving away from the C word as part of the off-ramp plan

No I don't think they're moving away from Hillary

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

tenderjerk posted:

It literally is, though.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
Just went to get my eyes tested at the local mall. (Trying to squeeze it in on the tail end of this "lull.")

Masking among adults at this mall in suburban Maryland still probably 80% with a greater number of dicknosers than previously.

Driving by the local high school on the way back it was probably 95% masked among students and this was outside on the sidewalk walking home where you might expect them to drop them. The kids know what's up.

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

I just got on this roller coaster but it seems like it just goes up not down. loving bullshit

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

jen, you dont need a negative test. please adhere to CDC guidelines and go back to work after five days.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

sounds like the Psakis are one sick family

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Joementum posted:

yeah i don't know what's up but there's ~something~ happening in kentucky

they flipped to (mostly) weekly reporting and it's loving with 7 day averages

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 365 days!

AppleNippleBOB posted:

It literally is, though.

Oh, I didn't see the second tweet

I am mostly literate, I assure you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

You're making the same mistake as those economists. You're assuming that the entire work force pool is fluid and if a worker is taken out, there will be another worker ready to replace them.

But there will be some locations where the population got hit harder than other, some specific industries are better protected than others (such as the wfh crowd) and some other are more exposed to Covid. Some workers are extremely difficult to replace immediately and are crucial (such as truck drivers for example), they will immediately be noticed by the public. Some industries has an above average older workers than other.