Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006
I actually want one of these

https://twitter.com/polygon/status/1506270421557067786?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

genuinely repulsive, imagine the smell after a few weeks of use

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

Quantum of Phallus posted:

genuinely repulsive, imagine the smell after a few weeks of use

Oh, it's absolutely disgusting, no doubt.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tN5pcQxafpY

Ghostbusters 4v1 FPS

Looks interesting!

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Would be a cool collector's item for the gaming cabinet. Not really for using probably.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Xbox Series Shag

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Feels Villeneuve posted:

999 (the first game in that collection) is a really fun adventure game with escape room segments and a branching story during the VN segments. It's really, really verbose if you're used to point-and-click adventures, so just keep that in mind.

VLR (the second game in the collection) is also really well regarded though I like 999 better.

I kinda bounced off the series after the tenth instance of:

A: I found a note that says we need to open this door with three people.

B: A door?

A: Yeah that door.

C: And we need five people?

D: No he said four people.

A: Actually it's three people.

B: How many people do we have?

A: One.

A: Two.

A: Three.

A: Four.

A: Five.

A: Six.

A: Seven.

A: Eight.

A: Nine. We have nine people.

B: So how many groups do we need?

C: Four groups, right?

D: Wait are you sure you counted right? Let's start over, what did the letter say again?

OH MY GOD SHUT UP

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo
Xbox stays winning

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Can’t wait to have to check my Xbox controller for fleas

Lord Bob
Jun 1, 2000

ColdPie posted:

I kinda bounced off the series after the tenth instance of:

If you haven't completely worn out the "next dialog" button on your controller by the end, can you even really say you played a visual novel?

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006
999 is one of the few DS games that actually utilized the hardware well, and I have no idea how the ports handle that aspect.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

No more back compat they said (although the activision acquisition might change that)
They said they’d reached the limit on what can be FPS boosted using their current methods but they didn’t entirely rule out more titles being boosted.

Yeah, I think what they said specifically was that they reached the limit of what they could do without intervention from the original devs. Couldn't tell you if MS gobbling up devs means they could do more, though. Realistically, I think that that team has been reassigned to other projects, if not separated entirely.

Super cool benefit of the ecosystem, and one of the big factors in my jumping over from PS4 to XOX.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Kevyn posted:

:goonsay:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

SpiderLink posted:

999 is one of the few DS games that actually utilized the hardware well, and I have no idea how the ports handle that aspect.

It's a little awkward though if you didn't know about the DS version you might not notice it.

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo
xbox stays winning

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

shut the gently caress up!!!

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

Kevyn posted:

You should be checking your electronics for ants anyway so this is just a small additional check on top of that.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

SpiderLink posted:

They couldn't really replicate the gimmick at all but it doesn't really hurt the game unless you specifically knew about it beforehand.

There are so many QoL improvements in the remaster over the DS version (not to even mention the voice acting!) that The Nonary Games version is easily the one I'd recommend to anyone.

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006

Feels Villeneuve posted:

It's a little awkward though if you didn't know about the DS version you might not notice it.

Zat posted:

They couldn't really replicate the gimmick at all but it doesn't really hurt the game unless you specifically knew about it beforehand.

There are so many QoL improvements in the remaster over the DS version (not to even mention the voice acting!) that The Nonary Games version is easily the one I'd recommend to anyone.

Thanks, you two. Also good to know there're QoL improvements. It's been long enough that I might want to try again but it would be my third time so knowing it's easier in that regard is good to know.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

I'm torn about the introduction of the flowchart to 999 as skipping through timelines they've already seen over and over until they land on a piece of new dialogue is part of Zero's backstory but mechanically it's 100% a QoL improvement

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

It's funny that publishers thought the Friday the 13th game had no appeal because who would want asymetrical multiplayer.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I guess every 80s horror and action movie gets an asymmetrical multiplayer game now.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Detective No. 27 posted:

I guess every 80s horror and action movie gets an asymmetrical multiplayer game now.

Ready Player One has come true!

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

I really want those fuzzy controllers except my wife’s cat would probably think they were cat toys and try to eat them. Xbox stays woolly.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Detective No. 27 posted:

I will be forever sad they killed F13. That game was hilarious fun when it was broken and legit fun once it got patched a few times.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
FPS boost is a godsend. Going from 30 to 60FPS is an incredible difference, and I'm so glad 60FPS seems to be pretty much the baseline going forward. With the GPU grunt these new machines have, plus excellent Zen 2 architecture, NVMe and custom decompression blocks and all that poo poo, there's no reason this generation shouldn't be able to do that. I like that some games give the option of graphical feature/fidelity/performance modes, but hopefully 30FPs can be consigned to the poo poo heap of history.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

there is a big reason this gen won't be able to do it and it's lazy loving devs

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I am still shook that Dishonored: Death of the outsider has FPS boost but Dishonored 2 doesnt

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I am still shook that Dishonored: Death of the outsider has FPS boost but Dishonored 2 doesnt

same, tragic stuff

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The good news is that 30FPS feels like rear end for about half an hour but I generally get used to it. It still really sucks moving from a 60fps game to 30, though

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Does it? I was playing it on Series X recently and it was 30fps

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Oh wait FPS boost is something I have to turn on? Did not know that until just looking it up

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Bonny Jock Lemon posted:

You can make it so the game freezes when you’re picking abilities, which helps. I’m gonna do that for a new game plus so that maybe I’ll actually use star lords skills

How do you do that? I looked in Options and didn't see anything.

Snyderman
Feb 23, 2005

veni veni veni posted:

Oh wait FPS boost is something I have to turn on? Did not know that until just looking it up

It varies, some games have it on by default and others don't. This list is the easiest place to check.

https://majornelson.com/fpsboost/

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

joylessdivision posted:

I will be forever sad they killed F13. That game was hilarious fun when it was broken and legit fun once it got patched a few times.

Big same, the time I spent playing that game was great and I was looking forward to further development, and seeing that lovely lawsuit gently caress everything up was disheartening. That game was clearly a labor of love.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

I “beat” Tunic but there’s still clearly so much to do. Easily GOTY so far.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

WattsvilleBlues posted:

FPS boost is a godsend. Going from 30 to 60FPS is an incredible difference, and I'm so glad 60FPS seems to be pretty much the baseline going forward. With the GPU grunt these new machines have, plus excellent Zen 2 architecture, NVMe and custom decompression blocks and all that poo poo, there's no reason this generation shouldn't be able to do that. I like that some games give the option of graphical feature/fidelity/performance modes, but hopefully 30FPs can be consigned to the poo poo heap of history.

Buddy, devs are literally never gonna stop buying increased fidelity for 2x the time to render a frame. 30fps is always gonna be around.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Fellow Xbox SeX havers, is there an option somewhere to make it so that plugging in my controller to the Xbox to charge it doesn't turn the Xbox on? I usually forget to plug it in until after I'm done playing and it's kind of annoying.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

There's a Capcom sale on Xbox right now. Resident Evil Remake 2 and 3 are on sale for $16 each or in a bundle for $24 together. They are getting free current gen upgrades in the coming months. Now would be a good time to get them if you have been eyeing them.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Resident Evil 2 Remake is one of the best games of last gen. Masterpiece. 3 is decent but you it more feels like a really good bit of DLC to 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

3 butchers the structure and replayability of the og game but its not bad in and of itself