Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
pls pls pls pls pls do Kissinger next

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Salt Fish posted:

I think you have to manufacture in the USA to get a NIOSH n95 certification.

Yeah, I think you're correct. That was just a wise crack about how all the US mask manufacturers say they end up on the brink of bankruptcy between every wave.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

silicone thrills posted:

pls pls pls pls pls do Kissinger next

no you fool, the virus will mutate in him and become stronger!!

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/POTUS/status/1506340341309390860?s=20&t=YVduTrXeeD1wKWMYyyr4sA

Team Biden is going to infect every NATO leader with COVID

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.
I had a pediatrician tell me Omicron was good for the country lmao

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Plank Walker posted:

relax people, hillary waited to catch BA.2 because it's mild and will be an easy win

tenderjerk posted:

The odds are very good that Hillary will defeat covid in a head to head matchup

:dudsmile:

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Electoral Surgery posted:

is pillowpants forcing you to post this blink twice for yes

it's from this article in forbes: An Omicron-Omicron Recombinant—BA.4

pretty sure that the graphic is something the author did himself, since the caption says the source is ACCESS Health International, and the author is that organization's president. also he's written like a billion doomer pieces on covid since january 2020, cool poo poo: https://accessh.org/covid-19/

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Trixie Hardcore posted:

Quoting this to highlight a fun paragraph

yeah just wait till we know what this poo poo does to you in 5, 10 years.

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

If there's already BA3 and BA4 variants in circulation the Omicron boosters being developed and trialed by Pfizer and Moderna might already be obsolete. Seem to recall they expected them to be available by this fall, to give a sense of how mismatched the race between updated vaccines and viral evolution.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Thoguh posted:

Hillary Clinton has information the will lead to the arrest of COVID.

thread title plz

or

Louisgod posted:

it's truly her turn now

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Trixie Hardcore posted:

Quoting this to highlight a fun paragraph

hahahahaha poo poo

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Gildiss posted:

Also lmao that once again we are getting 500k cases today in Korea and the biggest news is the new President elect refuses to live in the equivalent of the white house because a shaman told him it is cursed. So he wants to move into the equivalent of like the pentagon and evict the heads of military to do it within 50 days.

The only covid plan he wants is to remove these harmful restrictions on small businesses.

:rubby:

I mean, it probably is cursed.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Louisgod posted:

it's truly her turn now

I hope she forgets what happened and remembers every day for the rest of her life

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?
Seems to mesh poorly with a vaccines-only strategy:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2022/03/22/funding-fourth-vaccine-doses/ posted:

White House officials say U.S. has exhausted funds to buy potential fourth vaccine dose for all Americans
As a congressional stalemate stretches into its third week, officials warn it will hurt pandemic readiness

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
That's the plan all along

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Korean Boomhauer posted:

this is my lung song
turned in to cheese song

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?
While Israel is no longer the frontrunner in vaccination levels, it is usually a good harbinger for how well the vaccines-only strategy will fare:

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/13-000-new-covid-infections-in-israel-as-highly-infectious-ba-2-subvariant-spreads-1.10689276 posted:

Israel's COVID Infections Double as Highly Infectious BA.2 Subvariant Spreads
Israeli experts say that those who contracted the omicron variant are likely better protected against the new BA.2. variant, which already accounts for around 60-70 percent of cases in Israel, according to the Health Ministry

The daily number of new coronavirus infections reported in Israel doubled over the past week as the BA.2 version of the omicron variant continues to spread.

According to figures released by the Health Ministry, 12,869 new infections were reported Sunday, double last week’s average. The last time the daily figure hit this level was a month ago. But at that time, cases were steadily declining.
(..)

GXL
Feb 6, 2004

It's against all of our policies for an application to ever share information with advertisers.

Chad Sexington posted:

Has there been anything new about getting COVID through your eyeballs?

I was going to get these ugly prescription safety glasses things with shields on the sides, but now I'm questioning whether it's worth it.

The crazier you look, the more that people will leave you alone. Embrace the masking madman theory

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
That farside comic edit about how nature displays its desire to be left alone with the guy in the respirator needs to be in the op imho

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

U-DO Burger posted:

when shopping for omicron use the following chart to determine which variant is right for your immune system

lol BA4 coming with that big dick energy

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?
To the teachers in the thread:

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/italian-study-shows-ventilation-can-cut-school-covid-cases-by-82-2022-03-22/ posted:

Italian study shows ventilation can cut school COVID cases by 82%

ROME, March 22 (Reuters) - An Italian study published on Tuesday suggests that efficient ventilation systems can reduce the transmission of COVID-19 in schools by more than 80%.

An experiment overseen by the Hume foundation think-tank compared coronavirus contagion in 10,441 classrooms in Italy's central Marche region.

COVID infections were steeply lower in the 316 classrooms that had mechanical ventilation systems, with the reduction in cases more marked according to the strength of the systems.

With applications guaranteeing a complete replacement of the air in a classroom 2.4 times in an hour, infections were reduced by 40%. They were lowered by 66.8% with four air replacements per hour and by 82.5% with six air replacements, the study showed.
(..)
The experiment was carried out between September 2021 and January this year.
(..)

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/Kallindril/status/1506319511670120451?t=NSGurse7VaNF7Ynn7-XHGA&s=19

boot this whole ghoul-rear end administration out into the streets

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 365 days!

holy poo poo lmao 🙃

this is stunning

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
He’s gonna get so many Republican swing voters to go blue when they read that banger of a press release

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

things will always only get worse, it's america, that's what we do. nothing about living in america will ever get better ever again. nothing large, nothing small, nothing important, nothing unimportant. every single aspect of american life will get worse every year, and there will be no exceptions to those, no good years, nothing.

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

FistEnergy posted:

"wave after wave"

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 365 days!
what is this "get back to work" poo poo motherfucker ive been putting in 50 hour minimum weeks for 2 years and since i WFH im basically on call, goddamn I hate this guy so much

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

redreader posted:

Well, it WAS obama, but now it's also Clinton lol
https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/1506397903765581836
lmaooo by the time I catch up with the thread I'll be reading Biden is positive posts

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

He’s gonna get so many Republican swing voters to go blue when they read that banger of a press release

the real pivot to win swing voters would be Biden claiming to have ended the Trump lockdowns

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

tenderjerk posted:

what is this "get back to work" poo poo motherfucker ive been putting in 50 hour minimum weeks for 2 years and since i WFH im basically on call, goddamn I hate this guy so much

some werent working for a while and this broke peoples brains forever

Teenage Riot
May 25, 2010

Thoguh posted:

I had already totally forgot Clinton got it.

The prophet

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Mola Yam posted:

fucken print and frame this page, perfect from top to bottom

edit:

FOURTEEN MINUTES LATER...
lmao I'm cackling over here

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Zokari posted:

some werent working for a while and this broke peoples brains forever

I got laid off in early 2019 and spent three months loving off and it drove my stepmom insane, she told me I was offending god

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

tenderjerk posted:

It only counts as work if your micromanaging boss is standing behind you breathing down your neck the entire day.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

lmfao

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I got laid off in early 2019 and spent three months loving off and it drove my stepmom insane, she told me I was offending god

Good - you should always be working on attacking and dethroning God.

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Mother in law, not stepmom, she’s my wife’s stepmom and all this Covid is making my brain shrink

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

Sitting in the Costco food court unmasked, Bible in hand, reading my favorite Psalms to my five children: Abel, Bethany, Carlos, Carlos, and Carlos.
Man, this Covid thing is no joke. Oldies like John McCain and Harry Reid better watch out

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Louisgod posted:

it's truly her turn now

e:

empty whippet box posted:

things will always only get worse, it's america, that's what we do. nothing about living in america will ever get better ever again. nothing large, nothing small, nothing important, nothing unimportant. every single aspect of american life will get worse every year, and there will be no exceptions to those, no good years, nothing.

:yeah:

Shifty Nipples fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Mar 23, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

[COVID] Obama [x] Clinton [x] Hope [ ]