Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Alder posted:

I just love every kitty :3:

:same:

The only cats I don't love are the squishface breeds, people need to stop making those. I only like them because it's not their fault they got squishface but I wish people would stop making deformed breeds. I love Lucky and Toast though, they're so tiny and cute. But still need to stop breeding them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Boots helping me with job interviews by stealing my chair.

Rosie not helping at all by basking peacefully in the sun.

E: not pictured, various scratching posts and cat beds throughout the house, completely unoccupied.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Kwyndig posted:

The only cats I don't love are the squishface breeds, people need to stop making those. I only like them because it's not their fault they got squishface but I wish people would stop making deformed breeds. I love Lucky and Toast though, they're so tiny and cute. But still need to stop breeding them.

Also, lots of people aren't aware of this, but cats with folded ears, scottish fold-esque, really needs to stop. It's been around for so long it's just accepted but it's extremely sad, every single cat with folded ears will develop joint disease and probably spend much of their life with some degree of joint pain.

(Breeders claim that it doesn't happen if they only had one fold parent but that's nonsense and has been refuted in studies. Dysfunctional cartilage is what causes the folded ears, so if they're falling over, the joints aren't working properly)

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QgQWkyHzlU

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!
Re: self-baking cats -- I used to have a cat long ago called Mr Rednuts (because he was, and he used to have them). His big thing was sleeping in the fireplace behind the inset stove. How he did not bake himself to death I do not know.

I've had other cats who'd hang out in my mother's greenhouse, during summer, when the temps in the greenhouse were 120F.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Today I learned 2 things:

1. Even though it looks very janky by today's standards System Shock is a TREMENDOUSLY immersive game and the sound design and creepy graphics can still really pull you in.

2. When I'm playing with headphones on in order to avoid waking my partner early in the morning, and I'm really in the zone, and then Pushka silently comes up behind me and puts her little paw on my leg because she wants a pat, I make a sort of strangled honking noise.

I post this to shame her.

left_unattended
Apr 13, 2009

"The person who seeks all their applause from outside has their happiness in another's keeping."
Dale Carnegie
She's beautiful :swoon:.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
A Twitter thread of how people met their cats.

https://twitter.com/ellle_em/status/1501920582337802240?s=20&t=t84JtHiTFwt9Y56w_3wIiw

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
And I can rest my feet right... here.

Basically just a big pile of cat bits

Unkempt has a new favorite as of 19:29 on Mar 11, 2022

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Are Dodo videos allowed here? I have a good friend of mine that is having a Dodo video made of the cat she fostered and adopted and is going to steal every heart in this thread.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

If the cat is known to you, I think you have to post.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

Hey Villeneuve, if you haven't decided on a design for the Guild Navigators yet, have I got a pic for you!

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

My ugly kitchen is off limits to the cats and unlike her brother, Lena respects that.

Vaniljcola
Jul 11, 2009

This is Bruce. 15 years young today.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
It's our boy Bishop's birthday today, too!

He's 5 :toot:

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
A few days ago I asked about posting a Dodo video of my friend's cat. While I wait for that to happen, here are some pictures and a small bit of background. My friend runs a canine training place here in town and is really good with animals. She found out about Gracie and immediately fostered her and eventually adopted her. This is Gracie.

She was purposely abused by someone to the point that he stepped on her back, breaking her spine. She doesn't have the use of her back legs. But look at those eyes. loving heartbreaking, right? It is, no matter where this story goes.

But her mom refused to let her give up. Gracie has been seeing a physical therapist group here and is working on getting her back legs back. They put her on a treadmill in water and everything. There are lots of videos of her in therapy and last week she started using one of her back legs just a little bit on the treadmill when they stimulated her tail in a certain way. Obviously a long, long way to go but she is in the absolute best hands possible. Oh and she also pooped on her own in the litter box last week and covered it up herself. Which is a big step.

The other best thing about Gracie is that she has two brothers that absolutely love her.

What I wouldn't give to put the guy that did this to her in a room with these two.

Anyway I know this isn't MY cat but I love her and we are all pulling for her recovery. Will post the video when it comes out, if that is still ok. I can also post her Facebook/Instagram page if anyone cares, or I can PM it.

To make this more personal, here's our cat Lemew and the best thing in her world

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igSAN-xVv_U

Yellow Ant
Feb 28, 2016

Humans can be such evil bastards. I am grateful for kind people who step in and care for abused animals like Gracie. What an adorable little face! I wouldn’t mind updates or a link to her Instagram. And feel free to post more of your kitty too!

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
I can't even process how someone could deliberately maim another living thing like that. Reading it brought tears to my eyes and I hope for only the best for little Gracie.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'd love to hear more updates on Gracie too!

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Gracie is wonderful and I’m glad she has such a lovely family.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
She really is in the best place. I can't download and share the videos but most of them are on Gracie's Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/LifeforGracie

If you go to videos, scroll down to find the one titled "she thinks she's soooo stealthy" to watch one of the cats in the house interact with her. It's awesome.

Unrelated, here's a picture of Lemew from a few weeks ago that gave me some inspiration

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
I saw this cat and I was like, hey cat actually all lives matter

actually they don't, it said, that's the point

so I said, big talk for someone with nine of them

then

gloom
Feb 1, 2003
distracted from distraction by distraction

BaronVonVaderham posted:

It's our boy Bishop's birthday today, too!

He's 5 :toot:
That is one handsome fellow and I hope he enjoys many happy birthdays to come.

Also lots of love for Gracie. My old housemate's dog (no specific breed, but he looks basically like a mini pinscher) suffered a spinal injury in a fall and lost the use of his hind legs. After a surgery and about six months of underwater therapy and treadmill work, he was able to shamble around a bit, and a year or so after that, he could walk and run pretty much like he used to. His legs splay a bit awkwardly when he gets excited, and he seems more cautious about jumping onto the sofa. But I was surprised and impressed how much treatment was available for him, and how well he recovered. Hoping Gracie can bounce back too.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

left_unattended
Apr 13, 2009

"The person who seeks all their applause from outside has their happiness in another's keeping."
Dale Carnegie

He doesn't love me any more. Parents talk about their kids being so well behaved for other people and terrors at home because they feel safe there, apparently that applies to cats too.

Little arsehole was so well-behaved when the vet was checking his ears and charging me $65 to find out he's got ear wax, but I try to clean them out like she did? All hell rained down. So now he gets to wear the cone and think about what he's done until I can get him back there.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
My cat will scratch and claw and bite me when I try to get her in the carrier to go to the vet, but take her out to the vet and she's so scared she turns into a docile angel who just leans and cuddles into me while they inspect/ inject her.

Her sister is always good however, unless there's a moth outside and she needs to claw the screens on my brand new windows because it must be investigated.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
When I took my man Leo in for pee-related repairs, the vet let me know he'd need a pill regimen. I mentioned that Leo really didn't like pills, and the vet scoffed, and said he'd show me the trick to it. Five minutes later, the vet grudgingly acknowledged Leo was a very... spirited cat. Thankfully, he's also v. dumb and v. gluttonous, so he never noticed the suspicious lumps in his wet food.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Easter bunny came early but only left one thing.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

left_unattended posted:

He doesn't love me any more. Parents talk about their kids being so well behaved for other people and terrors at home because they feel safe there, apparently that applies to cats too.

Little arsehole was so well-behaved when the vet was checking his ears and charging me $65 to find out he's got ear wax, but I try to clean them out like she did? All hell rained down. So now he gets to wear the cone and think about what he's done until I can get him back there.

We have the exact same cone and have used it for Katya.

He was prettg fine with it overall and he's unusually good with the vet, handling, and going in to carriers. Lena, however, hates all of that and is a handful to try and wrangle.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/wedoreally/status/1507041697339002884?s=20&t=v0iT3nD6xHCJfgTW2AxBzg

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Is a feature, working as designed

Eldsluft
Dec 22, 2021

"Ingenio stat sine morte decus."

An ordinary domestic cat. This cat was raised by our home to catch rats around 3 months ago.
It grew fat quickly instead just a joke. It has caught multiple rats ever since.

sm.ms automatically made this pic upside down as it should be the correct position and made it look hilarious instead.

Caedus
Sep 11, 2007

It's good to have a sense of scale.

attention everyone: I got my cat scunched and you should too. dm the account owner w/ pics to give your cat a good scrunching. It reminds me of an old gbs photoshop thread so I wanted to share it.

this is my cat
https://twitter.com/scrunchedcats/status/1508828074183434243

these are my personal favorites
https://twitter.com/scrunchedcats/status/1508568167186006020
https://twitter.com/scrunchedcats/status/1508259409327058951
https://twitter.com/scrunchedcats/status/1508192964568182786

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Mack wants out.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Coming home to this thing is amazing. He's so beautiful.

Also our other two cats with their orange sibling-different big orange boy- back in the kitten days this is my favourite photo ever

skateboard kitten in my favourite all-time cat photo wait gently caress why do i have multiple

Edgar Allen Ho has a new favorite as of 19:28 on Mar 30, 2022

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Nyah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

left_unattended
Apr 13, 2009

Dale Carnegie
The sweetest disagreement :allears: