Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Suzuki is KelTec

e: :synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

good question. swiss made (SAN) sig 550 is any modern LC8 (super duke, adv) since it's an old, proven design design (AK / v twin tractor) modernized perfectly :discourse: (plus I own both :D)

SIG USA is definitely modern KTM though. still makes cool things (previously mentioned bikes / modernized p210) but also has stuff of lesser quality made to a price point (390 / p320 or p365 :barf:)

FBS posted:

Suzuki is KelTec

e: :synpa:

this 100% lol suzuki owns and keltec makes cool, stupid poo poo

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

How about S&W?

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

Steakandchips posted:

How about S&W?

hmm that’s tougher since their old revolvers (triple lock, single shot “revolver”, etc.), not counting boutique korth / manurhin revolvers of germany / france, are some of the most impressive firearms ever made. idk you’d have to pick some oddball small manufacturer that handmade incredibly reliable, beautiful bikes, and I don’t know who that is :(

modern s&w idk maybe yamaha? more exciting bikes than honda, but nothing like the H2 kawasaki has or the hayabusa

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I guess a key difference is that unreliable impractical firearms more dangerous to the user than anyone else aren't usually defended as having character.

dema
Aug 13, 2006

TheBacon posted:

What’s a Sig motorcycle? That’s the next bike I need to buy.

I'd go with modern Ducati. Good marketing, attractive, heritage, some questionable reliability and not really as good as their marketing makes them out to be.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Slavvy posted:

What's a gun Honda? Glock?

Ruger all the way. Some exciting and classy models from the 70s-90s. A few great examples of simplicity and minimalism executed in a very pretty to look at package. Appliance-like reliability. A couple models are so reliable and inexpensive that about half the enthusiasts you meet have owned one at some point.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
New tires, chain and rear sprocket came in. Waiting on front sprocket and my baby will be ready to ride with this 60 degree weather coming in. :dance:

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

right arm posted:

hmm that’s tougher since their old revolvers (triple lock, single shot “revolver”, etc.), not counting boutique korth / manurhin revolvers of germany / france, are some of the most impressive firearms ever made. idk you’d have to pick some oddball small manufacturer that handmade incredibly reliable, beautiful bikes, and I don’t know who that is :(

modern s&w idk maybe yamaha? more exciting bikes than honda, but nothing like the H2 kawasaki has or the hayabusa

Arch Motorcycles? (H-D engines right? Should be quite reliable. Beautiful bikes, handmade...)
Ariel? (no idea about reliability of the Ace...)

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?

Slavvy posted:

I guess a key difference is that unreliable impractical firearms more dangerous to the user than anyone else aren't usually defended as having character.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Those are what the nzdf used for ages (maybe still?) and they are ktm/Husqvarna as gently caress to me because they have plastic trigger group parts in the name of lightness or some poo poo

Plus it's a movie star and I suspect that's why the nzdf got them in the first place.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Hmm, that's not good

:stare:

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Totally normal, both of mine are worse, just make sure all the side screws are tight and carry on.

Wedge a block of wood behind the back wheel or use some straps if you're worried about movement.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Seems sturdy enough, just didn't used to do that so has me a little worried. At least it's my bike and not a customer one.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

right arm posted:

this 100% lol suzuki owns and keltec makes cool, stupid poo poo

which specific suzuki is this

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Renaissance Robot posted:

X-90

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

That all chrome busa

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Which gun is Husquvarna. Some handmade potato gun?

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
austrian bullpup?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

The most elaborate, beautiful NERF gun you’ve ever seen

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Did we cover what bike the dumb FN Five-seveN is?

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Lol now do computers

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

TheBacon posted:

Did we cover what bike the dumb FN Five-seveN is?

FN is BMW.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Arson Daily posted:

Lol now do computers

Buell is Compaq.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Renaissance Robot posted:

Uh this is very clearly a buell because it appears to be an attempt to build a gun around the p90 magazine ie justifying a feature by building a whole machine around it, it just screams fuel in frame.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

The most elaborate, beautiful NERF gun you’ve ever seen

epswing
Nov 4, 2003

Soiled Meat
For the first time in a long time I’m riding a bike with a tach, but speedo-left tach-right is throwing me for a loop. My car has these reversed (and I’ve had the same car since I bought it new in 2007, it’s a Honda) and I keep stupidly looking at the wrong gauge.

I know it’ll pass in a couple days but it’s got me thinking about standards. Are motorcycles all over the map or do most bikes have the tachometer on the right?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
The vast majority of motorcycles I've seen with two distinct gauges have the tachometer on the right. There's no standard that I know of, but it seems like the Japanese manufacturers more or less all started building them that way in the 70s, and that has continued through I guess inertia.

Both of my motorcycles and my car all have the tachometer on the right, so I think that is the correct spot for it.

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Mar 23, 2022

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

epswing posted:

For the first time in a long time I’m riding a bike with a tach, but speedo-left tach-right is throwing me for a loop. My car has these reversed (and I’ve had the same car since I bought it new in 2007, it’s a Honda) and I keep stupidly looking at the wrong gauge.

I know it’ll pass in a couple days but it’s got me thinking about standards. Are motorcycles all over the map or do most bikes have the tachometer on the right?

Why are you looking at the tachometer? Your bike has a rev limiter!

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

I just look for the shift light at 11k.

epswing
Nov 4, 2003

Soiled Meat

builds character posted:

Why are you looking at the tachometer? Your bike has a rev limiter!

That’s my point! I meant to look at the speedometer!

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I can't wait for my DRZ to be back on the road. There's no tachometer and it doesn't really go super fast so I'm never breaking the speed limit. Never need to look down.

Then again, the number of time I've had my blinker on for 10 minutes on the Ninja really proves I might not look down ENOUGH as is.

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!

some kinda jackal posted:

Then again, the number of time I've had my blinker on for 10 minutes on the Ninja really proves I might not look down ENOUGH as is.

Don't need to look down to press the indicator reset. :hmmyes:

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

You do if you forget indicator reset exists :cool:

Though last season I did find myself just randomly mashing the indicator reset button.

Snapshot
Oct 22, 2004

damnit Matt get in the boat

You didn’t get the mash cancel after every turn habit drilled into you during the training courses? (I forgot the other day too.)

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!
I got to remind my instructor she had left her indicator on, it was great. (She got to remind me plenty more times)

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Though last season I did find myself just randomly mashing the indicator reset button.

Mashing it is like a little nervous tick I have. I also notice I press it a few times even after I realize my blinker is off.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

epswing posted:

Old Honda with analog gauges: tach right.
Newer Suzukis with analog tach and digital speedo: tach left. There's my case study of 3 vehicles lol.

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?
Despite my first three motorcycles having very aggressive auto-cancellation features on the indicators, I've basically programmed myself to hit the reset button when I turn on my Ducati/Kawasaki. I just don't want to be that goober who has his signal on for miles. Even when I don't need to signal I'll hit the button. It's just a part of my cycle: clutch out/throttle open, reset button, shift up, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I failed my first road test because my instructor didn't cover turn signals at all and I genuinely didn't know you had to turn them off manually :downs: