Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

A Bakers Cousin posted:

I'll be honest I'm going to doubt the 20yos earning minimum wage bought a house anyone would actually be happy to live in

They're not at minimum wage, the 18yo is an assistant manager and works like 46 hrs a week, and the 20yo is in college part time and an event coordinator at the retirement home. They're really responsible and motivated and I'm really impressed with them ok?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
Going to go ahead be assume its a bad idea because there's no way it isn't

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Real hurthling! posted:

yeah i lived like an animal.

I'm 41 and still live like an animal

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Winifred Madgers posted:

They're not at minimum wage, the 18yo is an assistant manager and works like 46 hrs a week, and the 20yo is in college part time and an event coordinator at the retirement home. They're really responsible and motivated and I'm really impressed with them ok?

that’s really cool it sounds like you did a good job as a parent but their houses probably suck poo poo still

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

"wave after wave" is verbatim from zap brannigan

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Winifred Madgers posted:

how much money did you give them for the down payment

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Winifred Madgers posted:

The thing being left out is that the retirement home is Langley

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

indigi posted:

that’s really cool it sounds like you did a good job as a parent but their houses probably suck poo poo still

well, have fun in your narrative if it makes you happy, ill definitely believe you over my lying eyes

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

Winifred Madgers posted:

well, have fun in your narrative if it makes you happy, ill definitely believe you over my lying eyes

The point is no one gives a poo poo about your stupid loving story so shut up and stop posting

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Stereotype posted:

that would be the case if the only people who could buy houses were people planning on living in them. in the future all houses are gonna be owned by HouseCo and you will pay them some insane amount of money in rent for the pleasure of living there. they’ll also be able to stipulate a ton of insane invasive things about your life. this is freedom.

IOT infested smart houses with AI behavior monitors that automatically issue fines

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

A Bakers Cousin posted:

The point is no one gives a poo poo about your stupid loving story so shut up and stop posting

:wow:

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/davidsirota/sta...ingawful.com%2F

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

Democrats... bad?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

TehSaurus posted:

Democrats... bad?

Democrats were always bad.

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

lmao

they've really given up on Kamala haven't they

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
i think they'll keep rotating between kamala and psaki, as neither are people any normal person can stomach for long or who holds up to any scrutiny. if biden can get his scotus pick through, we'll probably be seeing a lot of static images of her for the rest of the presidency over articles that don't really say anything, as it's supreme court nonsense

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

papa horny michael posted:

i think they'll keep rotating between kamala and psaki, as neither are people any normal person can stomach for long or who holds up to any scrutiny. if biden can get his scotus pick through, we'll probably be seeing a lot of static images of her for the rest of the presidency over articles that don't really say anything, as it's supreme court nonsense

Its Her Turn

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I can't believe how excited I am for the Biden/Harris/Psaki campaign!

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

projecthalaxy posted:

I can't believe how excited I am for the Biden/Harris/Psaki campaign!

Now there's a fine thrupple of presidents

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I cant wait to find out on twitter, just like I found out last year that we all knew the Parliamentarian set and shaped the legislative goals of any administration, that actually every administration is mostly defined by its press secretary and they've always been part of the convention and ballot

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Winifred Madgers posted:

I bought a house like a year and a half ago but I'm also not dumb enough to completely ignore reality and think my anecdotal experience trumps all of the data we have wrt the housing market lol

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

projecthalaxy posted:

I cant wait to find out on twitter, just like I found out last year that we all knew the Parliamentarian set and shaped the legislative goals of any administration, that actually every administration is mostly defined by its press secretary and they've always been part of the convention and ballot

So it'll be Trump/Spicey in '24?

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Trump/McEnany would legitimately have a shot, which is terrifying

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

The Framers really messed up not putting Press Secretary in the line of succession. Maybe they (toxic bros) were afraid of epic girlbosses like Jen Psaki and Sarah Huckabee Sanders

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

I bought a house like a year and a half ago but I'm also not dumb enough to completely ignore reality and think my anecdotal experience trumps all of the data we have wrt the housing market lol

Trump no, my original point was just "it can still be done" not that it's easy. They were looking for a long time and had a couple of prospects fall through, it's definitely out of whack and really difficult.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

lmao

How long until Kamala makes the next surprise trip overseas?

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

lmao

the democrats, the

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

lmao

At the very least they're keeping her away from cameras, which makes sense since she can't talk. Her diction is beyond terrible and she can't emote naturally. i've said this before but kamala might honestly be the worst speaker in washington

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

spacemang_spliff posted:

lmao

the democrats, the

but it was drumpf's fault because he started it

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Student loan payments restart in 39 days

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

ex post facho posted:

yeah duh because covid is over. nobody has gotten covid in the last few weeks. everythings back to normal, thank's to mr biden

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

ex post facho posted:

one weird trick to ease inflation!

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

photoshop Psaki in this pose in front of magic the gathering meme buttcrack photo

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

ex post facho posted:

about that

fedloan isn't going to service loans anymore and they're transferring over to another servicer. I got an email from the new company to make an account.

I tried and they're like "we have no record of your loans try again later or call customer service"

lol

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Winifred Madgers posted:

Trump no, my original point was just "it can still be done" not that it's easy. They were looking for a long time and had a couple of prospects fall through, it's definitely out of whack and really difficult.

can i bang your daughters?

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Winifred mangers daughters are going to get destroyed in 2022

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

The fun part of all these "how this 18 year old bought their own home(!!)" stories is when they casually slip in the small meaningless one time gift of $300,000.00 from the parents that didn't really affect anything it was all hard work!

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

spacemang_spliff posted:

about that

fedloan isn't going to service loans anymore and they're transferring over to another servicer. I got an email from the new company to make an account.

I tried and they're like "we have no record of your loans try again later or call customer service"

lol

if this were a home mortgage loan I believe you could file a quiet title claim and if they can't prove the correct custodial chain of your loans and transference you cannot be held responsible for it

I don't think this applies to student loans though, because... Joe Biden!

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

projecthalaxy posted:

The fun part of all these "how this 18 year old bought their own home(!!)" stories is when they casually slip in the small meaningless one time gift of $300,000.00 from the parents that didn't really affect anything it was all hard work!

they still bought a $400,000 house! Mortgage still gotta get paid, working hard! Don’t mention the gift in my budget calculations!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seven Force
Nov 9, 2005

WARNING!

BOSS IS APPROACHING!!!

SEVEN FORCE

--ACTIONS--

SHITPOSTING

LOVE LOVE DANCING

Nonsense posted:

photoshop Psaki in this pose in front of magic the gathering meme buttcrack photo

I was gonna suggest calm.jpg