Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

NorgLyle posted:

This post made me miss card Sylavanas.

remember her being a targeted battlecry?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

NorgLyle posted:

Yeah, I do my weekly quests in Wild but it doesn't seem like the kind of meta where you'd actually get to play Sylvanas for any kind of value.

In the right deck Sylvanas just bodies ResPriest. It's pretty slow and niche outside of that though.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Yestermoment posted:

remember her being a targeted battlecry?

I don't. Was this beta?

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

The first part of the Alterac mystery ??? achievement has been solved.
Can confirm that it works.

It will never cease to amaze me how they figure out cryptic poo poo like this.

Step 1:

- Start a Book of Mercenaries run, pick Xyrella.
- Click on the shape in the lower left corner of the "parchment".
This should open the puzzle board.

To solve, follow these instructions.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qzpEKiGxtp7av5pjMLuXHeZ7CMEJY5OIQpFn--LCI04/edit

I suggest making a small spreadsheet for the tribes, then it's fairly easy to complete with the instructions.

Definetly not as tedious as the previous ones that required to follow a list of 100+ instructions.

Edit:
Only just realized this is part 1 of 3. Ah well.

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Mar 23, 2022

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I'm glad I was able to have a game with golden Bran and friend of a friend before he was removed.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

mcbexx posted:

The first part of the Alterac mystery ??? achievement has been solved.
Can confirm that it works.

It will never cease to amaze me how they figure out cryptic poo poo like this.

Step 1:

- Start a Book of Mercenaries run, pick Xyrella.
- Click on the shape in the lower left corner of the "parchment".
This should open the puzzle board.

To solve, follow these instructions.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qzpEKiGxtp7av5pjMLuXHeZ7CMEJY5OIQpFn--LCI04/edit

I suggest making a small spreadsheet for the tribes, then it's fairly easy to complete with the instructions.

Definetly not as tedious as the previous once that required to follow a ist of 100+ instructions.

Edit:
Only just realized this is part 1 of 3. Ah well.

:psyduck:

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Firebert posted:

Fun card, I don’t know why you would ever pick Tidestone, though. The other effects are good to great.

I feel like Xal'atath is going to be the pick 90% of the time since you're going to be running Azshara in a spell-heavy midrange deck and 2 mana for 10 face damage is gonna win you a lot of games

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

ive hit legend with beast druid every month for the past 3 months... rotation please

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
https://twitter.com/HSTopDecks/status/1506576293848047617

Getting Altruis vibes from this, might be a strong finisher for fel/spell DH

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
ok i'm not sure i've had a board like this before

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Firebert posted:

https://twitter.com/HSTopDecks/status/1506576293848047617

Getting Altruis vibes from this, might be a strong finisher for fel/spell DH

It's basically flamewaker but you can buff the damage in a class with a lot of cheap spells.

New Rogue legendary
Admiral Hooktusk
If you've summoned 8 other pirates plunder enemy:
Take their highest minion,
Take two cards from their hand or
Take 5 cards from their deck

8/8

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Mar 23, 2022

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
Speaking of flamewaker, pretty sure there will be a new flamewaker-style otk deck in wild with the new flamewalker mage mech, mechwarper, molten reflection/potion of illusion and snip-snap, but time will tell how competitive that's going to be.

(from a couple days back)

Edit: On second thought, do magnetized minions count as summoned?

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
Thinking of brewing a Prestor/Field Contact deck to gently caress around in the latter days of this format, any ideas?

E: Almost got an OTK through Haleh and Coldterra with Scabbs in play.

Boatswain fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Mar 23, 2022

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Oenis posted:

Edit: On second thought, do magnetized minions count as summoned?
I don't know, but this did make me realize that this should trigger from battlecries and deathrattles that summon mechs. (And the Mech colossus gives it three triggers by itself.) If they include the right mechs in the core set, it's a lot easier to make this do busted things than I gave it credit for initially.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I know battlegrounds largely runs off the same code and magnetized minions there trigger any 'when summoned' effects.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006
Broke into diamond for the first time, didn't push for it just got higher than normal streaks playing hp mage, quest hunter and 2 versions of ramp druid.
Of course as soon as I got diamond 10 I lose 10 games in a row, but the rank protection took the sting out of it.
Probably not going to have enough steam or time to get diamond 5, but might try for it next month with the new rotation

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Second phase of the Alterac ??? Mystery Achievement - Cariels Maze.

https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/tkvvj8/guide_to_the_cariel_mystery_achievement/

This one seems to require a bit more dedication than Xyrella's puzzle.

Edit: And the final step, Kurtus.

https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/tl6siw/guide_to_the_kurtrus_mystery_achievement/

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Mar 23, 2022

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
I forget, is it worth stockpiling packs from brawl etc. for the new release or is that dumb because it's going to be a new year of the whatever, so they'll only yield "old" cards when I open them after waiting that long?

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

Oenis posted:

I forget, is it worth stockpiling packs from brawl etc. for the new release or is that dumb because it's going to be a new year of the whatever, so they'll only yield "old" cards when I open them after waiting that long?

Yeah Brawl packs have been 'Year of the...' packs rather than Standard packs for a while now.

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

Cats like optical fibers.

victorious posted:

Yeah Brawl packs have been 'Year of the...' packs rather than Standard packs for a while now.

Speaking of that, is there a "Year of the X" title for the coming year? I don't recall hearing it or seeing it anywhere.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

I think they usually announce it along with all the other rotation info, not sure when they're doing that.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Jolly Jumbuck posted:

Speaking of that, is there a "Year of the X" title for the coming year? I don't recall hearing it or seeing it anywhere.

Will get announced with the new core set

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

mcbexx posted:

Second phase of the Alterac ??? Mystery Achievement - Cariels Maze.

https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/tkvvj8/guide_to_the_cariel_mystery_achievement/

This one seems to require a bit more dedication than Xyrella's puzzle.

Edit: And the final step, Kurtus.

https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/tl6siw/guide_to_the_kurtrus_mystery_achievement/

holy poo poo is the maze part ever tedious

at least it's done and I have the card back now :toot:

thanks for linking these

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

edit: A week into the reveals and we still haven't seen a new Reno. I really thought that would've been a headliner.

Kalko fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Mar 24, 2022

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Kalko posted:

edit: A week into the reveals and we still haven't seen a new Reno. I really thought that would've been a headliner.

I thought they were bringing him back for the core set.

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

Could be, but in a League of Explorers-themed expansion it would be the first time they had a Finley without a Reno (or Elise).

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Kalko posted:

Could be, but in a League of Explorers-themed expansion it would be the first time they had a Finley without a Reno (or Elise).

It's an ocean themed expansion. Finley is aquatic.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

Reno might end up in the core set?

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

Cats like optical fibers.

Kalko posted:

I think they just brought him in for underwater adventure flavor, kind of like how they had Elise in Un'Goro.

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
I dunno, I think we might just be seeing individual explorers in this years sets, with no highlander themes? Guess we'll see.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?
But also, if Reno's in the core set and we're going for a loose "exploring random bits of Azeroth" theme for this year's expansions, they could just put one in each expansion and it will genuinely be really neat.

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

Yeah, that does sound pretty cool. Next question is, which Reno will show up in the core set? My guess would be the original, but either way I don't see them adding only a single highlander card unless they plan on adding more into the other sets this year (I'm assuming there won't be any in this expansion since none have been revealed yet and they likely would've been a bullet point feature).

The other option is that the core set contains a new Reno, since we know core sets can have new cards now.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

:psyduck:

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

Ok fuuuuuck doing that Cariel maze puzzle. I can do without the cardback!

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Oh no Shamans can consistently make Unstable evolution cost 0. Also there’s no way Lightning bolt is staying in Core now

Btw here’s the other Warrior legendary, it’s garbo

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

I give it a week until they slap Echo (so the copies can't cost more than 1) onto Unstable Evolution and call it a day.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

RatHat posted:

Oh no Shamans can consistently make Unstable evolution cost 0. Also there’s no way Lightning bolt is staying in Core now

Btw here’s the other Warrior legendary, it’s garbo

I prefer this card when it had the flavor "prepare da mechachicken!"

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Ashvane is the worst design they’ve put out in a while, it’s like the legendary version of a filler card

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
oh cool it’s a more expensive version of whatever the 2-mana card that did the same was called, which I can’t remember because it was unplayably bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
It's just Honart Grapplehammer with a better statline. The dude barely saw play 6 years ago, they think it do so more now?