Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

gad drat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
This game rules

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Offensive rebounds won Arizona this game in the last minute.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

Rule(d) this poo poo is over

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

What a game

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

TCU got hosed at the end of regulation. Good game though.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
TCU forgot how to box people out and allowed approximately 173 offensive rebounds in the final 90 seconds.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Bird in a Blender posted:

TCU got hosed at the end of regulation. Good game though.

felt like a very dog poo poo result / ok game after the guy got tackled at halfcourt with 8s left

that loving blows

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Somehow my bracket's entire final four survived the first weekend. :toot:

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

stump collector posted:

felt like a very dog poo poo result / ok game after the guy got tackled at halfcourt with 8s left

that loving blows

Cheating-rear end Arizona continues to go on unpunished.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

SourKraut posted:

Cheating-rear end Arizona continues to go on unpunished.

:lol:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

stump collector posted:

that loving blows

Even if they didn't call the foul it probably should have been over and back (assuming a world where that wasn't a foul). They just weren't going to call a damned thing on that play either way.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
God drat I'm dying.

All love to TCU, that was a man rear end man game and an amazing will to win. Big ups to Ben for putting Arizona on his shoulders, and Arizona redeeming themselves and winning via offensive rebounds in OT was poetry.

Houston is going to be very tough but I will enjoy this one.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Ha, I totally missed the clock stopping.

https://twitter.com/rodger/status/1505768565416341506

Clock operator the only one in the building with any authority at all who was like 'well surely something just happened there.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Mar 21, 2022

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Rick posted:

God drat I'm dying.

All love to TCU, that was a man rear end man game and an amazing will to win. Big ups to Ben for putting Arizona on his shoulders, and Arizona redeeming themselves and winning via offensive rebounds in OT was poetry.

im glad ur team prevailed over chaos but im sad tcu didnt pull it off

i guess i probably jinxed it several pages ago :airquote:

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Well poo poo.

On one hand it's nice to have actual disappointment regarding a postseason game. That's an altogether unfamiliar feeling.

How it all went down, though... Yeesh.

Fun season- the kind I wish I had at TCU at literally any point I was there. This seasons win total might eclipse my entire undergrad career.

Eddie Lampkin is a drat highlight reel and is an absolute delight to have watched this year. Now to just tighten up the free throws.

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

What. A. Game.

Tcu’s plan to crash the offensive glass is ballsy against seven footers, but it seemed to pay off? Arizonas bugs couldn’t run the floor for easy buckets in transition like they normally do. I wonder if anyone else can replicate it

Ubiquitus fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Mar 21, 2022

stump collector
May 28, 2007
kinda wish sean miller never got fired so he could sweat his poo poo off at the score or alternatively gently caress it up somehow

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

stump collector posted:

im glad ur team prevailed over chaos but im sad tcu didnt pull it off

i guess i probably jinxed it several pages ago :airquote:

I was definitely trying to avoid a posting jinx.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Lol, the SEC with a worse tourney showing than the Big Ten.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Regnevelc posted:

Lol, the SEC with a worse tourney showing than the Big Ten.

It's mostly an academic conference, the athletics are secondary.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Grittybeard posted:

Ha, I totally missed the clock stopping.

https://twitter.com/rodger/status/1505768565416341506

Clock operator the only one in the building with any authority at all who was like 'well surely something just happened there.

I didn't get to see the end of this game, but that's a big yikes.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Also that was an uuuuugly game by Tech vs Notre Dame. I feel like ND was running an interesting defense against Tech that had us a bit perplexed.

Most teams run a zone against us because the team has super inconsistent outside shooting (Obanor and Williams, our 2 best shooters, can be 50%+ from 3 or 0% and seemingly nothing in between). We've gotten a bit better over the year of getting the ball inside and doing things against zones, but still struggle.

Notre Dame was running a pack-middle. They were relying on our inconsistent outside shooting and just jamming as many bodies into the paint as possible. Any time we tried to drive, it was like driving into a solid wall. And we weren't getting the foul calls we were used to. Being called for a lot of charges in the first half made us hesitant of any contact in the second.

I think our spacing was weird on offense too, especially in the 2nd half. We had 2 guys in the paint along with 3 or 4 Notre Dame defenders. Really was almost like were were saying, well, if you're going to jam in there and not attack us in transition, we'll throw some big bodies in as well and make it messy. Obanor, he of the double-double, was feasting especially on offensive rebounds in 3v1 or 4v2 rebounding situations.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Hey man, I'm just looking forward to what their actual punishment is for various Level 1 violations... in 2030. :lol:

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Rick posted:

I don't think UH has the depth to keep up this time, but hell I'll take a Sweet Sixteen after all the injuries in December.

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
Kansas State would probably like to be more than one player deep. NC State shut Lee down and K-State is shook

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Wolfpack winning by 35 in the 4th, looking pretty dominant.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

God the withdrawals after the first weekend are the worst.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Yoooo, Michigan kind of stylin' on Villanova

GO BLUE

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

ND is destroying Oklahoma. Ouch.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

surf rock posted:

Yoooo, Michigan kind of stylin' on Villanova

GO BLUE

https://twitter.com/ByAZuniga/status/1506059984404111361

https://twitter.com/ByAZuniga/status/1506059242326966272

the lower bowl appears more packed than during big Men's basketball games

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
Too bad for Belmont, but good on them for coming back in the 2nd half

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

Probably Magic posted:

Wolfpack winning by 35 in the 4th, looking pretty dominant.

State not taking any chances with that Sweet 16 berth this year.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
This cbi championship is crazy lol

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I know the NIT is whatever and wish we'd made the tournament but A&M getting to play in MSG is still really cool

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

and they should savor it

https://twitter.com/petethamel/status/1506830001546711045?s=21&t=PenQWeZEr1MpC3Ec6tQtHg

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

So the NIT is two years away from death

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

If the NIT has stuck around this long, I don't see them going anywhere. MSG has a draw, but there's plenty of other places in the US that will get people to travel to games, and TV doesn't really care.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
MSG's allure has been dead for decades and everybody outside of NYC already knows this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Understand obviously why it happens but irked as always that they double up the Sweet 16 games rather than staggering the games to last a full program day.