Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Can we add Ted Rall to the list of sanctioned individuals, no doubt he would be overjoyed since they're a combination healthful diet plan and reading holiday, and not a cruel weapon of mass punishment to starve innocent civilians

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

Rowe:

Ash Barty announces retirement from tennis after decorated career (ABC)

Knight:

Warren Brown:

Lethbridge:

I'm not sure what this is trying to say but it might be this: Anthony Albanese's desperate attempt to try and honour Kimberly Kitching is revealed - but he still refuses inquiry into allegations she was bullied by Labor 'mean girls' before her death (Daily Mail).

Wilcox:

‘Chattering classes’: Australian government dismisses UN secretary general’s climate criticism (Guardian) "António Guterres says coal is a ‘stupid investment’ that will lead to billions in stranded assets".

Spooner:

The Australian has been running stories on the Hunter laptop thing.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.

I can respect this classic film ref.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

"Chew Kraine"

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

This is a really clever toon.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Kellies nomination: Overall Best

Unironically AGC.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Jagged Jim posted:

I mean, right now contrarian leftism is just parroting Russian talking points so it's not like Roll has far to go.

Nah that's the right, the contrarian left's main talking point is "boy there sure are a lot of overt Nazi symbols in these photos of Ukranian soldiers y'all keep telling us are heroes"

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

moonmazed
Dec 27, 2021

by VideoGames

Somfin posted:

Nah that's the right, the contrarian left's main talking point is "boy there sure are a lot of overt Nazi symbols in these photos of Ukranian soldiers y'all keep telling us are heroes"

gently caress off

count_von_count
Nov 6, 2012

I'm still amazed Branco keeps finding new ways to be artistically incompetent. Why does the rocket have a ton of greebles around the nozzle? Why does it only have 2 fins? And more importantly, why is it bolted to its launch pad cube?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

count_von_count posted:

I'm still amazed Branco keeps finding new ways to be artistically incompetent. Why does the rocket have a ton of greebles around the nozzle? Why does it only have 2 fins? And more importantly, why is it bolted to its launch pad cube?

There's some sort of tortured metaphor I could make about it being a catherine wheel but meh. Branco just sucks.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Xander77 posted:

Google translate got fairly decent at translating European languages, but it still switches genders when talking about weight loss. Hah.

You'd think rall of all people would know some russians to help with his translation

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Robert Ariail

Clay Bennett

Chris Britt

Stuart Carlson

John Deering

Al Goodwyn

Bob Gorrell

Walt Handelsman

Phil Hands

Joe Heller

Clay Jones

Gary Markstein

Jack Ohman

Henry Payne

Joel Pett

Michael Ramirez

Rob Rogers

Drew Sheneman

Tom Stiglich

Dana Summers

Gary Varvel

Matt Wuerker

Tony Branco

quote:

Chamber of Horrors: Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson will not receive the horrific treatment the GOP SCOTUS nominees were given by Democrats.

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

Kellies Nomination: Laziest Non-Gorrell

You either die a Kreider, or live long enough to see yourself become the Bennett. :sigh:

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
From the SA Mafia discord:

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Raised By Birds posted:

Robert Ariail

Bob Gorrell

Tony Branco

Ariail: To be fair, it must be absolutely miserable to be a metaphorical dog at those hearings.

Gorell: Kavanagh did get the hearing he deserved. Also gently caress you to anyone who talks about being soft on crime while also maintaining that sexual assault is not a crime if a republican does it.

Branco: gently caress you in particular.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Yep. Didney sure is riiiight on the LGBT rights train anywhere it makes money and gently caress anyone else.

Kellies nomination: Worst Concern Trolling

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
The worst crimes of wokism: sex ed, safe sex ed, not being able to use whatever words I want for those people, trans.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Kellies nomination: Most Easily reinterpreted

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
I want to go to transgenderland.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Is that closer to Transylvania or Transjordan?

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Did the Republicans actually nominate a black guy named Thomas for the Supreme Court recently or is Payne really loving stupid enough to say that Clarence Thomas is a current nominee just so he can pretend that, actually, the Republicans are the real victims of racism.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Did Stantis forget that Carmen's campaign headquarters got blown up and was a smoking crater?

sirtommygunn posted:

Did the Republicans actually nominate a black guy named Thomas for the Supreme Court recently or is Payne really loving stupid enough to say that Clarence Thomas is a current nominee just so he can pretend that, actually, the Republicans are the real victims of racism.

It's referring to how Biden called for an investigation into Anita Hill's accusations of sexual assault back when Thomas was nominated, and after more accusations surfaced, he postponed the nomination process.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
Yes, the right wing is pointing to Thomas' confirmation hearings as proof that the Democrats are the real racists. This is usually sandwiched in between whining about how Democrats only nominate minority Justices and never good White Christian Males instead.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

And yet they nominated a woman after RBG, and they are loving liars if they try to pretend that wasn’t intentional to make her slightly more palatable so she could get confirmed before the election.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Aside from all the other reasons it's dumb, if Democrats are treating black people differently from each other based on their political views, that's not racism

You might even say they're judging them based on the content of their character

If you're thing to do the "real racists" thing shouldn't idk Merrick Garland be at the front of the bus so Payne can say Democrats are treating Thomas differently because he's black?

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Weren't some Republicans also going after her because she's married to a white man, so she would be biased on cases about interracial marriage, while Clarence Thomas is married to a white woman so the same issues about him should have been raised?

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

It's the same as how Democrats gave Boozy Brett a "hard time" during his nomination. The worst thing anyone can do in the world is slightly inconvenience a Republican.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Randalor posted:

Weren't some Republicans also going after her because she's married to a white man, so she would be biased on cases about interracial marriage, while Clarence Thomas is married to a white woman so the same issues about him should have been raised?
Never get tired of the dumb guy definition of bias which is basically "everyone who disagrees with me is biased"

You're in an interracial marriage so you're too biased to rule on interracial marriages, I who stuck to my own kind am the neutral observer

You officiated at a gay wedding so you are biased, I who spit on gay people am the serene wise man floating above it all on a cloud of objectivity

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength
You are alive; therefore you are biased in favour of being alive.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Rishi Sunak’s spring statement – The chancellor has unveiled a package of measures, including raising the threshold of national insurance"

Telegraph:

"Sunak should have axed the National Insurance rise, not cut fuel duty"

Matt

Independent:

Rishi Sunak told 5p fuel duty cut ‘will benefit gas-guzzling SUV owners most’

Times:

Evening Standard:

Sunak offers tax cuts but living standards set for biggest fall in 66 years

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

Angus Taylor, emissions reduction minister., Barnaby Joyce is the deputy PM and Nationals leader. Two stories:
Australia’s carbon credit scheme ‘largely a sham’, says whistleblower who tried to rein it in (Guardian).
Prime Minister Scott Morrison joins growing chorus of Hillsong Church allies to distance themselves from founder Brian Houston (ABC).

Rowe:

The mob in the background is from the death of Senator Kitching and the ensuing bullying allegation / Labor factional infighting. A whole bunch of elements with Morrison, a new one is: New Zealand refugee resettlement deal with Australia to happen nine years after initial agreement (ABC). Apparently this was the deal struck with independent senator Jacqui Lambie in 2019 which they then sat on for two and a half years.

Warren Brown:

Wilcox:

Girls sent home in tears as Taliban reneges on plans to allow female high school students in Afghanistan (ABC).

Spooner:

Moderna will produce its mRNA vaccines in Australia from 2024, with final deal signed off (ABC).

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

The gently caress is this? Is this because of the walk out over the anti-gay policies among the upper management at Disney?

"Don't you understand!?? If we let more stories feature gay characters then it will lead to more education about safe sex! Which is bad for some reason! Also, more acceptance for trans people and for some reason being more respectful to people who are short which is also bad I guess?"

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Half of Payne's cartoons these days are just whinging about various things being "woke", a term which he barely understands.

He was less tedious when he was doing bumper sticker cartoons every drat day.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
It's also probably referring to the fact that apparently there was a same sex kiss in the upcoming Buzz Lightyear movie that was originally cut out, but Disney said they're putting back in after DeSantis' anti-LGBT bill.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

The gently caress is this? Is this because of the walk out over the anti-gay policies among the upper management at Disney?

"Don't you understand!?? If we let more stories feature gay characters then it will lead to more education about safe sex! Which is bad for some reason! Also, more acceptance for trans people and for some reason being more respectful to people who are short which is also bad I guess?"

You know it is.

the florida government is going all in on screeching that allowing gay people to exist and letting children know they do is pedophilia, and hoo boy do the republicans love a good spurious "think of the children" screech plastered over absolutely deranged bigotry

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Twelve by Pies posted:

It's also probably referring to the fact that apparently there was a same sex kiss in the upcoming Buzz Lightyear movie that was originally cut out, but Disney said they're putting back in after DeSantis' anti-LGBT bill.

Also, one of Disney's most popular recent cartoons is heavily LGBT, even including a same-sex relationship between the main character and her girlfriend.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

quote:

SCHOOL FOR TYRANTS- KLAUS SCHWAB’S YOUNG GLOBAL LEADERS

Klaus Schwab is the Chairman of the World Economic Forum (WEF) and he spearheaded an effort to train (brainwash) young leaders in order for them to carry out a New World Order game plan.

Based in Switzerland, the Young Global Leaders (YGL), is Schwab’s attempt to control the world though the globalist indoctrination of young leaders, which are not only major heads of countries, but also leaders in the media, finance, the arts, and education. They include billionaires such as Peter Thiel, who heavily influenced Facebook. Thiel also creating a global tracking device known as “Palantir,” after the Lord of the Rings crystal ball spy glass. I used to like Thiel because he supported Trump, but that now appears to be a distraction—a ruse. Same for Tulsi Gabbard. She often appears on Fox News and is anti-war. I like her for that, but her globalist views are appalling.

Schwab is using his students to further the globalist New World Order vision of a totalitarian system. If a citizens steps out of line, then the globalist social credit system could issue fines and confiscate money from the offender’s bank account. Or seize the money altogether. We saw Trudeau carry this out (a trial run) in Canada during the truckers’ protest. Those who insulted the corrupt, globalist politicians had their money taken by the same corrupt politicians. In Germany, we are seeing the arrest of citizens for simply ‘insulting’ political leaders. Schwab applauds this.

It’s not a left or right thing. Several so-called ‘conservative’ politicians such as Dan Crenshaw and Tom Cotton have graduated from Schwab’s globalist prep school. Even Ivanka Trump.

To help get Schwab’s students elected, oligarchs such as George Soros pour in campaign funds and pull strings. Soros has helped globalist judges and district attorneys gain power in America’s big cities and turn them down the path toward globalism.

The New World Order continues to tighten the screws on our freedom. Our loss of liberty is converted into more power for the cabal at the top of the pyramid.

We can push back by refusing to support any so-called ‘leader’ who has graduated from the School of Schwab.

— Ben Garrison

He's been going after Schwab so much lately I was almost surprised to see him mention Soros again.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

But Peter Thiel is like 60 years old, he's not a young leader at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I like how he rationalizes disliking Thiel, who boosted for Trump. It was all a ruse! Thiel was rusing us! It couldn't be that the Trump administration was just a big raid on the US treasury for whichever crook could get Trump's ear.
I'm surprised he turned on Dan Crenshaw, I thought he was big with the Ben Garrison crowd. But I haven't been following.