Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

“You know I don’t think robbing a bank is really your thing.” His brother Nieles says this with a poo poo eating grin, but Frasier doesn’t even smile back. Instead, he grabs a knife out of his coat pocket, a large black blade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

repiv posted:

AI Dungeon didn't really do themselves any favours by including all this in their training dataset

https://gitgud.io/AuroraPurgatio/aurorapurgatio

this reminds me of people who wrote in library books with a running commentary of what they like and don't like about each page. way before internet days where they can just post their trash to a blog.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

The point isn't just "this stuff is problematic" though, it's that AI Dungeon fed a bunch of problematic stuff into their model and then did surprised pikachu face when it started regurgitating stuff about abusing children

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
Using GPT-J, Fairseq GPT 13B and GPT NeoX-20B we can finally figure out:

HOW TO MAKE WITCHES BREW: posted:

-Eye of newt
-Leg of lamb
-Gob of cat
-Hand of frog
-A little child killed in war
-Saltpeter
-Powdered herbs
-Fresh rat
-Liver of pig
-Heart of dove

Place all ingredients in a large crock pot. Cover. Cook on low for 24 hours, stirring once. Serve with corn tortillas.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

"You can try to go on and on about the wonderfulness of the condom" is pretty good thread title material but I'm not sure we can ever replace the one we have.

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

Being a pharmacist sucks when it's a condom cleaning day.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

I feel like going on and on about wonderfulness could help make somethingone in this scenario wet, but not the condom.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Xpost from dangerous chemistry thread

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
drat who buying all the GPUs?

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Tunicate posted:

Xpost from dangerous chemistry thread

I don't like "orders of magnitude more lethal than VX"

Not one bit

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Prometheus made a really bad call with the whole giving man fire thing

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

https://mobile.twitter.com/SimpleTeo/status/1503819902280470532

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
Off to a good start in AI Dungeon

quote:

You say "I need you to craft an arcane weapon. What would it take to make you do that"

Joseph tells you he needs a ritual to be performed that will not only allow him to smith arcane weapons, but also gain him immortality.
"I need a human heart" Joseph tells you,

You say "A human heart? Are you talking about human sacrifice?"

Joseph tells you he needs a human heart to perform the ritual.
"No no" Joseph says, "I'm not planning on having a human sacrifice. I need a human heart. A heart that's still beating."

You say "Where could such a heart be found, if not from human sacrifice?"

Joseph tells you he doesn't know.
"I've tried everything. I can't find a way to make the smithing ritual work without a beating heart" Joseph tells you.

You say "Do you want me to find you a beating human heart?"

Joseph tells you he doesn't know.
"I'm not asking for a human sacrifice" Joseph tells you.

"Then what do you need?"

"I need a human heart."

You remove your human heart and offer it to Joseph.
Joseph takes your human heart and begins to craft an arcane weapon with it. He casts a spell that causes you to fall asleep, and once you awaken you find yourself in a strange place.
"Where am I?"

You look around.

You find yourself in a graveyard. The dead rise and fall around you, and the sky is filled with the weeping of all those souls.
"I'm dead" you say out loud.

quote:

You offer the ghosts a cigarette from your pack of menthols.
Ghosts are attracted to cigarette smoke, and soon you are surrounded by a cloud of stale cigarette smoke.
"Why are there so many ghosts here?"
"This is a gateway to the after-life"

You say "Hey, do any of y'all smoke weed?"

A ghost with a severe case of frostbite tells you that he can't smoke weed because it makes his joints swell up.
"But you could probably snort some cocaine"
"No no"

You say "I have a purple grape space blunt that was buried with my corpse. You wanna hit that with me?"

The ghost of a hobo smiles and nods.
"Y'know what, I'll even throw in a few extra hits of crack"
"O.K, let's do it"
"Wait"

You smoke up with the graveyard ghosts.

The ghosts get up close to you and you light up half a blunt.

You get way too high.

You can feel the ghost of a drug store druggist laughing at you.
"W-wait, you can see me?"
"Yes I can see you"
"Can I trust you?"

You say "Pour some liquor out for my ghost homies!"

The ghost of a blue-collar worker happily accepts a shot of whiskey and guzzles it.
"What can I do for y'all?"
"Nothing, we're just chilling"

You say "Hell yeah, we got a party brewing! Who wants to order pizza?"

The ghost of a longshoreman looks around and says he's tired of being pushed around.
"I'm gonna go order up some more drinks"
"Yeah, I'm gonna go check out a grave"

You say "Does anyone want a vegetarian or vegan pizza? They do a real good tomato pie with no cheese!"

The ghost of an accountant tells you to go gently caress yourself.

"I'm really not that hungry"
"Hey, it's no problem!"
"Fine, I'll go get some smokes"

You go get some smokes.

The graveyard is filled with the sounds of hymns and wails. You hear a young girl scream, and then the sound of a man crying in pain.

You smoke clove cigarettes and cough.

Cigarettes are bad for the health.
You cough up blood.
You're dead.
You haunt the graveyard.

You say "Hell yeah! I'm gonna haunt the poo poo out of my still living boyfriend!"

The ghost of a woman in a red dress stares at you.
"Hmmm... a fellow smoker. I could hang out with you"
"Yeah, he's a really cool ghost!"

You light up a smoke with the woman in a red dress.

You and the woman in a red dress smoke cigarettes.
"How long have you been here?"
"I just got here a few minutes ago"
"Do you have a name?"

You say "My name is Scam Caller, and I'm destined for the deepest pits of hell."

The woman in red asks you what life in the fast lane was like, and you tell her.
"Wow, sounds like a party!

WITCHCRAFT has a new favorite as of 05:39 on Mar 16, 2022

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

WITCHCRAFT posted:

Off to a good start in AI Dungeon

Wicked good Beetlejuice reboot for doomer millennials

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMXBJW1PuU8

Just read it with this playing.

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Syd Midnight posted:

Having learned from the past, AI Dungeon is currently training an as-yet unnamed AI as a backup for Jurassic-1 Jumbo. Players can try out the new AI but there is no other info about it, to avoid biasing the playtesting.

I wasn't planning on making another post but I gave the same prompts to the mystery AI and I just had to

Lmao :five:

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Generated a new bunch of imaginary boardgames, this time with designer names!

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

Hempuli posted:

Aquatic Base Service Mayo sounds like the anime adaptation of either... Sealab 2021, or Subnautica. Either way, I'm gonna watch the whole thing.

But if I had to pick just one of the games, it would have to be It's A Water. Because I can't help myself, I always have to Slap on the great city. No matter what.

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

Hempuli posted:

this is the second time your AI has decided it must kill Mr. Walton. Leave the poor guy alone!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

MOMBAT COMBAAAAT

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost
I can't help but love "well :actually: it's not human sacrifice, I just require a beating human heart".

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
PYF ProcGen: Slap on the great city.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
Bunny X-men: where you spend most of your time arguing about what action to do next, sounds like a pain in the rear end.

5-Minutes of Crime: Rising Redux: Almost sounds like a real game, I imagine it being one of those games where you assemble a random map from different templates and you have to use a dice and different ability cards to commit crimes as efficiently as possible without being caught. I would love to know who the hell "Bandit man" is.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Tombot posted:

5-Minutes of Crime: Rising Redux: Almost sounds like a real game, I imagine it being one of those games where you assemble a random map from different templates and you have to use a dice and different ability cards to commit crimes as efficiently as possible without being caught. I would love to know who the hell "Bandit man" is.

The crime scenes coming "from the bandit man" sounds like he's a DM type role, like he's the kingpin and the other players are vying for his favor.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
Switchblade Switcharoo

Hempuli posted:

I like games where it's competitive between players with evil roles like monsters in Destroy All Monsters or the Chaos gods from Warhammer Fantasy in Chaos in the Old World.

That's why I'm pitching "Battle for the Hobbit" under the Lords the Ring license.

The board is the entire world map and the players are all Ringwraiths (the fully cloaked riding black horses dudes) who are all trying to find the one Hobbit with the One Ring. The route the Hobbit takes is different each game and you need to travel and find the clues. But if you are close enough to the Hobbit when they put on the Ring, you will be able to feel it strongly like an alarm bell going off during a fire.

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

EVIL Gibson posted:

The board is the entire world map and the players are all Ringwraiths (the fully cloaked riding black horses dudes) who are all trying to find the one Hobbit with the One Ring. The route the Hobbit takes is different each game and you need to travel and find the clues. But if you are close enough to the Hobbit when they put on the Ring, you will be able to feel it strongly like an alarm bell going off during a fire.

Good news! Something like this actually exists: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/216070/hunt-ring

One player plays Frodo & Co., while the rest play as Mordor's forces and try to get the ring. Apparently keeping all forces in Mordor forever stalemates the game (makes sense), but maybe that can be houseruled away?

fermun posted:

this is the second time your AI has decided it must kill Mr. Walton. Leave the poor guy alone!

I just knew I had to include that in the batch when it generated. :getin:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

now use this to generate the games:

https://andrewmayneblog.wordpress.com/2022/03/17/building-games-and-apps-entirely-through-natural-language-using-openais-davinci-code-model/

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

https://twitter.com/wedontexisthere/status/1502688967371669508

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

"is... Is that their sweetheart, on the right?"

"No"

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I have been coaxing GPT-J 6B into writing funny things lately.

quote:

Here are some unbelievable facts about people:

1. Most people spend the majority of their time not in the air or out on the water, but just inside buildings or on the ground, mostly sleeping.

2. Only 0.2% of people sleep for an hour or more without waking up.

3. Around 90% of people sleep more than six hours a day.

4. People usually spend about a third of their lives asleep.

5. Sleep is important because it helps to regulate circadian rhythms, which influence our hunger and reproduction and which regulate the hormone cortisol, which is important for our mood.

6. If you want to make a man fall in love with you, spend a night at his house sleeping in his bed. It will surely work.

7. Sleep in your underwear is good because it's easy to get up in the middle of the night and take a shower, which is important for your sleep.

8. People who don't sleep enough can start to look ill as their body starts to shut down.

9. People who sleep in a bed with two people are always able to recall the sexual position they were in.

10. If you go to a hospital with a fever you can usually sleep longer than if you went there with an injured leg.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

2 and 7 are questionable, the rest all seem pretty legit

Goon Boots
Feb 2, 2020

these are cool

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/dril_gpt2/status/1507561381180100608

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Lmao

Finally some resolution

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
I'm torn on that being real or fake, and that fact on its own is pretty mind blowing. The timing and meter are just so perfect, trying to come up with a better continuation would be seriously difficult

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I don't think any of this stuff is fake. Human-directed, yes, but not outright fabricated. I do think that people who use GPT3 should get in a better habit of mentioning how many iterations and course-corrections it took to get their results, probably this thread included. Would give a much more realistic view of where this technology is at the moment. It's an amazing tool and when it gets it right it feels like magic, but when it gets it wrong you realize it's still dumb as rocks.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

feedmyleg posted:

I don't think any of this stuff is fake. Human-directed, yes, but not outright fabricated. I do think that people who use GPT3 should get in a better habit of mentioning how many iterations and course-corrections it took to get their results, probably this thread included. Would give a much more realistic view of where this technology is at the moment. It's an amazing tool and when it gets it right it feels like magic, but when it gets it wrong you realize it's still dumb as rocks.

you goto drils gpts discord, type in a prompt, and it comes up with the result .

the best ones are filtered out and voted on.

at least that's how it was last time I was on.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

EVIL Gibson posted:

you goto drils gpts discord, type in a prompt, and it comes up with the result .

That sounds like a pretty fun idea. Some of the curators for other twitter procgen accounts I follow have talked about the sheer amount of output they go through to find worthwhile stuff, letting more folks generate and sort out the funny stuff seems good.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

EVIL Gibson posted:

That's the new one. The one just posted is the OG Drilbot, just came back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Captain Hygiene posted:

That sounds like a pretty fun idea. Some of the curators for other twitter procgen accounts I follow have talked about the sheer amount of output they go through to find worthwhile stuff, letting more folks generate and sort out the funny stuff seems good.

The amount of human labor required to make these "AI" systems work is really something.