Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

IcePhoenix posted:

Just finished SoP and I feel like everyone who thinks there wasn't a romance between jack and sarah played a different game than me lol

I think the only question there is how much of it was legit and how much of it was just him trying to set her up with his crystal as part of the plan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

IcePhoenix posted:

Just finished SoP and I feel like everyone who thinks there wasn't a romance between jack and sarah played a different game than me lol

It's pretty explicit that they fell in love in a whole bunch of his visits, he just never remembers

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

^^ yeah my thought exactly ^^

Blockhouse posted:

I think the only question there is how much of it was legit and how much of it was just him trying to set her up with his crystal as part of the plan

I think the back and forth flirting you see in the ending puts those doubts to rest

This also doesn't necessarily invalidate the possibility of him and Astos having a much closer relationship

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Magic seems busted since I learned the rhythm of the game which is the soul parry being just a mana recharge. Surprised how early you can get Sage, unless 5 hours is a huge chunk of the overall game.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I finished the game in like the 12-15 hour range (on normal mode), so yeah it kinda is

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ive got way more hours in the game doing all sidequests but yeah, also, I've specifically also tried to avoid sage cause its flippin bonkers

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care
One shotting bosses with Ultima owns tho

Pennfalath
Sep 10, 2011

Why are these teenagers not at home studying their Latin vocabulary?
Ok then, also just got the trophy for finishing Stranger of Paradise on Chaos difficulty, even though I only did one mission.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Twelve by Pies posted:

It's also not always obvious what stat boosts an ability will give. Most people wouldn't think that Equip Harp would boost agility and magic, but it does, and so some Fiesta runs see people throw it onto Berserker to compensate for its low agility or if they don't have a better magic boosting ability for Rune Axe.
It's the same stat as the jobs (relative to Freelancer's base stats), so just switch jobs and look at your stats!

(nobody actually does this)

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
How many mb is Jack's model

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Heath posted:

How many mb is Jack's model

He is 1 Massive Beefcake

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

OK my own personal "worst stage ever" is the XI one. So many loving bats and skeletons and horses spamming poo poo everywhere in tiny corridors.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Stranger of Paradise ending is just going loving for gold at the stupid olympics but that loving fistbump at the end rules.

Barudak fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Mar 24, 2022

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

my dead grandfather fights better than you

Ibblebibble posted:

OK my own personal "worst stage ever" is the XI one. So many loving bats and skeletons and horses spamming poo poo everywhere in tiny corridors.

Welcome to the XI experience of pulling too many links and then getting blood aggro

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Ibblebibble posted:

worst stage so far you mean :)

I got immensely frustrated at the end when they throw you from the level 112 mission directly into the cornelia mission and remove your ability to do literally anything else...while also bumping the difficulty up eight loving levels. And also you have to do the second half of the level alone against a bunch of "harder" enemies that also just constantly spam poo poo at you. Ended up just suiciding myself into a couple packs for a literal hour to get the drops needed to raise my ilvl to the point where I didn't have the damage/break penalties anymore so I could actually play the game again.

Took the game down from an 8 to a 7-7.5 for me just from that one thing alone.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

IcePhoenix posted:

I got immensely frustrated at the end when they throw you from the level 112 mission directly into the cornelia mission and remove your ability to do literally anything else...while also bumping the difficulty up eight loving levels. And also you have to do the second half of the level alone against a bunch of "harder" enemies that also just constantly spam poo poo at you. Ended up just suiciding myself into a couple packs for a literal hour to get the drops needed to raise my ilvl to the point where I didn't have the damage/break penalties anymore so I could actually play the game again.

Lol, I'm looking forward to this bullshit now :)

Barudak
May 7, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

They're super weak against the axe smash skill. It was stupid but not the worst.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

The smash axe skill is the ultima of melee jobs. Very easy to hit damage cap with axes.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Gonna admit something: I did not learn until the final boss how blocking works or why you'd do it.

Welp fine game all done. Jack does not care romantically at all for sarah unless the very last cutscene which I thought was the opening cutscene and accidentaly skipped is different

Barudak fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Mar 24, 2022

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Speaking of blocking, enhanced guarding with the greatsword feels great. Just guard when doing any charge attack and you auto-parry which means you take no damage and can set up counters. Assuming you can squeeze yourself into your enemy's relentless assault. Give me an opening stupid boss!

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Ibblebibble posted:

:laffo: this is where I had to stop last night, though part of it was because I kept exploring every nook I could when I was down to like two potions instead of looking for the next CUBE, and I keep trying to make Warrior-with-punching happen when its past its prime

So now I'm at the cube with the two horses and the skeleton just looking at me from across the way, mocking me silently

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Wolfsheim posted:

:laffo: this is where I had to stop last night, though part of it was because I kept exploring every nook I could when I was down to like two potions instead of looking for the next CUBE, and I keep trying to make Warrior-with-punching happen when its past its prime

So now I'm at the cube with the two horses and the skeleton just looking at me from across the way, mocking me silently

I know this doesn't feel very "jack" but you can just run past them.

Unlike the sidequest with three horses and two worms in a room guarding the keycard you need

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
is there a xvi stage?

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Barudak posted:

I know this doesn't feel very "jack" but you can just run past them.

Unlike the sidequest with three horses and two worms in a room guarding the keycard you need

You can run past drat near everything it's great. If any level is foolish enough to leave the path to the goal unopposed you can do them in under 2 minutes. It helps that the only incentives to actually killing anything are loot drops and job exp, and you can supplement the latter with anima.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Vikar Jerome posted:

is there a xvi stage?

no

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

the legacy of the crystals....

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naJDcCRUa2I

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
i died to some lameass pirates and rage quit, probably forever

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Tae posted:

Magic seems busted since I learned the rhythm of the game which is the soul parry being just a mana recharge. Surprised how early you can get Sage, unless 5 hours is a huge chunk of the overall game.

Use the MP Regen ability from red mage on top of your soul burst mp recovery and you'll have more MP than you know what to do with it (lots of Ultima).

If you focus on a specific class it doesn't take too long to unlock it, no. Especially if you're also using gear that boosts affinity for the prerequisite classes.

Play posted:

:gitgud:

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Play posted:

Bro are you gonna just let Chaos win.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
It's probably been discussed in the thread before but I've mostly been skimming posts, but Vinny uploaded him playing the MK8 DLC with some friends and they were discussing if any of them were going to stream SoP. Vinny said he thought about it, but apparently not only are you not allowed to stream the intro or the ending of the game, but you have to thank Square every 20 minutes, not only while playing SoP, but while playing any Square video game at all for the next year or something ridiculous like that. This apparently isn't an exaggeration or joke, that's literally the terms.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

In their defense, I assume the intro/ending thing is because they both use a licensed song. And personally I'm already thanking square enix every 20 minutes already, whether I'm streaming or not

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
e: extremely wrong thread

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

No Mods No Masters posted:

In their defense, I assume the intro/ending thing is because they both use a licensed song. And personally I'm already thanking square enix every 20 minutes already, whether I'm streaming or not

Oh yeah I knew the intro used a Frank Sinatra song so that's definitely the reason for that, I didn't know about the ending though.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Twelve by Pies posted:

Oh yeah I knew the intro used a Frank Sinatra song so that's definitely the reason for that, I didn't know about the ending though.

It rolls over the end credits yeah. I could swear I watched like an hour of a stream of SirLarr playing SoP and I don't remember him saying anything unusual while he was streaming, but maybe I didn't watch long enough or he had a special deal or something, I dunno

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

What’s with the thanking square thing

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

The next nier should have a proviso that streamers are required to say poo poo square enix every 20 minutes

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I got an e-mail from my uncle who works at Square and he said you're now required to thank Square every twenty minutes in this thread or else they'll never release the 2DHD remake of Final Fantasy Mystic Quest.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Thanks Square-Enix

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Twelve by Pies posted:

It's probably been discussed in the thread before but I've mostly been skimming posts, but Vinny uploaded him playing the MK8 DLC with some friends and they were discussing if any of them were going to stream SoP. Vinny said he thought about it, but apparently not only are you not allowed to stream the intro or the ending of the game, but you have to thank Square every 20 minutes, not only while playing SoP, but while playing any Square video game at all for the next year or something ridiculous like that. This apparently isn't an exaggeration or joke, that's literally the terms.

Having actually seen the streaming terms myself no that is bullshit. Aside from the standard "don't stream past (x) point before release" stuff the only limitations was in scenes with My Way

There are plenty of people who streamed SoP so this is hilariously easy to disprove.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Mar 24, 2022