Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Tohru will get a job slinging ramen, and after 100 pages get fired for eating all the profits.

Re the TV show, if the guests are getting paid appearance fees, then the NEETs on it are now actually freeters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Turns out this is a beat-for-beat retelling of Great! by Kiwis By Beat

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

I'm curious, what did you translate to "garbage" here? Obviously the old lady who taught Japanese at my high school would never have taught us how to refer to a person as garbage, but we did learn "gomi" to refer to literal trash which goes in the gomibako. Is that what the freeter is saying?

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Helios Grime posted:

Only if mackerel cornflake replaces it with a western food item and needs to make larger and larger leaps of logic to make it work.

It struck me today that we are living in the future

We can just translate it as 🍲
Also 🍘🍙🍚🍢🍣🍤🍥🍡🍖 where necessary

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

Ahhh... the rare and elusive manga meat.

(It's the sound of a Japanese sliding door.)

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

Mackerel Cornflake posted:

🍖

Ahhh... the rare and elusive manga meat.

I wasn't sure about including that one but I have never seen anything like it except
A) on the Flintstones
B) in East Asia, where you take meat, and take a chicken bone, and then shove the chicken bone through the meat.
Sausages are popular but I've seen it with other reconstituted meat too.

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

Pham Nuwen posted:

I'm curious, what did you translate to "garbage" here? Obviously the old lady who taught Japanese at my high school would never have taught us how to refer to a person as garbage, but we did learn "gomi" to refer to literal trash which goes in the gomibako. Is that what the freeter is saying?

クズ kuzu

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat
Can't wait to see how differently Misugi and Tanaba are drawn by the time their side story ends a year from now

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

lol tanaba stood up and was leaving

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
"This is bullshit, you're all bullshit, I'm leaving bye"

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

End of Page 67

nullEntityRNG
Jun 23, 2010

Mostly pseudo-random.
Please tell me its the same producer as the crime arc running this program and he offers that guy a lucrative career at lambasting NEETs

Aino Minako
Dec 16, 2007

Perpetual rage elemental

lmfao

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

Irasshaimase

End of Page 101

Mackerel Cornflake fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Mar 24, 2022

Rabid Boar
Apr 16, 2020

Soon, all of you will feel my hate, and suffer as I have suffered!
Oh wow he really does look like the ramen guy

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Every time things start to almost matter, it de-escalates and we are introduced to new characters or asian cuisine :kiss: What an amazing post-modern deconstruction of classic newspaper comics like Spider-man

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

Rabid Boar posted:

Oh wow he really does look like the ramen guy

he IS the ramen guy. or rather, in another timeline he is. sometimes they converge

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
By the end of the strip every character will be another NEET from another timeline. :getin:

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Did tohru really just take a seat, without analyzing each choice of table in excruciating detail in his head?

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

The Alchemist posted:

Did tohru really just take a seat, without analyzing each choice of table in excruciating detail in his head?
All bubbles thought bubbles:
*under chin view*
"Hmm, she said sit wherever you like, but clearly gestured to one table in particular"

*map view*
"I wonder what would happen if I sat far away from that table?"

*profile of jaw*
"What happens to people who break social -"

Next comic

*full page overview of restaurant, big bold text*
"-rules?"

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
I miss Princess

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

MyronMulch
Nov 12, 2006

Revins posted:

"This is bullshit, you're all bullshit, I'm leaving bye"

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Plant MONSTER. posted:

I miss Princess

Cute

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

角煮とんこつラーメン, Kakuni Tonkotsu Raamen, Pork-broth Noodles with Braised Pork Belly.

角煮, Kakuni, “Braised Pork Belly” or literally “simmered square”, differs slightly in its preparation from Chashu, the strips of marinated pork belly you’ll find in most restaurants that serve ramen. I won’t go in to specifics, but generally Kakuni is cut in to cubes before it’s cooked and simmered longer in the marinade until it develops a pronounced glaze (in comparison, Chashu is usually prepared the previous day, broiled, cooled, and then cut in to strips). Supposedly, the long simmering process eliminates any unpleasant pork odors, cooks out much of the fat (it’s simmered in multiple stages), and results in rich, melt-in-your-mouth pork goodness that pairs well with a variety of dishes.

I might have to try making some. I imagine it tastes like fried spam but without the guilt and less than half the sodium.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Mackerel Cornflake posted:

[timg]

I might have to try making some. I imagine it tastes like fried spam but without the guilt and less than half the sodium.

It tastes a great deal better than that.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Kakuni is amazing. Highly recommended if you ever see it on the menu. Never had it in ramen though, just ordered it as a side dish at izakayas.

Hatsune Mike
Oct 9, 2013

Kakuni is wildly good. You've reminded me to visit a ramen shop near me that offers it before I move.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

You misspelt "spaghetti with meatballs"

Seriously though thanks for the extra culinary info!

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

ALFbrot posted:

It tastes a great deal better than that.

lol

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

yeah a side order of ravioli is a good idea neet

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Doesn't he know it's rude to slurp your spaghetti? :lofty:

Negative_Kittens
Apr 8, 2008

[ASK] me about multiple personality disorders

Haifisch posted:

Doesn't he know it's rude to slurp your spaghetti? :lofty:

It's considered good manners to slurp noodles in Japan, actually.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

I'm pretty sure this story is set in Indiana.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Listen Mackie C, I like fried spam. I do. There's a Hawaiian takeout place in town and I can't go past it without grabbing a couple musubi for the road

But believe me when I say tonkatsu will change your loving life

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
I have immense difficulty consuming food during the day time due to reasons but holy poo poo I feel like I could eat so many musubis atm that my flesh would be foreverially preserved in salt

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Plant MONSTER. posted:

I have immense difficulty consuming food during the day time due to reasons but holy poo poo I feel like I could eat so many musubis atm that my flesh would be foreverially preserved in salt

Vampire spotted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Kakuni is loving great and really not hard to make at all! Depending on whether you have a pressure cooker or not, here are two recipes - I've made both myself and the results have been delicious.

https://www.justonecookbook.com/braised-pork-belly-kakuni/
https://www.justonecookbook.com/pressure-cooker-pork-belly-kakuni/