Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I genuinely respect how openly despised she was. If a late night host made the same sorta jokes about Reagan's death that I saw about Thatcher on British television when she died there'd have been a good chance they'd lose their job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Skwirl posted:

I genuinely respect how openly despised she was. If a late night host made the same sorta jokes about Reagan's death that I saw about Thatcher on British television when she died there'd have been a good chance they'd lose their job.

Haha yeah.

It's delightful just how much people loving hate her

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-4FJcnX0i8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmmomV-ax-s

Also to make this comic related. Maggie Thatcher is a female captain britain and the rest of the team are all teen boys she has to scold after they beat up Nazis..... It's weird. Excalibur #32

Kalli fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Mar 22, 2022

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

Payndz posted:

Full context: this is from Super Babylon, in which Marshal Law - a government-licensed vigilante (and self-loathing superhero) tasked with bringing down rogue supers - is fighting the reanimated zombies of the Jesus League of America, WW2-era superheroes who by strange coincidence are expies of Silver and Gold-Age characters.

Thanks for that, because without context it really seems like a genuine edgelord showing why his nazi superhero is better than those mainstream ones.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Quasar #29 (1991)

Spider-Man Unlimited #17 (1997)

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Hel posted:

Thanks for that, because without context it really seems like a genuine edgelord showing why his nazi superhero is better than those mainstream ones.
I should also have mentioned that the fights are taking place in a WW2 museum (hence all the Nazi stuff).

For extra context, Pat Mills (ML's writer and also the founding editor of 2000AD) absolutely hates the very concept of superheroes.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
That would explain why that panel is so juvenile

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Midnighter is having a bad day. From today's Action Comics 1041:

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Midnighter is having a bad day. From today's Action Comics 1041:

Midnighter,
when someone asks you that
you say YES!

MasterBuilder
Sep 30, 2008
Oven Wrangler

Grendels Dad posted:

Midnighter,
you say YES!

It's a little less convincing if you pass out immediately after throwing up. Unless you are throwing up a super acid that corrodes everything but a Kryptonian stomach.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Skwirl posted:

It's important to remember that part of this was because Regan died first. And when he did the Republicans went into overdrive to Lionise him. ("He ended the Cold War. He beat the Soviets.") While at the same time shutting down disent.
("The man just died! Any attempt to criticise his legacy is politics and shouldn't be done. Now let's go back to talking about how great he was.")

The Right in the UK tried to do the exact same thing with Thatcher but people weren't having it.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

Grendels Dad posted:

Midnighter,
you say YES!

the S stands for Sploosh

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

*combat computer calculates best possible outcome from 2,000,000 scenarios of someone asking Midnighter if they're Superman*
Solution: *barf and collapse*

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Robot Comics #0 (1987)

Spider-Man Unlimited #17 (1997)

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

There's no ridiculous panels thread, but this sequence from the Human Target #6 warrants posting somewhere.

For context, Guy Gardner just walked in on Chance and Ice in a frosty post-coital glow and he wasn't too happy about it.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I love the art style. Really liking the book and I have to now assume it’s not in regular continuity.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
sucks for that guy

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

"Not tonight Guy, you've got a headache"

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

Joe Fisto posted:

I love the art style. Really liking the book and I have to now assume it’s not in regular continuity.

Yeah, I like the art too and I did legitimately chuckle at the reference/gasp at the brutality.

Good day for funny books, bad day for funny books that can be boiled down to a single panel. Here's some from Devil's Reign: X-Men #3.

I suppose that would fit in the badass thread too. I love Phil Noto's faces.

And here's a bonus single image from Avengers Forever #4.

Chinston Wurchill fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Mar 23, 2022

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Most recent Eternals. I laughed. I'm dumb.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Surprised it's as low as half, tbh

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Surprised it's as low as half, tbh

Honestly I don't live in the Marvel Universe, but I wouldn't be surprised if implanting a psi dampening device into your skull didn't actually give your some sort of tumour.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Or powers

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

The Question IRL posted:

Honestly I don't live in the Marvel Universe, but I wouldn't be surprised if implanting a psi dampening device into your skull didn't actually give your some sort of tumour.

Yeah I get that they're kind of going for an anti-vax joke but putting a psi-dampener in/around my head might be a hard sell. Especially given that if you live in the Marvel Universe, you've probably seen just as many super-science devices/experiments backfire horribly as you have be successful.

... then again, given that mistakes with super-science in Marvel often seem to lead to superpowers, I might be jumping at the opportunity. Hell maybe I'd take whatever device they have for psi-dampening and go gently caress with it in my garage until something something reverse the polarity something something now I'm psychic.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Let's be honest, knowing what we know, we'd all be jumping in Gamma bomb explosions, eating buckets of radioactive ooze, and getting bitten by every spider we come across. Chances are at least 50/50 that we'd come out with superpowers.

Napoleon Nelson
Nov 8, 2012

"I got carjacked by a psychic the other day. Made me think he was the valet at a spa so I just handed over the keys and went 'inside'. The most relaxing 2 hours I've had in months. 10/10, would get robbed again."

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Hulk Smash! posted:

Let's be honest, knowing what we know, we'd all be jumping in Gamma bomb explosions, eating buckets of radioactive ooze, and getting bitten by every spider we come across. Chances are at least 50/50 that we'd come out with superpowers.

But then after that, the chances are 90/10 that you're either a single issue tragic villain in Web of Spider-Man with a name like Spunge or the Ooze Master, or a six issue Avenger who doesn't appear between 1988 - 2001, when they are killed to build stakes for an event.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Detective Comics #7 (1937)

Captain Marvel #28 (2002)

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Android Blues posted:

But then after that, the chances are 90/10 that you're either a single issue tragic villain in Web of Spider-Man with a name like Spunge or the Ooze Master, or a six issue Avenger who doesn't appear between 1988 - 2001, when they are killed to build stakes for an event.

Hey, a thirteen year career quietly supering offscreen is nothing to scoff at. Besides, nobody stays dead forever in Marvel unless your name is Benjamin.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Android Blues posted:

I'm still loving pissed about how they did Bill Foster.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Android Blues posted:

Excuse me, but I'm fighting the Thing and [throws dart] the Cat in an issue of Marvel-Two-in-One.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
I remember an old 90’s cartoon where some villains had this as their origin story, they walk into a nuclear reactor intending to get super powers. I think one of them became a mudman and the other just turned into like a fish or something.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Just imagine I posted that Simpsons gif of Frank Grimes going nuts, but with Spider-Man's head pasted onto Homer's body.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

Indra's price is steep, but who else is going to teach you how to use celestial weapons?

WaywardWoodwose
May 19, 2008

The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

Alacron posted:

I remember an old 90’s cartoon where some villains had this as their origin story, they walk into a nuclear reactor intending to get super powers. I think one of them became a mudman and the other just turned into like a fish or something.

I believe that was The Mask, and the duo was Wayne and Garth type duo.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

A Strange Aeon posted:

Indra's price is steep, but who else is going to teach you how to use celestial weapons?

"Go kill thirty million badass dudes" is a pretty reasonable setup for any comic.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Kill 30 Million Demons is my favourite prequel.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

WaywardWoodwose posted:

I believe that was The Mask, and the duo was Wayne and Garth type duo.

Yes! That was the one thank you.

Man, it's weird how many Jim Carrey movies got turned into cartoons in the 90's.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Alacron posted:

Yes! That was the one thank you.

Man, it's weird how many Jim Carrey movies got turned into cartoons in the 90's.

Yeah, I remember there being cartoons based on Dumb & Dumber and Ace Ventura as well (never actually watched them though so I'm not sure how good they turned out to be)

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The Cable Guy cartoon was always a standout in the Saturday morning lineup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
I always found it amusing how in the Mask cartoon, Peggy was his buddy (possibly love interest, I didn't see that many episodes), when in the movie, she sells him out to a gangster and almost gets him killed.