Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Mr. Nice! posted:

Was this called a ball?

No pitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
That bird would have been able to drink legally today.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
of all the things getting AI upscaled, I'm shocked this isn't one of them.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mr. Nice! posted:

Was this called a ball?

Dude leading off of second didn't even try to advance, no hustle.

Although I probably would have been thrown out eventually if they didn't call it a dead ball. I would have just stood there wondering what I just saw if it were me.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
The Athletic did an oral history of that event with a lot of people in attendance (notably absent from the oral history, Randy himself):

https://theathletic.com/2460325/2021/03/23/randy-johnson-bird/

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

CannonFodder posted:

I'm not a Mariners fan but if I went to Seattle in the summer I would try to go to a game just for the experience.

Absolutely. Sadly, he's probably right about there being another year in Seattle without October baseball. I'll believe it when I see it I guess.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
https://twitter.com/RALee85/status/1506686575282999301

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

The new Dresden.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Just vibing, not a Nazi in sight.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I'm sure those were strategic apartment buildings.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

shirts and skins posted:

Absolutely. Sadly, he's probably right about there being another year in Seattle without October baseball. I'll believe it when I see it I guess.

Only team to never even play in the World Series. Used to be us and the Nationals but then they not only made the world series, they loving won it. Assholes. COVID was next year

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Skwirl posted:

Only team to never even play in the World Series. Used to be us and the Nationals but then they not only made the world series, they loving won it. Assholes. COVID was next year

Yep. I got nervous when Texas stopped being the third, and by the time the Nats got Scherzer I knew we'd be the last.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Spoeank posted:

Picard Episode 4 has the person we've all been waiting to show up......

The bus punk from Star Trek 4

Also losing my mind because GUINAN HAD ALREADY MET PICARD IN THE 1800S!!!

Shocked that nu trek writers don’t know anything about the franchise.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I'm watching this Amazon Web Services webinar and dare I say it's more interesting than I thought it was gonna be...does that mean I'm lame? :ohdear:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I'm watching this Amazon Web Services webinar and dare I say it's more interesting than I thought it was gonna be...does that mean I'm lame? :ohdear:

What are your feelings on propane and propane accessories?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Silly Burrito posted:

What are your feelings on propane and propane accessories?

I'm a charcoal guy actually...

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Silly Burrito posted:

This really doesn't look like the Star Trek timeline where WW3 had happened in the 90s. Maybe they address that.

There are a lot of head nods to the Bell Riots and the last ep had Edith Keeler's 21st Street Mission so it would be bonkers to be a different timeline at that point but I was also referring to Time's Arrow

Oh also it was the Eugenics Wars in the 90s not WW3. WW3 kicks off in 2026

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Spoeank posted:

There are a lot of head nods to the Bell Riots and the last ep had Edith Keeler's 21st Street Mission so it would be bonkers to be a different timeline at that point but I was also referring to Time's Arrow

which one is Khan from?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Skwirl posted:

which one is Khan from?

Eugenics Wars

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
That's where I got confused. I always thought the Eugenics Wars were supposed to be World War 3, but that got retconned some time ago and I didn't know.

I really thought it would be Sisko and not Guinan we saw, but who knows.... I did forget about their Mark Twain adventures.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Spoeank posted:

Hmm, writers were only off by 4 years, not bad

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

ABC reporters are big fans of star trek apparently

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1507059358240325637

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Kalli posted:

ABC reporters are big fans of star trek apparently

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1507059358240325637

I hate giving Biden credit for anything, but that's a loving insane question and he answered it correctly.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Small setback in installing windows today…

Looks like some 1" iridescent green beetle is chewing into some of the wood beams in my house. I got my exterminator coming in tomorrow morning to figure out if this is really bad or just kinda bad.

Go figure I can't find any of those beetles around anymore after I took this photo either.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Silly Burrito posted:

That's where I got confused. I always thought the Eugenics Wars were supposed to be World War 3, but that got retconned some time ago and I didn't know.

I really thought it would be Sisko and not Guinan we saw, but who knows.... I did forget about their Mark Twain adventures.

I had my thoughts that it was going to be Georgieu since the Guardian just sorta punted her through space and time

Skwirl posted:

I hate giving Biden credit for anything, but that's a loving insane question and he answered it correctly.

Joe Biden's special dementia filter being "gently caress you and gently caress your stupid question" has led to his best moments.

"BBC?! I'm Irish!" was peak Biden

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Skwirl posted:

So many media types lust for war and it’s just depressing

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

It sells really well.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Halo is absolutely awful. What the gently caress were they thinking.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I'm sure it's not the biggest problem with the show, but why does Cortana look so weird?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Dumb casting but the UNSC are actually bad and the exposition scenes and having a human covenant agent are just pants on head dumb as dogshit.

They had the easiest IP in the universe to adapt and had to piss in their audience's face because they know better. This kind of smug "well actually" writing makes me want to murder. So loving gross.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Trump insulting reports was a bit of a put on, Joe genuinely seems to hate them as he should.

"President Brandon, are you a great big pussy for not ending life on earth as we know it?????"

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

BlindSite posted:

Dumb casting but the UNSC are actually bad and the exposition scenes and having a human covenant agent are just pants on head dumb as dogshit.

They had the easiest IP in the universe to adapt and had to piss in their audience's face because they know better. This kind of smug "well actually" writing makes me want to murder. So loving gross.

"We hired people who hated Halo"

"Having the Halo franchise was burdensome in a lot of ways -- meeting expectations, for example -- but it was great for hiring," O'Connor admits

"We had people who we hired who hated Halo because of 'X,'" says O'Connor. "But what that really meant was, 'I feel like this game could be awesome because of 'Y input' that I'm going to bring into it. I want to prove it, and I'm passionate about proving it.' So we ended up with a bunch of people who were genuinely passionate about the product. That is a huge advantage, and that helped in hiring and forming our team."

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Ginny Thomas is completely loving nutso

https://twitter.com/UrbanAchievr/status/1507105698374692871?s=20&t=XjFkmx4l4DM0KxL4GJQpyQ

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I'm assuming I'll need to wander into SA's QCS threads but I noticed that some Something Awful plugin got rid of the "livestream" button, which was invaluable for TFF GDT's. I want to channel my inner Karen and demand a manager to fix this injustice.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

laughing like hell over this

https://twitter.com/ESPNFC/status/1507109723534987274

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Android Apocalypse posted:

I'm assuming I'll need to wander into SA's QCS threads but I noticed that some Something Awful plugin got rid of the "livestream" button, which was invaluable for TFF GDT's. I want to channel my inner Karen and demand a manager to fix this injustice.

what is that. that thing you're talking about

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Play posted:

what is that. that thing you're talking about

“Karen”? It’s like a slur for white women

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

General Dog posted:

“Karen”? It’s like a slur for white women

no the other thing. live thingy, what is that

completely unrelated but is there any good reason to be involved in linkedin? I accepted some contacts from people in my industry and now I'm getting harassed by constant sales emails disguised as personal emails, this is totally hosed

Play fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Mar 25, 2022

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

I hate that I can't say anything about this because the USMNT hasn't qualified yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
So uh, is anything gonna come out about this Ginni Thomas stuff?

Also, is Clarence still alive y/n