Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

SIR Lewis Fashion Update

I quite like this one

Best picture on the page though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

boop the snoot posted:

*car hits 250k miles and has its first issues*

Somebody, somewhere: I told you it was a piece of poo poo!!!! :argh:

yeah but come the gently caress on lol, an alfa romeo doing 250k miles without issues??

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
They meant to post 250 miles

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

I already have a Giulia Q4, I must be one of the lucky ones that doesn't have problems

The 4 bangers are very good actually in terms of not blowing up!

I just wish they offered a stick

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Theophany posted:

yeah but come the gently caress on lol, an alfa romeo doing 250k miles without issues??

I find it hilarious that modern Alfa is still stuck with the lovely reliability stigma from their earlier years (not that the 90's were good either). Like, yeah the new ones are supposedly not great compared to other marques of similar caliber, but they aren't total heaps of poo poo like most previous gen Alfa's were.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Brake by wire kept me from buying a quadrifoglio

Beautiful cars though

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

EvilBlackRailgun posted:

Brake by wire kept me from buying a quadrifoglio

Beautiful cars though

The 2 things I would change if I could on my 4 banger, stick shift and non-drive by wire brakes.

The brakes are great above 10mph, under that and they're kinda twitchy.

The paddle shifters are works of industrial art, but the transmission is 8 speed and that's just too goddamned many.

Ton of fun to drive though.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

SIR Lewis Fashion Update

Still we rise

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

for dogs.

:tinfoil:

Lucasar
Jan 25, 2005

save a few for lefty too

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

SIR Lewis Fashion Update

At first I was like lol why is he wearing a seatbelt he's not even in a car that's putting safety first but then I realized it was for his very skinny bag that probably has one piece of paper in it on which he has written his secret battle plan for the race: steal a ferrari.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

GramCracker posted:

I find it hilarious that modern Alfa is still stuck with the lovely reliability stigma from their earlier years (not that the 90's were good either). Like, yeah the new ones are supposedly not great compared to other marques of similar caliber, but they aren't total heaps of poo poo like most previous gen Alfa's were.

They aren't, but the odds of any marque not throwing at least one expensive shitfit over the course of 250k miles are fleetingly remote, especially given the sheer amount of technology in modern cars. Alfa just get bonus points for trading on reputation lol.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
100% agree with you, over the course of 250k miles almost any marque would likely throw an expensive poo poo fit. I'd be horrified to own something like a 2015-ish Audi S6 or something equal out of warranty.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I think you're frankly being stupid if you expect 250K miles out of a car without any issues but I also lol at how loving ambitious Alfa's engineering is on its new cars because they clearly put a lot of time and effort to make it rival BMW in terms of engineering just to have people go "lmao its an alfa its gonna break"

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

GramCracker posted:

I mean, if you're saying that a new Alfa is as reliable as a car from 2009 today, I'm not sure that's still a ringing endorsement.

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a23145269/alfa-romeo-giulia-quadrifoglio-reliability-update/

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

italian quid posted:

I think you're frankly being stupid if you expect 250K miles out of a car without any issues but I also lol at how loving ambitious Alfa's engineering is on its new cars because they clearly put a lot of time and effort to make it rival BMW in terms of engineering just to have people go "lmao its an alfa its gonna break"

yeah, on one hand it sucks because at this rate Alfa will be out of the US market sooner than later, but on the other hand I like having a unique car that you don't see everywhere.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

italian quid posted:

I was using hyperbole to comment on the tendency of people to hate everything, I wasn’t commenting on cars.

Why would I ever come to the f1 thread to talk about cars

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

SIR Lewis Fashion Update

lewis is dressing for the job he wants

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Residency Evil posted:

I mean, if you're saying that a new Alfa is as reliable as a car from 2009 today, I'm not sure that's still a ringing endorsement.

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a23145269/alfa-romeo-giulia-quadrifoglio-reliability-update/

The 4 banger is way more reliable than the early V6s. Also that were sort of Ferrari engines anyway so actually they were very good and honest!!!

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

GramCracker posted:

It's Italian cars in general

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?

Hot Karl Marx posted:

It's Italian cars in general

They seem more reliable than a red bull op

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

nawilo_420 posted:

lol this is one of the more insane yank opinions i have ever seen on this forum, but not surprising coming from a country where the "bread" is also pre-packaged in plastic like in the uk

Not American so first of all, how dare you. :colbert:

Second I make my own bread in a cast iron dutch oven.

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

SIR Lewis Fashion Update

Lewis starting the Ferrari mind game early.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

MustardFacial posted:

Second I make my own bread in a cast iron dutch oven.

if you didn't hammer out your own iron dutch oven, your bread sucks

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Don’t talk to me unless you smith the iron yourself.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Full Collapse posted:

Don’t talk to me unless you smith the iron yourself.

Don't even look at me if you didn't dig the ore out of the ground yourself

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

MustardFacial posted:

Lewis starting the Ferrari mind game early.

Master of the psychological advantage.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

GramCracker posted:

100% agree with you, over the course of 250k miles almost any marque would likely throw an expensive poo poo fit. I'd be horrified to own something like a 2015-ish Audi S6 or something equal out of warranty.

Oh gently caress yeah, that's why I always buy with a manufacturer warranty and take out an insurance-based manufacturer approved warranty afterwards if the car is likely to be a money pit. My old man had a Merc SL55 and the ABC system poo poo the bed, so it was 4k per corner to fix. He also went on to have a Cayenne Turbo and they asked some insane amount of money to sort the ceramic discs on, so insane was the price he just left the keys with the Porsche dealer to sell it on.

Dumbest loving thing I ever did car wise was take out the BMW insured warranty on my old 6 series because I knew the valve stem seals were blown and I didn't want to eat the 4-8k bill for the engine rebuild. The reason it was incredibly dumb was not because the work wouldn't have been covered (it explicitly was) but because my dumb rear end didn't read the fine print that said any claims raised in the first 90 days would not be covered for the lifetime of the car. I paid £800 to blackball my own car from the entire BMW network lmao.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Theophany posted:

Oh gently caress yeah, that's why I always buy with a manufacturer warranty and take out an insurance-based manufacturer approved warranty afterwards if the car is likely to be a money pit. My old man had a Merc SL55 and the ABC system poo poo the bed, so it was 4k per corner to fix. He also went on to have a Cayenne Turbo and they asked some insane amount of money to sort the ceramic discs on, so insane was the price he just left the keys with the Porsche dealer to sell it on.

Dumbest loving thing I ever did car wise was take out the BMW insured warranty on my old 6 series because I knew the valve stem seals were blown and I didn't want to eat the 4-8k bill for the engine rebuild. The reason it was incredibly dumb was not because the work wouldn't have been covered (it explicitly was) but because my dumb rear end didn't read the fine print that said any claims raised in the first 90 days would not be covered for the lifetime of the car. I paid £800 to blackball my own car from the entire BMW network lmao.

cucked again

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

the only time I interact with dealerships is when I get into arguments over the parts departments because they want to do stupid poo poo like not sell me the full oil change kit even though I explicitly say I want the full oil change kit even if the 19 year old dipshit working the parts counter swears I don't need the full oil change kit. KTM's "reusable" filter has broken 2 out of the last 3 times I've changed my oil. I want the full loving kit rear end in a top hat.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Somebody fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Mar 25, 2022

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

italian quid posted:

the only time I interact with dealerships is when I get into arguments over the parts departments because they want to do retarded poo poo like not sell me the full oil change kit even though I explicitly say I want the full oil change kit even if the 19 year old dipshit working the parts counter swears I don't need the full oil change kit. KTM's "reusable" filter has broken 2 out of the last 3 times I've changed my oil. I want the full loving kit rear end in a top hat.

odd of the dealer to try to not charge you money, but ok

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

odd of the dealer to try to not charge you money, but ok

This has happened multiple times, Subaru was the worst one where we got into an argument over whether there was a technical service bulletin for my transmission (there was) and they outright refused to sell me a transmission filter lol

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

tbh it was setting the tone, this was years before the stakes got escalated from 'cretin' to 'retard'

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

The local Mazda dealer oddly had the best parts dealership where I would just throw a bunch of parts numbers at the dude and he'd come back with a list of prices and ask me which ones I wanted to follow through on. Everyone I've talked to loving hated them and said to avoid them though so maybe I'm doing something different from everyone else

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

All I want from any dealer service department is to turn my automatic headlights back on when they're done and they all fail. Also don't adjust my seat you fuckin dweebs

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

:pervert:Zoom Zoom, motherfuckers:pervert:

goddamnit now you fuckers have me looking at Quadrifoglios

Do it. I’ve mentioned this in AI a few times but these cars qualify for extended factory bumper to bumper warranties and it’s very cheap considering what’s under the hood.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

So what lap will the Red Bulls blow up on this weekend?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Russian Bear posted:

So what lap will the Red Bulls blow up on this weekend?

Max is gonna meet his best friend the wall again.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Charles will get in there (not the wall) again

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Theophany posted:

lmfao that's amazing, gg Theo you win "Stupid poo poo With Cars" for the day. thanks for the laugh

On another note...imagine being the track side engineer who gets the green light from HQ to take a dremel to the rear wing :getin:

https://twitter.com/AlbertFabrega/status/1506985988953939970

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
It's looking like I'll have to go to the bad and fail nation of the UK in the summer. Does SkySports F1 come with a normal sky sport sub? or do I have to tell my family to buy it separately?

[edit] Actually wait, does F1TV work on VPN?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Pretty sure it’s included in the sport bundle, it’s definitely not available without that.