Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Planet X
Dec 10, 2003

GOOD MORNING
I had those muppet glasses :unsmith:

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Planet X posted:

I had those muppet glasses :unsmith:

Me too!

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I was talking with my wife just yesterday about how it's sort of hosed up that McDonald's advertised to kids so heavily, but at the same time, I loved those glasses and books and Happy Meal toys that they sold. Some of the Happy Meal toys are extremely awesome. I posted a whole thread of McDonald's promotional material here:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3976331

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Gutter Phoenix posted:

I was talking with my wife just yesterday about how it's sort of hosed up that McDonald's advertised to kids so heavily, but at the same time, I loved those glasses and books and Happy Meal toys that they sold. Some of the Happy Meal toys are extremely awesome. I posted a whole thread of McDonald's promotional material here:

Have you seen the Defunctland video about the history of Disney happy meals?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRNaapiBU7Q

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Diggin' the Alphonse Mucha stylings on Miss Motor Piggy

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Yaldabaoth posted:

Have you seen the Defunctland video about the history of Disney happy meals?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRNaapiBU7Q

I have not, but I will watch it. Thanks!

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Kind of looks like a rough draft of a poster for a 70s drama movie before they add the title and the billing.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Gutter Phoenix posted:

Still confused by yankee bullshit of putting an English muffin in the Big Breakfast instead of a biscuit.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

"He's a dog, so his beer mug needs to be a beer dish, I guess?"

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?
Love those van mags. Like a more wholesome version of Easy Riders.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Szyznyk posted:

Still confused by yankee bullshit of putting an English muffin in the Big Breakfast instead of a biscuit.

I like biscuits with a breakfast chicken sandwich but when it comes to a sausage patty, egg, and cheese I want an english muffin.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

ChesterJT posted:

I like biscuits with a breakfast chicken sandwich but when it comes to a sausage patty, egg, and cheese I want an english muffin.

I’m a sausage McMuffin guy, but as a side I like my buttered and jellied biscuit. You just have to eat it during the short time it takes to go from delicious to a spongy hockey puck.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Time to see if my sister has any Lisa Frank Stuff

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Yesterworld also has a video about the downfall of the McDonald's happy meal but it goes into a lot more detail about the old McDonaldland characters:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rocCQr1jno

I love how one of the characters was a professor because it kind of implies that McDonald's food was created in a lab.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Pretty sure it was

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Scratch Monkey posted:

Pretty sure it was

Exactly, it's a rare moment of honesty from McD's.

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.

I thought the thread might like this tribute, which can be found here, along with a bunch of other good stuff.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Rascar Capac posted:

I thought the thread might like this tribute, which can be found here, along with a bunch of other good stuff.

I like the Talking Heads.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDVQO67NCZ4

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

LOL that dude going downtown in the back corner while his gal is chugging Jager.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

There's people loving under the pool table too. Classic Easyriders!!