Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

My c0 Yun/c6 Sucrose /c6 Xiangling are going to make me regret every step of going for Ayato, but: Gonna.

Same here :cheers: At least this will be a great banner for newer players. Based on the 4*s I guess they're really going to push Ayato as an on field vaper, I really hope they gave him a shorter ICD after the beta ended.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Space Opera posted:

Same here :cheers: At least this will be a great banner for newer players. Based on the 4*s I guess they're really going to push Ayato as an on field vaper, I really hope they gave him a shorter ICD after the beta ended.
Truthfully, they may think he's kind of weird/possibly not that strong so they put two of the best 4 stars on his banner. Would loooove to be wrong though. I'm at least going to do one pity, I'd like a fast normal attack based character that I find fun.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Mar 24, 2022

Mang Tomas
Jan 9, 2007
Hope he slots in as a single target focused Childe but yeah his kit is kinda all over the place.
His attacks are really pretty at least.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
His kit is super simple, he does ganyu-but-water burst, and has a water stance skill with near 100% uptime. Just put a Fischl/Beidou and let the attacks fly.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

His uptime is 50%, 6 second on 6 second off with no CDR mechanic. One of the more interesting things about him to me is this 12 second rotation cycle - it's a very unique timing that fits otherwise awkward cooldown durations (Ayaka E, yunjin E, kazuha hold E, even Yae's turrets) that are over 6 seconds and below 15 seconds.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Mar 24, 2022

Kale
May 14, 2010

Was about to give up on gold on the last event but just narrowly got it by switching to hard from extreme to get the fervor gauge up to 5 faster, and even then by a matter of 3-5 seconds or so. Definitely enjoyed the Hyakunin Ikki again and think it's one of the better combat events they've run.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler
I definitely prefer the "kill as much as you can in this amount of time" format to the "kill these enemies before time runs out" one, and getting to use more of the roster than usual is fun too. My one complaint would be that sometimes when it's hectic I miss the message that you need to switch teams, leading me to waste precious seconds doing no damage at all before I notice the anemic numbers popping up.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I think this ikki is a substantial improvement over the last one. The last one had no difference between the days and this one's days had real variation (though ofc most teams would be ok every day, which is fine).

Kale
May 14, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cklsFHnt-38
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3ok84NeMdU

Ayato's trailers are up now and Ayaka indeed says "the line" in the Japanese one, but just calls him Ayato in the English one. :laugh:

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I like potion event better than ikki event. Having a group go through multiple waves is more fun than keeping an internal timer to make sure you don't "whiff" a burst.

I do like events that use up a large amount of your roster, though.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Kale posted:

Ayaka indeed says "the line" in the Japanese one, but just calls him Ayato in the English one. :laugh:

What's this now?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

ngl having watched the English first it struck me as odd that she was just like "Ayato," her vibe is formal enough (and we're in fake Japan) so i didn't think calling him brother would be out of place

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

silvergoose posted:

What's this now?

i guess they're talking about calling him "onii-sama" but i wouldn't exactly call that "the line" since it isn't a line in the first place?

and yeah no translating that directly and just having the english VA call him "brother" would sound extremely dumb. like maybe if she was putting on a victorian accent the whole time you could get away with "my dearest brother" or something like in an old letter but

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

i guess they're talking about calling him "onii-sama" but i wouldn't exactly call that "the line" since it isn't a line in the first place?

and yeah no translating that directly and just having the english VA call him "brother" would sound extremely dumb. like maybe if she was putting on a victorian accent the whole time you could get away with "my dearest brother" or something like in an old letter but

Yeah it sounds kind of like "Reddit is being dumb about Japanese and English being different in terms of addressing people, not just direct translations"

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

she's a proper lady from a noble family, it wouldn't be a stretch for there to be an arch/formal affect to her interactions (and you do get this in several of her EN lines already). Inazuma ending its version of Sakoku would put it chronologically in line with Victorian era affect fwiw. plus she actually does only refer to Ayato as brother in the few lines that mention him, so this trailer just sticks out.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

dogsicle posted:

she's a proper lady from a noble family, it wouldn't be a stretch for there to be an arch/formal affect to her interactions (and you do get this in several of her EN lines already). Inazuma ending its version of Sakoku would put it chronologically in line with Victorian era affect fwiw. plus she actually does only refer to Ayato as brother in the few lines that mention him, so this trailer just sticks out.

It wouldn't be a stretch but they'd have to redo the rest of the VA work at the same time because what presently exists for her is really not in that tone at all.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

It reminds me of when "big sis Eula" was translated to "auntie eula" and people complained it was a mistranslation.

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

Having never done the ikki event before i thought it was great, minus needing a harder to miss notification about team switching, and to a lesser degree getting disoriented about where the next wave would pop up. Really felt like my compulsion to level a bunch of characters concurrently paid off, got some nice big numbers

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I barely managed to get 2000 for everything, I don't know how absurdly outfitted you guys must be to get platinum on this stuff.

Would've helped if the new waves of enemies came in faster.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

RareAcumen posted:

I barely managed to get 2000 for everything, I don't know how absurdly outfitted you guys must be to get platinum on this stuff.

Would've helped if the new waves of enemies came in faster.

Yeah, that was a problem for me, especially in the final one. I think it took almost five seconds per wave for them to load in on one attempt.

But in more important news, I finally pulled Shogun. Couldn't do it last time, and I was seriously worried I wouldn't get her this time, but it happened! Now time to grind for artifacts so I can obliterate everything! :toot:

Kale
May 14, 2010

silvergoose posted:

What's this now?

Ayaka is voiced by Saori Hayami in Japanese who has arguably been the most popular and high in demand femal voice over artist in Japan for about the last decade to the point where she even has her own TV trope page. Ayaka runs straight down the line of her signature character the elegant proper and noble princess like character. Hayami was in this kind of IMO cheesy but popular franchise called The Irregular at Magical High School where she plays a similar type of basically perfect noble lady character with an equally perfect seeming older brother that shes constantly calling "onii-sama" and going on about how amazing he is in her scenes and it became a sort of meme. When Ayato got announced a lot of people also expected him to have the same VA as the older brother character in that franchise or barring that her calling him "Onii-Sama" which finally happened with the trailer. It plays really well to her fans no doubt.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Kale posted:

Ayaka is voiced by Saori Hayami in Japanese who has arguably been the most popular and high in demand femal voice over artist in Japan for about the last decade (...)
Uh?? Aoi Yuuki??? :colbert:

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Kale posted:

Ayaka is voiced by Saori Hayami in Japanese who has arguably been the most popular and high in demand femal voice over artist in Japan for about the last decade to the point where she even has her own TV trope page. Ayaka runs straight down the line of her signature character the elegant proper and noble princess like character. Hayami was in this kind of IMO cheesy but popular franchise called The Irregular at Magical High School where she plays a similar type of basically perfect noble lady character with an equally perfect seeming older brother that shes constantly calling "onii-sama" and going on about how amazing he is in her scenes and it became a sort of meme. When Ayato got announced a lot of people also expected him to have the same VA as the older brother character in that franchise or barring that her calling him "Onii-Sama" which finally happened with the trailer. It plays really well to her fans no doubt.

Okay that makes a lot more sense. I've no clue why you thought everyone would know that without you explaining, though, heh.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

https://twitter.com/GenshinImpact/status/1507205635753996291?s=20&t=jkYn7mORK4b2Dlyfc-LesQ

time for the usual character web event you can marathon for some primos and fragments/mora/ore

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!
It bears repeating, but I appreciate that people link to this stuff as well as post codes whenever it comes up.
Thanks for the heads-up.

Kale
May 14, 2010

dogsicle posted:

https://twitter.com/GenshinImpact/status/1507205635753996291?s=20&t=jkYn7mORK4b2Dlyfc-LesQ

time for the usual character web event you can marathon for some primos and fragments/mora/ore

Are these some sort of data collection thing for Hoyoverse? Honest question, since otherwise I dont see whats in it for them producing these quicky character events of somebody strolling down a street picking out candy or something

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

well they're at least additional forms of engagement

there's the incentive to follow their social media in the first place to even learn about them, and most cross-promorte other socials (this one taught me there's a Genshin TikTok) and drive people to share the links. the larger web events have other social elements like the card sharing/anniversary theatre etc and usually push you to log into the game and do certain activities each day..

I'd also think the smaller ones like this are good just to have continuous work for the web design teams and could also help build experience/familiarity for making the bigger ones. they also use art assets that are already being produced for promo materials and the livestreams etc.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I always thought they were just sharable web games that are easy to do. Like the "punch the monkey" banners. Basically a way of putting out advertising. I've only ever shared them with other players, though.

Though now you've made me :tinfoil:

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

they really go out of their way to not link these character events in the client so it definitely must be a social media engagement strategy

Happy Underpants
Jul 23, 2007
I put it off for as long as I could but I've hit the artifact grind and I hate it. I hate it so much.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

It's funny. I am so opposite. I wish I could spend so much more on artifacts I enjoy them but I am constantly, constantly stuck farming mora and talent books.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

they should cut the rest of the grind down like 90% because artifact grinding is a permanent resource sink anyway. why gate you so hard from even using the characters in the first place?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i don't like anything in a domain at this point, would love to just have fully variable condensed resin sizes so i could be done with the stuff faster

at least we occasionally get new domains that can be interesting for a couple weeks, assuming you're raising anything they help with

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Happy Underpants posted:

I put it off for as long as I could but I've hit the artifact grind and I hate it. I hate it so much.

Jump into discord and do domains with goons. It doesn't make the drops better, but it makes doing the domains way more fun.

Kale
May 14, 2010

These Abyss Lectors in the Abyss are just terrible for me man. Like I'm really just stumped as to who to use against them other than Ayaka and Fischl maybe, but that leaves the other one with nobody really good to deal with them for me on floor 10. I have decently leveled Ayaka, Hu Tao, Diluc,, Raiden, Jean, Eula, Ninguang and sort of Xingiu but can't seem to figure out a combination that does enough good damage on either of their shields at the end of their phases but also good DPS for all the other stuff and their own HP stock. It's really starting to get annoying and I wish they'd take them out of at least one rotation as it's the only thing preventing me from 9 starring floor tens still and starting to take floor 11 more seriously.

I just don't really know who in my repertoire deals faster cryo damage than Ayaka basically.

Kale fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Mar 26, 2022

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
Kaeya exists if you need another cryo, since for some reason cryo is the best element against both the electro and water guys, but if you haven't really built him you'll probably need to drag him through the rest of floor 10 as a party of 3.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Incoherence posted:

Kaeya exists if you need another cryo, since for some reason cryo is the best element against both the electro and water guys, but if you haven't really built him you'll probably need to drag him through the rest of floor 10 as a party of 3.

Yeah I just need to keep levelling my characters and try again next time I think because I'm still just not quite there yet on this even still. I think I know who to prioritize now at least.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Kale posted:

These Abyss Lectors in the Abyss are just terrible for me man. Like I'm really just stumped as to who to use against them other than Ayaka and Fischl maybe, but that leaves the other one with nobody really good to deal with them for me on floor 10. I have decently leveled Ayaka, Hu Tao, Diluc,, Raiden, Jean, Eula, Ninguang and sort of Xingiu but can't seem to figure out a combination that does enough good damage on either of their shields at the end of their phases but also good DPS for all the other stuff and their own HP stock. It's really starting to get annoying and I wish they'd take them out of at least one rotation as it's the only thing preventing me from 9 starring floor tens still and starting to take floor 11 more seriously.

I just don't really know who in my repertoire deals faster cryo damage than Ayaka basically.

Xingqiu can break the pyro shield all on his own as long as you can protect his energy from the electro guy's drain BS. Him for the pyro and Ayaka for the electro should be enough to get you though the shield phases.
e: wait I misread, that's the floor with one lector in each half not the one with 2 together in one room and 0 on the other half

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Wait Ayato is going to be a 5*? That changes how I can spend my wishes. I thought he was to be a 4* character. Do we know anything about how he works and what his role will be?

Any idea what will be on the next weapon banner? Getting anything that isn't another skyward spine would be great. Next banner is Ayaka/Venti right? Those should be good weapons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

This banner is Ayato+Venti (officially confirmed), next one is Just Ayaka. Weapon banner is Elegy+Ayato's special sword that only works for him (fairly reliable leaks). His role is a little confusing, tbd.