Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Kylaer posted:

You will stand out. You have to be okay with that.

Embrace it. If you're posting in C-SPAM, you're already a Crank to 99% of America. Become the public spectacle you were born to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Calibanibal posted:

An idea I was thinking about is either cyborg lungs, or just the lungs of a different kind of animal like an arachnid booklung

sadly theyd gently caress up the cyber lungs like they hosed up the push for building iron lungs back in the day

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Pink Mist posted:

How do animal reservoirs play into this

Just don't let people swim in the animal reservoir.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

Embrace it. If you're posting in C-SPAM, you're already a Crank to 99% of America. Become the public spectacle you were born to be.

im da joker baby

ha ha

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

I can 100% guarantee Ginni Thomas is going to go full-on "a pedophile Democrat conspiracy assassinated my husband" if Clarence Thomas dies of COVID

nah Ginni's gonna do that Weekend at Woodrow's/Ronnie's thing that Edith Wilson and Nancy Reagan did when their husband's brains turned to soup

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 356 days!

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

I want coworkers to be made to feel uncomfortable by my mask

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

tenderjerk posted:

I've prepared for endemic covid by buying guns

Guns are another epidemic tho

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

I prepared for endemic guns by creating and spreading covid

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Pink Mist posted:

Deer have it but the number of deer that hang out in enclosed spaces with humans is pretty minimal I'd imagine

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Iron Crowned posted:

Love that my work just sent out a "safety program" that I have to return a signed acknowledgement of. Like everything it's poorly written but includes the line "respirators are used only in the paint booth area."

I'm guessing I should probably order a case of Auras and start sourcing a Corsi Cube.

Speaking of Corsi Cubes, how noisy are they?

Gio posted:

as noisy as a box fan

Honestly a little less noisy than an unfiltered box fan, at least the full cube design. A lot of the rattle noise is eliminated so you just get the fan whir.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

The anti-doomer option for dealing with COVID is to adapt: take stock of what your needs are, and figure out how to meet your needs without getting COVID. I am an extroverted person who loves talking to people - Discord has been an incredible blessing, for one example, some friends and I are gonna watch a movie over screen sharing and I've got a book club later this week. Save for when I was subject to a brief experiment in RTO, I've been in some of the best mental health of my life.

Anyway I have made one actually useful post about COVID:

Tulip posted:

I ran today 3.66 miles. I went harder than usual - fastest mile was 8:03! It was also my first run since Dec 31 - I've been caveman moding pretty hard.

What was actually noteworthy about the run was that I ran in my HF-803SD with P100 filters, using the Singh Thattha technique to keep my beard under control. I got dressed and tested positive and negative pressure for good seals before I walked out the door.

What I found was that this was in fact considerably easier than running with KN95s, even though my fit with KN95s tends to be completely awful. I've been using the halfmask for a few weeks for work at this point but I've just been walking rather than running, was afraid that the filters would impede airflow too much or that it would otherwise be uncomfortable, but again huge improvement over the KN95. My nose got pretty broken about 10 years ago so it can get a little uncomfortable at the top of my nose but I'm brainstorming some possible fixes. A+ can recommend the half mask.

Kylaer
Aug 4, 2007
I'm SURE walking around in a respirator at all times in an (even more) OPEN BIDENing society is definitely not a recipe for disaster and anyone that's not cool with getting harassed by CHUDs are cave dwellers. I've got good brain!

Lastgirl posted:

Gives people time to customize their respirators into cyberpunk perma-helms that make boomers mad

Someone give me a link to a place where I can buy little LEDs and I'll mount them to the back of my Secureclick hardshell filters. Give my ears some underbody lighting.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Pink Mist posted:

Contact tracing and mandatory quarantine

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Tulip posted:

The anti-doomer option for dealing with COVID is to adapt: take stock of what your needs are, and figure out how to meet your needs without getting COVID. I am an extroverted person who loves talking to people - Discord has been an incredible blessing, for one example, some friends and I are gonna watch a movie over screen sharing and I've got a book club later this week. Save for when I was subject to a brief experiment in RTO, I've been in some of the best mental health of my life.

Anyway I have made one actually useful post about COVID:

I have no idea how everyone is getting all these discord friends. most people I know IRL work in tech and precisely zero of them want to do anything on a computer than isn’t a game, and the one or two times we tried zoom people didn’t like it and said it reminded them of work. which it did. but I’ve given up on most of my old friends because they rather drink at the bar or go out to eat or whatever.

i can’t imagine coordinating screen sharing or even deciding on a thing to watch

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

Fenarisk posted:

Terrible! I haven't had more than 3 hours of sleep (total, usually in 1 to 2 hour segments) in 4 months thanks to the baby!

Makes covid news all the more stressful!

Lol, and yet, lmao!

that sounds awful. if you feel compelled to watch the thread, and feel like a break from that might help, i offer to watch the thread for a bit, and i'll pm you if something crazy happens. at least more crazy than all the currently insane things happening.

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

U-DO Burger posted:

this last month has been such a shitshow. just off the top of my head

1. Impact Research releases a memo saying the dems can win the midterms by declaring victory over covid (https://punchbowl.news/wp-content/uploads/IMPACT-COVID-positioning-strategy-memo.pdf)

2. CDC gets the memo and rewrites the community transmission guidelines so that high transmission is actually low transmission now. Masks are now only recommended when cases have already reached critical mass. All states drop mask mandates almost immediately.

3. Ezekial Emmanuel, a man who once wrote on op-ed about why it's good for society when old people die earlier, releases a roadmap for living with covid. (https://www.covidroadmap.org/) The roadmap claims that we are approaching endemicity, and we will have achieved it when we reach fewer than 60,000 deaths per year from covid, RSV, and flu combined. (we are already over 20,000 dead from COVID this month) The roadmap calls for a ton of vaccine research and for free covid treatment.

4. biden announces a test to treat program where people can get free covid testing, and free covid treatment if they test positive

5. congress drops all federal funding for covid, completely killing the goals outlined in the roadmap, and the test to treat program, while making our already useless CDC community transmission map even worse

this is all well and good. yup, nothing to worry about.

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 356 days!
This threads uk covid freaks get on this
https://twitter.com/fitterhappierAJ/status/1507066425713770505?t=UHwImeFrBadH7V_iCEYniw&s=19

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

Note to thread: wife's nasal swab was negative. 2x throat + nasal swabs were positive.

Throat swab lyfe.

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

mawarannahr posted:

I have no idea how everyone is getting all these discord friends. most people I know IRL work in tech and precisely zero of them want to do anything on a computer than isn’t a game, and the one or two times we tried zoom people didn’t like it and said it reminded them of work. which it did. but I’ve given up on most of my old friends because they rather drink at the bar or go out to eat or whatever.

i can’t imagine coordinating screen sharing or even deciding on a thing to watch

My IRL friend groups started a discord group where we watch things and hang out. It helps that I already was a part of an existing community, if I didn't already have a robust friend group idk how to start.

hot witch divorcee
Jan 4, 2021

is that a tower in your pants or are you just happy to see me
glad to have a new thread to celebrate covid being over in

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Insanite posted:

Note to thread: wife's nasal swab was negative. 2x throat + nasal swabs were positive.

Throat swab lyfe.

imagine the number of free biden tests people are taking at home that come up negative but the person's actually positive and they go out and do poo poo in public anyway.

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Heeelp meee... prevent wildfires

Louisgod posted:

imagine the number of free biden tests people are taking at home that come up negative but the person's actually positive and they go out and do poo poo in public anyway.

That's a feature

hot witch divorcee
Jan 4, 2021

is that a tower in your pants or are you just happy to see me

mawarannahr posted:

idk ive been in a bunch of discord servers for things i like, some of them irl groups, some of them for leftists, some for games, some that are just social ones that popped up from the former. you can meet people and make friends but it requires coming at things with no expectations and finding people you like hanging around with.

i know we like to be dismissive and ironically dismissive of internet acquaintanceships and hobby communities and poo poo but its a big part of what has kept me sane even before COVID. what you do in particular isn't as important as that it's something you and your groups enjoy.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Whoolighams posted:

Kinda getting to the point where if nothing is going to get better, why not give up and go about things like normal tbh

There is no better anymore, you just have to accept that you either treat the disease seriously and live the rest of your life as a social outcast or risk permanent injury/death to participate in society, there's no middle ground at this point

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Joe will fix it

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

text editor posted:

nah Ginni's gonna do that Weekend at Woodrow's/Ronnie's thing that Edith Wilson and Nancy Reagan did when their husband's brains turned to soup

This would also be extremely easy to do with Thomas since he famously doesn't ask questions during oral arguments

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Mayor Dave posted:

This would also be extremely easy to do with Thomas since he famously doesn't ask questions during oral arguments

but enough about his sex life

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Insanite posted:

welp, wife’s rapid test is positive

I have a sore throat

:(

why not enjoy a dinner at Applebee's while you wait for the PCR test results

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

U-DO Burger posted:

in short there is no compelling reason to believe that we have suddenly broken the cycle of [huge wave of new variant -> dip in cases -> huge wave of new variant -> etc.] and in fact the next wave has already started in a few areas. federal funding for testing is officially dead, with treatment and vaccination soon to follow. if you haven't gotten vaxxed yet, it is now too late to complete the series of shots before you have to pay for them. still no vaccine for 0-4 age group.

IIRC funding is only running out for the uninsured. insurance should still cover for the insured

MLK Ultra
Mar 9, 2021

reposting in new thread since COVID == over.

https://imgur.com/ShEoY2c.mp4

https://imgur.com/Ammm3bT.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/AACqm4q.mp4

https://imgur.com/Wi5ZrTz.mp4

https://imgur.com/9hhD3W6.mp4

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
https://twitter.com/patricklsimpson/status/1507080949116375041?s=20&t=piivTo9KgNpq5xrlCEQUPg

Pillowpants has issued a correction as of 20:44 on Mar 24, 2022

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Korean Boomhauer posted:

thx a ton to op for making a leet OP

yeah fantastic work on the new OP!

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

ground floor of new covid thread while I studiously avoid bankruptcy

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

hot witch divorcee posted:

idk ive been in a bunch of discord servers for things i like, some of them irl groups, some of them for leftists, some for games, some that are just social ones that popped up from the former. you can meet people and make friends but it requires coming at things with no expectations and finding people you like hanging around with.

i know we like to be dismissive and ironically dismissive of internet acquaintanceships and hobby communities and poo poo but its a big part of what has kept me sane even before COVID. what you do in particular isn't as important as that it's something you and your groups enjoy.

Unfortunately admitting to being quirky on the forums is a great way to get run out, but being in fandoms over the years is how I acquired my current friend group.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

reading through the new OP (good job op) and all the mask recommended links were already marked as visited by me, you love 2 see it

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

You know what's truly hosed up is if Biden's team came in with the intent to design a maximally hurtful COVID response they probably couldn't have done a more deliberately evil job than whatever the gently caress this is

They could have banned masks nationwide

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

Real Mean Queen posted:

I bet things are gonna be pretty bad by the time we get another five thousand pages into this one

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice