Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

MRLOLAST posted:

I hope they go full judge dredd wasteland dudes.

same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc
How big of a deal would it be if I didn't put 1-2mm lifts on metal sisters in an Ecclesiarchy Kill Team? Not planning to mix with plastics, using 32mm bases & they still stand above the barriers from the main box.

Injuryprone
Sep 26, 2007

Speak up, there's something in my ear.

For Kill Team, if I only build one of each, should I build a DG champ with bolter or plasma pistol? Fighter with knives or axe/mace?

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
Are the not-fremen wearing skin aprons or is it just confusingly coloured cloth?

Vagabong fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Mar 24, 2022

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Charles Get-Out posted:

How big of a deal would it be if I didn't put 1-2mm lifts on metal sisters in an Ecclesiarchy Kill Team? Not planning to mix with plastics, using 32mm bases & they still stand above the barriers from the main box.

Not even worth bringing up, imo. If anyone gives you issues with that tell them to go pound sand.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Injuryprone posted:

For Kill Team, if I only build one of each, should I build a DG champ with bolter or plasma pistol? Fighter with knives or axe/mace?

Axe for sure. And iirc Plasma over Bolter but you should double check that one.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

Floppychop posted:

Not even worth bringing up, imo. If anyone gives you issues with that tell them to go pound sand.

Sounds good to me! I'm not going to bother trying to green stuff little mounds then.

Injuryprone posted:

Not sure about the Champ, but I'd say it depends on the type of saves you're facing. If they're not that great, DG have that 1 CP double attack for Bolters which means 8x 2+ shots.

As for the Fighter, re-rolling misses is usually great and there's a +1 normal damage equip for knives

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Charles Get-Out posted:

Sounds good to me! I'm not going to bother trying to green stuff little mounds then.

If you feel like you really want to make them taller just a piece of plasticard would make them the same height. When I was converting my old metal SoB to 32mm bases I just clipped the rim off the 25mm and glued the model + top of the base to a 32mm. They're basically the same height as the plastic SoB.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

Floppychop posted:

If you feel like you really want to make them taller just a piece of plasticard would make them the same height. When I was converting my old metal SoB to 32mm bases I just clipped the rim off the 25mm and glued the model + top of the base to a 32mm. They're basically the same height as the plastic SoB.

That's pretty genius and would've been good to do when I'd first started. I've already sanded, pinned, cleaned, etc. all the models and they're good to go aside from the bases. Height isn't bothering me so as long as there wasn't a big gameplay issue I'm going to roll with it. Wanting to do rusty sandy flat plains bases anyways so no bumps is good.

E. Nesbit
Mar 18, 2009

Eat two dicks and call me in the morning.

Injuryprone posted:

General Kill Team rule: plasma will outperform bolter in just about any situation, and you can only take up to a couple depending on your faction. Two bolter shots with Malicious volleys might outperform against mooks like Guard or Eldar, but there's no feeling like one-shotting a Tyranid Warrior on turn 1 activation 1.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Charles Get-Out posted:

That's pretty genius and would've been good to do when I'd first started. I've already sanded, pinned, cleaned, etc. all the models and they're good to go aside from the bases. Height isn't bothering me so as long as there wasn't a big gameplay issue I'm going to roll with it. Wanting to do rusty sandy flat plains bases anyways so no bumps is good.

Base size is a bigger issue. It's pretty easy to just imagine they're a couple mm taller when determining LoS.

If you decide you want those couple of mm later on, you can just put the plasticard on the bottom of the base as a little riser as well.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Putting a riser under the base is probably the simplest/easiest thing to do. You could also just bring something like that and pop it under a model if someone is being a real stickler about the line of sight.

The height difference between the metal Sisters and the new plastics is noticeable but it shouldn't be an issue for gameplay; mostly it just looks a little funny if you have a mix of both next to each other.

Hedningen
May 4, 2013

Enough sideburns to last a lifetime.

Ashcans posted:

Putting a riser under the base is probably the simplest/easiest thing to do. You could also just bring something like that and pop it under a model if someone is being a real stickler about the line of sight.

The height difference between the metal Sisters and the new plastics is noticeable but it shouldn't be an issue for gameplay; mostly it just looks a little funny if you have a mix of both next to each other.

Not gonna lie, looks like that gun’s firing tactical buttplugs.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Make love not war.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Hedningen posted:

looks like

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Adeptus Suppositoritus

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Hedningen posted:

sigmund freud just rolled a bunch of sixes

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Ashcans posted:

the big ones are the sisters raised from the midwest cow planets

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Humans come in different sizes.

Guildencrantz
May 1, 2012

IM ONE OF THE GOOD ONES

goatface posted:

Humans come in different sizes.

Yeah, this. You'd never register this difference in height between two real people as anything remotely unusual. Tabletop minis are of course pretty uniform within their particular range, but I doubt anyone would see this case as "off".

There's situations where it looks bad (like the old plastic Cadians that now look tiny because of scale creep) but this isn't one of them.

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013
Just like in the army the big girls get to carry the big gun.

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

MRLOLAST posted:

Just like in the army the big girls get to carry the big gun.

Sister Vasquez?

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Virtual Russian posted:

I'm gearing up for another tournament. They are not going to play the standard tournament scenario, but will have missions that are randomly determined. They are then going to allow you to garrison in, or within 15cms of terrain on your board half.

My buddy and I played a test game, I used my list from the previous tournament, he used an Ork list with mostly garrisons, a Stompa mob with Supa-Stompa, all backed by 2 sets of 4 fighta-bombez and a landa. It was brutal. We started so close in that by turn 3 we had almost nothing left. I managed a marginal victory turn 4 as all that was unbroken on the field was my Reaver Titan, and a single unit of 5 infantry, with my Reaver between two objectives. It was a ton of fun.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

It was just pointed out to me that the pigs in the new Norse BB team are positionals and not just markers like I thought they were. I'm not sure how I feel about that.

I know BB has never taken itself seriously, but keg-toting pigs on the pitch, guys doing a Capt Morgan pose on a keg mid field, and almost everyone holding a full mug up in the air seems like it's leaning too hard into the "lol, look how random and wacky they are".

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Yeah but those things rule

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Mugs on the belts like Nobility or Dwarves would be cool and good, but poses like the Capt Morgan pose just makes me think they aren't actually playing BB.

I loathe the 'tactical terrain' that GW loves so much. It's dumb in AoS and 40k, and makes even less sense on a football pitch.

Again, I get that Blood Bowl has never taken itself seriously, but this feels like peak flanderization.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Floppychop posted:

It was just pointed out to me that the pigs in the new Norse BB team are positionals and not just markers like I thought they were. I'm not sure how I feel about that.

I know BB has never taken itself seriously, but keg-toting pigs on the pitch, guys doing a Capt Morgan pose on a keg mid field, and almost everyone holding a full mug up in the air seems like it's leaning too hard into the "lol, look how random and wacky they are".

I don't see anything in the article saying the pigs are positional, just that they provide a "mid-game pick me up", and 3 of the models shown have beer mugs out of 12 , 2 have the "tactical terrain" (one being the beer keg who is also one of the three holding mugs and the other being a rune stone). It's fine if you don't want to use those specific 3 models, there's 9 other ones that don't have mugs or kegs for you to use.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

In the stream where they were announced they said they were 't re-roll counters are whatever, they seem to be actual figures to use on the field.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
During the feed, they did say the pigs were positionals. They're fine - they can be used to tie up opposing players or support a block. You probably won't have more than one on the field at any given time anyway.

Floppychop posted:

Mugs on the belts like Nobility or Dwarves would be cool and good, but poses like the Capt Morgan pose just makes me think they aren't actually playing BB.
Yeah, they aren't great. If they were posed on a head or something, it would be a little better, but they really look more suited to the sidelines.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
Also in today's article about the new norse star player they refer to the pigs as "players"

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

I totally agree that the Norse team sculpts goes over the line into dumb with the full beer mugs and "posing on a rock".

The Pigs themselves? Those rule, and we're 25+ teams in, I'm okay with some silly gimmicks.

Crackbone fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Mar 28, 2022

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

berzerkmonkey posted:

During the feed, they did say the pigs were positionals. They're fine - they can be used to tie up opposing players or support a block. You probably won't have more than one on the field at any given time anyway.

Yeah, they aren't great. If they were posed on a head or something, it would be a little better, but they really look more suited to the sidelines.

A head/helmet or even a whole knocked out player would be fine in my book. But yeah, feels like they're sideline staff or cheerleaders

Crackbone posted:

I totally agree that the Norse team sculpts goes over the line into dumb with the full beer mugs and "posing on a rock".

The Pigs themselves? Those rule, and we're 25+ teams in, I'm okay with some silly gimmicks.

Might I refer you to Goblins, Snotlings, and Necromantic horror?

I guess it feels to me like it tips the scale too hard and kind of waters down the silly gimmick teams? Like if everyone's crazy and silly then no one is.

They said the pigs are 20k as well. When a team has solid other positionals then a cheap dump player to hit 11 players means more of the heavy lifters. eg: I mainly play Skaven and if I had something like a giant rat that was 20k but otherwise garbage they'd be in every starting roster to afford more Gutter Runners and rerolls.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
Feels perfectly on line to me, but maybe it's because I like that sort of thing.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Its my opinion that Blood Bowl is the setting for the art and models to be as silly as they want

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
blood bowl seems like it needs to be ultra silly, not grimdark and brutal. poo poo, I dislike 40k when it's grimdark and brutal, I like treating everything like they're literal cartoon characters

Hedningen
May 4, 2013

Enough sideburns to last a lifetime.
Reminder that you can hire an angry squirrel for you Blood Bowl team. So it’s not like this is suddenly new and different.

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

I don’t know why drinking from open containers while playing full contact sports triggers me but a crazed super squirrel does not.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Crackbone posted:

I don’t know why drinking from open containers while playing full contact sports triggers me but a crazed super squirrel does not.

I think the issue is that some of them are drinking from mugs, but there's clearly more than enough drinking horns to go around.

If they were using the drinking horns then it would all make sense, because you can't really put those down when it's time to play.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Some friends and I were looking at getting in to Warcry. I'm thinking of starting up with a Soulblight Gravelord squad, since I guess I can use a bunch of the Cursed City models. It looks like GW put their unit cards online, so is there anything else I need aside from the core rule book? I really don't want to shell out for the big starter box.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Cthulu Carl posted:

I think the issue is that some of them are drinking from mugs, but there's clearly more than enough drinking horns to go around.

If they were using the drinking horns then it would all make sense, because you can't really put those down when it's time to play.
You can also smash a heavy mug into someone's face. Don't want to break a nice drinking horn.