Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

lol i yelled gently caress yeah when she brained that guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Holy poo poo, this episode is going to spawn a billion fan theories. That was a nutso ride from start to finish.

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004

Propaniac posted:

Sounds like I was right to think it was notable we'd never seen a picture of Gemma?

Your prediction was 100% THE YOU YOU ARE

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
tag yourself

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
OH FOR gently caress'S SAKE

(:toot:)

Prairie Bus
Sep 22, 2006

Escobarbarian posted:

holy motherfucking poo poo that dance party scene

I want some gifs of that scene, it was so perfect.

Great episode. My wife caught on that Cobel wasn’t fishing for info about Petey with her questions; she was trying to see if outie Mark had found Gemma.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Khanstant posted:

tag yourself

I’m effusive ska

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
So what does everyone think is going on? How does this even work? Miss Casey is Gemma. I think maybe she could have crashed her car, and became brain dead, and then Lumon took her, did severance, and the innie is able to wake up and do things, but the outie of Gemma is in a coma or something. But then how would that come to occur? Surely when Gemma "died" they had a funeral and all that? This is just confusing.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Cojawfee posted:

So what does everyone think is going on? How does this even work? Miss Casey is Gemma. I think maybe she could have crashed her car, and became brain dead, and then Lumon took her, did severance, and the innie is able to wake up and do things, but the outie of Gemma is in a coma or something. But then how would that come to occur? Surely when Gemma "died" they had a funeral and all that? This is just confusing.

That's my hypothesis/confusion as well. There was a throwaway line about Casey being a part-time innie in one of the earlier episodes, so it probably relates to that.

Freaquency posted:

I’m effusive ska

Defiant jazz is just a fad, dude. Effusive ska is forever.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

hopefully if there's a season 2 we can get MAXIMIZED RHYTHMS

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

Freaquency posted:

I’m effusive ska

nooooooo I wanted to be that one

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
mods change my name to Reckless Disco

Raspberry Bang
Feb 14, 2007

I call “Thoughtful Grunge”

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Cojawfee posted:

yea this is my first thought as well, unless they go so far as to literally bring a dead person back to life, part time.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
Turturro's Brooklyn just came roaring out in this line, didn't it:

https://i.imgur.com/2qBS45u.mp4

Raspberry Bang
Feb 14, 2007

It’s going to be very sad when they wake up Mark at work and he sees his wife and she only sees him as another co worker.

Im sort of imagining a season finale where there’s something the innies have to do on the outside that only an innie can do. They elect Mark to go outside but before they do they wake him up to tell his outie what the deal is. Somehow he’ll see his wife is alive right as they’re switching him back to his innie.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Hawkperson posted:

nooooooo I wanted to be that one

Ok, I’ll drop it as long as you PICK IT UP PICK IT UP PICK IT UP

With regards to this week’s ending, I thought that Cobel had mentioned that Ms. Casey was an innie full-time, but I haven’t rewatched last week’s episode to confirm that. If that’s the case though, that does open up the possibility that Gemma/Lumon faked her death to move her down there which could be kinda awkward for Mark when he finds out.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
not related to the new episode but should be considered a spoiler about the series.
I noticed the wikipedia page for this show says there will be a season 2 and cites this page. https://productionlist.com/production/severance-season-2/ I kind of thought this was going to be a one season show, curious where it is going and what will be resolved this season.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
I fully expected Dylan to become an antagonist around this point and I'm pleasantly surprised to be wrong.

That said...I'm still thinking Irv and Burt are in love and/or married on the outside and this episode definitely ramped that belief up a notch or two. But it's got me thinking about Helly and Dylan. If all the innies are paired off on the outside, who are their connections with? Is Helly Cobel's daughter and that's why her outie is so determined to keep her there? Or is her connection with somebody else? I don't think Dylan and Milchick have a connection because Dylan's son didn't trust him so who are they connected to?

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
this episode really fucks me up when i think back to the wellness sesh mark had, with the stolen candle being lit and everything

Khanstant posted:

tag yourself

wistful pipes

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Freaquency posted:

With regards to this week’s ending, I thought that Cobel had mentioned that Ms. Casey was an innie full-time, but I haven’t rewatched last week’s episode to confirm that. If that’s the case though, that does open up the possibility that Gemma/Lumon faked her death to move her down there which could be kinda awkward for Mark when he finds out.

Cobel said that Ms Casey is a part time innie. Mark and all the others are full time innies, as in they work a full time job. I assume Ms Casey only exists when they need the wellness counselor and they switch her off whenever she isn't needed. So she doesn't get as socialized as everyone else, which is why she's so weird.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Holy poo poo what an episode.

"Let's burn this place to the ground" was an incredible part of the penultimate scene.... but then the final scene :supaburn:

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016

Kill All Cops posted:

wistful pipes
Always bet on black.

Did I catch this right? The gang immediately correctly asserted that it was specifically Graner's keycard innie-Mark found in his pocket.

Anyway, speculation: the MDR gang will throw the switch for everyone. At the point Mark wakes up, Gemma goes back into a coma.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Khanstant posted:

Haha drat "I liked all these things about her... equally"

:vince:

gently caress me what an incredible show.

Odoyle
Sep 9, 2003
Odoyle Rules!

Only Kindness posted:

Did I catch this right? The gang immediately correctly asserted that it was specifically Graner's keycard innie-Mark found in his pocket.

It’s evidently a recognizably different color, like a high end AmEx

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

well drat

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

graner was probably the only one who had one

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

i love every single moment with Milchick, I hope Tramell tillman's career takes off after this

e: how it feels waking up to a new episode (ep7 spoilers)
https://twitter.com/IAmMartineJean/status/1507237573239877632
https://twitter.com/0ceaneyes88/status/1507198272984731653

Aye Doc fucked around with this message at 11:29 on Mar 25, 2022

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

More than Star Citizen will ever be.

Cojawfee posted:

Maybe she was braindead in the hospital. Mark agreed to have her taken off life support and lumon somehow faked it and had her severed instead. That would explain a bit about Mark. He feels guilty for taking her off life support. They mention at one point that there are permanent innies who never go outside. Maybe Miss Casey is one of those. If they ever switched her off she'd stop breathing and die for real.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Trabant posted:

Turturro's Brooklyn just came roaring out in this line, didn't it:

https://i.imgur.com/2qBS45u.mp4

John Turturro is the best.

Khanstant posted:

tag yourself

Spooky Ambient!

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

10/10 five star end of episode revelation holy loving poo poo GEMMA’S ALIVE MARK.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

lumpentroll posted:

graner was probably the only one who had one

We’ve only ever seen 2 people with the black cards, one is Milchick who all of them had seen with his because of the door to MDR and the other was Graner. Not a hard deduction to make.

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
best episode yet a+

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

What's the fifth, undefined, bin?

e: nm misread the book, that's not how it works

Chubby Henparty fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Mar 25, 2022

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Freaquency posted:

I think it was actually the opposite - Cobel said last week that Ms Casey was a part-time innie as an explanation for why she seems less socially developed than the others.

Which adds another factor the whole question to what the hell happened here?

What an excellent twist. The kind of twist that I only saw coming in the episode it was in, but still got the details wrong, assuming it was Helly.

They purposefully left Ms Casey out of this episode and most of the last one so she wouldn't be as present in your mind when you were waiting for the reveal, 'who else could it be? gotta be helly. mark did 'see' her that one time on the way out....'

Seriously man every single scene in this episode was great. Okay, the Cobel/Mark's sister scene was a bit hard to watch - I find Ms Cobel on the outside tough to deal with - but absolutely everything else was just excellent.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
I'm Hootin' and/or Tootin' Country.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Son of a Vondruke! posted:

Maybe she was braindead in the hospital. Mark agreed to have her taken off life support and lumon somehow faked it and had her severed instead. That would explain a bit about Mark. He feels guilty for taking her off life support. They mention at one point that there are permanent innies who never go outside. Maybe Miss Casey is one of those. If they ever switched her off she'd stop breathing and die for real.

Maybe Mark knew after Lumon attempted to save her, she could only live inside the company. Causing him to take the job so at least his innie could see her daily. This might also explain why he got so angry at the anti Lumon protestor. I want to know how the baby goats are involved in all of this.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

roomtone posted:

Seriously man every single scene in this episode was great. Okay, the Cobel/Mark's sister scene was a bit hard to watch - I find Ms Cobel on the outside tough to deal with - but absolutely everything else was just excellent.
She's so goddamn scary no matter what she is doing. Her "pleasant nice" face has terrifying dead eyes and a smile that looks programmed. How Mark's sister doesn't find her scary requires some suspension of disbelief from me. Even just her as neighbor, idk, if I were Mark I wouldn't be able to be as neutral towards. If nothing else, last ep would've been the straw, her loving commenting on my trash-taking-out habits, snitch, are you watching me!? mind yer fuckin business*.

*yes it technically is her business but that changes nothing in how aggressive you should respond towards someone in that situation

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Khanstant posted:

She's so goddamn scary no matter what she is doing. Her "pleasant nice" face has terrifying dead eyes and a smile that looks programmed. How Mark's sister doesn't find her scary requires some suspension of disbelief from me. Even just her as neighbor, idk, if I were Mark I wouldn't be able to be as neutral towards. If nothing else, last ep would've been the straw, her loving commenting on my trash-taking-out habits, snitch, are you watching me!? mind yer fuckin business*.

*yes it technically is her business but that changes nothing in how aggressive you should respond towards someone in that situation

yeah the trash taking thing set me off. get the gently caress away!

i keep waiting for mark to at least mutter 'jesus christ' or something under his breath after an interaction with her, but he seems to find this tolerable somehow. the woman is a smiling menace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Khanstant posted:

tag yourself

I'll take Exalted Choral for 500 Alex.

Loving this show but I can't get my friends to pony up for the free month trial to watch it. Maybe after the whole show is released I'll be able to convince them. One guy really wants to watch Foundation for some reason, but he's happily waiting for it to come to his library's dvd collection.