Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

smackfu posted:

It eventually catches up with you if you don’t score any goals.

Ah, the Arsenal plan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

Thanks Ants posted:

If you want to do VPN for country shifting on a router then get something like https://www.gl-inet.com/products/gl-b1300/, it has wizards for loads of providers and it's OpenWrt anyway so you can get into the more advanced stuff if you want. I suggested it to my brother in law because he wants to be able to watch La Liga games and he managed to get it all set up by himself.

:aaaaa: This is cheaper than the usual netgate box I recommend to people, and it includes wifi? I'm going to check this thing out.

Theophany posted:

I'm deadly serious lmao

Wolverhampton's right by me, if you're game and have a evening let's go for a beer, bud.

I'm game, knowing my family we're going to end up pissed at the pub every night anyways.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Sab0921 posted:

Sorry to our Italian sports enthusiasts. The sports gods giveth and they taketh away.

https://twitter.com/ESPNFC/status/1507109723534987274?s=20&t=B56KcS2HIZY8E3DsmPfkFQ

Amazing. 🇲🇰 🇲🇰🇲🇰🇲🇰🇲🇰🇲🇰🇲🇰🇲🇰🇲🇰🇲🇰🇲🇰🇲🇰🇲🇰🇲🇰🇲🇰🇲🇰🇲🇰🇲🇰🇲🇰🇲🇰🇲🇰🇲🇰🇲🇰🇲🇰

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

Sab0921 posted:

Sorry to our Italian sports enthusiasts. The sports gods giveth and they taketh away.

https://twitter.com/ESPNFC/status/1507109723534987274?s=20&t=B56KcS2HIZY8E3DsmPfkFQ

they're avoiding drawing the political and economic ire of the powers that be by making it look like they're frauds instead of going out and announcing a boycott of the human rights violation that is the qatar wc

they're heroes and should be celebrated as such

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

The football loss actually means it is now guaranteed that the Scud takes both drivers and constructors this year

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

opposable thumbs.db posted:

Italian football and F1 teams both boycotting Qatar this year, great to see

A very principled and honorable country!

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?
Finished the last episode of DTS finally. Michael Masi is a douche.

I'm not even talking about the decision making just his prickish radio Comms.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Thanks Ants posted:

Ah, the Arsenal plan

I'll hug and kiss you

wicka fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Mar 25, 2022

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I am a long suffering truster of the process, OP

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Thanks Ants posted:

I am a long suffering truster of the process, OP

My mistake, fixed

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
El Plan

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Quizzlefish posted:

Finished the last episode of DTS finally. Michael Masi is a douche.

I'm not even talking about the decision making just his prickish radio Comms.

We said it right at the start of the season, he was the annoying middle manager prick who got promoted way above his competence levels because of death and/or retirement and did everything in an arrogant micromanaging panic.

Please continue to decide what is or isn't a track violation on a race by race, corner by corner, session dependent basis because it's the one thing that you have a sense of control over, everyone loves that Michael.

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?

learnincurve posted:

We said it right at the start of the season, he was the annoying middle manager prick who got promoted way above his competence levels because of death and/or retirement and did everything in an arrogant micromanaging panic.

Please continue to decide what is or isn't a track violation on a race by race, corner by corner, session dependent basis because it's the one thing that you have a sense of control over, everyone loves that Michael.

He was also just quite rude and flustered all the time

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Mike Krack

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

ArmZ posted:

Mike Krack

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Ready for McLaren to demonstrate their real car tomorrow in FP1

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

Thanks Ants posted:

Ready for McLaren to demonstrate their real car tomorrow in FP1

Race 2 is when the sandbags will come off. McLaren are pulling off the greatest ruse in motorsport history.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Looking forward to El Plan.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
I hope Haas is able to maintain their 3rd in the WCC for a while. It owns

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

smackfu posted:

It eventually catches up with you if you don’t score any goals.

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

Zanael posted:

yeah he said as much during his canal+ interview for french TV, he intentionnaly slowed early on turn 1 so max could pass and he would then follow him closely to get DRS

Why didnt Max just trail behind him during the first DRS zone and then pass him in the second one? It makes sense in my head, but I'm kind of a newb to F1

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

DrunkPanda posted:

Why didnt Max just trail behind him during the first DRS zone and then pass him in the second one? It makes sense in my head, but I'm kind of a newb to F1

Max is a loving idiot

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

DrunkPanda posted:

Race craft are two words Max* has never heard

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

The only race craft Max knows about is phrenology

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

i think the red bull defenders excuse is that after turn 1 the speed of the ferrari is such a difference that max wouldnt have a chance to overtake anyway because the ferrari would just pull away?

but idk it seems like if you just press the other driver for a period of time you at least put the pressure on them to make a mistake, im also a dumb baby watching this so what do i know

speng31b
May 8, 2010

your friend wicka posted:

Makes sense he'd be into phrenology, he had to seek out some kind of explanation in the universe for his own weird head shape

Cirofren
Jun 13, 2005

Pillbug
If Max was using his battery to boost up to Charles on the straight then he wouldn't have had it left for the next corners, but if he had realised that Leclerc was letting him have turn one then it seems more likely he could have saved the energy to pull the same move that Leclerc did on turn 4 in reverse.

I'm not sure if there's any way for us to see when a driver is deploying the battery or whatever you want to call it during a race, but you can see when they're harvesting to regen the battery because the red lights on the back of the car blink.

Basically, Max couldn't overtake Charles the way Charles overtook Max because he's not as good a driver OP.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

:lmao:

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

MustardFacial posted:

Race 2 is when the sandbags will come off. McLaren are pulling off the greatest ruse in motorsport history.

P sure saudi is where the sandbags get filled no?

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Hulk running for Vettel again...

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

gently caress lol

refleks posted:

Hulk running for Vettel again...

Poor Seb can’t catch a break

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

:vince:

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

Thanks Ants posted:

Have you considered that it's probably a good thing he doesn't have to drive what appears to be a completely shithouse car OP?

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Thanks Ants posted:

gently caress lol

He's probably genuinely more happy about just being home with his family instead of driving that shitbox around

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together
Mazepin

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Seb isn't sick at all. With his new found morality, he's simply refusing to race in countries with poor human rights and a lack of democracy, such as Bahrain or Saudi Arabia. Expect him to also skip Miami and Silverstone.

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

:lando:

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Pablo Bluth posted:

Seb isn't sick at all. With his new found morality, he's simply refusing to race in countries with poor human rights and a lack of democracy, such as Bahrain or Saudi Arabia. Expect him to also skip Miami and Silverstone.

but he was at the test in Bahrain? and you'd think he would want to be more public about this if it was a stance? I don't see that idea being on the mark, honestly.

sounds like Alpine already have new parts on their car, updated sidepods, so excited to see the rest of this race weekend get started.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

friendship ended with ferrari. now renault is my best friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

harperdc posted:

but he was at the test in Bahrain? and you'd think he would want to be more public about this if it was a stance? I don't see that idea being on the mark, honestly..
He's only newly awoken to the injustices of the world. He's currently in dispute with the team and FOM over skipping races, hence the agreed covid cover story. You'll know I'm right when in the run-up to Silverstone he says "I aint going to Brexitland Bitches. Boris the Toff can suck my finger."